Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views locals   Challenges include bunkers water hazards elevation changes   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"What a great place."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/17/2017

The course was in excellent condition with the minor exception that the greens were rolling a bit slow and the grass in the cut rough was a bit long. I believe that both conditions were the result of this being the Summer and it can get quite hot in the Central Valley so the club needs to maintain the course in a manner that offers some protection against the heat. Overall, neither of these conditions of slow greens and taller rough made the day anything less than GREAT. What a beautiful course and all the staff were more than welcoming and friendly.

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 08/21/2017:

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course conditions met your expectations and that you enjoyed your round with us. We're also pleased that our staff was able to provide you with great customer service. We can't wait to have you back for another great day at Diablo Grande!

"Great Course"

JMusso's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017

Great very challenging course, #12 needs to be a par 6. The course is in great shape, even though these hot weeks. Really enjoy playing here

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed the challenge of our course as well as our conditions. We're glad that the heat hasn't kept you away and we look forward to having you back at Diablo Grande!

Ralph5288865's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2017

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Countrry Club on 08/08/2017:

Great! Glad you enjoyed your time at Diablo Grande!

"Central California's Best Course"

u920022028's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I played many of the courses in the Central Valley - Diablo Grande is by far the best. The design offers some interesting risk-reward choices, and lots of vertical changes makes things interesting. The setting is unique too - the course is nestled in a secluded valley in the foothills. Also, it's a little farther away from the city so you generally don't have to deal with the crowds you would see in the Bay Area or even in courses around Stockton/Sacramento.

Response from Diablo Grande Golf Club & Country Club on 08/15/2017:

Excellent! We are thrilled that you enjoyed the challenge our course presented as well as our location. We're honored that you consider us one of the best in the area and we look forward to having you back at Diablo Grande soon!

"True clean greens"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2017

Great pace of play course in great shape will be going back soon

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 07/26/2017:

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your round at Diablo Grande. We're pleased that you were able to play at a good pace and that our conditions met your expectations. Can't wait to have you back!

brad6275784's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 07/26/2017:

Excellent! Come back soon!

"Up for a challenge?"

Steve6150355's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

The Ranch at Diablo Grande proves to be a challenging course with multiple hazards both sand and water. The layout of the course is also challenging with tight fairways, elevated and undulated greens. The slope rating of the course is high due to its diffulty. If I could play this course regularly, I would!

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 07/26/2017:

Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout. We look forward to having you back again for your next round at Diablo!

hogdude67's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2017

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 08/03/2017:

Outstanding! Come back soon!

Jeremyj74's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2017

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 08/03/2017:

Wonderful! Glad you enjoyed your time at Diablo Grande!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Great course. Great price friendly staff and I had a great time. Would recommend for anyone who likes a challenge.

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 08/21/2017:

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and that you found us to be a good value. We're also pleased that our staff left a great impression on you. We look forward to having you back soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 05/22/2017:

Wonderful! Glad you enjoyed your experience at Diablo Grande!

"Challenging but fair"

stanf65's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2017

Played in a scramble on my first visit and left wanting to come back and play a round. Good choice. Really challenging target golf. If played correctly , able to score well. Tee shots make you choose a variety of clubs / distance to set up approach shots. FUN COURSE. Friendly staff. Returning today for another round.

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 05/02/2017:

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed your first experience with us at Diablo Grande. We're pleased that you enjoyed the challenge of our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We look forward to seeing more of you in the future!

rwenneka13's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 04/26/2017:

Awesome! Come back soon!

Jose2807274's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2017

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 04/21/2017:

Outstanding! Glad you enjoyed your experience at Diablo Grande!

"Dont play on a weekend"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017

I have played Diablo Grande many times but I have not played on a weekend in a long time. It took 3 hours to play the front nine. We left at the turn. The Ranch is a great track but I will never play on a weekend again. No starter, no marshall, horrible pace of play. Had we finished it would have been a 6 hour round guaranteed.

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 04/21/2017:

Thanks for your review! We apologize that the pace of play was slow during your round. We understand that pace is extremely important to the game and we strive to keep everyone at a good speed. We will make sure to use your review to help us improve moving forward. We hope to see you back again soon!

u1945125's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2017

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 04/21/2017:

Fantastic! Come back soon!

"Still one of the best kept secrets in NorCal"

jbost1973's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/23/2017

Took of to Diablo Grande after landing a heck of a deal on GolfNow.com for a $12.00 round (unheard of!) with my father who was visiting from out of state. Got to the course to learn that the greens had been recently aerated. This is part of keeping a the course looking great, so I never fret too much about it.

Got out on the course, and the fairways and rough were immaculate. Given the recent rain, I expected the course to be soaked. I was amazed at how well the course had taken the recent rains. This was easily the greenest I've ever seen the course.

The track, the care of the course, are top-notch. I cannot recommend the course enough.

My only negatives were that we were told there were range balls already at the range, and that they were included in the price, but once we drove up to the range, there were no golf balls. No worries. We headed off to the first tee, and didn't look back. And, finally, the traps were a mess. I tried to play out of a couple of them. They either had standing water or were hard as a rock. I understand the challenge that heavy rain poses for sand traps but I will continue to contend that a course that has traps also has to be prepared to drag and rake them when inclement weather hits. Otherwise, get rid of the traps.

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 04/21/2017:

Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed your experience at Diablo Grande. We're thrilled that you got a great rate and that you found our course in good conditions despite our recent course maintenance. We apologize for the miscommunication with the range balls. We will make sure to address this matter. We also appreciate your feedback on our sand traps. We hope to have you back soon!

"Central valley's paradise"

Jeff1840859's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/12/2017

This was one of the unknown for me since it's my first time playing in this course. I was a little reluctant playing by myself due to my questionable skills for golf also. I went booked my tee time the day before and I was not disappointed from GN. When I went to the first tee I was happy to see how manicured this golf course was. I had to play at the gold tee because my ego told me to not to tee off where the kids do.(bwahahaha). And because I shanked the first two mulligans .as I moved a long the course got harder and challenging. Next time I will remember to bring more balls. Every hole to eighteen fairways, bunkers, putting greens were beautiful. I don't know what else to say!!! But anybody who loves golf come play this course you won't be disappointed.

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 04/21/2017:

Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your first time with us. We're pleased that you got a great rate and that your enjoyed the challenge of our course. We're also glad that our course conditions met you expectations. We hope to have you back again soon!

"Great course"

endlsumer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/12/2017

Course is great but pace of plat was horrible! No Marshall out there and it took 5.5 hours early to play. Group in front of us held up the entire course

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country CLub on 04/21/2017:

Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed our course but we apologize for the pace of play. We understand how important pace is to the game and we strive to keep everyone at a good speed. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to have you back soon!

"Best course for the money I have ever played."

WHusmann's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2017

I have played this course many times now and I have brought a few friends out as well and to a man they all became hooked on it just like I have. I don't know what it is like out there on weekends, because I am fortunate enough to be able to play weekdays, but this course is fantastic. The weather is generally warmer than in the Bay area which is a plus this time of year. This course also was well maintained even during the drought because the community there made a bold decision when rationing was put in place. There used to be 2 courses, and because they needed to reduce water consumption and the golf courses were taking the vast majority of the water in the community, they decided to just let one of the courses go and save only one. This effectively cut their water use by about 38% in one fell swoop and that meant they could continue to properly maintain the remaining course with only minor water cut backs if any. The course itself is well laid out with several water holes and above average total length. on any weekday other than Friday you can play virtually straight through because almost no one will be on it. I have paid anywhere from $25 to $55 to play, but the $55 was for unlimited golfing and I played 2 full rounds that day. The greens are fast and exceptionally well maintained. There is still a lot of water puddling up from all the rain we have had on a few holes but it should be back to normal soon. There is occasional wildlife to see and I don't recommend going after lost balls in the brush areas. But the overall condition of this course is unparalleled in a public course in this state that I have played, and yet it is so inexpensive. If you haven't tried it yet you should, although it is out of the way, it is definitely worth the trip. If you honestly do not like it you can leave a message in the reviews and I will work out some way to repay you for your lost green fees. As for myself, tomorrow is another Friday and it is going to rain next week so I am headed out to Diablo Grande in less than 8 hours to play all day on another unlimited golf deal. You just can't beat the value this course provides.

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 04/21/2017:

Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your round at Diablo Grande. We're humbled that you you and your friends think so highly of our course and we're pleased that you enjoyed our course conditions. We appreciate all of your kind words and feedback and we look forward to having you back more in the future!