Calimesa Country Club

Practice bunker: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Location is in the 'burbs convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for locals seniors beginners   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers narrow fairways   Great for drinks patio dining brunch

"Goat farm"

golfmoto's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/14/2017

Owner closed the back nine, he wants to build on the land. Only front nine remains and it is horrible. Dead grass on fairways, diseased greens, tee boxes bad. I don't see this poor excuse for a golf course open for much longer. STAY AWAY FROM HERE!

Commented on 10/05/2017

went by this course yesterday 10/4/17. Course was totally closed as of 9/30/17.

"Course is closed down"

larrysherer's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/07/2017
Used cart Hot weather

When bought two years ago course was in good shape, so good it has taken this long for new owner to run it completely into the ground. Neighbors have been told course had been loosing money for years and in the run down condition would cost millions to turn around. Previous owner said he had lost money for years and had tried to "Give" the course to the city but the city wanted no part of that....another one bits the dust..

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

"Don't go!"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/07/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The fairways are like playing on dirt. The greens are diseased. Where there is grass on the fairways, it is very thick, but not much grass at all. They said they were re-doing the pro-shop to add pool tables, so not sure what you will do if you need something last minute. The restaurant staff was GREAT and so was the food; that alone might be worth going there, but NOT THE COURSE!! Hadn't played there is years, used to be nice.

"Horrible Course"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

By far the worst course I've ever played. The greens are destroyed. There are literally cracks on the greens. The fairways look like they haven't been watered in years. Some of the Tee boxes weren't even mowed. If you like hitting your clubs off hard dirt then this is the course for you. If you like sinking a great put and going to retrieve your ball from the cup with a soaking wet hand then this is the course for you. Sorry excuse for a golf course.

Course Layout: Poor

"The course is almost unplayable due to poor conditions."

asbrown1962's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

This course is almost unplayable. 90% of the fairway grass is dead or is dirt. Almost all greens have damage ranging from 25% to over 50% on them(either from lack of watering or disease).

"Horrible !!!"

Rcolyott's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2017

Looks like this course is closing. I have play this course several times in the past 10 years. It was an OK course but now it is unplayable. The greens are unplayable, with totally burned out patches, and what is not burned out has 3 or 4 different grasses growing and all different heights of growth. Better off chipping on the green if you want to make a putt. Hardly any grass on the fairways, and what grass they have is dead and brown. It's a total shame to have this course open for play in its current condition. I hope they get this back to playing conditions. Very sad .

u312023852's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2017

Great place for new golfer to practice, no time pressure. Unfortunately, many of holes were dirt,, so even a novice would play better on grass!

Response from Calimesa Country Club on 08/23/2017:

Hi u312023852, thanks for the review. We're sorry to hear the course conditions weren't up to par during your round. Thanks for giving us a shot!

"Use as a practice range"

larrysherer's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

It is clear they cannot afford water so whether we see this course open by next June is a good question...best that you can do with this course is consider hitting a bucket of range balls at different targets, and as far as putting...only about 5 of the greens can actually be called greens. Kukuya grass in growing in the middle of half of them....

Response from Calimesa Country Club on 08/23/2017:

Hi larrysherer, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry the course conditions weren't up to par during your round. We appreciate you giving us a shot. Thanks for playing!

"Run down"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2017

Price was good but the course wasn't very nice. Really run down . Ran out of carts and balls for the range. Fairways pretty much didn't even have grass on some holes. Try at your own risk

Response from Calimesa Country Club on 08/09/2017:

Hi u7847950, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're sorry your experience wasn't up to par during your round. Thanks for playing!

"Pretty Good Course! Great Value!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Calimesa Country Club was a great course to play on. This outing was my first 18-hole course. Some of the tees were positioned above the pin which made for an exciting hole. The ground was somewhat hard, which actually helped out a lot on my drive. Once the ball hits the hard ground, it's going to continue to bounce and roll maybe another 50+ yards. I definitely recommend this course to anyone who likes a moderately challenged course.

Response from Calimesa Country Club on 08/09/2017:

Thanks for the great review! Come back and see us again soon!

"Fun course open to the public"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/22/2017

This is the course closest to my house so I'm able to go on short notice occasionally. Usually find some great deals around lunch. Fun course, little dried out in some spots. Greens are fairly well cared for, fairways are below average. Nice trees and shade. Driving range is garbage

Response from Calimesa Country Club on 08/09/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We hope to see you again soon!

"Love the course layout. Fun yet challenging!"

cablemn's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I love this course! I consider it my home course even though I live in Yucaipa. The course layout is great!! It's really fun and imaginative. Greens are fair and never too slow or fast. But the fairways... they're begging for water! Lately I'll move my ball to one of the few grassy patches in the fairway as to not tear up my clubs. My wife won't play here again until they water more. It's a shame because after this last winter, after all the rain, the course conditions were fantastic, the best in years!! Water the fairways and greens more and you'll be back to 10+

Response from Calimesa Country Club on 07/21/2017:

Hi cablemn, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We apologize that the course conditions weren't up to par during your round. Our staff is currently working to improve them and we hope you consider giving us another shot in the future to see the improvements. Thanks for playing!

"ok course"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2017

The greens were fine, only issue was water in the holes. couldn't really put the ball as the holes were full of water. The fairways need a lot of help. It is like hitting off of a hard surface. The food at the club was really good and the staff friendly. You pay what you get.

Response from Calimesa Country Club on 07/06/2017:

Hi u870108432, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, particularly about our about our course conditions. Our staff is currently working to improve them and we appreciate your patience with this. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the food and your experience with our staff. We hope you give us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing!

"Golf course???"

Craig5799955's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2017

In need of serious maintenance. Only the greens had decent grass but they were in desparate need of mowing and rolling. Course not even good for a decent practice round, regardless of the inexpensive rate from GN. Not recommended unless you want to take out a first time golfer just so they can learn to hit a golf ball on other than a driving range.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Calimesa Country Club on 06/12/2017:

Hi Craig5799955, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your feedback and apologize that the course conditions were not up to par during your round. Our staff is currently working hard to improve the conditions for our golfers and we hope you give us another shot in the future.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2017

Response from Calimesa Country Club on 06/05/2017:

Thanks for the great review! We hope to see you again soon.

safari56's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2017

Trees were mature oak and pines, very nice, However, I should have been paid to play the course. The greens were over watered, soggy with almost every cup filled with water. The fairways were hard, dry, full of weeds and bare spots and in need of seeding . Sad, could be a nice course if properly managed.

Response from Calimesa Country Club on 06/05/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're sorry the course conditions weren't up to par during your round. We hope you give us another shot in the future.

"Poor conditions"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2017

Course is in poor condition. I golfed here 4 years ago and it had about 4 temporary greens at the time and was in bad shape but decided to give it another try and same thing hole 12 was completely closed and there were 2 other greens closed with no temporary greens set up. Fairways are in poor shape splotchy grass. Definitely won't be returning.

Response from Calimesa Golf Club on 05/11/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your round and appreciate your patience as our staff works on the conditions of our course. We hope you give us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing!

"1st 9 holes were rough."

eisjt's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

couldn't even play 4 of the first 9 holes due to shut down greens. on the other greens tons and tons of sand.

Response from Calimesa Country Club on 05/11/2017:

Thanks for leaving your feedback. We apologize that the course conditions weren't up to par during your round. We appreciate your patience as our staff works on the conditions of the course. Thanks for playing!

injulmius's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2017

Response from Calimesa Country Club on 05/11/2017:

Thanks for leaving us a review. We apologize that the course conditions weren't up to par during your round. We appreciate your patience as our staff continues to work on the conditions of the course. We hope you give us another shot in the future!

"Calimesa Golf Club"

MDHSTEP's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2017

The fairways were terrible, (brown patches etc) and the greens were saturated. You'd figure with all the rain that we have had here in southern California, that the fairways would be better kept.

Response from Calimesa Golf Club on 04/25/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We apologize the course conditions weren't up to par for your round. Our staff is currently working to improve the experience for our golfers. Thanks for playing and we hope you give us another shot in the future.