Ahwatukee Country Club

Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Caddies: No
GPS: No

Practice bunker: Yes
Golf school / academy: Yes - "Ahwatukee Golf Academy"

Dress code: Shirts with collar, tailored mid-length shorts, denim or jean material of any type is not permitted.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Tees | Layout

Back 72 6713 yards 70.8 120
Middle 72 6103 yards 68.2 115
Forward (W) 72 5506 yards 70.3 112

Average Rating 2.9 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city near the airport in the 'burbs   Great for locals beginners seniors   Challenges include water hazards bunkers narrow fairways   Great for drinks brunch patio dining

u581092077's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/22/2017

joethetoolman's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/22/2017

We enjoyed the Coarse. We played it several times and like the coarse over all. We are both high handicappers and don't feel pressured by better golfers. The greens was better than I seen on some high priced coarses. We played in the morning and finished in just over 3 hours. I hope this coarse stays open so we can continue to come and enjoy our round.

"Great for my Spring Training Vacation!"

zengolfer0819's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2017

My wife & I came to Phoenix for Spring Training Baseball and I was looking for a course that would suit my budget. Ahwatukee Country Club filled the bill nicely. The greens were in great shape, a little bit fast for the first few rounds until I got use to them. The fairways were well taken care of. I didn't spot any crabgrass or weeds of any sort. All in all, I enjoyed my round.

"Rip off"

Robin7763171's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2017

We arrived 45 minutes early for our tee time to warm up. There was no one on the first several holes and the Pro Shop offered to let us out early since the first tee was open. My friend paid green fees for all of us and only after we were on the course did we realize they charged us the higher rate for going out early (compared to the rate we received at the time of our reservation through Golf Now.) They also failed to apply the nearly $20 credit I paid at the time I made the reservation online to our green fees. When I complained about it, they said there wasn't anything they could do about it and that was Golf Now's "cut", which is untrue. To top it off, the Marshall came around and strictly informed us to play "Ready Golf" as we searched for a ball, even though we'd been waiting on every tee box the entire round and the group in front of us was still standing and waiting on the next tee box in full view of ourselves and the Marshall, which we pointed out. He ignored that and reiterated that we needed to play Ready Golf. I will never play this course again. I think it was particularly loathesome for them to offer us an opportunity to tee off early (since they had a half-dozen open tee times in a row) and then charge us extra for an earlier tee time. Pretty slimey, in my opinion.

Commented on 03/22/2017

Hi "Robin7763171" We are sorry about the inconvenience at the course today. We talked to GolfNow and had them send us your tee time details, which is also being resent and emailed to you now. Your tee time confirmation with GolfNow had you playing on Friday March 17 at 11:37 AM with 4 players. The Total Green Fees due was $156.00 at $39.00 per player. On top of this total their are Taxes, Convenience fees, and a 5% deposit that goes to GolfNow as we have a premium partnership with them. This 5% includes marketing and revenue management that they do for our course. These total fees paid to GolfNow came out to a total of $18.62 which is the correct amount due online while booking your tee time. The remaining balance is due at the course $148.20 ($37.05 per player) if you payed more than this amount we urge you to give us a call at the course so that we can clarify the price difference. We appreciate you coming out to the course and hope to see you again in the near future.

"Needs some work"

Terry8440549's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/16/2017

Course is very close to our home. If it wasn't, we wouldn't play here. Course needs some work.

"Average course"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/16/2017

There are couple things out in the course that are really bad. First, the signs at the tee box are missing. You have no idea which hole are you playing and what the yardage. Second, the car path need major repair. I thought I was driving on the surface of the moon, bouncing around all over the place, and our drinks spilling all over the cart. Other than that, the staff is friendly and professional,

Commented on 03/22/2017

Hi "u000007095549" Thank you for your honest review. We are in the process of getting to many of these issues that you have stated in your review. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again soon.

JIMDAD54115's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/14/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Commented on 03/22/2017

Hi "JIMDAD54115" Thanks for the 4 star review. Please come back and see us again soon!

"Good value, fun course with varity of holes and features."

Plumbgolf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/13/2017
Used cart Perfect weather

The greens and fairways had really good grass. A great layout with well designed holes and good greens. A good mix of water, bunkers and trees to make it interesting and fun. Played early round in 3hrs and 15min. Did a replay for $15.

Commented on 03/22/2017

Hi "Plumbgolf" Thanks for the great review! We appreciate the great compliments regarding the course layout. We are so glad you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again soon.

eyounger's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/13/2017

Commented on 03/17/2017

Hi "eyounger" Thank you for the review. We apologize about your recent experience at the course today and hope that you will give us another try in the near future.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/13/2017

Had excellent round. Teed off at 7:30 and finished by 11. Pace was perfect. For the traffic this course gets, greens are very good.

Commented on 03/17/2017

Hi "u000006397812" Thanks for the great review, we really appreciate it. Please come back and see us again soon.

"Rude players"

Flyzhunter's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/12/2017

Knowing someone that works at the course has its perks at times. We had a foursome and we were ready to tee off on #1 when a twosome came blowing by use and skipped #1 to get in front of us. They didn't have the balls to ask if they could go in front of us. Needless to say the pace of play slowed down because of them. There was a foursome in front of them. We had to wait every hole due to them. Turned into a 5.5 hours round.

We watched them every hole and they pretty much sucked. They were hitting into houses and chunked the ball all of the time.

If you know someone at the course it's great. But, keep in mind that other people that have paid to play and you play for free. Be mindful of other players especially if you sucks at the game. Just be careful of freebie players.

Commented on 03/17/2017

Hi "Flyzhunter"Thank you for the honest review. We appreciate the feedback and we will take a closer look into the pace of play and other issues that you have mentions. Thanks

robbyrito's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2017

Commented on 03/13/2017

Hi "robbyrito" Thanks for the 4 star review! We really appreciate it.

phxstroms's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2017

Commented on 03/13/2017

Hi "phxstroms" Thank you for the 4 star review! We really appreciate it!

"A little rough on the cart paths"

missypup's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2017

Got setup and out on the course promptly. Staff was very friendly. The cart paths need maintenance. Fairways and greens are very nice. Course layouts interesting. Has several lakes which do come into play. seems to be a lot of singles playing which can cause a pace of play issue when singles and foursomes are mixed. Would play the course again.

Commented on 03/13/2017

Hi "missypup" Thanks for the great review. We appreciate the great review and hope to see you again soon.

"Not worth the money"

Andrewsaunders21's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2017

I am a visitor to the chandler area and when I looked on golfnow for a good and affordable course to play, this course seemed alright. I checked out the web page which is compaletely Misleading because the pictures are not accurate to the course. It was a cow pasture at best and was def not worth 45$ US dollars. Should be 20 at the most of put some money into fixing it up.

Course Layout: Poor

Commented on 03/13/2017

Hi "Andrewsaunders21" We appreciate your honest review as we are constantly trying to improve our overall course conditions. We appreciate your patience and hope to see you again in the near future.

"A Relaxing Afternoon"

Kim6113602's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/07/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I thought the layout of the course was very well done. The carts were very nice. No beverage cart on the course. We often waited for the group in front of us but did the overall round in just under 4 hours.

Commented on 03/13/2017

Hi "Kim6113602" Thank you for the great review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the course layout and the pace of play. Please come back and see us again soon.

"This Course Is In HORRIBLE SHAPE"

crackasnowflake's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/07/2017

I don't know how to adequately review this course as it sucks so much but it is still a golf course that I live next to and play. I'll try to go through all the problems I found just today in hopes that someone reads this and fixes it.

1) the tee boxes are in terrible shape. How does that even happen. They should literally be the nicest part on the course because you only hit from a designated spot.

2) the fairways are patchy and in terrible shape. You can hit a great drive in the middle of the fairway and land in what you would call ground under repair, but because the course doesn't actually do anything, it will stay that way.

3) they have completely stopped trying to manicure anything that isn't the fairway. There is just hard packed dirt that goes along every fairway. Google maps will show you this very clearly.

4) the cart paths are a joke. They stop and start randomly and half of them look destroyed by weather or just weren't made correctly to begin with.

5) The green on #7 has been driven over by a golfcart in the rain by someone doing doughnuts and it has yet to be repaired. This has been a problem for weeks. It doesn't even look like they have put seed down as nothing is growing.

6) The clubhouse is in shambles.

7) The landscaping crew doesn't start until after sun up, which means if you play in the morning (peak rates), you don't get a raked bunker, you are constantly being followed by lawn mowers and the greens are slow from day old cuts.

8) the greens are in terrible shape. It is obvious that everyone who plays this course has stopped caring about fixing divots and that the crew does not know how to repair the green. They are slow and boring.

9) the sand in the bunkers is probably 50% rocks. Because they don't actually know how to care for the course, the drainage in the bunkers stinks and the big rocks just float to the top every night when they water it and the sand gets blown away leaving impossible to rake bunkers. I will not hit out of the bunkers without a desert club.

10) they do not trim back the trees on holes 11-14 so the greens are littered with foliage 20 hours a day. I assume they have a blower to fix it from 10:30 to 2pm but after that it is back to horrible. 50% of the time I have to give myself an automatic 2 put because I don't want to spend 5 minutes clearing my line of tree branches.

11) Someone spay painted the yardage markers onto the side of someone's house on one of the par 3's. Real classy.

12) This course is in a +55 community, which usually means good things. The problem is the people living in the community walk their dogs and don't pick up after them constantly. I can't tell you the amount of times including today, that I have seen old people just not care about their dogs "leftovers".

13) the practice range is like 250 yards with no net in the back to catch balls. They offer private lessons on the opposite side so when it is busy they tell you that you can't hit driver because you might kill a student/teacher.

14) they don't maintain the practice range at all. They close it down for overseeding every few months but they don't bother seeding it. The practice range is a perfect example of the golf course's condition as a whole. But they did put new mats out for people... With the money they spent on mats they could have tilled the entire practice range, seeded it, and let us hit off the grass like adults.

You can tell the course is doing the bare minimum to get around the HOA requirements.

Commented on 03/13/2017

Hi "crackasnowflake" We appreciate your honest review. We have read all of your bullet-points and will take a closer look into the situation. We appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

"Friendly staff, decent course"

rcpudlo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2017

Older style course but in decent shape. Greens were fairly good except for one or two that appeared to have been driven on. I enjoyed the round and will play here again.

Commented on 03/13/2017

Hi "rcpudlo " Thanks for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed your round with us hope to see you again in the near future.

"Poor shape"

Schapman83's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2017

The course was in terrible shape for this time of year. It looked like you would expect it to look in the middle of summer here. The pace of play was extremely slow, over 4 1/2 hours to play 18.

Commented on 03/06/2017

HI "Schapman83" We appreciate your patience as the course has been extremely busy. We appreciate your understanding and hope to see you again in the near future.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2017

Course needs a lot of TLC, cart paths cement was in bad shape, driving range not good.

Commented on 03/06/2017

HI "u000003493204" Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate your patience as we work to improve these issues. Thanks and hope to see you again in the near future.