Monument at Troon North Golf Club

Fairways: Bermuda grass

Pull-carts: No
Caddies: Yes, caddies and forecaddies
GPS: No

Dress code: Collared shirt required, no denim
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Tees | Layout

Silver 72 6236 yards 69.2 130
Copper (W) 72 5874 yards 72.8 137
Cooper 72 5874 yards 68.4 126
Jade 72 5099 yards 64.9 118
Jade (W) 72 5099 yards 68.5 121

Average Rating 4.6 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for a bucket list/top 100 pick advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers forced carries elevation changes   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views patio dining

"Their problem became our problem! Poorly managed course!"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2017

This place is set up to maximize revenue. Put as many people on the course as possible and deliver poor customer service at a premium price. It's probably worth a call to the pro shop to see if the course is being used that day for multiple tournaments and events. Unfortunately we arrived when it was total chaos because they had back to back shotguns. Front desk person was flat and unfriendly. Golf attendants were very busy and ignored us so we found our cart and the practice range where there were no available spots, mostly because they didn't set up the space. Play was extremely slow and when we asked the ranger what was going on, he said we should expect a 5 hour round and didn't really get why we were irritated. Frankly, the pace was in excess of a five hour round. This course doesn't come back around to the club house after 9 holes, so take advantage of the bathrooms on the course. Cart lady came around once on a hot day. We left after 14 holes. The two others we were paired with left after 12 holes.

u000007592007's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2017

"Juarez"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2017

Was a fun course , was slightly hungover so the front 9 didn't go so hot . Bought some tequila shots from the cart lady and crushed some brews and turned it back around on the back . Alice cooper was on the course also . Pretty cool . Must play if your in the area .

"A true Kilt Lifter"

Alistair4779543's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2017

An absolutely wonderful Arizona morning saw us tee off at 7.40 sharp. Every hole was so individual and we felt we could have been the only golfers on the course. Each hole is so well sculptured but so unforgiving if wayward of the often tight fairways.

"Fantastic..."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2017

I played Troon North two days back to back, Monument, then Pinnacle. The experience was close to perfect, from the moment you enter the property until you leave. Not sure I've ever played a course in better condition. I'm an 8 hdcp...the Monument was maybe a little more scenic, but if felt the Pinnacle was a little more enjoyable to play. Will definitely play here again if in Phoenix.

"Troop North"

Jhguilfoyle's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2017

I played this many years ago and the yesterday. Monument course now original front nine and back nine is the original front nine of Pinnacle. Course was as great as I remember it. It is truly superior in most every way. Clearly one of the best in the US .

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2017

"Expectations met!"

Bill4747775's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2017

Many courses have a reputation of greatness or excellence as did Troon. Many don't live up to their reputation. Troon met or exceeded all my expectations and hope to play it again someday. Beautiful, well maintained, landscaped course. Greens were on the fast side but the ran true. Highly recommended.

"One of the Best Courses in the World"

Andy804's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Just an awesome place to play golf. Yes, you are paying good money to play, but the course conditions, staff, beautiful scenery, and overall experience is top class.

Everyone on the staff makes sure you are taken care of. I can't emphasize this enough. This is how you would want to be treated.

The course is prefect green and the grass is extremely well kept. I found the greens quick, but not ridiculous. The design of the course is nice. The location and scenery is just incredible.

I have played many of the great courses in the world, and I would rate Troon North right up there with all of them. It's just a wonderful experience.

I even got to talk briefly with Alice Cooper, who is a golf nut and friendly. He still pushes the Callaway gear.

This is one of the courses that should be on everyone's bucket list. You won't be disappointed.

"Great Golf Course"

Robert8095138's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/20/2017

This golf course is rated one of the best courses in Scottsdale and I would agree. Pristine conditions and a friendly staff make it all worth it. You have to play here at least once in your life.

"Cart Path Only Stinks"

crackasnowflake's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/01/2017

They don't tell you it's cart path only until after you have already made the reservation. I would have changed it, but couldn't because of the fees. Other than that it was fun.

"Throw away $300+"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/28/2017

Threesome followed by threesome followed twosome followed by onesome followed by twosome .... left my wife and I quitting after six holes and two hours. Sunset was heading our way.

You get the point, pay top $ after rain delay with zero consideration of customer satisfaction by mgt ... not happy.

Commented on 03/08/2017

So sorry for your experience. Would love an opportunity to discuss this in further detail. If you choose, my email address is sleon@troon.com

"Drain well"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/28/2017

We were caught in some big downpours in the course trained very well especially greens

"Beautiful course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/27/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Spectacular course. Five separate tee choices made for the perfect overall yardage choice. My wife loved the ladies tees which were at times 100 yards closer then the men's tees. Weather turned cold on us and it rained for about half the round which was unexpected. Course condition was impeccable though. Best we've experienced so far here in the Scottsdale area.

"Memorable Day Great course"

Greg3274401's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/17/2017

I've wanted to play this course for years and thrilled I had the chance this year. The course is in fabulous condition. Fairways were lush and the ball sat up consistently on all 18 holes. Greens held shots well and rolled true and fast. Scenery was awesome. The course was challenging but fair. I played the gold tees and at 6700 yards demanded long and short iron shots alike. Great day and a memorable round. Can't wait to come back at play again! Thanks for a great day Troon North staff!!

"Best Public course in Scottsdale"

walterzjr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2017

We played as a threesome on the Monument course on a Thursday afternoon. Arrived early to have a nice lunch overlooking the putting green prior to hitting the range.

The course was in great condition and the greens rolled well and had nice speed. I hit a variety of different clubs from the tee in order to keep it on the fairway, which is key here. The GPS on the carts is a plus.

We played in 4 hours which is great for an afternoon round. A must play if your in the area.

"Fantastic in Every Way"

frankiedino's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/31/2017

Top notch staff, incredible facility, one of the better pro shops I have ever been in that wasnt a pga tour tract, immaculate greens/fairways. Challenging but not unfair. Honestly, one of my favorite courses I have ever played anywhere in the US.

"Must play"

Icerog's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/30/2017
First time playing Perfect weather

Great course in excellent condition. Fairways were excellent. Played every shot "down" except for one when I was in an unrepaired divot. Greens rolled great...about a 10-10 1/2 on the stimp. They were bentgrass but fighting a poa invasion. The greens still rolled great but I was told they were going to be re-done .

My only disappointment was I had reserved the round at a rate of $146 but was charged $165......still a good rate for the course but really didn't get a satisfactory answer as to the "why" of the change.

Despite that only blemish....I would highly recommend this a must play course.

"Top Notch!"

Golfstatto's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/25/2017

Got a great GN rate for a midday teetime and got to the course early enough to use the range. Great welcome service from the bag drop and Pro when checking in. Good quality range and range balls so a good warm up and a test of the putting stroke before being sent to the first tee.

We had expected to be paired up with another couple but the starter let us go as a two although this was a bit frustrating for the first few holes being behind a very slow 4 Ball. However the Marshall soon sorted that out and we were let through very promptly so having played the first 3 holes in just under an hour we then played millionaire golf for the rest of the round without seeing anyone else in front and finished in just under 4 hours so great POP.

Carts are well equipped with a good Touch screen GPS that made my range finder redundant

Course was immaculately prepared with only a couple of holes, apart from the short holes, being cart path only which was understandable given the recent heavy rains in this area. Greens were very good, not overly quick, some evidence of pitch marks but given our teetime these may just have been from the mornings play.

Overall a great experience. We'd played Boulders twice earlier in the holiday and thought that course would be difficult to beat but I felt the undulating fairways of Troon Pinnacle just pipped the North at Boulders but both course get a 5 Star rating from me and my wife.

Swing slow!

"Perfect timing"

tzfamily's avatar
Plays:  Twice a year

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/22/2017

I Looked on your web site for deals on playing a nice course in Phoenix area for after church on Sunday. I was very surprised to find Troon North had one tee time available at 11:25 am at half price! It was at the perfect time for my friend and I to go to church and still have time to get to the course. Anyone who has played Troon North knows what an awesome course it is and we were thankful to get to play it at such a great price.