Arizona Grand Resort

3.7072000000 3.7 stars from 5 (625)

• 8000 S Arizona Grand Pkwy, Phoenix, Arizona 85044, Maricopa County
  • www.arizonagrandgolf.com

Year built: 1987
Architect(s): Forrest Richardson
Type: Resort
Style: Traditional/Desert

GPS: Yes

Driving range: No

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Sidewinder 71 6336 yards 68.8 124
Phantom Horse 71 5903 yards 67.2 120
Prospector 71 5451 yards 64.6 110
Saguaro (W) 71 4657 yards 66.2 107

Average Rating 3.7 stars from 5

Location is at a resort convenient to the city near the airport   Great for wildlife/ scenic views locals advanced golfers   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers water hazards   Great for drinks patio dining brunch

"Course is great"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2017

I really enjoyed my first experience there. Great course for the money. Staff very friendly. Overall wonderful experience

"A course for all players"

Plays:  Once a year

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2017

Not having played a round of golf for over a year, I played Arizona Grand this week with my Dad, who plays golf at least once a week.

The course was in good condition - a little dry, but not in bad shape. The greens weren't fast, but they were consistent. Pace of play was fine - we played at a leisurely pace and never collided with the players ahead/behind us.

The tee boxes could do with more signage - all the tee markers look the same, and I saw no yardage marks.

In terms of difficulty, the course has enough variety to be interesting, but isn't so hard that casual players would get turned off.

I would definitely play again, especially at $44.

Response from Arizona Grand on 05/11/2017:

We're so happy to hear you loved the course and found great value in playing here. We understand the signage might have been an issue our management is well aware of it. Glad you loved the challenge too.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2017

Response from Arizona Grand on 05/11/2017:

Thanks for this great rating!

"Fun day after work"

F111WSO's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2017

Had an excellent experience, as usual with Arizona Grand. The only comment we had was the beverage cart stopped by on hole 3 and told us it was last call. It was only 3pm!! So we loaded up on beverages. No way to keep cool as there were no coolers on the cart. The excuse she had was that the course was not that busy. We are still customers and should have a beverage cart on each 9 as a minimum. Other than that, it was a fun round and will come back.

Response from Arizona Grand on 05/11/2017:

We'll let our staff know about the refreshments being more prevalent on each 9, this is a valid suggestion and an understandable request due to the heat. We're so glad you loved the course and had an excellent experience with us!

"Course"

chris1204772's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017

Said range included. There was was no driving range to warm up..

Response from Arizona Grand on 05/11/2017:

We're sorry that this was misleading, our range is under repair currently and we have changed the tee time notes to reflect that there is no range available for the next week or so. We can't wait to see you back thereafter.

"Great layout"

Mike4Now's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2017

This course was too challenging the first time I played it. Then I returned, got paired with another two players and learned more angles, approaches, etc. the last couple times I played it, I really enjoyed the challenge. Quickly becoming one of my favorites in the valley. A must course for our out-of-town golfing visitors.

Response from Arizona Grand on 05/04/2017:

Awesome! We're so glad you loved the course once you got the hang of it. We look forrward to seeing you again rea soon, we thank you for the recommendation!

"Disappointing"

Chad2139390's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2017

On arrival the computers were down. Sounded like they would be down for hours. Delayed checking in. Went to warm up at the golf range. Went up to it and no golf balls to hit with. Came back and asked and was told it was closed. No signs telling me that. I asked why and was told there were too many holes in the net. Poor reason that just collected my green fees. Lastly, the putting practice green is so poor it's not worth putting on.

A very poor experience and recommend you do not play this course.

Response from Arizona Grand Tee Times on 05/01/2017:

We regret to hear that you had a poor experience with us. We assure you this is not the level we strive to achieve and will address it at the course. We hope to see you again soon for another round to make up for this experience!

"Interesting golf experience"

bkgolfaz13's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2017

Nice resort facilities except the practice and warm-up. No range and driving net was not open and the little putting green was nothing like the greens on the course, which fortunately were better! Like other reviews, we agree the front is easier and the back is quite challenging, especially if you are having issues off the tee! Great scenery for sure and the course is in nice shape.

Response from Arizona Grand Tee Times on 05/01/2017:

We apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced with your practice and warm up during your round. However, we are excited to hear that the course layout, staff friendliness, and course conditions were ideal for your round! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon for another round.

"Great course, excellent value"

u00000851961's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

Course is challenging and fun to play with a different style between the front and back nine.

Response from Arizona Grand Golf Club on 05/01/2017:

Thank you Brian for the feedback and five star rating! We are happy to hear you appreciate our course layout complexity and find it beneficial to your game! We appreciate your support and are happy you enjoyed your round with us. Thank you for stopping by Arizona Grand Golf Club and we cannot wait to have you back for an even better experience!

"FUN DAY"

golfaddict48's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

Had a wonderful fun day. Staff helpful and we even got off earlier. Pace GREAT. We felt like the course was ALL ours.

Response from Arizona Grand Golf Club on 05/01/2017:

Hey Karen, thank you for the feedback and five star rating! We appreciate your support and are excited that you enjoyed the staff friendliness, pace of play, and had an overall awesome round! We always strive to provide our golfers with the best experience and we hope that your next visit here with us will exceed expectations. Thank you for stopping by Arizona Grand Golf Club and have a great day!

uCSXL1852CS's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

Greens could have been a little faster. Fairways (those I actually hit) were in very good condition. This is a fun place to play. Third hole is a bit much.

Response from Arizona Grand Golf Club on 05/01/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and for the four star rating, Mark! It looks like you enjoyed the staff friendliness, overall atmosphere, and course conditions! We will be monitoring our greens conditions closely in order to provide a better experience for all golfers moving forward. Thank you for the feedback which allows us to improve the experience we offer to the community. We hope to see you back again soon here at Arizona Grand Golf Club, have a great day!

"Bounce a quarter"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2017

The course was in ok shape tee box to fairway , however the greens were as hard as a rock. They were not receptive at all. The bunkers looked good, but the sand was not soft and the ground just under the sand was very hard as well. Had to get a clean strike out of the sand to have a chance at the club not bouncing off the bedrock and hitting the ball thin.

Response from Arizona Grand Golf Club on 04/20/2017:

Hey Brett, thank you for leaving feedback and for the four star rating! We regret to hear the course conditions were not enjoyable during your round. We will pass this information to our staff in order to start investigating the issue. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the pace of play and staff friendliness. Thank you for stopping by Arizona Grand Golf Club and we hope to see you soon!

"Amazing"

Tyler1904907's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2017

I am an Arizona resident and played this course for the first time last week. This was my second time playing this course in two weeks. Absolutely beautiful layout. Back nine is challenging desert layout and the front is more forgiving open fairway play. Playing this course captures the essence of Arizona golf. Fabulous staff caters to all needs and the beautiful cartgirl was seen on the course twice on the front and twice on the back nine. Can't say enough for this course and amenities. I will definitely be visiting this course again.

Response from Arizona Grand Golf Club on 05/01/2017:

Hey Tyler, thank you for the feedback and five star rating! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us, especially the course layout, course conditions, and staff friendliness! We appreciate your support and are so excited that we will be having you back soon. Thank you for stopping by Arizona Grand Golf Club and we look forward to providing an even better round next visit!

"Good course for the cost!"

jfalk98's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2017

The course was very short, but still fun and challenging. There is some beautiful scenery. The tee boxes were not very level and really patchy in areas. The course was in pretty good condition though. We showed up for an early AM tee time, and the starter was getting out carts so he told us it would be a little while. When we finally got our clubs on our cart it was 3 minutes before our start time so we didn't even get to use the practice balls and loosen up before our round. Overall a nice course, but with all the options in Phoenix probably won't frequent this club often.

Response from Johnson Ranch on 04/11/2017:

Thanks so much for playing here and for seeing great value in your round with us. We are so glad you loved the scenery and found good challenge playing at Johnson Ranch. We can only hope you come back more regularly, as we would love to see you back for more!

"Not your traditional course layout"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2017

Arizona Grand offers a unique resort type golf experience right in the middle of a busy urban area - the holes are challenging while at the same time offering some amazing views of the city of Phoenix as it winds through not only housing developments but also brings you up close to one of the biggest natural areas in any city in the USA, South Mountain Park. The par threes are amazing with the non traditional finishing hole being the best par three of all with an amazing view of the city.

Response from Arizona Grand on 04/06/2017:

So glad you loved the scenery and had a great time playing at Arizona Grand! We can't wait to see you back again!

"Great deal!"

Bogeybirdiepar's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2017

This course is old and fun.

Overall length is short. It starts out wide and tightens up on the back nine. Small greens, won't need a driver much. Lots of elevation change.

Condition was pretty good considering the price.

Challenging golf course requiring accurate tee shots and quality wedge shots.

Close to the airport so it is a great course to squeeze in right before that late evening flight!

Response from Arizona Grand on 04/06/2017:

Great tips for our newer golfers, thank you so much for sharing! We look forward to seeing you back at the golf course.

"Windy"

kwdkf49's avatar

Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

The course was in good shape although some of the greens were fairly thin. I played in a twosome and we were done in about 3 hours so it was a good day.

Response from Arizona Grand on 04/06/2017:

Awesome! Good to hear the course was in great shape for you and pace of play worked out too. We hope to see you back real soon!

brianwhitwell's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2017

Response from Arizona Grand on 04/06/2017:

Happy to see you saw great value playing here!

"Terrible Pace!"

byerly132's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2017

Tee time was at 10:08a on a Monday. First time playing this course. Driving range was a net you hit into? Tons of holes in the net, hit a few balls out into the course (dangerous). Fix that. Layout is a little funky but ok. Tee'd off about 15 min late, not bad. 4 hours later we completed hole 12. 4 hours!!!! First time in my life I've ever left a course. Instead of continuing our round and playing in 6 hours we decided to give up. The pace was terrible. We drove up through all the groups and found the problem group 3 holes in front of us. Nobody on hole 16 or 17. The Marshall came up to our group and blamed us! Zero chance dude. Get control of your course. I won't be back. Terrible experience. Waited on every shot.

Response from Arizona Grand on 04/05/2017:

We totally understand that must have been a frustrating experience that the pace of play was not acceptable during your round and the encounter with the marshal was not ideal to your enjoyment. We are sorry to hear this happened and do urge you to come back and try us again soon. Please contact us directly so we can sort something out for you, let us know the situation at handso we're aware: smahaffey@arizonagrandresort.com

"A returning player"

Azgogel's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2017

When we made the booking, which was just 24 hours ahead of time we booked for 2 groups and there were quite a few t times that were open which we took as a good sign. However when we arrived at the course there was no attendant at the bag drop or place to set the clubs. Since we heard about golfers having club stolen at several courses around town one of us went to park the car and the other one carried the clubs around to the back where the carts were stationed. The last time we played there was a so so driving range but now 2 years later there is only an enclosed net where you have to hit balls off of mats with only a very tiny putting green which is along side the first tee box. So essentially no practice/warm up facilities. When we arrived we were informed that there was a 15 minute delay in the t time which was puzzling considering our t times were just before 11 AM. There was no starter at the first tee and the pace of play was miserable. 2 1/2 hours for the front side which is wide open and having played there before and knowing that the back side is Desert, the pace would most likely only get slower. We finally saw a Marshall, on the back side that informed us that there was in fact a slow group that was holding things up but that's they might quit, which we learned later that they were then asked to skip a hole and move on. The entire day was very frustrating and we saw several groups actually give up and head in. I believe this is the last time that we will ever return, the staff was ok but seemed to be too many were just standing around. No practice facilities, no bag attendant, very slow pace of play and not enough marshals to handle a frustrating situation. Over a 5 hour round of golf. We can take our money and clubs and go where we will have a better experience.

Response from Arizona Grand on 04/05/2017:

We regret to hear that the pace of play and some of the other aspects of your round were not really up to your expectations. We do our best to ensure every golfer has the best and most timely experience possible, we're sorry you didnt get that kind of experience. We do urge you to give us another try soon, we want to make it up to you if we can. Please let us know while you're here how we can make your round great!