Lookout Mountain Golf Club

• tapatiocliffshilton.com

Year built: 1989
Type: Resort
Style: Desert

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Tees | Layout

Championship Pointe 72 6515 yards 70.0 130
Back Pointe 72 5990 yards 67.3 123
Middle Pointe (W) 72 5292 yards 65.1 114
Forward Pointe (W) 72 4521 yards 66.0 108
Junior Owls 72 2899 yards 0.0 0

Average Rating 4.2 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city at a resort worth the drive   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers locals   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks dinner patio dining

"Want to spend lots of time waiting to play your next shot?"

Remyboykc's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2017

5 1/2 hour round. Marshall was sitting under a tree eating his lunch instead of helping move slow golfers along. Terrible attitude when I suggested he push them to play ready golf.

On the plus side, greens were very nice, course was OK, to pristine by any means, and it didn't rain on us.

Commented on 04/23/2017

We would like to again apologize for the pace of play challenges you experienced during your round. Pace of play is always of the utmost importance to us and there is no excuse that we missed the mark this day.

In regards to your reference of our course marshal, we can assure you that this individual is one of our most seasoned team members and he was doing everything in his power to help move golfers along. Aside from physically removing golfers from the course, he used every technique possible to assist with the pace of the slower players. When you saw him "sitting under a tree eating his lunch", you saw a dedicated employee that would rather eat on the move and stay out on the golf course to assist our guests rather than vacating the course for his lunch break.

We would again like to offer you a rain check for a return visit as an apology for the pace of play. While we cannot change your experience that day, we certainly hope to make it right and provide the type of experience so many are accustomed to here at Lookout Mountain Golf Club. Please do not hesitate to contact the management team here at LMGC to further discuss your experience.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

ghostzapper's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

"This course has quite a few elevated tee boxes"

filagolfer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2017

It's challenging to play from the Back Pointe, add another 700 yards to my game. I usually play from the 'White' or Middle Pointe at Lookout Mountain, but my playing partner plays from the Back Pointe, so I joined him, finished with a 92, not too bad for me. My wife played from the Forward Pointe, despite the challenge, she still enjoy herself.

"Lookout Mountain"

Rangerat1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2017

The course was in good shape and the greens were consistently good. Excluding pace of play, no complaints. However, having to wait on every shot detracted from all that was good. Five hours to play this course is not good. The course Ranger apologized but seemed to have no solution. When you promote 4 hours, 18 minutes as the expected pace of play you should monitor pace so as to be reasonably close to the stated expectation.

"Good Little Layout, Lack Customer Perspective"

radosta1696's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

I was in town for a conference so I booked a time for two of us on golf now. 1 hour later it looked like we may have a hard time making it on time, so I called golf now to cancel. But I as the tee sheet was pretty open we were going to try and make it a little later, and just pay whatever the rate was.

Since it was inside the the 24 hour window they had to call the club to make sure there wouldn't be a no-show fee of the entire greens fee.

They came back and said if I didn't show, they were charging me anyway.

Now, I am a business guy, so I fully understand the need to charge for a no show if it is a very popular course or the tee sheet is packed. In that case I literally cost them the ability to sell that tee time to someone else and I should pay for it. This was clearly not the case. It was a wide open tee sheet and they were just trying to hose me because they could.

We moved a few meetings and hurried out there for our round. It was a decent little layout, but I will make sure to not give any more of my money to this course, EVER, just on principle.

Commented on 04/21/2017

We would like to sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced and the mishandling of your situation. With 3rd party tee times such as the one you booked through GolfNow, all communication is handled by that 3rd party and there is no direct communication between the golf course and the guest. Had the tee time been booked directly with us, we can assure you there would have been no challenges pushing your tee time back. We truly appreciate your comments and feedback. Please know that we will utilize your review as a teaching opportunity for our staff and our 3rd party partners. We hope you will visit us again in the future and encourage you to call us directly the next time you're in the Phoenix area.

"Interesting Course to play"

ingynir's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2017

The first hole is forgiving, and the course gets better as you play on. Challenging but nothing over the top. Greens weren't in the greatest shape, but overall a great place to play. We got out at 9 am and had a great pace of play. Nice staff, good food in the restaurant after. It was a little spread out, so I wouldn't walk this one, but all in all worth playing.

Commented on 04/21/2017

Thank you very much for the 5 star review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the staff, pace of play, and post-round lunch! We hope you will visit us again soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2017

trajadad's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

"Nice day on Lookout Mountain"

boisser's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2017

Really enjoyed the views from this course. Pace of play was good - just over 4 hours. We only waited for the group ahead of us on a couple of holes. Course was in in good shape, greens were fast and true. Only frustration was that we didn't know the course so on a couple of holes we chose the wrong clubs. The free yardage guide provides is helpful, but not a perfect solution to this. Would enjoy playing again now that we have some course knowledge.

Commented on 04/04/2017

We truly appreciate your 5 star review and feedback! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the condition of the course and played at a good pace. Course knowledge is certainly beneficial and we would love to have you back now that you've had a chance to play it once before!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2017

"Fun course - tough greens"

Bryce5493445's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2017

Played here twice with 3 buddies while in town for spring training. This is the only course we played while in Phoenix so I can't compare it to others in the area...

The course was in pristine condition and overall layout was challenging, yet enjoyable (groups HC ranged from 5-25). Our group traveled from Seattle, and our only gripe (if you can call it that) was with how fast and difficult the greens were. DO NOT Leave yourself with downhill puts.

We paid $90 pp with a hot deal and that seemed more than fair for this this course. The range and practice greens were in great shape and were included in the cost.

Can't go wrong playing this course. Especially for first timers. Enjoy!

Commented on 03/29/2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and feedback. We very much appreciate you visiting us twice during your spring training trip! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the course conditions and overall layout. This time of year the greens can certainly be tricky. You said it best, do not leave the ball above the hole! Thank you again and we hope you will visit us again soon!

"Too much money for conditions"

Sid6119777's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/24/2017

Greens were bumpy,lots of poa in bent grass

To many blind tee shots

Alright if u have played a couple times

Overall not bad

To much money for that course

Commented on 03/29/2017

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We have shared your comments with our agronomy team and they are working feverishly to get rid of the poa. We very much appreciate your review of "excellent" in regards to staff friendliness. We hope you will visit us again to give it another try!

"Beautiful and challenging course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/23/2017

My husband found a deal on the GolfNow website that allowed us to play in March at an affordable rate. The course was in great shape and had beautiful views. We thoroughly enjoyed the course.

Commented on 04/04/2017

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! Wonderful to hear that you and your husband enjoyed the conditions of the course along with the beautiful views! Please visit us again soon!

"great course"

emptynester58's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2017

I have played many of the courses in the valley this would surely be on the list to replay again

Commented on 03/29/2017

We are incredibly honored to be on your list of courses to replay again. It is our goal to turn each and every guest's "goodbye" into a "see you later". We look forward to your next visit!

jerryr102's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2017

"Fine and fun course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2017

HIghly enjoyable course. Four of us played with handicaps of 5, 12, 19, and 29, and we all truly enjoyed ourselves. Course in excellent shape. Only one or two greens off a bit. Some truly memorable holes. Lots of elevations changes. Picturesque area, well designed holes, good conditions, brisk pace of play. All good and a course we'd gladly play again.

Commented on 03/20/2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed the course conditions, elevation changes, and pace of play. We appreciate you sharing the handicaps within your group as we feel one of the greatest attributes of LMGC is that it caters to all skill levels. Challenging for the avid golfer yet forgiving for the mid to high handicapper. We look forward to your next visit!

"Another fine day at Lookout Mountain"

ttttttttttt's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/16/2017

My wife and I have been traveling from Toronto to the Phoenix area for a number of years now. We generally play a variety of courses during our stay in the valley with prices ranging from $50 up to $200. Lookout Mountain is the one course we make a point of playing every year.

The course offers a variety of tee boxes and has something for all levels of golfer. Over the years, housing has encroached somewhat however many vistas on the course are still spectacular.

The course gets a lot of play yet it is always in good shape.

Staff at the course are wonderful from the bag drop through the pro shop and out to the marshals on the course. We always get a warm welcome as well as several thank-you's throughout our round. Lookout Mountain remains on our must play list!

Commented on 03/20/2017

We can't tell you how much we love reading reviews like this one! Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback and compliments. Please know that reading your kind words make us extremely proud of our team and we will be sure to share with each and every one of them! We truly appreciate you choosing LMGC year after year and hope to see you again next year!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/12/2017

cfsprague4's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/09/2017

A little hard to find for the first-timer as it is part of the Hilton Hotel complex and the Lookout Mountain sign doesn't stand out well at the pace of the busy street on which the course is located. Otherwise, great place.

Commented on 03/17/2017

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We are so glad that you enjoyed the golf course! We were just approved for new street signage in hopes of making it much easier for our guests to find us. We look forward to your next visit!