Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views locals   Challenges include bunkers water hazards elevation changes   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"The course is challenging and in great condition."

Jerryrivas's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/18/2017

The price of playing this course was excellent. I was greeted with great customer service when I arrived. No problem getting on course and pace of play was enjoyable. I will recommend this course to all my golfing friends.

"Overly Accomodated"

talcott's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/09/2017

I don't think that's a word by Tommy in the Pro Shop has consistently been over the top nice and friendly. This trip included me leaving my wallet at home and that was quickly rectified with a phone call and a credit card number. Tommy seemed genuinely interested in helping make sure I was able to play. Because it was Monday (Columbus Day for my school) he gave me options to join the 2 twosomes ahead of me or to play by myself. The reason I come back is #12. I hate #12. I am going to par #12. This time resulted in hitting my drive too well (are you kidding me) and just coming up short in the rough downhill before the gully. Another double bogey, thanks #12. If you want a challenge, at a good price with good conditions, Diablo Grande is worth the drive. Next time I'm taking Tommy out with me to #12 so that I can have him cut the big oak tree (or should I call it ball eater) and I'm going to get that par.

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 10/12/2017:

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us at Diablo Grande. We're glad that Tommy has left such a great impression on you. We're pleased that you enjoyed the challenge of hole #12. We can't wait to have you back so you can finally par it. We'll make sure Tommy is on standby to chop the tree down for you! ;)

"Excellent Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/08/2017

Now this was an awesome place to come and play some golf. After checking in with the awesome front staff he gave me my cart keys and told me if I wanted to warm up and hit some balls that it was complimentary. Free range balls before a round of golf, that's awesome. The course was in amazing shape the greens were fast Fairways and surrounding very well-manicured. Even the bunkers were Immaculate and believe me I saw quite a few. The refreshment card came around quite often only drawback was I'm laying off the meat so wish they would have some vegetarian alternatives to offer. This place was beautiful and I really mean that it's a little off the beaten path but well worth the drive considering I paid $14 for a day like this cart included. It was a 9:40am tee time. 4 people in the Stanislaus County and surrounding area this is a Hidden Gem I highly recommend it. There is also a Starbucks bonus bonus bonus.

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 10/11/2017:

Excellent! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us. We're pleased that our staff left a great impression on you and that you enjoyed our course conditions. We appreciate your feedback on our cart menu and will definitely use your review to improve this. We're glad that you consider us a great value and we hope to have you back again soon!

"Awesome."

EricTHEmidget's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/01/2017

25 bucks, empty course, great course conditions, beautiful surroundings. At some point this place has to catch on. It baffles me that such a spectacular course is often pretty empty...and cheap! If you're in northern CA, this is a must see. Its well worth the drive. Some of the tee boxes need the divots filled and the sand in the bunkers is closer to a light grain dirt. I'm guessing the wind would blow fluffy sand away. Those are my only complaints. 3rd time playing and will be back again.

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 10/04/2017:

Fantastic! we're thrilled that you enjoyed our course conditions and that you found us to be a good value. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you back again soon at Diablo Grande!

"Great day at Diablo Grande"

stangustafson's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/29/2017

Having not played Diablo in quite a while I was very pleasantly surprised. Course was in great shape. Greens were true and not to fast. Play was a little slow but not unbearable. All in all, a very nice day and a very nice round.

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 10/02/2017:

Wonderful! We're glad that you finally made it back out to our course and that you were pleasantly surprised. We're pleased that you enjoyed our course conditions as well as your round. We hope to have you back again soon!

"Course condition"

Chad4897416's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2017

The course was in great condition. A recommended play for anyone who wants a challenge!

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 10/02/2017:

Excellent! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course conditions as well as the challenge of our layout. We can't wait to have you back again soon at Diablo Grande!

jeremyruiz21's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2017

While my golf left something to be desired this round, the golf course did not. Great conditions, greens were in good shape, overall good day on this course as usual.

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 09/28/2017:

Terrific! We're thrilled that our course conditions met your expectations. We can't wait to have you back again for another good day at Diablo Grande!

jerald7e's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2017

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 09/25/2017:

Thanks for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed your round with us and we appreciate your feedback on our rates. We hope to have you back again soon!

Doug8650034's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/19/2017

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 09/25/2017:

Great! Glad you enjoyed your experience with us at Diablo Grande!

"Grande!"

brovarnm's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2017
First time playing Walked Perfect weather

For most of the bay area, this is a bit of a haul to get to. I'm no exception. Wanted to see what all the fuss was about so I made the journey from the San Mateo coastside early in the morning and it took me a little over 2 hrs.

Got an unbelievable aeration deal thru TeeOff. And to be quite honest, I didn't realize they had aerated until the 4th green!

This is a really fun course and I wish I wasn't so far away or I would make regular trips for it. Great open surroundings with fun challenges - carryovers ponds and small streams. Elevated tee boxes with some wide open fairways and some narrow thrown in to keep you on your toes. For me I really started enjoying myself around 7. This is when you get sight of the ponds and some teebox elevations. I recommend this course wholeheartedly especially if you don't have too far to travel to get to it.

The proshop personnel were very nice and professional. The "afterstaff" in the restaurant were great and I finished my round in exactly 3hrs on a Monday morning. They have a moose deal going right now, so take advantage if you can.

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 09/21/2017:

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your first experience at Diablo Grande. We're pleased that you enjoyed our course conditions despite our recent aerification. We're also glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our course and our staff. We appreciate you making the far drive and we hope to have you back again soon!

"Terrific Value, worth the drive."

EricTHEmidget's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/08/2017

Spectacular views and course layout. Slow greens, but playable. Course is a hidden gem and worth the drive. No food at the turn so bring lunch. Well maintained beauty of a course.

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 09/14/2017:

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our layout as well as our views. We're also pleased that you found us to be a great value and a hidden gem. Can't wait to have you back soon!

Commented on 09/17/2017

I'll be back and I'm spreading the word about you guys!

"Diablo Grande"

JMusso's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/08/2017

Love this course, Great conditions, very challaging

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 09/14/2017:

Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course conditions and the challenge it presented. We look forward to having you back again soon!

"Best course in the central valley"

Dave9141968's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/08/2017

Absolutely love this course. I have been a regular for the last 15+ years. Course is in excellent condition and up until recently the staff in the pro shop has always been great and customer friendly. Got to the course 50 minutes before my tee time and wanted to warm up on the range and putting green. Guy in clubhouse refused to give me a golf cart. Said no carts until 30 minutes before my tee time. I was told if I wanted to warm up I could carry my clubs UP to the driving range then walk AROUND the clubhouse to the putting green. Went back to my car waited for my partner to get there. Paid him for my green fee and left without playing. I will be back but this is a ridiculous policy!!

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 09/14/2017:

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course condition but we apologize that our staff did not provide you with the customer service we strive to provide all of our guests. We appreciate your feedback and will use your review to help us improve moving forward. Thank you again and we hope to have you back at Diablo Grande!

"Diablo Grande is grand!"

jhabermehl1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017

My favorite course, still. Great layout, course condition, and challenging shots on approaches to greens. Beautiful venue. But no refreshments at the turn, vending not working. Staff of one that day, for pro shop and cart barn. Bring your own snack and have a great round

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 09/08/2017:

Great! We're pleased that you enjoyed our layout as well as our course conditions. We're honored that we are your favorite course and we can't wait to have you back again soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 09/14/2017:

Excellent! Glad you enjoyed your time with us!

"Hidden Gem"

Provenuts's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2017

It's a little far to get to but once you're there it's a wonderful oasis great staff course is in Tip-Top shape value for the buck is beyond belief food served is top quality and the service is very friendly and professional. Only complaint is I didn't have ice in my cooler and the water jugs on the course didn't have ice either.

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 08/28/2017:

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course conditions and that our staff left a great impression on you.We're pleased that you found us to be a good value and that you enjoyed our menu. We can't wait to have you back for your next round at Diablo Grande!

"Still one of my favorites"

Leon5719247's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2017

Had not been down to Diablo in over a year. It is still one of my favorites in Central Valley. Course was in good condition, and actually surprisingly green for this time of year, and the heat we have had. Looks like facility overall has had a bit of a face lift, and everything looks more updated. Only complaint, and it is probably heat related, is the greens. The greens were very slow, which made scoring on and around the greens difficult. Definitely continue to play at Diablo Grande in the future.

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 08/28/2017:

Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed our course conditions as well as the rest of our facility. We're pleased that we are still one of your favorites and we look forward to having you back again soon in the future!

"What a great place."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/17/2017

The course was in excellent condition with the minor exception that the greens were rolling a bit slow and the grass in the cut rough was a bit long. I believe that both conditions were the result of this being the Summer and it can get quite hot in the Central Valley so the club needs to maintain the course in a manner that offers some protection against the heat. Overall, neither of these conditions of slow greens and taller rough made the day anything less than GREAT. What a beautiful course and all the staff were more than welcoming and friendly.

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 08/21/2017:

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course conditions met your expectations and that you enjoyed your round with us. We're also pleased that our staff was able to provide you with great customer service. We can't wait to have you back for another great day at Diablo Grande!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 08/25/2017:

Great! Glad you enjoyed your time with us!

"Great Course"

JMusso's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017

Great very challenging course, #12 needs to be a par 6. The course is in great shape, even though these hot weeks. Really enjoy playing here

Response from Diablo Grande Golf & Country Club on 08/11/2017:

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed the challenge of our course as well as our conditions. We're glad that the heat hasn't kept you away and we look forward to having you back at Diablo Grande!