River Club, The

Carts: Yes - included in green fees (with GPS)
Pull-carts: No
Caddies: No
GPS: Yes

Practice bunker: No
Practice hole: No
Simulator: No

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks brunch 19th hole specials

"Great condition"

Jim7364027's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2017

Playing after hurricane Irma the course was in great shape. Had not played the course in a couple years. The condition is greatly improved. Very nice greens and challenging fairways. Clubhouse bar and grill is under new management and the staff is very friendly. Enjoyed nice lunch after the round.

mannyaugusto's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/12/2018

Response from The River Club on 01/16/2018:

Thank you mannyaugusto for your review. We appreciate you taking the time and we hope to see you back again very soon!

"Good Layout in Good Condition"

robkarrob's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/11/2018

Played Thursday Jan 11, 2018. Overall in good condition. Greens were heavily over-seeded and smooth and somewhat fast. You could easily tell without the over-seeding the greens would have been bad. Tees and fairways were good. Like all courses in this area they are getting pricey. Only problem was I showed up as a single at 12:30 and they had no players going out. I was told the course would not allow a single to go out. I had to wait 1 1/4 hours until a threesome showed up and I was allowed to join them. BAD POLICY.

Response from The River Club on 01/16/2018:

Thank you robkarrob for your 4-star review of The River Club. We appreciate you taking the time and are thrilled to see you had a good round on the course. We hope to see you back again very soon!

"Casual Round"

logicalposition's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/05/2018
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

I play here twice a month or more.It's a well worn course, but very playable for my style of play. Keep it straight and you shouldn't have an issue.

This is not a manicured course. The tee boxes can be a tad worn, and this particular day there were tens of ball marks on the greens. I can't blame the management for most of the wear and tear, it's the players who refuse to repair divots and ball marks.

Greens may be slow for some, frog hair is narrow(3ft). Fairways are a bit narrow and undulating, there are hills throughout . Water, sand and numerous doglegs make the course challenging.

Long drives between holes, and you will walk YARDS to tee boxes on certain holes. If you can't hit straight, you WILL lose a few balls, and you WILL be playing with odd angled lies in the hills.

The driving range is good, the pitch and putt is adequate. Cart path is mostly concrete but ragged in sections. Houses are close to the fairways/greens in spots. I haven't tried the 19th hole yet, but it looks like a sports bar above the pro shop. You must load you own bags, and parking is a distance from the pro shop. This entire setup may be difficult for handicapped players, you get a workout even with a cart. One of my favorite courses in the region, great value.

Response from The River Club on 01/11/2018:

Thanks so much for the great 4-star review of The River Club here in Bradenton, Florida. We love seeing you value the course and we hope to see you back again very soon!

"River club"

trendeditor's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/31/2017

Enjoyable course, good variation from hole to hole. Great wildlife sightings.

Response from The River Club on 01/11/2018:

Thanks trendeditor so much for the great 4-star review of The River Club here in Bradenton, Florida. We love seeing you enjoyed your time on the course and we hope to see you back again very soon!

"Great Value"

logicalposition's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/29/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

I really like the River Club. It's not a high end course, but it's comfortable. I've played several times with several very different partners, and everyone seems to have a different take on the course. It's an older course that winds thru a neighborhood, houses close to the fairways, long drives from hole to hole on sidewalks and streets, often on rough terrain and ragged concrete cart paths.

Plenty of water with sloping fairways toward the water, multiple hills with huge and numerous bunkers. If you play the middle of the fairways, you'll never see these obstacles. If you get off the fairways, expect extra strokes, odd lies, lost balls, and sand.

The staff is friendly enough, older gentlemen, and they are very accommodating on getting you on the course in short order. Carts offer GPS. there are two driving ranges and a great pitch and putt area.

Today the course was a bit rough IMO, some tees were dry and sandy, fairways and greens were chewed up more than usual.

For MY style of play this is a forgiving course, there always seems to be a way to recover, and the warts aren't a big deal. I've played with very good players and they complained a lot. I get the impression this course sees a lot of play, and not everyone who plays minds their etiquette. I haven't found a better value in the area, this is my preferred course.

Response from The River Club on 01/01/2018:

Thank you logicalposition for your great 4-star review of The River Club. We love seeing you had a great time on the course and we hope to see you back again very soon for more of the best golf in your area.

"Challenging"

tyrone288's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/29/2017

Played for the first time and enjoyed it

Course was challenging, you had to use every club in the bag. Some narrow shoots to hit thru on some of the tee shots.

Response from The River Club on 01/01/2018:

Thank you tyrone288 for your great 4-star review of The River Club. We love seeing you had a great time on the course and we hope to see you back again very soon for more of the best golf in your area.

"Fun day"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/27/2017

The course was in good shape and the pace of play was pretty good considering it was a full course. The only negative for me was the speed of the greens. Although the greens rolled true - they were quite a bit slower than I anticipated.

Response from The River Club on 01/01/2018:

Thank you for your great 4-star review of The River Club. We love seeing you had a great time on the course and we hope to see you back again very soon for more of the best golf in your area.

"Decent Layout - Sadly Needs Lots of TLC"

TrueNorthGolfers's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/27/2017

The entire course needs plenty of maintenance especially the greens. The greens were shaggy and inundated with unrepaired ball marks. The first 6 holes are okay, then the layout starts to become interesting and challenging. It would be a very decent challenge if the course was maintained in better condition, particularly the greens. Better conditions might encourage players to respect the course to repair ball marks, divots etc, and help maintain the course. Regrettably, I can't recommend the course with current conditions especially, if greens fees were more than $30.00. The staff is quite friendly and very welcoming.

Response from The River Club on 01/01/2018:

Thank you TrueNorthGolfers for your great 3-star review of The River Club. We are working hard on the course and we hope to see you back again very soon for more of the best golf in your area.

Joel2261326's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/17/2017

Response from The River Club on 12/18/2017:

Thank you for your 4-star rating! Book another round with us soon here at The River Club here in Bradenton, Florida.

"Enjoyable round..."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/15/2017

Fun layout. Greens were a little slower than I prefer but rolled true. Bunkers were well maintained. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Response from The River Club on 12/18/2017:

Thank you for your 4-star rating! Book another round with us soon here at The River Club as we would love to have you back!

"River run. 121417 jv"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/14/2017

Beautiful Florida weather

The. Tees. Fairways and greens were in great shape. Course could use better signage. Especially. Where golfer must go on roads to get to next tee. Could userefreshment cart and more water on course.

Lots of lakes and hazards

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/11/2017

Response from The River Club on 12/14/2017:

Thanks for the great 5-star review and feedback on the golf course. We love seeing you had a good time and enjoyed everything the course had to offer. Please come back and see us again very soon!

Robert9500710's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/05/2017

Response from The River Club on 12/08/2017:

Thanks Robert for the review and feedback. We love seeing you had a great round of golf on the course and we look forward to seeing you back again!

"Great layout...Challenging but Fair"

JasonQ's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/03/2017

River Club GC has a great layout. The greens, tees and fairways were in really good condition. Pace of play was excellent and staff was friendly. Greens tended to be a little slow but ran true. Will definitely be back!

Response from The River Club on 12/08/2017:

Thanks JasonQ for the 4-star review and feedback. We love seeing you had a great round of golf on the course and we look forward to seeing you back again!

"Fun course"

edwardtwilson's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/24/2017

Played yesterday with my son, had the course to ourselves. Great layout, fun course and great birds! A little wet after rain on thanksgiving the day before, but would definitely recommend it.

Response from The River Club on 11/27/2017:

Thanks edwardtwilson for the fantastic 5-star review of The River Golf Club here in Bradenton, Florida. We appreciate you taking the time and we love seeing you enjoyed your round on one of the best golf courses in the area. Please let us know if you ever need anything and come back and see us again soon as we would love to have you back!

"Can't wait to play here again."

ldbialek's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/22/2017

Stayed overnight just outside Anna Maria Island and looked for a nearby golf course. The price was fantastic and the course was Superb. I can't wait to play this course again. They paired us with a single gentleman who turned out to be from our home town in PA. Had a wonderful round and made a new friend

Response from The River Club on 11/27/2017:

Thanks ldbialek for the great 5-star review of The River Golf Club here in Bradenton. We love seeing you enjoyed your round on one of the best golf courses in the area and we hope you will let us know if you ever need anything and come back and see us again soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/20/2017

Response from The River Club on 11/27/2017:

Thanks for the great 5-star review of The River Club here in Florida. We love seeing you enjoyed your round and we hope you will let us know if you ever need anything. Come back and see us again soon.

peterman30's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/15/2017

Response from The River Club on 11/20/2017:

Thanks peterman30 for your 4-star review and feedback on The River Club. Please let us know if you need anything while you are here and come back and see us again very soon!

"Frustrated"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/14/2017

A great deal and a good course. They needed an attentive marshall as we waited on numerous holes and at one point had 4 groups on 1 par 5, with another waiting for us, to tee off behind us,, and they all were foursomes. Thought I was in a rookie charity tournament. To bad spoiled a potentionally fantastic day. Played so slow we could not finish the 18th because of darkness.

Response from The River Club on 11/20/2017:

Thanks Wildbillmulligan for your review and feedback. We apologize for the pace of play and we hope you will let us know if you need ever need anything and come back and see us again very soon!

"Poor greens"

Nick06's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2017

Overall I enjoyed the layout and the pace of play was good. The staff were friendly and the price was reasonable. The one thing that made the round very poor was the condition of the greens. They had recently been over seeded and were horrendous to putt on. We were not made aware of this at the time of booking or when we checked in. When courses do this or aerate their greens, I feel they owe it to their customers to note that ahead of time. I would have no problem with the course under normal conditions but this ruined the round.

Response from The River Club on 11/15/2017:

Thanks Nick06 for your review and feedback. We love seeing you had a good time on the course and our staff took great care of you. Come back and see us again very soon!