TPC Scottsdale - The Stadium Course

GPS: No

Practice bunker: Yes
Indoor practice facilities: Yes
Simulator: Yes

Dress code: Collared shirt required, no denim
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Tees | Layout

Championship 71 7261 yards 74.7 142
Players 71 6614 yards 71.5 131
Resort 71 6110 yards 68.4 123
Resort (W) 71 6110 yards 75.9 141
Forward 71 5464 yards 70.8 122

Average Rating 4.2 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near local attractions   Great for a bucket list/top 100 pick advanced golfers a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens water hazards   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views patio dining

"Fantastic shrimp tempura"

Alistair4779543's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

I was assigned to a company outing off the T and had a ball. Great company, great golf and fantastic 19th hole shushiama.

Commented on 04/20/2017

Alistair4779543,

Thank you for your feedback on your experience at TPC Scottsdale. Toro has an excellent menu (not to mention a great rum selection). We hope your visit from Scotland was memorable and that you'll have an opportunity to visit again soon.

"Disappointed"

MikeHudman50's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2017

I've golf all around the world and this course "was " on my list. I was so excited to play here. I'm really let down. The outside staff wasn't friendly, they rushed everything out group did. The price was too high for that late in the day. Pace of play was joke. 5 and half hour round. Really? Course wasn't in that good condition. They plugs the fairways, they didn't meantion that when we booked the tee time? Pins were cut really bad and in hard spots. Plus they had a shotgun go off right before our tee time. Didn't mention that either. Doesn't make sense. Plus the outside staff didn't say a word to us after the round. I mean I payed 300$ to play. You could at least clean my clubs. I don't like that they require a caddie. Our caddie did not read one single green for our group. And they want us to tip them 20$ for just walking around and talking? Very let down with this place. Has so much potential. There are many more nice courses that will take better care of you in the valley. Check them out. Thank you and bogeys sucks

Commented on 04/03/2017

MikeHudman50,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm sorry we were not able to meet your expectations. I would like to look into some of these service issues further and am wondering what date and tee time you played. Please reach out offline with our management team by calling 480-585-4334.

"Outside staff was rude"

Jordan5502355's avatar
Age:  Under 25

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2017

Save your money, afternoon tee time still cost 300$. Pace of play was horrible. If you pay that much to play a nice course. The staff should treat you good. They treated us like it was a hassle that we came and played. Caddie never helped with anything. Besides talk the whole time. At the end of the round the outside staff didn't even thank us for coming our nor did they offer to clean our clubs. Absolutely a joke of place. Never been treated like that before for that price. Course was in ok shape. Not going back ever again. Save your money

Commented on 03/31/2017

Jordan5502355,

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback about your experience on the Stadium course. We greatly apologize for not being able to meet your expectations. As disappointing as it is to hear we failed in our service standards, we do welcome any constructive feedback. At your convenience, please reach out to us offline to discuss in greater detail. You may reach out to management by calling 480-585-4334.

Regards,

"Awesome!"

pinggolf55's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/07/2017

Had a great time, course was fantastic!

Our caddie Robbie was amazing!!

Highly recommend

Commented on 03/09/2017

pinggolf55,

We thank you for choosing to play TPC Scottsdale knowing you have many options of great golf courses. We do have a great group of caddies this season, which really adds to the experience on the Stadium course. Conditions are still great post Waste Management Phoenix Open. How do you compare it to Chambers Bay? Thank you for visiting from Tacoma.

"Excellent Fore Caddy"

gjwash13's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/07/2017

The fore caddy we had (Drew) was excellent and kept the pace of play perfect.

Commented on 03/08/2017

gjwash13,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Our caddie program receives a lot of positive comments and only adds to the playing experience on the Stadium course. Complimentary forecaddies are included in the green fees between November and April. Come back and visit soon - next time you can also give the Champions course a try.

"TPC Scottsdale"

ADGS's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/25/2017

Course layout was fun and challenging. And The stands were still up on holes like 16 which allowed you to see what it was like when the pros played.even three weeks after the tournament,

Commented on 02/27/2017

ADGS,

Thank you for choosing to play TPC Scottsdale on your visit from CT. Playing with the grandstands still up is a fun and unique experience on the Stadium course. Just try to image 16,000 screaming fans on hole 16 as your enter the tunnel. We hope to see you back in TPC Scottsdale in the future - maybe stop by for the next WM Phoenix Open.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/01/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

"Is it worth the $$$?"

doughnutzpar's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/17/2016

The course is really fun to play. It is pricey considering they dial down the speed of the greens pre WM Open. I love the layout and the ambiance.

The experience wasn't worth the price but the last 4 holes are amazing. You always leave satisfied.

The pace was excellent. We teed off around 1 pm and still got in under 4 hours.

For all the forecaddies, the bunkers weren't in great conditions. For the price of mandatory FCs, there should not be a mis-raked bunker. FC did a good job.

Greens were okay - slower than the rest of the courses we played by alot (Southern Dunes, Talking Stick North)

Commented on 02/03/2017

doughnutzpar,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Playing the Stadium course around the time of the WMPO is a unique experience. Your comments regarding the bunkers and green speed have been forwarded to our maintenance department; and will be reviewed as we strive to provide an experience our customers expect from a TPC property. I hope you will consider playing at TPC Scottsdale in the future - next time you should try the Champions course as it is also a very well-maintained and challenging golf course.

"Rocco"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/29/2016

This course is very well layed out challenging very well maintained and a treat to play. Our caddy Andy was very knowledgeable fun and very helpful. Overall the experience was great and well worth the cost.

"Course in great condition"

Gskurchak's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/25/2016

Course in great condition

Getting ready for the Waste management

I'll be back to watch

"Top class challenge"

eia's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/20/2016

Challenging course as expected from a TPC course. Disappointing that no pre booking information given that it was 'cart path only' right up to tournament. Also, no reflection in the price for this or the wet condition of the course due to tournament preparation

Commented on 11/23/2016

Eia,

Thank you for your comments and for choosing to play TPC Scottsdale on your visit to Arizona. I'm not sure what date you played, but I"m sorry to hear you were not well notified of our CPO requirement at this time of year. The Stadium is cart path only from overseeding to the TOUR event in early February. Conditions are excellent right now and golfers will begin to notice faster greens and higher roughs as we get closer to tournament time. I hope you have an opportunity to come back and play TPC Scottsdale again - maybe try the Champions course next time.

"As advertised"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/20/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Excellent course, great staff. Had a life experience playing this course. Caddie as great as well!

"Awesome!!!"

CARNOUSTIELAD's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/06/2016

Loved it,, only in town so wanted to play decent treks... great layout ... great shape ... and the history involved in the course made it a must do in my opinion!!!

Commented on 11/08/2016

CARNOUTSTIELAD,

So glad you enjoyed the course. There is lots of great golf in Scottsdale, so it's nice to hear we provided the experience you were looking for. There are changes daily on the Stadium course as the grandstands continue to go up on holes 16-18. We are all looking forward to the WMPO in February. Come back and see us again soon.

"Must Play"

PJ5957795's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/25/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I didn't give it an Excellent rating because they had just opened it after September overseeing. Fairways were thick and the was almost no roll. Greens were also super slow. Guess October is not the month to play in it. I am sure this venue with the super layout and its difficulty is a must play course. Have to come back and play it under normal conditions.

Commented on 10/26/2016

PJ5957795,

You came a long way to play TPC Scottsdale. We know you have a lot of options so we thank you for choosing TPC. The Stadium course is a great course, but you happened to come at a time where most of us in Scottsdale are overseeding. Greens are a bit furry and much slower than usual. I hope you have another opportunity to visit from San Juan. November through April is ideal.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

"Great course."

Nashhays's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2016
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

It should be a must play on everyones list. They truly treat you like a pro. The final four holes are truly my favorite 4 finishing four holes in golf. 15 is a long par 5 with an Island green .16 is in my opinion one of the easiest holes on the course only play 168 yards to a back pin. 17 is a short par 4 that you can drive the green on and 18 is beautiful with the clubhouse and the mountains in the background.

Commented on 01/09/2017

Nashhays,

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback about your experience at TPC Scottsdale. The final four holes on the Stadium course are by far the most talked about. I think hole 15 is one of the most beautiful and interesting holes with water on the left and the island green. Hole 16 is relatively easy, but now imagine 16,000 fans screaming at you as you attempt to hit and hold the green. For anyone who plays between November and April we include a complimentary forecaddie experience - almost like the pros. The WMPO is in a few weeks. The holes you enjoy so much will look like completely different holes with all the grandstands. Thank you for choosing TPC Scottsdale.

"Fantastic experience"

benshaw's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/12/2016

Worth every minute of your time and money.

Commented on 10/26/2016

benshaw,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments. Both TPC Scottsdale courses are really fun to play; and you were able to get out right before overseeding, which isn't a practice in Oregon. We hope to see you again soon.

TPC Scottsdale Management

"TPC IS THE PLACE TO BE."

willieingram's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/07/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

played on a Wednesday and the weather was great. Overcast and a slight breeze, which made the first few holes (started on 10) a little more difficult.

the course was in great shape and the greens were fast and true.

pace of play was also great, although i didn't want to rush thru and not totally enjoy this awesome course.

my only complaint would be that i wish they had more time available when the rates are under $100.

i would definitely play a few times.

Commented on 09/13/2016

willieingram

Conditions are good on Stadium right now as we will begin preparations for the WMPO soon. Our rates will be going up the end of this week but there will be some online specials running throughout the next couple months. You can also get word of individual and buddy group specials in our weekly email newsletters. Mark your calendar for Scottsdale Golf Week December 5 - lots of great things happening in the area during that time.

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

"Awesome course"

Pete3779456's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2016

Another off my bucket list

Commented on 09/08/2016

Pete3779456

I'm glad we could oblige with your bucket list; and that you had an excellent time on the Stadium Course. Hopefully, we'll see you out here again soon - maybe during tournament time.

"TPC Scottsdale"

u000006193700's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Without the grandstands, the drama is absent and the course is somewhat boring. For someone who has never played please do so but don't expect a golf course experience.

Commented on 09/02/2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. It is a much different playing experience when the structures for the WMPO are up. In fact, they will start to go up early October. Most golfers don't even recognize hole 16 when the structures aren't there. Think about visiting again in January when the stands are nearly complete.

TPC Scottsdale Management

"Try This Course at Least Once"

rkolisar's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/23/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

After attending the Phoenix Open many years, I played this course with a friend to mark it off our bucket list. We both were somewhat disappointed after our afternoon round. The course just seemed like many other nice courses in the area, but just more expensive. Unfortunately, it rained that morning and it was cart path only. That never helps your golf experience, especially when you have very high expectations for the course. The fairways were only in okay shape, but it has been a rough summer. The green were in better shape with many undulations to make it challenging. The course does play long. Everyone working at the course was very helpful and friendly. Would I recommend it to a friend? Only if you have never played it. There is much better value in the metro area.

Commented on 09/02/2016

rkolisar,

Your feedback is valuable to us. We've only had a couple rainstorms this summer and it sounds like you happened to play after one. The Stadium Course is definitely a 'bucket list' for so many golfers. It's really fun to play when the structures are up for the WMPO. Hopefully, you'll have a chance to play again when we have peak conditions.