LPGA International - Hills Course

GPS: Yes

Practice bunker: Yes

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city near the airport   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views playing multiple courses   Challenges include forced carries bunkers water hazards   Great for drinks dinner brunch

"Excellent course and staff."

jfeng83's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

First time playing at this course. The staff couldn't have been more friendly from bag drop, to pro shop, to starter. Course was challenging. It was in fantastic shape. The greens were rolling true and fast. The rough was extremely tough as almost every ball in the rough would sink down. Made it a challenge. Would definitely recommend to any friend or family!

"Good course, good value"

Greg4620599's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2017

Course in good condition. Staff friendly and helpful. Hills course much more scenic than jones course.

"Hands down BEST course at Volusia County and beyond."

337divad's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

The Hills course was in great condition as usual. Greens were rolling true. Great staff and clubhouse. My favorite course in Volusia County.

yamaguchi's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2017

"A MUST"

muniscrub's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2017

Without a doubt this is a must play.I git this course for $25-A STEAL.The greens and fairways are just great.Right now the Jones course greens are being redone,so the Hills course is the course you play,which is fine with me.This course is on the other side of the property with fewer houses and more open spaces.To me it is by far the better of the two with you staying on that side and never coming back to the clubhouse until you're done.There is a halfway house but it might not be open in the summer season,but there is cart service.Play this course,not overly hard if you pick the correct tees.

"Fun and challenging course in great condition"

RettJ's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/31/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

This was my first time playing the course. I would play the course again in a heartbeat. I thought the course was a lot of fun with a great layout. I like how there are pictures of each hole at the tee box because having never played the course, it let me know where the danger and hazards were. The greens were smooth and fast with very few non-repaired ball marks. I thought the greens were fantastic and quite fast. The worst part about the greens is that they are sooooo small. Even when I hit on the green, the ball many times rolled off because of the smallness of the greens. The rough was VERY thick and long. I lost a couple balls in the rough simply because it was so thick that the ball would sink down and unless you were right on the ball, it was darn near impossible to find. I don't mind that because the rough should be tough and challenging. The bunkers were well maintained and manicured. The course was a great value since I got a GolfNow deal for $35 dollars. Great course for very inexpensive. If you have the chance, definitely play the course.

Jack5539630's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2017

"Great Course"

dkiechle's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Course was in excellent condition; enjoyed playing with a couple from Germany.

Response from LPGA International Management on 08/28/2017:

Your 5 star review is much appreciated. We're happy to hear you were paired with a good group and enjoyed your day with us.

"Better than the Jones"

gulfstar50's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

The Hills is diverse, difficult if you are not a long hitter. Although the red t's are well forward on many holes it is almost impossible to have GIR for a average hitter. Long hitters have more problems because it becomes more of a target layout. We played CPO which makes a very long and tiring day.

Response from LPGA International Management on 08/28/2017:

Thank you for golfing with us! The course can play quite long, but it sounds like you were up for the challenge.

tucanchris's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2017

Response from LPGA International Management on 08/28/2017:

Your 5-star review is greatly appreciated by our staff. See you soon

Timothy3782167's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017

Response from LPGA International Management on 08/28/2017:

Thank you for the 5-star review!

"What a Golf Facility Should be!!"

duffer6275's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I was looking for a place to play for my rare day off during the week and saw LPGA-The Hills Course on golf now for just 25$ - typically with my budget I dont get to play courses of this quality very often so this was a no-brainer. I arrived for my 7:21 tee time at 6:55 - was greeted by a very ncie young man who came to the car, took my bag and asked me if I had been here before - I replied with a no, and he proceeded to explain where to go what to do and advised me about the proshop, the 9th hole snack bar and that there would be a beverage cart (on a Monday at 7am) - I went inside the proshop and the young man at the counter was fabulous, again welcomed me to the course and explained the layout and how to get to the first tee. Went back out and claimed my cart from another gentleman, who made sure I knew where to go and wished me a good round. I followed the path down and around to the first tee, where i was greeted yet again by another fine gentleman, who told me I would be paired up with a 3-some, explained where the restrooms were on the course and when the 3-some arrived, introduced us to each and we were off. I typically shoot 85-95, so I am not a great golfer but the 3-some consisted of a brand new player, a gent with 20 year old clubs *hadn't played in over a year) and a sweet swingin lefty who also had not played in a while. I did not mind a bit.....they were a fun group. I did suggest a few times that we allow the players behind to play through, and did have to remind them about cart paths and nearness to the greens but all in all it was fine. At the 12th hole they got a phone call and had to leave, wished me well and I was now alone - since I was in no hurry, I took my time and lo and behold shot an 85....the course is fabulous, it is challenging but fair. Thank goodness for my Golf Buddy GPS and for my Game Golf app - I was able to plot my way around and make some smarter plays. WIth not feeling as though I had to compete with bigger hitters, I was much more accurate and scored much better than I expected. I would happily pay more than I did to play here again and am looking forward to trying the other course once the Greens come in (they are doing a full replacement, so only the Hills course is open)

Response from LPGA International Management on 08/28/2017:

We enjoyed reading your 5-star review! It sounds like customer service was excellent from you car all the way to the first tee. That's what we like to hear. Additionally, a good day of golf is always better with a fun group. We look forward to seeing you again!

"Rough is crazy"

Deb3525690's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2017

It had been a while since I played this course. Years. Earlier when I first started golf. Now I remember. The rough is crazy tough to find a ball or hit a ball out if it. Even around the green.

Not my favorite for fun. But it is challenging. I fell like it's a little to desolate for me. I enjoy Jones course better.

The ranger did make his way around a bit. That was nice to check in things.

Response from LPGA International Management on 08/28/2017:

Thank you for golfing with us! We're happy to hear you decided to come back and give us a try. See you soon!

"LPGA Hills Review"

bushnell32's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2017

Dave the Starter at course was the highlight of the day. He was cordial, informative and caring. He had three statements: Enjoy the course, take care of the course and thirdly, remember the first two.

The course fee was acceptable since the course condition was not as good. Bumby greens, bumpy fairways with no roll. Course layout is good, yet the traps needed attention due to daily rainy conditions.

Response from LPGA International Management on 08/28/2017:

We're sorry to hear you were not able to recommend the course at this time. Your feedback on course conditions is greatly appreciated.

"Beautiful course great value"

u323198302's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2017

Staff is friendly and helpful, course is in great shape. Price is reasonable for this quality. Really enjoyed this game over the Memorial Day weekend. Will definitely play here again

"Play it if you can."

Raydon23's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2017

If you get the chance to play the Hills Course at LPGA do it. Great layout and very challenging. The Jones Course is beautiful also but you have a little more room. The Hills Course takes a little more strategy. The Course was in great shape and very secluded. Very nice practice facility as well.

Response from LPGA International Golf Club on 05/22/2017:

Thank you Raydon23 for your review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and we hope to see you back again very soon!

"Great course"

Michael3245709's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2017

We were very impressed from the beginning to the end. The staff were extremely friendly and the course was in fantastic condition. Don't pay attention to any other reviews that say otherwise, they don't know what they're talking about.

Response from LPGA International Golf Club on 05/22/2017:

Thank you Michael for your 5-star review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and we are so happy our staff took such good care of you. We hope to see you back again very soon!

"Slow Pace of PLAY !!!!"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2017

Played the course May 10th & 11th both days after 1pm .First day our foursome played in 3 1/2 hours marshals were on the course & refreshment house open @ the turn . Great golf day decided to play again the next day. No starter , no marshals , refreshment house closed @ the turn although the cart girl was on duty . Course was in good shape & a pleasure to play . Playing time 5 hrs & 20 minutes -wait on every shot----NOT ACCEPTABLE--no wonder so many golfers quit golf !!

Response from LPGA International Golf Club on 06/06/2017:

Thank you so much for the review and feedback. We apologize for the pace of play as we are always trying to accommodate all of our guests, but it can be quite challenging sometimes. We hope you will come back and see us again, this time for a much faster round out there.

"Hils vs Jones"

jazzbo22's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

No great shakes. Typical Hills design; a few forced carries; one 140 yards from senior tee. Overall a friendly course. Can run up most greens. Number 18 hole unfair unless you can drive 200+ yards. If you have to choose between the 2 courses, go with Hills.

Response from LPGA International Golf Club on 05/16/2017:

Thank you jazzbo22 for your review and feedback. We see you were able to get a look at LPGA-Hills and we are pleased to see you enjoyed yourself. Please let us know if you ever need anything while you are here and come back and see us again very soon!

"Great course"

star10310's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2017

Great course, I would definitely play here again. Greens were great tee boxes were good overall course was in good condition.

Response from LPGA International Golf Club on 05/16/2017:

Thank you star for your 4-star review and feedback of the golf course. We love hearing you had a good time on the course and we hope to see you back again very soon!