Trilogy Golf Club at Vistancia

Caddies: No
GPS: No

Walking allowed: No
Dress code: Collared shirt required, no denim
Credit cards accepted: Major credit cards are accepted.

Tournament 72 7291 yards 73.6 135
Verde (W) 72 6132 yards 75.2 137
Forward 72 5573 yards 66.6 113
FOrward (W) 72 5461 yards 71.9 127
Tee It Forward 72 4136 yards 0.0 0

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for advanced golfers locals a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers forced carries undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining dinner

"Golfnow value"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The course was in good shape even though it was August. There were some fairway bare spots but not that it affected play. The course played longer than the yardage because of the wet fairways due to watering. The greens were not quick (not slow either) but the humidity was up and there is not a lot the greens keeper can do about that. The pins were set tough so that helped the challenge. This is a course that in the past just hasn't fit my eye, but playing it twice in one week has given me a better feel for it. I will play it again.

"One of the better Arizona summer courses."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Can't say enough good things about Trilogy. Arizona courses in the summer can really get ragged but not Trilogy. Everything was well manicured and green. The staff was extremely friendly and the cart girl made it around to us 4 times during our 18 holes. We played on a Monday morning and never saw anyone in front of us or behind us. All 4 of us played pretty good for a course this difficult. Lots of desert and water and sand to make this challenging for every golfer. Oh and did I mention they had dollar beers. Who does that? Do yourself a favor and make the drive to play Trilogy, you won't regret it.

"Excellent Course"

Kfritch1988's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/10/2017

Reading previous reviews from earlier this summer had me cautious in teeing them up at Trilogy as I had never been here before and it's quite the distance away from my house. The people who left reviews about the course conditions being terrible HAD TO have been snowbirds. The course was in amazing shape and I was blown away that I was able to play it for only 20 dollars. The greens are nice and fast but fair and they hold balls very well. Although my score wasn't as nice as the course, I will caution that this is not a good course for beginners. It is a very target oriented course and there are many hazards. If you're a 15+ handicapper like myself, be sure to bring 12+ balls because the desert on each side of the fairways is hungry! I will definitely be returning to this course once I polish up my game!

"pleasant surprise"

mikeaz518's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/09/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

after several reviews of poor conditions, i can say i was very pleasantly surprised. i have been here before and enjoy the layout, but the course for early in august was in good shape. some bare spots here and there but its august in AZ. i will of course be back

"Excellent Shape"

artsdeal's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017

The course was in excellent shape an pace of play was great. NOTE there are many tee boxes. As a 14 I played the white as suggested on the score card. Problem is the extra yards are on the par four and made for a long second shot. Will play the combination the next time. Thoroughly enjoyed the layout and course conditions. Also the food and customer service was excellent.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2017

"POOR CONDITIONS"

golfnutt62's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I would call this my Home Local course since I live minutes from the course. The Bermuda grass has not come in for another year which is rather disappointing. Nearly every fairway has bare areas of exposed dirt. The truth is that you will need to take a drop in order to hit from grass in almost any situation if you hit the ball in the fairway. This is extremely sad for a course that advertises itself to be a 5 star golf facility. This is so far from the truth and the conditions are embarrassing if you ask me.

My recommendation is they should close the course for 3 months like another course in the area did last year so they can over seed the Bermuda. They reality is that the grass is not going to grow in which is what they have said for 2 of the last 3+ years. Look I live minutes from the course and will no longer waste my money here when the course is in this kind of condition.

Look the staff is friendly as always however I feel bad for them to have to make excuses for the conditions. I also feel sorry for the Trilogy members that make this their home course even though I hear some have been playing elsewhere because of the conditions.

So please I beg the operators to close the course and do what is necessary to bring this course back into the kind of conditions that is warranted of the 5 star rating. They do the golfers as dis-service by booking tee times and taking the money of golfers who make a reservation expecting to play a course in good condition.

And please do not say it did not transition well. Seems other courses have figured it out. Thanks

"Terrible conditions"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2017

The course was in deplorable shape. The fairways were like playing on dirt.worse conditions I have seen in ten years.

Hi @u000002398019

we're sorry you didn't enjoy your experience. Good news is bermuda grass has been spotted, repeat, it has been spotted! Phew! Our energies have been focused on rectifying the conditions, and that shy little grass is finally waking from its winter slumber. Thank goodness! Come back soon, and you'll see a massive difference - Kate

"Poor conditions overcharged"

chris6993100's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2017

Normally fairly priced to match course conditions. Feel like it was a money grab as every fairway was dirt and not disclosed upfront .

Commented on 06/13/2017

Hey chris6993100 - our summer pricing is in effect and reflects summer conditioning - that said, we have experienced a lag in our bermuda growth. Our Course Superintendent has been giving it a good talking to - and along with all the sciency stuff which i'm sure you already know about, it seems to be working! Come on back with your bounce back offer, you'll play for just $27 any time through the summer and see a big improvement in the fairway coverage. Kate

"If you like terrible fairways conditions play here"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2017

I didnt realize the fairways were in such poor condition and no one mentioned it to me before I started playing. Very very very slow pace of play. Basically wasted five hours of my life.

"Play it some other time"

lcinaz's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Course is in terrible condition. Most of the fairways are hard dirt. Impossible to hit a wedge off the fairway. I've played this course numerous times.

"dirt fairways"

uEBZD2519EB's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

on your website you rated the course almost 5 stars and it should have been rated 1 star. very disappointed. I played 9 holes and left. I called Golf Now and asked for my money back. i ended getting half my money back and was very unhappy. There should have been an icon or something to let you know the course was in horrible shape. The only reason i played 9 because i had driven out there and decided to see how bad it was. I knew it was going to be really badly when spoke to some one who just played the course. He told me they took there ball and played out of the rough to get a decent lie. I repeat very disappointed. .

Commented on 06/13/2017

Hey @uEBZD2519EB - you're totally right, Golf Digest did rate us a 5* experience. Now, you have come to us during our annual spring summer transition. This is admittedly a tricky time and, that sleepy bermuda grass just didn't wake up as quickly as we had expected. The good news? The bermuda is now beginning to grow through, and so it won't be long til we see full coverage - Kate

"Do not play...there is no grass on the course"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2017

The winter conditions were amazing!!!! However, there is not grass on the course. At all. You are playing off of scraped fairways and mud/dirt. For $30. It is not worth it. It resembles a poorly run municipal course now.

Commented on 06/13/2017

hey @ckmhaynes - luckily, you're a total baller and can play in any conditions! :) Kate

"always a great track but horrible conditions"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

this course is a great layout but on the day I played the fairways were almost all dirt!!! An advisory on GOLFNOW from the course about their overseed not having been done would have been great. I MEAN ALL THE FAIRWAYS WERE DIRT, ALL OF THEM! I ran into a senior level superintendant, and asked him what happened to the course. he got indignant with me and began to give me a lesson on overseeding. It was not appreciated, but I guess he got defensive about his course. lol. funny. the greens were great, but tough to play off of dirt.

"Overseeding"

Nick4784494's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2017

Unfortunately I was very disappointed. The course was going over a lot of maintenance and over seeding. Fairways were dirt and gone. Usually they keep the course in great shape. I live in Scottsdale, so it's a good 45 min drive. GolfNow usually notifies you about seeding and arrogation, but not this time. I'm not sure if I'll make it back out there

Commented on 06/08/2017

Hey @Nick4784494

Like many courses in the Valley, we're working our way through the spring/summer transition period which is why you're seeing some browning areas on the course. Here we apply a herbicide to kill off the rye grass to allow the summer bermuda grass to emerge from its winter-long nap. Our agronomy team are monitoring the conditions closely and expect that our bermuda grass will soon create a nice green coverage - Kate

"Burnt Out"

bevinsr's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The fairways were horrible to say the least. Burnt out grass and hard pan. Would purposely drive to the edges of the fairways to get a somewhat better surface to have a chance of striking the ball more purely. Bunkers were lacking sand, barely left footprints and felt like you were hitting off of the cartpath instead. This course needs to be shutdown and have proper maintenance done on it before more play should be allowed on it.

Good thing that I got a Hot Deal to play for a cheap price. Would have to pay me to play there under these conditions the next time, if I even considered coming back. I don't foresee any improvement being possible for at least 2 months.

Commented on 06/06/2017

Hey @bevinsr - we are right in the middle of our spring/summer transition period which is why you're seeing those browned out areas on the course. Our bermuda growth is on the way, so you'll soon begin to see that nice green coverage that you're looking for. Sounds like you had a good chance to perfect your target practice by successfully aiming for the rough, and hopefully the great deal you snagged, eased your pain a little :)

Kate

"Great Course"

Foxstreet54's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017

I love the courses layout, however $45 for a course that every fairway was burnt. $25 I wouldn't have a problem. Dissapointed to say the least.

Commented on 06/06/2017

Hi @fostreet54 - our bermuda grass grown in has been a little slow - but we can assure you once it hits it's stride, you'll see a nice green coverage. PS we hope you picked up your bounce back offer providing for even better rates next time you play. We also have our simple pricing in effect, $40 / $30 / $20 - so be sure to take advantage of our summer tee times, now through August 31st! - Kate

"Horrible"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2017

Can't believe fairways are gone hit great drive hitting off mud. We all were hoping to but in rough so at least we hit second shot off grass. Can't believe this from a trilogy course. Won't be back anytime soon.

Commented on 06/06/2017

Hi @u000001338764 our bermuda grow-in has been a little slower that expected, but our agronomy team are working hard on all aspects of the course. We hope you'll give us another chance soon so you can match up those great drives with an even better second shot experience - Kate

"Course was in horrible condition"

nwfisher's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2017

I played the course on June 2nd. I was surprised to see how poor the conditions were on the golf course. Temperatures in Phoenix have been moderate, only reaching 100 degrees a few times in the last week or two and yet the course looked as if it were the middle of July and they hadn't watered for a month. While I have, historically, enjoyed the course, this experience puts into question whether I will ever go back.

Commented on 06/06/2017

Hey @nwfisher - our agronomy team are monitoring the bermuda grass grow-in closely. As stewards of the land, we need to be responsible and conscious of our water usage, using just enough to encourage the bermuda grass out of dormancy. It's coming, and with patience, we will ensure a good summer coverage, and a great transition heading into season. We hope you'll come back out and play - we have great summer rates in place as well as $1 beers! - Kate

"Very disappointing"

mmathis5742's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017

Trilogy at Vistancia should be shut down. Course conditions are an embarrassment to the game.

Commented on 05/31/2017

Hey @mmathis5742

Like many courses in the Valley, we're working our way through the spring/summer transition period which is why you're seeing some browning areas on the course - we would be happy to chat with you some more about this if you'd like? But briefly, it's a tricky science and we're confident that our bermuda grass will soon create a nice green coverage. In the mean time, although we're admittedly not bright green, the roll of the greens is pretty solid - we're hoping you sunk a few long ones on your visit! Kate