Bonaventure Golf Club

3.7719000000 3.8 stars from 5 (237)

• 200 Bonaventure Blvd, Weston, Florida 33326, Broward County
  • www.golfbonaventure.com

Year built: 1970
Architect(s): Joe Lee (1970), Greenway Golf (2012)
Type: Resort

GPS: Yes

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Bonaventure Golf Academy"

Dress code: Casual
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover, Amex Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city   Great for advanced golfers locals   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/13/2018

MannyA1110's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/13/2018

"Just too long to play, almost five hour, waiting five at ten minute each hole"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/11/2018

Beautiful course, but today was very slow to play. Very hard keeping the focus on the game

"Not for faint of heart"

msuman's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/11/2018

Water,water, everywhere. Great layout, but course is in need of some tlc.

I will go back, though!

"Value for money"

Seeta's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/10/2018

It is somewhat intimidating for a senior single female avid golfer to approach a golf course looking for a game and although tee times made were not adhered to the staff especially John Mike and andrew made me welcome and comfortable on the four days that I played

The only negative to my experience was finding a crack on my windshield on car left in parking lot

And yes the course is showing signs of hurricane damage but we should show some patience and rely on the fact that the staff cannot wave a magic wand to fix it all at one time!!

Thanks guys for a great time st your course!

"A Rundown and Neglected Golf Course in need of some TLC!"

wingsvsavs's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/08/2018

I have played this course many of times over the years as I live close by. However, I have never seen it in this poor of condition! Tee Boxes are in ok condition, Fairways are quite dry and need of watering, not a huge difference between fairways and the rough.. sand traps are not swept out daily or even probably weekly. Footprints through all of them as well as erosion as not well maintained. This course once had plenty of flowers, wood chips and a better ambiance then today. Hurricane debris still throughout golf course in January? It just looked so depressed and worn out. Hard to find yard markers on the course. I thought in the past they had them on sprinkler heads. I even thought at one point golf carts had GPS? NOT TODAY! With the only marking on cart path for 200 (Blue Dot), 150 White Dot, 100-Red Dot, I need my iphone golf app on to help. Greens are in fair condition, many dry spots and wish they absorb more on approach shots.

Not really sure where all the money went after the sale of the other 18 hole golf course that was once part of Bonaventure. It sure has not been reinvested into this golf course. Completely disappointed that the golf course owners sold it and now the community has tacky looking homes are built on them.

Liliane1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/08/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Jesus7536652's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/08/2018

Response from @BonaventureGC on 01/10/2018:

Hello, Jesus. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. We see you rated the course conditions, value and off-course amenities to all be less than ideal. You are welcome to comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to communicate how we can improve in these aspects before your next visit. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Bonaventure Golf Club.

"Once was grand and now just run down and in poor shape."

HurricaneGrant's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/07/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

A course that the maintenance department gave up on. Weeds, bald spots, poor tee conditions and lots of hurricane trees down some four months past the event. Was once one of the best courses in the region. Now looks forgotten and exploited. Ranking with the other local courses that are money grabs. Killian Greens, Heron Bay, Orangebrook, Flamingo Lakes, Cost del Sol are only worse in the area. Not again my friend.....

Response from @BonaventureGC on 01/11/2018:

Hi, Grant. As your username mentions, Hurricanes in Florida have hit golf courses hard. While we are working to get everything back to par, the state is recovering as well. We wish all it took was calling someone to get out to the course and clear all of the trees, but that is easier said than done. With the recent storms, arborists are spread thin and working on government work before recreation. We pride ourselves on the history and excellent our course has delivered over the years. While the current condition is by no means our standard, we hope you can understand that recovery takes time and we are trying. Ideally, you can give us another chance once everything is back to normal. Thanks for the review.

"SLOOOOOW"

nyckid72's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/06/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

5+ hour round. I like the layout of the course. The course was in great shape.

Response from @BonaventureGC on 01/11/2018:

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and value to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Bonaventure Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

"Great course but slow play"

BirdyGolfer23's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/06/2018

My husband & I love this course when the price is right, and although we realize this is weekend golf, we thought the pace was extremely slow. We didn’t see a ranger for a good part of the round, and at times, there were three groups backed up on the tee. The layout is challenging and we enjoy playing here, however, we won’t be back on a weekend.

Response from @BonaventureGC on 01/10/2018:

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and layout to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Bonaventure Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

"Fun course"

bobothecat's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/01/2018

Challenging, but fair course. Enjoyed the variety of holes. Water might intimidate some.

Response from @BonaventureGC on 01/04/2018:

We appreciate the 4-star review. Your feedback will be used to notify our team so they can continue to provide an enjoyable experience but also make changes to hopefully earn 5-stars next time. Thanks for playing with us!

"Needs help"

schneider1976's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/01/2018

Course has good lay out with dog legs and water. Condition of the course was below par. A shame could be an awsome track.

Response from @BonaventureGC on 01/04/2018:

Hello, Mr.Schneider. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your round with us. Your feedback about the course condition is important to us. We are interested in learning what aspects, in particular, did not meet your expectations. Feel free to reach out to our team or reply to this review so we can isolate what areas need extra attention from our team. Thanks for playing with us!

uPXXQ6071PX's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/01/2018

Response from @BonaventureGC on 01/04/2018:

5-star feedback is great! Our team works hard to provide a seamless experience so that you can focus on your game. It is great to hear you enjoyed your visit. Come back again soon!

Keith711's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/31/2017

Response from @BonaventureGC on 01/04/2018:

4-star reviews are great to see and we are glad you enjoyed your time with us. We will work to continue to provide a memorable experience. Thanks for playing Bonaventure Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon!

"NICE LAYOUT BUT NEEDS TLC"

rwinter1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/31/2017

Overall nice hole layouts but needs some maintenance to get to the next level.

Only played 9 holes because it was very slow.

Response from @BonaventureGC on 01/02/2018:

Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed the staff and layout during your game. These are all things we work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Your comments about our pace of play and maintenance are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Bonaventure Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

"So so"

ted8416717's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/30/2017

Course conditions are pretty good for the rate. Greens were rolling quite fast which was a surprise. Fairways are patchy , same as tee boxes. Sand traps were the worst. Looks like they don't ever rakethem which led to some terrible lies. The layout is really challenging though which I liked. For a hot deal rate it was a good value.

Response from @BonaventureGC on 01/04/2018:

Hello, Ted. Thanks for reviewing the course. We appreciate your providing honest feedback about our tee boxes and sand traps. We will use this to notify the team to spend extra time recovering these so that we are up to par before your next game. See you next time!

"Slowest Round Ever!"

jacobgoldberg1's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/28/2017

Walked Off course after nine holes when 2 hours and 30 minutes hit. Not overly busy for a 11:45 am tee time but no management system at all to hold players to 4/4.5 hour round. I stopped by 18 tee box to see what time that group tees off and they were off at 9 am, it was 2:30!!! Yes 5.5 hour round. It is a shame because it is a fun layout.

Response from @BonaventureGC on 01/02/2018:

Hello, Jacob. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course layouts to be enjoyable during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Bonaventure Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

"Drop your handicap by 5 strokes!"

drsedlack's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/28/2017

If you can score low on this challenging executive course your long scores should improve significantly. I love playing these open par 3s and difficult par 4s to improve my overall game.

Response from @BonaventureGC on 01/02/2018:

Hello, Dr. Sedlack. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We are also glad to hear our course is able to provide you with a challenge that is improving your game. Thanks for playing Bonaventure Golf Club.

Joseph8373386's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/22/2017

Response from @BonaventureGC on 12/26/2017:

Thank you so much for the spectacular review. 4-star feedback is great to see. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon.