Dell Urich at Randolph Golf Course

Type: Public
Style: Traditional
Greens: Bermuda Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Dress code: Shirt and shoes required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Forward (W) 70 5270 yards 68.8 113

Average Rating 3.5 stars from 5
Overall Condition: 3.7 stars from 5
Food & Beverage: 3.7 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions worth the drive   Great for locals seniors walkers   Challenges include bunkers thick rough plays long   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

"Randolph"

jace520's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/07/2014

Course is in good shape, rough is a lil too deep for a muni course, but good value.

"good deal"

u019971816's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Fairways and greens in good condition. Rough is deep and cousre was kinda crowded.

Player Tip: the rough is really deep. Maybe plan to lose soe balls

Overall Condition: Excellent

"Thick grass"

samkeogh's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

I was pleasantly surprised overall. Was told I might be disappointed on the condition of the course. It wasn't that bad. If you weren't in the fairway, the rough was really thick and made it really tough to find any balls.

18 Hole Pace of Play: >5 hrs

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Very nice condition"

cheezluvr0's avatar
Handicap: 20-24

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2014
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

Del Urich is in great condition, play was fast, maybe due to light rain that was refreshing...nice attendants now carry your bag and clean your clubs, new carts :)

"Good Times"

Iowatransplant's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2014
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Randolph Golf Course; Employees were very polite and courteous. Brand new golf carts and the price was right. Fairways and greens were a little rough due to over seeding in 2 weeks.

Course Difficulty: Somewhat Challenging

"Fairways were green & clean"

ornelasart's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2014
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Fairways were green & clean with some high grass. Thick rough.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Great fun"

Netos's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2014
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

It was great playing with 4 other guys that play like I do. After 4 months of not playing it fun.

Overall Condition: Excellent

"Course has character"

jgiles1950's avatar
Age: 55-64

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Bare spots that need attention. Sand traps need additional sand. Stay in the fairway, the rough is very thick. Your ball will settle in the rough which makes it hard to find and even harder to get out. I don't mind this as it's part of the game. This is just a heads-up to prepare potential players. It's a challenge. I really like the layout and variety of the holes. This was on the Dell Urich course, not Randolph North.

Player Tip: Keep it out of the rough. Very penal and you may lose a lot of balls.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Needs some TLC"

AirFed's avatar
Age: 45-54

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Labor Day Pace is understandable

Course conditions - recently under new management, it has regressed slightly: the greens were inconsistent and difficult to judge; there was way too much crabgrass in the fairways; the rough was punishingly long, it could have been just slightly shorter for recreational golfers to enjoy. It's time to put sand (not desert dirt) in the bunkers.

Course difficulty - Needs review: Though it's pretty open, it's slightly higher than a 115 slope from the white tees.

I would recommend a different course to friends.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Del Urich"

jmccollom's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2014

The course would be much more enjoyable to the novice golfer if the rough were cut down a bit. the composition of the rough is very dense and difficult.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

Overall Condition: Average

"Lush golf"

Age: 65+
Skill: Advanced
Handicap: 5-9

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2014

I always enjoy playing this course and have never really been dissappointed. The course is in great shape as far as the greens and fairways are concerned except, if you go off the fairway you will have a very hard time finding your ball because the rough is REALLY rough. I guess the mowers just can't keep up. There are parts of golf balls all over the place because the mowers can't see them in the rough and end up chopping them up. Other than that, it is a fun course.

"Great course"

ArizonaBlue's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2014

Dell Urich has always been a great course. This time was a bit more challenging as the rough was rough ... about 3". Keeping it in the fairway was a must.

Course Difficulty: Somewhat Challenging

"A little sprinkles never killed anybody"

kenneth525's avatar
Skill: Beginner
Handicap: 25+

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2014

Not my first walk in the park but was an enjoyable round for this beginner. I played as a single and ran into a few groups on the way and they let me play through. beautiful 17th green was a challenge but was overcome by good club choice.

"Fun Muni"

wdbs77's avatar
Skill: Advanced

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2014

Always fun and challenging. I'm a 14 handicap who drives ball around 200 yds. Unless you drive the ball at least 230-240 I would play the red tees. Very long course but challenging. White tees approx 6400 yards.

Course Difficulty: Somewhat Challenging

"Poor staff rating due to starter"

drflexx's avatar
Age: 35-44

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/18/2014
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I had never played this course before and was paired up with a three-some as I went as a single. I checked in with the starter about 10 minutes before my tee time and he said I was being paired with a group that was not quite there yet. They were in the restaurant apparently. I told the starter I would get out of the way and wait for the group at the putting green which is across from the starter podium. When the time for teeing off had come I went to the starter and asked where the group was and he said " there on the tee box." I asked why nobody called me when they arrived, and he said "we don't do that here, we don't keep track of the time for you, you should have been ready to go." I reminded him that he had paired me with a group and that I did not know who they were so he should have at least called me when they arrived. So when I tried to catch the group they had already gone down the fairway. So I went back to the starter and told him that because he had not told me who they were in time, the group he paired me with had left. He said, "well you better go catch them." I asked if he told them that I was playing with them and he said yes. So I said why would I go catch them if they left without me knowing I was paired with them, obviously they didn't like being paired and wanted to leave me behind, and you want me to catch them and lose part of my game? He said, "well, I don't know what you are going to do but decide, either catch them or go see if they can get you on the other course, I have others waiting to go and it is full." So, I just decided to go talk with the group I was paired with. I caught up with them at the 2nd hole, the group said they would never have left without me had somebody told them I was paired with them. So, to be clear, I asked if the starter never told them I was going to play with them, and they said yes he never told them. They said the starter simply said it was time for them to tee off. I really did not appreciate being lied to, also I did not appreciate losing part of my round because of this starter. I checked with the pro shop and they said that they do in fact call golfers at their times. They said they were sorry but that the starter is new. That was pretty much all that was done about it. Disappointed to say the least. Felt very humiliated being talked to that way in front of other golfers.

"Dell Urich"

marbris3's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/17/2014

Rolling hills create uneven stance which makes it more challenging. Rough to deep for my taste. Airing of greens made putting difficult.

"Not ready for play"

u000002035577's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/11/2014

The course was not mowed. The greens had been punched and the residual was left on greens which made them and putting unpredictable. The fairways were loaded with large patches of crab grass. This course has been in much better shape previously.

Overall Condition: Fair

Course Difficulty: Fairly Easy

"don't play it now"

nrocker's avatar
Age: 65+

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/10/2014

had great hopes for OB golf taking over rough is longer then open roof greens are bumpy very little sand in the bunkers probably a good idea to wait until after the monsoons and they get some new mowers

18 Hole Pace of Play: 4 3/4 hrs