Shingle Creek Golf Club

4.2037235294 4.2 stars from 5 (427)

• 9939 Universal Blvd, Orlando, Florida 32819, Orange County
  • shinglecreekgolf.com

Year built: 2003
Architect(s): David Harman, Thad Layton (2016)
Type: Public
Greens: Bermuda Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Pull-carts: No
Caddies: No
GPS: Yes

Singles allowed: Yes
Dress code: Collared shirts for men, no denim, and Bermuda length shorts are required.
Credit cards accepted: Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed

Silver 72 5582 yards 0.0 0
Ivory 72 4961 yards 0.0 0

Location is at a resort near local attractions convenient to the city   Great for advanced golfers entertaining clients a weekend splurge   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining brunch

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2017

Butchmccoy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/14/2017

"Hot Deal Good Value for Shingle Creek Golf Club"

Ron1851273's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Played the course a few months ago and the conditions were great at that time. The new layout of the course is fun and moderately challenging. Now for my recent play a week ago, they had cart path rules in place and not because the course was damp because it was dry at the time I played but the reason I believe is because the fairways were in really bad condition. Lots of dried out patches throughout. Guess they are trying to get the fairways to come back to life for the winter golfers. Overall, the staff are very friendly and do not push you to valet park as self park was an option. The course provides range balls with your green fees which is very nice and their practice facilities are great. Overall the $35 green fees were not a bad deal that I got on a hot deal but if I had paid the $79 afternoon green fees the course was charging in the summer for the conditions of the course I would consider it sub par.

"Honesty"

Edward1529084's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017

Love the course, I wish courses would be more honest about communication if it's car path only. My round also started 40 minutes late because of a tournament. I would have played somewhere else are bought my push cart.

"Breathtaking, enjoyable, secluded!"

Phillip4903508's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I think the best course I have played in Florida (live in Tampa Bay, travel to Orlando and Brooksville frequently).

Did not 'feel' like resort course, which is a great thing -- but rather felt like were immersed in nature and enjoying pure gold.

Greens are incredible - tough with undulations/rifts and many MANY different pin location options which made it fun because they were still fair.

WOW - holed out a 8-iron which helps my mood :) -- but then double bogeyed the next hole and still had fun, so that tells you something!!

Hoping I can find to get a way on this course again for a reasonable rate, amazing.

"Shingle Creek Review"

Jim3758392's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

I played this course 2 years ago and everything about it was excellent, however this time round the fairways were awful, greens very slow but a good layout! I hope it returns to its previous quality!

"Good course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2017

I've played this course many times and it's on my go to list of Orlando courses.

The course was being airated, so only 9 holes open. This was explained at check in, and a reduced green fee applicable.

The course is excellent, not so keen on the new holes as I really enjoyed the old layout, but they are still good holes.

Just the old ones were that little bit special.

The practice facilities are excellent and the course is always in good condition even standing up to heavy rain.

Overall it's a very good experience and to be recommended.

Dan1469494's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/11/2017

Course is very well kept. All the holes are different which makes it fun to play. Staff very friendly

"Very Enjoyable Round of Golf"

terry2645's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/09/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

An excellent experience from start to finish. Staff were attentive, professional and friendly. Course was in good condition and the fact that it was not busy so we had a quick round was a bonus. Lovely course and great facility - well worth a try!

I'll be back.

Thanks to all who made the day a good one.

"Great Round at Shingle Creek"

hoopdawg21's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The staff is super friendly and everyone helps getting your round started. A snack bar is close to the starter area which is convenient. The course was updated by Arnold Palmer prior to his passing and you can certainly tell that via the undulated greens. Wide open fairways and occasional water trouble, but lots of room for every shot. Many of the bunkers are directly in your line and I landed in several of those. The bunkers are in good condition so it was easy to get out. The staff comes out to the course while you are playing, but are super friendly and offering cool towels and asking about your round. The course is connected to the hotel which was excellent. Played it twice during this stay and will certainly return again.

"Challanging Greens"

wachtlerstephen's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

The course was very nice and in good condition. The new holes are coming in well and not bad as I have read in other reviews. The greens were in great shape and very difficult to read. They were fast with very subtle breaks. If you putted to the wrong side of a mound you could miss your putt by several feet.

"Shingle Creek"

SolivitaRetired's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

The putting green and driving range was in good condition. The course is somewhat challenging. There was more water in the fairways than I would have liked. I played other courses around Orlando with better drainage systems. Some of the bunkers were not in good shape. They needed more sand. The greens were very nice, but very large. The turn being after 7 is unique. I think something should be done to alter this. I would recommend this course if you can get a good online deal. I would not pay the full rate with the current course conditions. JMHO

"Definitely worth playing"

Sarann77's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017

I have driven by this course numerous times while in Orlando. I'm glad I had a chance to play it. It's a really nice course with a lot of undulations. Pretty challenging from the back black tees but pretty fair from the blue (men) tee. The only things that I didn't like about my round was that it was cut short do to rain and storm. I also didn't like the fact that the gps from the cart and my own app didn't reflect the changes that were made to the course. Other than that I really liked the layout of the course.

"Rainy & Hot"

bradleet's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017
Used cart Wet weather

Typical hot florida day with a 30 minute rain delay. Course is in really good shape for August. Some of the fairways have some burned up spots but for the most part the tees and the greens are in excellent condition. And shingle creek always does an excellent job with amenities including free valet w/ towel & bag service. Top notch place to play golf!

"Must play in central Florida"

bradleet's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017

I'm a local Floridian that plays one to two times a week at wherever I can find a solid deal. (20-40 courses a year) and this is a must play. Great ameneties (including complimentary valet, cold towels & range balls). Greens were solid. Probably aerated 6-8 weeks ago and are rolling true that afternoon round. To my locals, be ready to pay resort prices for your brews and eats! We enjoyed it and would highly recommend that you play!!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2017

This is a very player friendly course, so each time we play Shingle Creek will enjoy it more.

Friendly staff and nice restaurant.

Dforeman's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2017

This was my first time playing this course and it was a wonderful experience from the beginning to end. The course and staff was absolutely outstanding. Challenging course and best customer service I have seen in a while.

"nice redesign needs more time"

clay1515's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

close coursed a while back for palmer group to come in a do a redesign. the greens have great undulations and couple new holes added, with a couple taken out. Greens are still new so a little hard. Last time we played was in better condition then yesterdays round. Lots of divots in greens and hairy. Driving range was little beat up as well.

"Redesign back nine"

mookaman's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2017

Great staff from the valet to starters. Never had a bad experience just bad swing

"good but oh so slow"

hugh7954355's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/22/2017

We paid £140 for an early tee time at shingle creek

We thought teeing off early (08:39) would mean that we would get round pretty quickly

We arrived to find that it was cart path only which other than a bit of inconvenience wouldn't be too much if an issue oh how we were wrong

We were paired up with two Americans who were more interested in having a beer during the round than anything and by the 13th hole one had given up playing altogether and just sat in the buggy having a beer

Each to their own I suppose.

The course had seen a fair bit of water over the previous few days and weeks so understandable that it wasn't in the greatest of condition

The actual layout is stunning with lots of water and well positioned sand traps, greens ran true if a

Little slow but again given the water was understandable

We teed of 8:40 as said and got off the course just after 1:15 pm considering we were in a buggy the

Pace of play was shocking, we were held up at every hole and pretty much every shot, marshal came round three times and we said that we were being held up but as far as we can tell all that happened was they speeded up and then went back to the crawl.

Considering the cost of the course I'm really disappointed in the overall experience and would think twice about playing again.

It's a shame as we played celebration a few days before and we' were really looking forward to playing shingle creek

The one thing that was amazing about shingle creek was the wildlife we saw 3 different ospreys taking turns to hit the ponds and pick up fish which was for me awesome, we saw a couple of gators but only just popping up on the water, lots of turtles too

I'm

Convinced we saw a bald eagle too that was getting bombed by the ospreys if it wasn't one I'm not sure what it was

I think from my review I'm talking more about the wildlife probably speaks volumes about the golf experience

It's a shame as it's a nice track