The Views Golf Club at Oro Valley

4.2027000000 4.2 stars from 5 (291)

• 1555 E. Rancho Vistoso Blvd., Oro Valley, Arizona 85755, Pima County

Practice bunker: Yes
Practice hole: No
Simulator: No
Golf school / academy: No

Dress code: Proper golf attire is required on the course and when using the practice facilities.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Teal (W) 72 5260 yards 71.1 119

Average Rating 4.2 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for wildlife/ scenic views locals advanced golfers   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining brunch

"Great course great value"

kyledkelly's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2017

A very enjoyable round, we were a twosome paired with another two some. There was one twosome behind us that we let play through after that it was smooth sailing. Condition was wonderful, the greens speed changed as the day go warmer. Pace of play was amazing. Layout was forgiving most of the time, very few washes to carry. Only one water hole, so that was nice. Driving range was pretty open on a Saturday morning. Saw the beverage cart once. Would recommend this course to anyone wanting a quick round that isn't an executive course. Wonderful wonderful wonderful!

Commented on 07/05/2017

Thank you so much for your generous review. We truly appreciate your detailed input and are very pleased to read that you had such a wonderful, positive experience. We strive to make sure our guests have the best experience possible. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Paul9909327's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2017

Commented on 07/05/2017

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased to see that you had a fantastic time here and hope to see you again soon.

"Restaurant problems"

tomartin42's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2017
Used cart Windy weather

Course was fine, greens fast but the restaurant is not player friendly. Breakfast and lunch until 2PM. Closed 2-3 then dinner menu after 3. Food nothing to brag about.

Commented on 07/05/2017

Thank you for your review. Your comment has been passed along to the appropriate departments. We appreciate your input and hope to see you again here soon.

"DAD & SON Time"

mark5689316's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2017

2nd time playing.

Can't putt but we played well besides that.

Very fair landing areas and pace of play is outstanding!! Beautiful views. Best value for my money and would suggest anyone try this course.

Will play more because I can afford too:)

Mark

Commented on 05/31/2017

Mark - Thank you very much for this very kind review. It is so nice to read that your dad and son time was very enjoyable and you had fun. Isn't that what it's all about? We hope you both come back and play here soon.

"rather rough"

stockman2's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

recent major maintenance on the greens and fairways made for some rough conditions....

Commented on 05/31/2017

Thank you for your comment. Unfortunately, the least desirable conditions occur during this time of year as we are starting the progress of killing rye grass on fairways, tees and aprons around greens. One grass dead, and another trying to fill in. Course conditions are fantastic starting in the middle of July. You will be amazed by the condition. We hope you will come back and play here soon.

"The Views are Amazing"

Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2017

This course has amazing views. The course is a more playable course compared to the normal desert type courses. The fairways are wide. The greens roll well and are well manicured. This course is a fun and enjoyable track. The price seems understated for the value and the experience.

Commented on 05/31/2017

Thank you very much for your review. We are so happy to read that you had an enjoyable game, and we met your expectations. Our golf staff and maintenance team work very hard to make sure each player has the kind of golfing experience that you did. We look forward to you coming out and playing here soon.

"Disappointing Compared to Previous Experiences"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2017

This was my fourth time playing The Views. Each experience was very good until now. It would be helpful to know ahead of time (not at check in) if 1/2 the course was to be aerated with sand top dressing. They had us start on the 10th hole. Each fairway (except par 3's) was like hitting out of a sand trap Not much fun. When we made the turn to the 1st hole, fairways had not yet been aerated, so a somewhat better experience. Saw the course Marshall on the 6th hole coming back. When we were teeing off on 6, instead of pulling over, he continued to drive toward us. Lack of golf etiquette and rude. When I asked why we weren't informed sooner about aeration on the back nine, he surprisingly asked how much I paid. ($40 thru Golf Now). Would it make a difference if I paid full price?? Not a good way to deal with paying repeat customers!

Commented on 05/31/2017

We are sorry to read that you did not have a good experience with us recently as we strive to make sure every guest has a great time. Anything less is not acceptable. It is to our understanding that the booking engine did have an aerification alert on there, so we are going to look into this. Would you please help us by contacting kgriggs@theviewsgolfclub.com to talk further?

"Classic desert wash course"

MoonRanch's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2017

We enjoyed The Views golf course. The course was a bit dry, but well maintained. The greens rolled true and were moderately fast. Great day.

Commented on 05/31/2017

Thank you very much for your comment. Very pleased to read you had a good day of golf. As far as the course goes, unfortunately, the least desirable conditions occur during this time of year as we are starting the progress of killing ryegrass on fairways, tees and aprons around greens. One grass dead, and another trying to fill in. Course conditions are fantastic starting in the middle of July. We certainly hope you come back and continue to play.

"Strongly recommend"

Cassidy3005515's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2017

Beautiful views, as the name says it all! Great pace of play, great condition and very friendly staff.

Commented on 05/02/2017

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to read that you had a great time. We do strive for all our guests to have the same kind of golfing experience that you did, and it is so nice to see that we did just that. We do hope you will come back and play on the course again soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2017

Commented on 05/02/2017

Thank you so much for your comment. We hope you will come back and play at the course again soon.

"The Views played in April 2017"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2017

I have played this course 2 times previously and it had been fun and a good value. This time I was very disappointed at how thin the grass on the fairways was. Course layout and scenic views are great---just needs some grass.

Commented on 05/02/2017

Thank you for your feedback! We are transitioning fairways, tees and greens from winter rye grass to summer Bermuda grass. One grass is dying and one is just starting to grow. Between May and July, the golf course always has thin fairways and tees. By mid-July, the golf course is in great conditions again. Necessary process to ensure long term health of golf course. Every golf course that overseeds has to go through the process at some point. The golf course supervisor chose to do it early in the summer so it heals faster. If you come visit us again by July, you will see the course in amazing condition. We hope you will play again here soon.

"Sun City Course - Plays Extremely Slow"

NancyEFuller's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2017
First time playing Used cart Verified Purchaser

We left after nine holes, as the pace of play was incredibly slow. The Starter/Ranger did nothing to speed up a foursome two groups ahead of us. We had three groups stacked up behind us. Finally, my husband gave up on seven out of frustration,, and I joined the group in front of us to finish at least the front nine. They were equally upset as we were. An expensive nine holes, as we were looking forward to playing 18.

Commented on 05/02/2017

We are very sorry to read that you had a less-than enjoyable round of golf. Your comment has been forwarded to the appropriate management. We would like to let you know that we do stress quicker pace of play than what you experienced. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and we hope you will come back to give us another chance.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/24/2017

Commented on 03/30/2017

On behalf of The Views Golf Club management & staff, thank you very much for your review. We are pleased to read that you had an Excellent time on the course, and we look forward to seeing you again here soon.

"Shotgun Start? Really?"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/22/2017

Nice course, good shape, however, I was shocked that my tee time was part of a shotgun start, and not part of a tournament.... no mention of this during my booking.... I would not have booked if I would have known that in advance as I prefer to start at hole 1.... maybe that's why they don't tell you.....

Commented on 04/18/2017

We are so sorry to read that your experience was less than exceptional. Your comment has been forwarded to upper management, and we do apologize for any miscommunication. We do our best to advise of shotgun starts whether it is on the internet tee time or if one was to call in to schedule a tee time. However, sometimes the "hot deals" on the internet do not list the tee time as a shotgun start. Hopefully this is an issue that can be resolved soon. We do hope you will give us another chance sometime. (For future reference, we have regular tee times Fri - Tues with shotguns on Wed and Thur.) We look forward to seeing you soon.

"I love the course BUT..."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/22/2017

I like everything about the course. The only negative was when I checked in for my tee time I was informed that there would be a shotgun start. My group was to start on 12A. In other words, we were the first of two groups starting on hole 12. The hole in front of us had 2 groups as well. I have no idea how many holes were that way. The pace was fine as we played in 4.5 hrs but if I'd know it was going to be a shotgun start I probably wouldn't have booked a tee time at this course.

"The VIEWs has nice views and good golf. Very challenging!"

nuttalljg's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2017

On this day great pace of play, good condition and challenging golf.

Commented on 03/30/2017

On behalf of The Views Golf Club management and staff, thank you very much for your review and for recommending us to others. We do take great pride in our course and the scenery that it has to offer. It is very nice to read you had a good time and will come back and play here again soon.

"Nice condition"

fmoreno's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/18/2017

I belong to another club and had not play here in a couple of years. The course is in great shape now., it's a very good deal, fairways, greens, bunkers, boxes all in top shape

Commented on 03/30/2017

On behalf of The Views Golf Club management and staff, thank you very much for your kind review. We do appreciate the Excellent rating. Our golf course maintenance staff works very diligently to ensure the course is in fantastic shape, and it is very nice of you to recognize that. We hope you had a great time and do look forward to you coming out and playing here again soon.

"This course has great views."

airlinkplus's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/15/2017

It's a great course to play with all its splender.

Commented on 03/30/2017

On behalf of The Views Golf Club management and staff, thank you very much for your excellent review and for recommending us to others. We truly appreciate the accolades as we take great pride in our customer service, course, the course conditions and (of course) the scenery. We hope you will come back and play here again soon.

terrymary's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2017

Commented on 03/30/2017

On behalf of The Views Golf Club management and staff, thank you very much for your kind review. We are pleased to see that you had a great time and that you would recommend our course to others. We do hope you will come back and play again soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/05/2017

The course was in good shape. Speed of play was good. Only drawback was the weather which I should have checked. Wind gusting to 30kts.

Commented on 03/30/2017

On behalf of The Views Golf Club management and staff, thank you for your review of our course. We are pleased to read that you had a good time. We do take great pride and work hard to have ideal course conditions and to keep the pace of play as quick as possible. Sorry to read the weather was less than ideal. The wind can prove to be quite a challenge. Hopefully the next time you come to play, the weather will be perfect. We do look forward to you visiting us again soon.