Lookout Mountain Golf Club

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Championship Pointe 72 6515 yards 70.0 130
Back Pointe 72 5990 yards 67.3 123
Middle Pointe (W) 72 5292 yards 65.1 114
Forward Pointe (W) 72 4521 yards 66.0 108
Junior Owls 72 2899 yards 0.0 0

Location is convenient to the city at a resort worth the drive   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers locals   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks dinner patio dining

"Best greens in PHX"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2017

By far the best greens I have played in the valley this summer. The layout is pretty basic for holes 1-6 and then the course gets very fun and challenging. The greens were phenomenal. True roll and lie with every contour. The staff here is also the most friendly I have come into contact with. I was lucky enough to partner with one of the starters because it was a slow day. He knew the course inside and out and made it that much more fun. I would highly recommend this course. Play from the blues and get the best views!

kpoerpoe's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2017

"Lookout Mountain"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

Awesome place!! I love playing here!! Views are spectacular!

"Shot makers course."

Tincuptim's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017

6 hour round was absolutely dreadful. Staff came out and have us a free drink card. Should have offered 2 for one on next round or something. Fairways were patchy but greens were decent. Won't be back for quite some time which is s same. Can be a fun course.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2017

"Great Views, Varrying Greens"

Kfritch1988's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Lookout Mountain is a great course with very challenging holes! The driving range was in great shape and the putting green could use some love on some dry spots. Actual course conditions were 4/5, barring some bald spots on some fairways! The green speeds slowed down as the day went on, but they were in great condition. Played the white tees 4 days prior and the blue tees add a considerable amount of challenge to this course. There are plenty of beautiful views and drop off tee shots, but as many others have mentioned, the 100ish yard par 3 #9 seems a bit out of place. Seems like they got to 17 holes and squeezed it in to make 18. It's on the foot of a mountain, so the green read for that one is a bit tricky, but it doesn't fit with the other 17 holes, and you'll pass it if you aren't paying attention. Overall, this is a great course with wonderful staff that I would recommend to anyone looking to go out and have a fun round!

"Not up to par"

evanalexon's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Course was not well maintained. Fairways had several dead spots. Course layout is designed for advanced golfers with under 12 handicaps...too many bunkers in front of greens with long carries to green.

Course Layout: Poor

Zach7619195's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2017

"Great course"

jroz609's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2017

Really enjoyed this challenging track. It was extremely hot so we played the course in a little over 3 hours. I could see how pace of play could be slow if they were busy. Only negative is the drive from the bag drop to the 1st tee.

Commented on 07/26/2017

Thank you so much for the compliments and 5 star review. Pace of play is always of the utmost importance to us, even more so with the heat of the summer. Delighted to hear that you were able to get out, enjoy your round, and escape the heat in just over 3 hours! We hope you will visit us again soon!

"Another Troon another solid course!"

drumshtik101's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2017

This course is one of many Troon managed courses in the valley that gives you some of the best conditions for the best prices.......at certain times!

It is a typical desert style, target orientated course, with a lot of elevated tees on the backside of the lookout mountain preserve. It is definitely not long even from the Tips. It is very playable.

The facilities at the Hilton are absolutely gorgeous and the golf course is a good mix of challenging target golf mixed with a few simple parkland/subdivision meandering holes. This course reminds me a lot of Las Sendas and Red Mountain Ranch.....but not as difficult.

I know that they like to jack the rates up during the regular season and I think that has a lot to do with the fact that it is a Hilton Resort...... but if you're looking to play a pretty challenging course with great conditions...... then definitely book this on a deal.

The only real negative aspect that stuck with me from this course is their #9 hole. It's the easiest par three on the course and it just seemed like it was thrown into the course design in order to make 18 holes. It's unfortunate because the rest of the course is very appealing to the eye.

All in all it's a great Troon track to go along with the many others in the valley.

Commented on 07/26/2017

Thank you very much for the wonderful review! We couldn't agree more in regards to your assessment of the course playability with accurate shot making being the name of the game. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the course conditions and beauty of our facilities, and at a great price to boot! While rates do increase during peak season, we are always running great specials through our email distribution list and on our social channels. We appreciate your comments regarding our par 3 #9 as we are always exploring ways in which to improve the quality of our product. Thank you again and we hope you will come see us again soon!

Commented on 06/23/2017

Couldn't agree more about #9, it is about 100 years from the tips. Also agree that they overcharge at certain times of year, but they are one of the best deals around at certain times as well. High quality track that is almost always in good shape. They also don't dramatically punch their greens like a lot of courses here do this time of year!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

"Great course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2017

I'm a 18 handicap and found the course fun to play.

Commented on 06/05/2017

We are so glad you enjoyed the golf course! Please visit us again soon!

"Worst Bag drop I've experienced. Hard greens. No cart girl"

u208706823's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2017

Where do I Start? Customer Service at Bag drop was awful. The guy took my bag and asks me "how many beers do you have packed in here?" He then told me to check in with the Starter before playing. There wasn't a Starter in sight. Not to mention, I drove to the driving range Only to be told the practice balls are at the Bag drop. Fairways still in decent shape (some dead spots) greens were super hard, dry and rolling fast. If upper management is reading this review, you need to hire some employees that act like they want to be at work. Your employee made me feel like I was a hassle to him for coming to golf at his course. Won't be back for a while.

Commented on 06/05/2017

Thank you very much for submitting this review. We are very sorry to hear of your experience with our staff. Please know this level of customer service falls far short of our expectations and the team member you speak of will be addressed. We hope you will give us another chance to earn back your trust.

"Lookout Mountain is funky & fun!"

randyhair127's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2017

Lookout Mountain has a lot of strange things about it, but don't take that as a negative. The course starts (and ends) a long way from the clubhouse and wanders through subdivisions, desert, and up and down some severely steep cart paths. You will not see any other holes than the one you are playing except at the beginning / end of your round. The greens are firm, fast & quite sloped, but they are readable & will hold a shot. Had a great time & will play this track again. It's a great value.

Commented on 06/05/2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! You are spot on in regards to the variance of the golf course. With every hole comes a new adventure. We are so glad you had a great time and we look forward to your next visit!

"Beautiful Course"

dotcollector's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2017

Nicely manicured course. Elevation shifts, water and sand hazards. A beautiful course with challenges for all levels of golfer.

Commented on 06/05/2017

We very much appreciate your 5 star review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the variance of the golf course. Please come back and see us soon!

"Good course but service lacking"

bradlynch's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2017

I really like this course. With that said we played 17 holes in 5 hours...decided to quit since it would have taken another 1/2 hour to finish. We saw the beer cart on 2, sitting on 10 fairway and on 17 tee. This was a new staff member and probably needed some extra training. Thankfully we carry our own water. The fellow who unloaded our clubs was friendly and the service in the bar was also good. The entrance to the club drop off needs to be marked since I always drive by it.

Commented on 06/05/2017

Thank you very much for providing this feedback. We certainly apologize for the pace of play. We are delighted to hear that you experienced friendly team members in the bag drop area as well as the Pointe in Tyme bar. We are working with the city of Phoenix to improve directional signage. We hope you will visit us again soon!

Timothy4866790's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2017

"Great Course"

mike195815's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2017

the weather was in the mid 90s the week we played this course. i was very impressed with the conditions of the course they seem to ensure they actually water. the course is more expensive than the wife and I play but we couldn't pass it up with a golf now hot deal of 40.00... regular 115.00. Greens are fast and hard but the course conditions made up for it. The course is challenging, leave your driver in the bag on some holes and play smart. The staff and amenities are fantastic.

Commented on 06/05/2017

Thank you so much for the 5 star review and compliments! We will be sure to share your praise with our entire team. You said it best, smart is the name of the game to score out there! We hope you will visit us again soon!

"Want to spend lots of time waiting to play your next shot?"

Remyboykc's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2017

5 1/2 hour round. Marshall was sitting under a tree eating his lunch instead of helping move slow golfers along. Terrible attitude when I suggested he push them to play ready golf.

On the plus side, greens were very nice, course was OK, to pristine by any means, and it didn't rain on us.

Commented on 04/23/2017

We would like to again apologize for the pace of play challenges you experienced during your round. Pace of play is always of the utmost importance to us and there is no excuse that we missed the mark this day.

In regards to your reference of our course marshal, we can assure you that this individual is one of our most seasoned team members and he was doing everything in his power to help move golfers along. Aside from physically removing golfers from the course, he used every technique possible to assist with the pace of the slower players. When you saw him "sitting under a tree eating his lunch", you saw a dedicated employee that would rather eat on the move and stay out on the golf course to assist our guests rather than vacating the course for his lunch break.

We would again like to offer you a rain check for a return visit as an apology for the pace of play. While we cannot change your experience that day, we certainly hope to make it right and provide the type of experience so many are accustomed to here at Lookout Mountain Golf Club. Please do not hesitate to contact the management team here at LMGC to further discuss your experience.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017