South/North at Morgan Run Resort & Club

Year built: 1968
Architect(s): Jay Morrish
Type: Resort

Caddies: No

Dress code: Collared golf shirt tucked into slacks or shorts, hat bill must face forward, appropriate attire for women
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

"Good ClubCorp Option, Absolutely PERFECT greens"

mr79golf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2017

Played South/North. Good experience in clubhouse with check in and bar (good lunch food). Got behind 2 REALLY slow groups on front (never offered to let us play through even though they were on 2.5 hr PLUS pace for front nine). So we skipped them and were pretty open after that. Tees, fairways and greens all in EXCELLENT condition. Greens were just tremendous! South nine was a lot more of a challenge than back, but both are good and fun. Really liked the back (North). Some gorgeous holes and views. Overall, a fun day and a course I'll play again when in the area.

"Fun Run"

ParReza's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2017
First time playing Walked Perfect weather

This course is reminds me a lot of the courses I encounter in Florida. Very flat, good bunker complexes around the large well maintained greens and conveniently placed water and environmental hazards.

I got out early morning on a weekday and beat the staff to the course as I was staying at the dated resort attached to the course.

Starter was very friendly and informed me of the pace of play and what to expect with the layout. I walked up and they sent me out 2nd off the tee behind a member. The layout is rather flat but very nice views of the houses and ranches around along with hills and nature. Course conditions were immaculate to be honest, they had a great practice area with two large practice greens and two large chipping areas. I can see myself staying here and just practicing my short game for fun...except the rooms are extremely dated in the hotel.

The pace is expected at 2 hrs a 9 and when I finished the East in 1:40 the starter informed me that I would have to wait 20 minutes before I could tee off on the South because it wasn't open yet.

I ran into my room and kissed my family hello, grabbed a granola bar and ran out....after reminding myself I wasn't in 1975, I was back on the tee and loved the South way better than the East. The South layout was MUCH longer and more difficult than East which was short with wide fairways. The wind definitely plays much more into your round on the South too. Overall it was a beautiful course well maintained, not the most challenging or elevation changes as you would expect in SoCal, but overall a great experience and would make for a fun time if you did an outing with friends here.

"Played in the Mist"

RMCommish's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2015
First time playing Played as a single Walked Played 18 holes Fair weather

Weather conditions were not great. I walked the 18 holes and found it to be a pleasurable course none-the-less. Pace of play - a little over 3 hours walking. It is part of ClubCorp facilities, and I played as part of ClubCorp One deal. Course was in good shape, despite the somewhat wet conditions. Greens were excellent, a little fast and held shots well. Shot 78, so the course is very playable.