Lookout Mountain Golf Club

• tapatiocliffshilton.com

Year built: 1989
Type: Resort
Style: Desert

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Tees | Layout

Championship Pointe 72 6515 yards 70.0 130
Back Pointe 72 5990 yards 67.3 123
Middle Pointe (W) 72 5292 yards 65.1 114
Forward Pointe (W) 72 4521 yards 66.0 108
Junior Owls 72 2899 yards 0.0 0

Average Rating 4.2 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city at a resort worth the drive   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers locals   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks dinner patio dining

"great course"

emptynester58's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2017

I have played many of the courses in the valley this would surely be on the list to replay again

jerryr102's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2017

"Fine and fun course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2017

HIghly enjoyable course. Four of us played with handicaps of 5, 12, 19, and 29, and we all truly enjoyed ourselves. Course in excellent shape. Only one or two greens off a bit. Some truly memorable holes. Lots of elevations changes. Picturesque area, well designed holes, good conditions, brisk pace of play. All good and a course we'd gladly play again.

Commented on 03/20/2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed the course conditions, elevation changes, and pace of play. We appreciate you sharing the handicaps within your group as we feel one of the greatest attributes of LMGC is that it caters to all skill levels. Challenging for the avid golfer yet forgiving for the mid to high handicapper. We look forward to your next visit!

"Another fine day at Lookout Mountain"

ttttttttttt's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/16/2017

My wife and I have been traveling from Toronto to the Phoenix area for a number of years now. We generally play a variety of courses during our stay in the valley with prices ranging from $50 up to $200. Lookout Mountain is the one course we make a point of playing every year.

The course offers a variety of tee boxes and has something for all levels of golfer. Over the years, housing has encroached somewhat however many vistas on the course are still spectacular.

The course gets a lot of play yet it is always in good shape.

Staff at the course are wonderful from the bag drop through the pro shop and out to the marshals on the course. We always get a warm welcome as well as several thank-you's throughout our round. Lookout Mountain remains on our must play list!

Commented on 03/20/2017

We can't tell you how much we love reading reviews like this one! Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback and compliments. Please know that reading your kind words make us extremely proud of our team and we will be sure to share with each and every one of them! We truly appreciate you choosing LMGC year after year and hope to see you again next year!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/12/2017

cfsprague4's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/09/2017

A little hard to find for the first-timer as it is part of the Hilton Hotel complex and the Lookout Mountain sign doesn't stand out well at the pace of the busy street on which the course is located. Otherwise, great place.

Commented on 03/17/2017

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We are so glad that you enjoyed the golf course! We were just approved for new street signage in hopes of making it much easier for our guests to find us. We look forward to your next visit!

"Great course for vacation golf"

brayne14's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2017

Staff is exceedingly helpful and cater to the visiting guests. Grill after the round was excellent for a bite to eat.

Commented on 03/17/2017

We very much appreciate the 5 star review and your kind words! We are so glad you enjoyed the experience and we will be sure to pass along your wonderful compliments to our entire team. We hope you will visit us again soon!

"Outstanding"

br1582's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/07/2017

We've played here a few times and think the layout is just fantastic - due to all the rain earlier this year the course is in OUTSTANDING condition. Greens are firm and roll very true. Sand is very consistent hole to hole. The staff could not have been better. They were running a special for $10 they would change the spikes on your shoes - heck you can't buy a set of spikes for that.

Commented on 03/17/2017

Wow! What an outstanding review! Thank you so much for your compliments regarding the course conditions and staff. Our entire team will be delighted to hear your kind words. Stay warm up in WI and please visit us again soon!

"Lookout for the 10th Hole Bottleneck!"

draap's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2017

Lookout Mountain GC is a fine course. Excellent course conditions and a very nice practice area. The staff is exceptionally friendly and great service fromthe time you first pull into the parking lot. My one major criticism is that the Friday afternoon I played here, the course was full, and on the challenging 10th Tee, as we made the tunr, there was no less than a 4 group wait. It seemed like a half hour wait. Then a 15 minute or so wait on the 11th. I grew somewhat frustrated after finishing a very pleasant 9 holes at a decent pace - well under 4:30. I don't believe we would have finished before sundown and simply headed for the clubhouse as a result. The course was aplogetic but could not accomodate a 9 hole rain check or credit for future play as I had booked and paid for the tee-time through GolfNow. While I realize I likely paid half price or so for the rond to begin with, I was surprised that there was nothing that the Pro Shop Staff could really do. My highlight of the day was making par on the first 5 holes with a couple of insane up and downs on my way to a usual 45 going out! The course really starts to defend itself after the first 5 holes and that is OK! If you are going to play hear - bring two sleeves, get out early and be patient!

"Fun Course"

f508008's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/23/2017

Played two rounds and really enjoyed the course as well as the staff. The course was in great shape and the pace of play was really good. The staff was excellent and really made it a great experience. I want to give a shout out to Michael at the bag drop that was really great to work with. I will definitely play here again when we come back.

Commented on 03/06/2017

Thank you so much for the 5 star review and wonderful compliments. We will be sure to share with our entire team. Michael is one of our superstars and he will be thrilled to hear of your kind words! We hope you will visit us again soon!

Shharder12's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/21/2017

"Rainy Day"

KPOrtiz1962's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/19/2017

Was lightly raining and guess that keeps people in Phoenix from playing, was a typical Seattle winter morning. So I had the course to myself, nice resort course. Played in about 3 hours, course was in excellent condition despite the rain. Would bring my buddies that don't play regularly back for a round.

Commented on 03/06/2017

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the round despite the challenges Mother Nature tossed at you. We look forward to your return visit with your buddies!

"Different looks at Lookout Mountain"

vz's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/17/2017

I agree with previous reviewers that the course starts off easy and somewhat as a gentle walk in the park, but then it gets in your face and challenges you with some really beautiful rugged holes. The holes were well thought out by the architect in using the natural terrain. Pace was good, no delay. Beverage cart came by often. The views are spectacular .i would play it again.

Commented on 03/06/2017

Thank you so much for the fantastic 5 star review! We are so glad that you enjoyed the course layout. We are thrilled to hear that you played at a great pace and took advantage of the beverage cart often! We look forward to your return visit!

"Great Views and a fun course to play"

walterzjr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2017
First time playing Walked Perfect weather

First off bag attendants and the pro shop were great. The starter got us off the tee a few minutes early. The course starts off easy on the flattest part the becomes more difficult as you gain elevation. The number ten tee is way up there with the snack shop and some great views. There is a big drop off the 10th tee so there is no need to hit driver there and the fairway slopes considerably from left to right. There are some tricky holes placement wise from the tees so pick your spots wisely. The greens were in nice condition and the food was tasty at the Point in Thyme pub afterwards.

Commented on 03/06/2017

What a wonderful 5 star review! We very much appreciate you sharing your experience. We will be sure to share your kind words with our entire team. We are so glad that you enjoyed the golf course and topped it off with a wonderful meal. We look forward to having you back soon!

"Fun to play"

gervasti's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/15/2017

Course layout good first 6 holes ease you into the round then each hole increasingly more challenging and picturesque. For mid winter conditions course in great shspe very nice they over seed everything. Would go back.

Commented on 03/06/2017

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the course conditions. We look forward to having you back with us!

"Worth the trip"

MikeWaters's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/14/2017

Greta course and views across the valley. Stay away from the hotel restaurants as service is not in their remit.

uDMWJ1938DM's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/08/2017

"Lookout mountain great golf"

Rtruzakh's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/07/2017

The price was right for a really enjoyable gplf experience. The course was in fabulous shape. Fast greens and memorable views.

Commented on 03/06/2017

We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience with us! We will be sure to pass along your compliments to our amazing agronomy team! We hope to have you back with us soon!

Brian9539419's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/06/2017

"Great Couples Track"

chinos's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/06/2017

Course set up well for woman. In fact all tee boxes represent any skill level with good choices for a enjoyable round. Only minor complaint was putting green. Very playable just a bit thin on grass.

also my other minor beef with most courses is sand in bunkers and being a uniform amount and depth . With a course using bunkers as its protection it should maintain them so a player of any skill level should be able to get out.

Commented on 03/06/2017

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the course layout! We will be sure to share your feedback with our agronomy team as they are always looking for ways to make improvements. We hope you will visit us again soon!