TPC Scottsdale - The Stadium Course

GPS: No

Practice bunker: Yes
Indoor practice facilities: Yes
Simulator: Yes

Dress code: Collared shirt required, no denim
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Championship 71 7261 yards 74.7 142
Players 71 6614 yards 71.5 131
Resort 71 6110 yards 68.4 123
Resort (W) 71 6110 yards 75.9 141
Forward 71 5464 yards 70.8 122

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near local attractions   Great for a bucket list/top 100 pick advanced golfers a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens water hazards   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views patio dining

"The Holy Grail"

Pja14's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

This course is only for the best of the best. If you are not a single digit handicap, don't bother playing from the tips. If you are a weekend golfer who likes to play resort courses and take mulligans every other hole, this course is not for you, leave this course for the big boys and the purists.

Commented on 07/10/2017

Pja14,

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm not sure when you played but we hope you enjoyed your time at TPC Scottsdale. We have two great golf courses and each has its risk/reward shots and challenging holes. Of course, the Stadium is most recognized and considered the "bucket list" course with some exceptional finishing holes 15-18. We do recommend golfers play the tee box appropriate for their handicap; and one probably shouldn't be playing from the tips without a single digit handicap. We hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards,

"Loved it!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/02/2017

Had so much fun playing this course. The staff was super nice from the moment I got out of my car. I took advantage of the off-season rates, and couldn't have been more happy. The course was in great shape, maybe a little soaked in some areas, but nothing terrible. I felt like a tourist on the course, especially at 13 with Tigers rock, and of course 15, 16, 17 and 18. Was happy to par 15 and same with 16 after missing the green. It was great to see this place in person after watching it on TV for so long. I recommend anyone get out there and play it if they can.

Commented on 07/04/2017

Thank you for visiting TPC Scottsdale from New Mexico. We're so happy to hear you had a fun day on the course. Nice job on making par at 15 and 16. Hole 16 is a fairly short par 3, but many golfers feel intimidated when they play it, especially when the grandstands are surrounding it. We hope you come back and see us again soon. Next time you can play the Champions course, often considered a favorite of locals.

Cort4275824's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2017

perrybergelt's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/21/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

"Out of town clowns"

Jason4057255's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2017

It's always a bummer when you get paired with another twosome that can't golf. They couldn't reach any of the par 4's in 2 from the white tees. I feel rushed when it's finally my time to hit because they have hit 4 times already. That took the fun out of yesterday's round.

Commented on 07/04/2017

Jason,

We appreciate you choosing to play TPC Scottsdale. We try to meet service expectations of each of our guests but we are not in a position to pair groups of golfers by handicap or ability level. The great thing about the sport is that it does welcome all ages and abilities. The only way one can potentially avoid being paired with higher handicap players is to book a foursome. You may want to look into some golf apps such as "Golfmatch," which has the ability to pair you with like golfers with similar interests.

Best Regards,

TPC Scottsdale Management Team

"Great experience except for the marshal."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

My two adult sons and I go on an annual one-week golf trip each summer. This year we picked Phoenix. On Tuesday, June 6th we had an early tee time at TPC Scottsdale because of the heat. The course was in great shape. The golf shop people were friendly and the people handling the bags and cart girl were friendly and efficient. We started at 6:40a.m and played our round in 4 hours, 10 minutes.

I would say it was a perfect experience, except for one aspect. About the third hole the marshal came by and told us he had told the people in front of us to “pick it up” and he wanted us to “stay on them”. A few holes later, the same marshal came by again and told us to “stay on those people in front of you, and don’t let them relax.” Apparently, he was telling everybody that because when he appeared again a few holes later, I told him that while one of my sons was waiting in the fairway for the green to clear so he could hit his ball, one of the golfers behind us hit a ball to within 3 feet of him. His comment was, “Oh, they fired a warning shot, huh?”

I find it interesting that while we had looked forward to playing this course we see on TV every year, and had an otherwise enjoyable time, whenever we talk about it, the first thing we remember is the marshal. I assume he was just following instructions from higher ups, but you get tired of hearing somebody telling you to “pick it up” when there is no place to go. As was, we played our round quicker than their recommended time.

Commented on 06/13/2017

To the golfer from Sacramento,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback about your experience at TPC Scottsdale. It's good you were able to get in a nice round before the extreme heat comes in this week. Although Sacramento and the Valley could be somewhat similar at times. The course has been in pretty good conditions considering we have been transitioning into our summer season and grasses. I must apologize for the behavior of our player assistance staff. We are looking into your complaint and will be addressing further. Sometime in the future you should return with your sons to experience the Waste Management Phoenix Open. It's a sight to behold....and a fun golf course to play when the grandstands are all up. Thank you for visiting TPC Scottsdale.

gilmore44's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2017

"Very good experience"

Patman811's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The course was in perfect condition. Greens were fast but not too fast and plenty of bunkers. While the course is extremely well manicured I found the design layout to be a little uninspired.

Commented on 06/01/2017

Patman811,

We thank you for choosing to play TPC Scottsdale while visiting from Fort Worth. Course conditions have been good, especially as we transition into our summer Bermuda grass. Temps haven't been too hot, yet. But we expect things to heat up very soon. Next time you might also want to consider playing our Champions course, which is more of a desert layout. We appreciate your feedback.

"Bucket list"

Tripledlight's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2017

Great great course. Staff couldn't be any friendlier. Sand bunkers are amazing. And 16, 17, and 18 are great finishing holes.

Commented on 05/23/2017

Tripledlight,

We're so pleased you had an opportunity to visit from Denver. Thanks for playing TPC Scottsdale and for taking the time to give us your feedback. Holes 15-18 are great finishing holes. All these holes were renovated back in 2014. Hole 16 looks so much different when the grandstands are down. Have you ever played around the time of the WM Phoenix Open? Plays like a different course at that time. We hope you have a chance to come back and visit again soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2017

"TPC- Always nice"

None's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

This is an excellent course but the price is not worth it. We thoroughly enjoyed the round but there are so many courses that provide great experiences for a fracture of the price.

TPC is the prestige golf course, which dictates the price.

Commented on 05/22/2017

We hope you enjoyed your visit to Scottsdale; and thank you for choosing to play TPC Scottsdale. There is a lot of great golf in North Scottsdale. The Stadium course rates are based on a dynamic pricing model. We typically drop rates in mid-April, May and summer. We hope you have an opportunity to come back in season to experience play before or after the pros (WM Phoenix Open). All the grandstands are up and we offer complimentary forecaddies with your round. Thank you for your feedback.

"Major disappointment"

pitchputtnfish's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2017

What a disappointment today. For $225 per round after tax I expected a whole lot more. Summer time weather conditions with it being nearly 100° yet still charged full spring rates? As a whole, the course is in horrible shape. No notification or condition warnings about seasonal work bring done. Mowers and weedeaters on virtually every hole all day long. Fairways were in ok shape but the rough is all yellowed out. Greens were obviously just aerated and sanded...it was like putting on concrete and not a single shot would hold the green. I know there's a giant tournament held here every February, but you think they could throw some sod down on the plots where there were grandstand posts on 16, 17 or 18? I mean....it has been 3 months. When booking this round it was advertised with a "Four-Caddie" to be included. On the 1st tee, we were told the 4 caddies stopped last week...what the heck did we pay extra for? And at that price, nothing else complimentary included? When I played here a few years ago, we got a couple complimentary water bottles, a sleeve of ProV1's, a bag tag, and a couple granola bars. Today, we got fresh ice in the ice chest and a bag tag. That's it.... AND we were advised no outside refreshments at check in so what's the point of fresh ice? Gps golf carts slow to an embarrassing crawl if your tee shot strays and you drive outside the fairway to find a ball. Not everyone is a scratch golfer who hits EVERY fairway ya know, not even the PROS. So yeah, a very dissatisfied customer today. It will be along time before I play TPC Scottsdale again. The west valley has dozens of courses in better condition for a 1/4 the price.

Commented on 05/03/2017

pitchputtnfish,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments and feedback. We clearly were not able to meet your expectations during your visit to TPC Scottsdale's Stadium course. Rather than addressing each of your comments in this review, we'd like to ask if you could please reach out to us offline by contacting management at (480) 585-4334. As far as messaging and communication of information it will help to know if you booked through GolfNow or directly with TPC Scottsdale. Without your feedback we wouldn't be able to address and improve upon specific services issues you experienced during your visit.

With sincere apologies,

"Fantastic shrimp tempura"

Alistair4779543's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

I was assigned to a company outing off the T and had a ball. Great company, great golf and fantastic 19th hole shushiama.

Commented on 04/20/2017

Alistair4779543,

Thank you for your feedback on your experience at TPC Scottsdale. Toro has an excellent menu (not to mention a great rum selection). We hope your visit from Scotland was memorable and that you'll have an opportunity to visit again soon.

"Disappointed"

MikeHudman50's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2017

I've golf all around the world and this course "was " on my list. I was so excited to play here. I'm really let down. The outside staff wasn't friendly, they rushed everything out group did. The price was too high for that late in the day. Pace of play was joke. 5 and half hour round. Really? Course wasn't in that good condition. They plugs the fairways, they didn't meantion that when we booked the tee time? Pins were cut really bad and in hard spots. Plus they had a shotgun go off right before our tee time. Didn't mention that either. Doesn't make sense. Plus the outside staff didn't say a word to us after the round. I mean I payed 300$ to play. You could at least clean my clubs. I don't like that they require a caddie. Our caddie did not read one single green for our group. And they want us to tip them 20$ for just walking around and talking? Very let down with this place. Has so much potential. There are many more nice courses that will take better care of you in the valley. Check them out. Thank you and bogeys sucks

Commented on 04/03/2017

MikeHudman50,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm sorry we were not able to meet your expectations. I would like to look into some of these service issues further and am wondering what date and tee time you played. Please reach out offline with our management team by calling 480-585-4334.

"Outside staff was rude"

Jordan5502355's avatar
Age:  Under 25

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2017

Save your money, afternoon tee time still cost 300$. Pace of play was horrible. If you pay that much to play a nice course. The staff should treat you good. They treated us like it was a hassle that we came and played. Caddie never helped with anything. Besides talk the whole time. At the end of the round the outside staff didn't even thank us for coming our nor did they offer to clean our clubs. Absolutely a joke of place. Never been treated like that before for that price. Course was in ok shape. Not going back ever again. Save your money

Commented on 03/31/2017

Jordan5502355,

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback about your experience on the Stadium course. We greatly apologize for not being able to meet your expectations. As disappointing as it is to hear we failed in our service standards, we do welcome any constructive feedback. At your convenience, please reach out to us offline to discuss in greater detail. You may reach out to management by calling 480-585-4334.

TPC Scottsdale Management Team

"MOST OVERPRICED AND OVERRATED GOLF COURSE"

mcarlson0522's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/24/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

The good: Staff is very friendly. Course conditions were excellent. Always fun to play where the pros do. Practice area is phenomenal.

THE BAD: TPC Scottsdale is a good golf course but I'm not sure I'd even put it in my top 10 in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. Courses just off the top of my head that would crush the TPC Scottsdale (Stadium) in layout and "fun" is Quintero, Wickenburg Ranch, 2 courses at Troon North, 2 courses at WeKoPa, Raven Verrado, AK Chin Southern Dunes. Bottom line is 300 bucks is just asinine, can't believe people pay even close to that dollar amount. I know how to splurge but will definitely not pay that kind of money. Paid around 100 after reseeding a few years back, if you can get the rate for under 150 I'd say go ahead, other than that stay away or you probably will be disappointed.

Commented on 05/01/2017

mcarlson0522,

We know you have many golf options in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area and thank you for giving TPC Scottsdale Stadium course a try. We are aware it is a bucket list course for many, especially around the dates of the Waste Management Phoenix Open when all the grandstands are up. I'm sorry we weren't able to provide a product deemed "of value" to you. As you mention, Scottsdale has many excellent courses to choose from. Next time you're in Scottsdale you may want to consider playing the Champions course, which is about half the price of the Stadium course. Thank you for your comments,

"Beautiful place"

rgeorgetti3's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2017

Great course, great conditions. Awesome to see the stadium hole and play the same course as some of the pros!

Commented on 06/30/2017

rgeorgetti3,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your time at TPC Scottsdale. It is a unique experience to be able to play a course that's played by PGA TOUR pros. Hole 16 can be such a different hole to play depending on whether or not the grandstands are up. We appreciate you choosing to play TPC Scottsdale and hope to see you again in the near future.

"Awesome!"

pinggolf55's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/07/2017

Had a great time, course was fantastic!

Our caddie Robbie was amazing!!

Highly recommend

Commented on 03/09/2017

pinggolf55,

We thank you for choosing to play TPC Scottsdale knowing you have many options of great golf courses. We do have a great group of caddies this season, which really adds to the experience on the Stadium course. Conditions are still great post Waste Management Phoenix Open. How do you compare it to Chambers Bay? Thank you for visiting from Tacoma.

"Excellent Fore Caddy"

gjwash13's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/07/2017

The fore caddy we had (Drew) was excellent and kept the pace of play perfect.

Commented on 03/08/2017

gjwash13,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Our caddie program receives a lot of positive comments and only adds to the playing experience on the Stadium course. Complimentary forecaddies are included in the green fees between November and April. Come back and visit soon - next time you can also give the Champions course a try.

"TPC Scottsdale"

ADGS's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/25/2017

Course layout was fun and challenging. And The stands were still up on holes like 16 which allowed you to see what it was like when the pros played.even three weeks after the tournament,

Commented on 02/27/2017

ADGS,

Thank you for choosing to play TPC Scottsdale on your visit from CT. Playing with the grandstands still up is a fun and unique experience on the Stadium course. Just try to image 16,000 screaming fans on hole 16 as your enter the tunnel. We hope to see you back in TPC Scottsdale in the future - maybe stop by for the next WM Phoenix Open.