Boulder Creek Golf & Country Club

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Average Rating 3.6 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive   Great for wildlife/ scenic views locals walkers   Challenges include narrow fairways elevation changes undulating greens   Great for drinks watching the game

"Elegant Setting in the Redwoods"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

The setting for the golf course was magnificent. However, the greens were poor condition. Would NOT play at Boulder Creek again unless greens are improved substantially. I don't know the reason for the decline in the playability of the greens. The extra wet winter should have made it easier maintain the condition of the greens.

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2017

jeanne7386100's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2017

"Course has nice lay out"

minhnguyenhung's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2017

Like the lay out but need to maintain the fair way better.

Grass too high.

"This golf course should be closed"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2017
Used cart Hot weather

This is the first this year this course. I used to play Boulder Creek regularly over the years. It was never in great shape, but a fun course for a good price especially as a hot deal on Golfnow. It was a nice course in a great setting. But the current management either doesn't have the money or the skills to maintain the course. The fairways are overgrown. The greens in very bad shape. I lost about a dozen of balls in the overgrown fairways. They gave me a warning about the course condition in the golf shop and blamed the recent storms. That is no an excuse to not get the grass cut. It wasn't raining the last two weeks. Today I saw a guy with a push lawnmower to go through a totally overgrown fairway. Where they cut the grass, it is cut too short and is already burned. They really don't know what they are doing. Unless they get professional help this place is going out of business.

"Never Again"

richcasale's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2017

One of the worst golf experiences in over 50 years of playing the game. Do not play this golf course unless you like frustration and punishment. All the fairways were overgrown to the point of the whole course being deep rough with tiny white flowers in the grass to make it almost impossible to fiind your ball. Our foursome lost more than 2 dozen balls in the middle of the fairway. The pre-made sandwiches in the snack bar were nearly a week old according to the date stamp. One breakfast burrito was almost 2 weeks old. We pre-purchased our round on golf now but the rate was no different at the golf course. The greens were recently airated and done poorly and in terrible shape. We only found 1 drinking fountain on the entire course. No beer cart or outside beer or coolers are allowed on the course. There was nothing good about the course except the setting amongst the redwoods. We all felt like walking off the course by the 4th hole. What a frustrating experience. The course needs to be closed and reopened after substantial improvements are made all the way around. At this point the golf shop has a nerve to charge anyone to play golf in an overgrown goat pasture. Sorry for the negative review but it's the truth.

Commented on 05/04/2017

I couldn't agree with you more. I know your frustration, we felt the same exact way. We continued to play till the 18th hole, hoping it would get better but never did. This course needs an extreme amount of help.

"Beautiful Corse"

bccomputer's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2017
Previously played Used cart

Can't beat this place for the price. Awesome views. You must be accurate to score well here. The redwoods are waiting for you.

"Steer as far way from this course as you can"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2017

I have never been compelled to write a review about a round of golf as I am today. I found a hot deal on GolfNow and looked at the reviews this course had. First, there was a bachelor party that was teeing off (approximately 9-11 people) on hole 1 so the manager said I could tee off on hole 10. What golf course doesn't separate the group into a four some or five some? I stood in the parking lot for about 30 minutes while they were still teeing off just to see if they were in separate groups. Second, the golf carts are a joke. You have to walk to go get your cart because they are no located near the pro shop and they are very outdated and in need of newer gold carts. Third, the course is beyond playable. Even if you hit the ball perfectly down the fairway you can't find it because the grass is above your ankles. I got my money back from golf now and personally spoke to the manager. I'm sorry you can't use rain as an excuse this course is clearly lacking maintenance. The tee boxes were bone dry and haven't been mowed in how long. Can't believe a business would take a customers money knowing how terrible the course conditions were. No one bothered telling me what condition the course was in. If this course was properly maintained it could be a gem easily charging 70 bucks a round. You could tell the course was challenging but steer as far away from here as you can.

Commented on 04/17/2017

I couldn't agree with you more......

"Excellent course surviving the winter"

Happygilmor's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

I've been playing this course my entire life enjoying every round. Currently the course is in bad shape due to the very wet winter we have had however you must take that into factor before playing. It is a gem in the middle of a redwood forest away from the city and has a very laid back relaxing feel after your first shot. It's tight and challenging with very scenic and challenging shots you don't find on many courses. This course will be absolutely gorgeous this summer when it dries out and can actually be mowed properly. if more money was put into the course with more professional grounds keeping it has potential to be one of the more prestigious executive courses in the Bay Area.

"Not worth it"

adutta80's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2017

My friend and I were confused why this course had such s favorable rating. There were no fairways, the grass was not cut. Even after hitting a great shot down the middle, we found ourselves hitting out of the rough because the grass was so long in what should have been a fairway. The tee boxes were not well maintained. The hole placement on the greens looked like they were purposefully placed to mess with you.

It was pretty to walk around redwoods and the staff was very friendly.

We don't plan on playing here again, it never felt like we were playing golf.

Course Layout: Poor

"This Is The Worst Course I Have Ever Played"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

This is the worst course to play by far!!! Save your money, your time, and gas to drive to this place.... I have no clue why it remains open, there is no course maintenance. Lost balls in the middle of what's suppose to be the fairway. There was no update or info on course conditions from the pro shop. Wet is one thing from recent rains, course carelessness is another. This place should be closed until wet grounds permit the personal to maintain the greens and fairways. Shocked there accepting customers and taking there money. FYI the Marshall is rude, and has a bad attitude. I will never return here, and do not recommend to anyone. Steer clear.

Commented on 04/05/2017

How sad, the person in the pro shop and the Marshall, being unprofessional/ bad customer service to feel the need to lie. Never once did we not follow the "cart path only" rule, or be "reprimanded " multiple times. The unprofessionalalism keeps getting better and better. Poor service matches the poor course. What kind of show are they trying to run there. Steer clear people..... save yourselves from not wasting your time, nor having a bad experience.

Commented on 04/04/2017

I was the pro shop attendant when this gentleman played. I explained to him before he paid that we were still in recovery from almost 100" of rain this winter and we had several areas on the golf course that were still unable to be mowed and that we were "cart path only" with electric carts. He violated the cart path only rules several times and had to be reprimanded more than once by the marshal. At the end of his round, he confronted the marshal in the parking lot and refused to return his cart to the cart return area. He called me from his car after he left and was very rude to me on the phone but I dis offer him a complimentary round in a few weeks once our golf course was in better condition at which time he hung up on me. HE WAS THE RUDE PERSON!

"Worst golf experience of all time!"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2017

My only positive comment about this course was that the greens were fairly decent.

They should be ashamed to charge anything to play this course. The course should be closed until it is playable.

This area was hit hard by the recent rains in California. They have not mowed the fairways and with little white flowers popping up all over, it was impossible to find your ball, although you could find lots of balls lost by other unfortunate golfers. If you did find your ball, there was no place to drop or place if for the next shot. It was like walking through a swamp. After a few holes we just drove to a spot about 100 yards out, tried to find a decent lie, hit to the greens and practiced chipping and putting. The greens were in decent shape as well as the area withing 20 yards.Maybe the locals were aware, but we were out of towners and were unaware of the conditions. The pro told us before we teed off to avoid the unmowed areas. Well, there were no unmowed areas!!!

We did have a very nice breakfast before we teed off.

Commented on 04/04/2017

I was the pro shop attendant when this gentleman played. Boulder Creek Golf Course received 100" of rain this winter. I explained that to him before he paid and told him that there were still several areas on the course that were unmowable due to the recovery from so much rain. His description of the course is exaggerated. He did not come back into the pro shop at any time to discuss this with me or anyone else during or after his round. We would have issued him a replay certifi9cate or a refund if he had come back in and talked to me.

"Still recovering​ from the winter"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/18/2017

Front nine is more shaded than the back nine, and fairway grass is pretty thin in areas. I guess they are letting it grow, but as a consequence I had a tough time finding my ball on the fairway on a few occasions.

"Complete dump and embarrassing course"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/29/2017

The course was a dump and the carts felt like the steering was loose, and the grass was long. The fairways,....wait.....what fairways....there wasnt any! Dont get me started on the greens. This was the absolute worse course ive ever played in my 22 yrs of golf. Not even kidding! I literally played 4 holes and left. I didnt even ask for a refund since i figure they needed money to pay the nice lady who was planting seed and showing some initiative in making the course better since no one else had pride in that course. And it showed. I left and went to delavega and played a beautiful course....for the same price. Please for the love of golf, if your read this, they have 300 yard par 5s, terrible greens with stuff and branches all over them. They dont even sweep them off (previous statement to prove no pride in their course). Not to mention, the cart paths are about the same age as their carts (worn beyond worn). My cart had an annoying squeal to it. I will never be back and i suggeest this course to NO ONE! Not even worth 10 bucks a round.

Commented on 04/04/2017

I am the golf shop manager at Boulder Creek. This person would have been issued a refund if he had returned to the pro shop. This review was posted in January during which we received 50" of rain. He was told the conditions before he paid and could have opted out. As far as his description of the course, yes it was virtually unmowable in January which (as noted above) was explained to him before he paid. We do not have 300 yard par 5's. The shortest par 5 is 410 yards. This is a par 65 executive course that measures 4396 yards. One should not expect 500 yard par 5's on an executive golf course.

"This course jumped to the top 5 public courses on my list in San Diego"

mjaquino's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/12/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I've used golfnow for years and this is the first time i'm compelled to write a positive review because it is well deserved! This is the first time i've played SINCE the renovations. I have to say, this course is bea-u-tiful now. The fairways and greens and bunkers are all well maintained. Greens rolled really well. They shortened the course, but tightened it to compensate. This became easily one of my favorite courses now. Greens have interesting undulations and many of the holes now offer risk and reward shots off the tee. Play here. Just fix your ball marks on the greens.

"Good Value"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/24/2016

Saw this course about 18 years ago and wanted to play it, no clubs. Played it today. Nice little layout, not real difficult. The course is in decent shape, have seen worse. It would be a course to play if you couldn't find anything else.. I paid $10 to walk it, I wouldn't pay much more than that. I have to say that the first 4 holes I played in the rain. I would play this course again only if I could get the same price. I had a hamburger and fries after the round and they were very good.

"great to get out"

Fliterisk's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/22/2016

The course was in good condition. I played my round under 3 hours ,. And the staff was very nice and thoughtful .

"Good for the short game"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2016

Nice place to bring a beginner

"Enjoyable course"

jdenson's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/15/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Short, narrow, beautiful and fun course. Very friendly and helpful staff. Greens not in best of shape, but you're in a redwood forest (which often saves your errant shots by ricochet your ball back in the fairway).

"Play the woods"

doshi's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/11/2016

Great course for the buck. Needs attention to improve cart paths. Carts are getting too old like me.