Crystal Springs Golf Course

Indoor practice facilities: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city near the airport worth the drive   Great for wildlife/ scenic views locals advanced golfers   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers narrow fairways   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views patio dining

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2017

"Good course"

eric2678985's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017

This was my first time playing this course. I really liked this place. The course was in good shape. A few holes on the front nine were a little wet but wasn't horrible. The layout was great. This course is carved out in the hillside with nice and peaceful views. This course will be challenging for you if you don't hit your driver straight. It is a little narrow with a lot of slanted fairways since it is in the hills. Lots of elevation change and greens were soft and a little slow. If you need water, there were some holes with water. If you need a lot of water I would bring some. I played on a Friday at noon. Pace of play was fine. Took about 4 and a half to play. There was no beverage cart roaming around and the snack cart at the turn was closed. They do have a bar with a restaurant if you want drinks and food. I would recommend this course to anyone. I look forward to playing it again.

"Overal experience"

Kennymarch's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017

Very friendly and accommodating staff staff. Curse was in good condition and play was fast. We played late in the day.

"Nice course"

Alan2054608's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2017

This was our first time playing this course. We liked the layout the greens were in good shape. We had a 2 some in front of us that had 3 groups backed up.. we will definitely play this course again

"Excellent and scenic track - great value at certain times"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017

Well kept course with great nature views. Course was challenging enough for me as a bogey handicapper, while being forgiving enough for my novice wife to get around with minimal frustration. Front nine slopes toward the ravine below so it is hard to find an even lie on a lot of holes (not a negative - just a challenge). Great deals can be found at choice times (Hot deals on GolfNow, etc.). I recommend

"Fun, but slow"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Great value and decently challenging with sloping fairways on nearly every hole. The pace of play is horrendous on the weekends. I didn't see a marshall the entire round and the cart lady only passed us on #1 and was never to be seen or heard from again, despite a call to the clubhouse.

"Never play here on a weekend"

peter121's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/22/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

I booked though golfnow.com. I got an email the morning of my tee time saying that my tee time would be an hour later than I had booked it for. When I showed up they were running twenty minutes behind that. I noticed a threesome on the tee box. They have no starter so nobody else noticed. I asked and they sent me out with that group. The first nine took about 3 hours. I found out the guys I played with paid ten or fifteen dollars less than me because they got the twilight rate, which I should have qualified for because my tee time was pushed back an hour. Of course, nobody in the clubhouse pointed that out. Nice course for a weekday, but not worth the hassle on a weekend.

"Challenging with slopes and hills with narrow fairways."

dyblee's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2017

Perfect weather and good challenging courses. First half was very good with good pace but the second half was not good. The snack stand was closed and there was no beverage cart going around. There was no no course marshal to protect the players and control the pace. With 3 holes left, the players behind our group kept hitting into us. One time, a ball passed by an inch of my wife's ear while she was putting on the green. Two other members on our group just shook their head but didn't say or do anything so I approached them told them not to hit into us and these young people just laughed and told me they didn't hit into us. I just walked away from these naughty people. The course is good but we'll never come back for our safety. . Never had this kind of experience anywhere playing golf for 28 years. Too bad.

Wooltron's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2017

10 minute wait for almost every shot. Way overbooked. Would have been a fun round otherwise. Course has some interesting holes. Clubhouse and parking situation needs to be remedied.

"Needed a Reminder of Why I Don't Play Here"

Milton1836292's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2017
Previously played Used cart

Crystal Springs is the easiest course for me to get to, but I always seem to forget why I don't play it that often. I got that reminder while waiting on the first tee. We were third up and the group that was teeing off before us was a five-some. Knowing that we weren't going anywhere, we waited until they all got on the green which took about 10 minutes after all of them had already hit their second shots. Our group of 4, teed off and we still had to wait another 5 minutes for them to clear the green. This was after my snap hook from the first tee, looking for my ball and chipping it back out to the fairway while laying 3. It was pretty much this way for our entire round. We got to #15 in 5 hours and just called it a day after finishing #16.

The course is nice enough. The greens are fast. The layout is good with a few odd looking holes, but this is a nice course overall. Nothing extraordinary, but nice. It was also 85 to 90 degrees by the time we got to the 5th hole so a drink cart would have been a welcome site, which we didn't see until after playing #13. At the turn, they usually have a trailer with refreshments, but that was closed when we got there. They do have water stations with cups on certain holes, which helped. So if you plan to play this course on a hot day, be sure to bring a small cooler with enough hydration to last you the day just in case.

They seem to pack this course in which takes away from the experience and for $79.00, its not the cheapest around. But if you don't want to play 5 to 6 hour rounds, this may not be the best course for you to play on a weekend.

"Up and down"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

The day didn't start out well when my playing partner backed out, due to a bad back. Thus, I got stuck with both green fees ($58 total including booking fee) because it was a Hot Deal on GolfNow.com. Then our threesome was stuck behind three women and a guy, none who had any business on this course, which is not for beginners. The front nine is hilly and somewhat tight with plenty of slopes on the fairways and greens. The back nine is flatter, but has one uphill par 4 followed by a downhill par 3. These two holes backed up quickly and golfers had to sit around. Bottom line, the course can be nice (when it's not too windy) if you get a decent price. I wouldn't pay $50 to play here (I can pay that at Poppy Hills). There needs to be more time between the tee times.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2017

Green is a little bit slow.

You are like playing golf in the zoo. Deers are all around the course. Have fun!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2017

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2017

"Fun course and friendly staff"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2017

Very nice course, good variety of holes and a very welcoming staff.

"Nice course...if you have the time"

slim04's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2017

While I love playing Crystal Springs it is unbelievably slow. The front nine is very challenging as the player is faced with sloped fairways and undulation that places an emphasis on making quality shots, and the picturesque views from the 5th green/6th tee are amazing. The back nine gives the player a chance to catch their breath and hopefully make up a couple of shots on their round. The course warns of "slow play" and encourages players to play "ready golf", but the underlying cause is the ownership group cramming too many players on the course at the same time. Tee times 7 to 8 minutes apart do not allow players to complete a round in an acceptable amount of time. We teed off approximately 10 minutes late (8:40am instead of 8:30am) and the round took approximately 5 hours with group waiting on nearly every tee box. The staff has acknowledged the problem, but have stated the tee times are out of their control. The ownership group needs to take accountability for this.

Commented on 05/02/2017

Your comments would best be directed to Courseco. They manage CS and other bay area and CA courses. Maybe if they hear it enough..

"Overbooked"

GN2017's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2017

It was a nice day, good conditions... So they desired to overbooked the day.... The pace was rediculous we got 15 holes in ,6 hours... Not fair for the players and not good business.... Many people quit after waiting between 25 to 30 mins wait.

"Overbooked."

Rip1209739's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

I had an 11:30 tee time. I know, it's Sunday and it's going to be busy. But not like this. It's a public course and the 5 foursomes in front of me were all over the place, on a par 3 it took them 5 to get to the green.

I quite after 9 holes since it took 3.5 hours to play that.

Just not the course for me.

Course Layout: Poor