Lookout Mountain Golf Club

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Championship Pointe 72 6515 yards 70.0 130
Back Pointe 72 5990 yards 67.3 123
Middle Pointe (W) 72 5292 yards 65.1 114
Forward Pointe (W) 72 4521 yards 66.0 108
Junior Owls 72 2899 yards 0.0 0

Average Rating 4.2 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city at a resort worth the drive   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers locals   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks dinner patio dining

"Another Troon another solid course!"

drumshtik101's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2017

This course is one of many Troon managed courses in the valley that gives you some of the best conditions for the best prices.......at certain times!

It is a typical desert style, target orientated course, with a lot of elevated tees on the backside of the lookout mountain preserve. It is definitely not long even from the Tips. It is very playable.

The facilities at the Hilton are absolutely gorgeous and the golf course is a good mix of challenging target golf mixed with a few simple parkland/subdivision meandering holes. This course reminds me a lot of Las Sendas and Red Mountain Ranch.....but not as difficult.

I know that they like to jack the rates up during the regular season and I think that has a lot to do with the fact that it is a Hilton Resort...... but if you're looking to play a pretty challenging course with great conditions...... then definitely book this on a deal.

The only real negative aspect that stuck with me from this course is their #9 hole. It's the easiest par three on the course and it just seemed like it was thrown into the course design in order to make 18 holes. It's unfortunate because the rest of the course is very appealing to the eye.

All in all it's a great Troon track to go along with the many others in the valley.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

"Great course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2017

I'm a 18 handicap and found the course fun to play.

Commented on 06/05/2017

We are so glad you enjoyed the golf course! Please visit us again soon!

"Worst Bag drop I've experienced. Hard greens. No cart girl"

u208706823's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2017

Where do I Start? Customer Service at Bag drop was awful. The guy took my bag and asks me "how many beers do you have packed in here?" He then told me to check in with the Starter before playing. There wasn't a Starter in sight. Not to mention, I drove to the driving range Only to be told the practice balls are at the Bag drop. Fairways still in decent shape (some dead spots) greens were super hard, dry and rolling fast. If upper management is reading this review, you need to hire some employees that act like they want to be at work. Your employee made me feel like I was a hassle to him for coming to golf at his course. Won't be back for a while.

Commented on 06/05/2017

Thank you very much for submitting this review. We are very sorry to hear of your experience with our staff. Please know this level of customer service falls far short of our expectations and the team member you speak of will be addressed. We hope you will give us another chance to earn back your trust.

"Lookout Mountain is funky & fun!"

randyhair127's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2017

Lookout Mountain has a lot of strange things about it, but don't take that as a negative. The course starts (and ends) a long way from the clubhouse and wanders through subdivisions, desert, and up and down some severely steep cart paths. You will not see any other holes than the one you are playing except at the beginning / end of your round. The greens are firm, fast & quite sloped, but they are readable & will hold a shot. Had a great time & will play this track again. It's a great value.

Commented on 06/05/2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! You are spot on in regards to the variance of the golf course. With every hole comes a new adventure. We are so glad you had a great time and we look forward to your next visit!

"Beautiful Course"

dotcollector's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2017

Nicely manicured course. Elevation shifts, water and sand hazards. A beautiful course with challenges for all levels of golfer.

Commented on 06/05/2017

We very much appreciate your 5 star review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the variance of the golf course. Please come back and see us soon!

"Good course but service lacking"

bradlynch's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2017

I really like this course. With that said we played 17 holes in 5 hours...decided to quit since it would have taken another 1/2 hour to finish. We saw the beer cart on 2, sitting on 10 fairway and on 17 tee. This was a new staff member and probably needed some extra training. Thankfully we carry our own water. The fellow who unloaded our clubs was friendly and the service in the bar was also good. The entrance to the club drop off needs to be marked since I always drive by it.

Commented on 06/05/2017

Thank you very much for providing this feedback. We certainly apologize for the pace of play. We are delighted to hear that you experienced friendly team members in the bag drop area as well as the Pointe in Tyme bar. We are working with the city of Phoenix to improve directional signage. We hope you will visit us again soon!

Timothy4866790's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2017

"Great Course"

mike195815's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2017

the weather was in the mid 90s the week we played this course. i was very impressed with the conditions of the course they seem to ensure they actually water. the course is more expensive than the wife and I play but we couldn't pass it up with a golf now hot deal of 40.00... regular 115.00. Greens are fast and hard but the course conditions made up for it. The course is challenging, leave your driver in the bag on some holes and play smart. The staff and amenities are fantastic.

Commented on 06/05/2017

Thank you so much for the 5 star review and compliments! We will be sure to share your praise with our entire team. You said it best, smart is the name of the game to score out there! We hope you will visit us again soon!

"Want to spend lots of time waiting to play your next shot?"

Remyboykc's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2017

5 1/2 hour round. Marshall was sitting under a tree eating his lunch instead of helping move slow golfers along. Terrible attitude when I suggested he push them to play ready golf.

On the plus side, greens were very nice, course was OK, to pristine by any means, and it didn't rain on us.

Commented on 04/23/2017

We would like to again apologize for the pace of play challenges you experienced during your round. Pace of play is always of the utmost importance to us and there is no excuse that we missed the mark this day.

In regards to your reference of our course marshal, we can assure you that this individual is one of our most seasoned team members and he was doing everything in his power to help move golfers along. Aside from physically removing golfers from the course, he used every technique possible to assist with the pace of the slower players. When you saw him "sitting under a tree eating his lunch", you saw a dedicated employee that would rather eat on the move and stay out on the golf course to assist our guests rather than vacating the course for his lunch break.

We would again like to offer you a rain check for a return visit as an apology for the pace of play. While we cannot change your experience that day, we certainly hope to make it right and provide the type of experience so many are accustomed to here at Lookout Mountain Golf Club. Please do not hesitate to contact the management team here at LMGC to further discuss your experience.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

ghostzapper's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

"This course has quite a few elevated tee boxes"

filagolfer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2017

It's challenging to play from the Back Pointe, add another 700 yards to my game. I usually play from the 'White' or Middle Pointe at Lookout Mountain, but my playing partner plays from the Back Pointe, so I joined him, finished with a 92, not too bad for me. My wife played from the Forward Pointe, despite the challenge, she still enjoy herself.

"Lookout Mountain"

Rangerat1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2017

The course was in good shape and the greens were consistently good. Excluding pace of play, no complaints. However, having to wait on every shot detracted from all that was good. Five hours to play this course is not good. The course Ranger apologized but seemed to have no solution. When you promote 4 hours, 18 minutes as the expected pace of play you should monitor pace so as to be reasonably close to the stated expectation.

"Good Little Layout, Lack Customer Perspective"

radosta1696's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

I was in town for a conference so I booked a time for two of us on golf now. 1 hour later it looked like we may have a hard time making it on time, so I called golf now to cancel. But I as the tee sheet was pretty open we were going to try and make it a little later, and just pay whatever the rate was.

Since it was inside the the 24 hour window they had to call the club to make sure there wouldn't be a no-show fee of the entire greens fee.

They came back and said if I didn't show, they were charging me anyway.

Now, I am a business guy, so I fully understand the need to charge for a no show if it is a very popular course or the tee sheet is packed. In that case I literally cost them the ability to sell that tee time to someone else and I should pay for it. This was clearly not the case. It was a wide open tee sheet and they were just trying to hose me because they could.

We moved a few meetings and hurried out there for our round. It was a decent little layout, but I will make sure to not give any more of my money to this course, EVER, just on principle.

Commented on 04/21/2017

We would like to sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced and the mishandling of your situation. With 3rd party tee times such as the one you booked through GolfNow, all communication is handled by that 3rd party and there is no direct communication between the golf course and the guest. Had the tee time been booked directly with us, we can assure you there would have been no challenges pushing your tee time back. We truly appreciate your comments and feedback. Please know that we will utilize your review as a teaching opportunity for our staff and our 3rd party partners. We hope you will visit us again in the future and encourage you to call us directly the next time you're in the Phoenix area.

"Interesting Course to play"

ingynir's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2017

The first hole is forgiving, and the course gets better as you play on. Challenging but nothing over the top. Greens weren't in the greatest shape, but overall a great place to play. We got out at 9 am and had a great pace of play. Nice staff, good food in the restaurant after. It was a little spread out, so I wouldn't walk this one, but all in all worth playing.

Commented on 04/21/2017

Thank you very much for the 5 star review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the staff, pace of play, and post-round lunch! We hope you will visit us again soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2017

trajadad's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

"Nice day on Lookout Mountain"

boisser's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2017

Really enjoyed the views from this course. Pace of play was good - just over 4 hours. We only waited for the group ahead of us on a couple of holes. Course was in in good shape, greens were fast and true. Only frustration was that we didn't know the course so on a couple of holes we chose the wrong clubs. The free yardage guide provides is helpful, but not a perfect solution to this. Would enjoy playing again now that we have some course knowledge.

Commented on 04/04/2017

We truly appreciate your 5 star review and feedback! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the condition of the course and played at a good pace. Course knowledge is certainly beneficial and we would love to have you back now that you've had a chance to play it once before!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2017