Tranquilo Golf Club at Four Seasons Resort Orlando

• 3451 Golf View Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
  • tranquilogolf.com

Year built: 1992
Architect(s): Tom Fazio (1992), Tom Fazio (2014)
Type: Resort
Greens: Bermuda grass
Fairways: Bermuda grass

GPS: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire consists of a polo-style shirt with collar, turtleneck or mock turtleneck shirt, and slacks or Bermuda-length shorts.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is at a resort near local attractions convenient to the city   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers a weekend splurge   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining amazing food

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/13/2017

Juleslucie's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/12/2017

Real beautiful golf course but not the best value for the money and unable to replay

"Orlando Vacation"

u939204520's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/04/2017

Wonderful course! Layout was fabulous and course in great shape. One of the best courses we have played in the Orlando area. Staff was great too

"Over priced"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/02/2017

I no they had the hurricane ,but course not to good .bit boring in places .think over priced compared to other courses in the area .have played 8 courses in the area on this vacation to be honest not the best .

"Nice course but a bit over priced"

t1200494883's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2017

Nice course layout and some very good holes. But some quite boring holes that felt a bit uninspiring in between. Although the practice facilities are currently closed for construction, they look like they will be quite impressive when completed. A bit put out by the price as this was already an expensive round of golf, and when I asked if it would be ok for my wife to ride along in the spare buggy seat I was charged an extra $25.

"Fantastic layout"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/09/2017

Booked online through golf now and played this course for $72 which I think is good value for money. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Driving range is closed just now (which was stated on golf now website) for renovation but seen poster of the plans and will be something else when it's finished. Pace of play was great. The course itself is a fantastic layout some holes are very scoreable and some are challenging but very enjoyable and fun. Condition wise a few of the holes had soggy fairways which is expected this time of year in Florida. A few of the tees need some work. The greens hadn't fully recovered for aereation yet but played well enough. Only complaint is that they never stated that greens still hadn't recovered from aereation on golf now website as other course do. Had lunch after round and food was brilliant.

Overall was a great golfing experience and I would highly recommend to any golfer. i would love to play this course again and probably will

"Great reception"

jemdmd's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/31/2017

Our day started with a pleasant reception at pro shop. We did receive an advisory that the range was closed,however there was no mention on that the greens were not completely healed from aeration.( One of the reasons we picked this course.) . I didn't think I had to call and check since other courses had advisory notes on golfnow website. So if your playing this week I'd check to see how green conditions are. I wasn't happy with the price I paid ($77) for bumpy greens. It cost me 4 strokes as well! I would like to have posted that 78! The layout was good . It's been raining so rough is thick and wet in morning .

The course provided plenty of bottled water at start and at comfort stations ( which there were plenty of ) . I played with my wife who greatly appreciates ample rest areas! It's very very humid so this was a HUGH plus ! ( We played Celebration on 9/1 and there were only water fountains so if you didn't bring a water bottle you were out of luck)! I'd recommend this course as play was light so we glided through the course as a twosome in under 4 hours ( we had a twosome in front of us which we caught up to on last 2 holes due to the foursome in front of them but I think it was the heat that the pace was off at that point). There are showers for after your round which I also appreciated and took advantage of. We stayed for lunch which was also very nice . When the greens heal this is a place to go to !

Zachary3439678's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2017

"A must play!"

BaltimoreO's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/24/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Having read the many reviews from other courses in the area that explained how wet/bad courses were in because of the over abundance of rain the last month or so I expected this course to be pretty much the same condition. To my surprise, I found while there was evidence of a lot of rain by the course in places was in fact a little wet and you could tell it wasn't in the best condition it normally would be but it was NOT cart path only so drainage has to be very good. With all that said, I can't wait to come back and play this course on my next trip to Orlando to play it when its in its best condition because even thought it has experienced a lot of rain and it was one week into aeration and the greens were a bit sandy but not very bumpy, it was still an excellent golf outing. The staff was very nice and helpful. the driving range etc. were closed for upgrades but they provided an area with a mat and net to warm up which was just as good as the driving range warm up. I'll be back!!!!

"Zen Golf Experience"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The course had recently been punched, sliced and top dressed but we knew that upfront and the greens fees were reduced accordingly. By fall, this course will be awesome (and expensive)! The entire staff were helpful, friendly and "first class" all the way. The course has a scenic layout that winds through trees, marsh and water providing ample opportunities to view the local wildlife. A very relaxing and zen like golf experience. Enough sand traps and water hazards to keep you honest but not ruin your day. Great experience!

"Nice resort course."

rhaight's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

Appreciate the course advisory because of ground under repair.

"Could be better."

vtoria98's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

I booked knowing this was an aerification special. I knew the greens would not be perfect. I was willing to book and pay for the round anyway. However what I was not prepared for was the condition of the Fairways and tee boxes. Most of the Ladies tee boxes were dead grass and dirt. The fairways looked like someone was doing donuts on a tractor in the rain. The condition of the Fairways really ruined this round for me. The staff was friendly but insisted this was their new method of aerification of the Fairways. I cannot see how that is even remotely possible.

I would play here again but I am disappointed I paid what I did for a round on a sub par condition course. I could have played any other course in better shape for way less.

"Beautiful woodsy feel on challenging course"

webeisler's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Set back in woods not far from Disney World, generous fairways, plenty of bunkers in fairways and around greens, large undulating greens, elevated tees and greens, but after rainy week fairways were wet and soggy, lots of pines and oaks lining the fairways, with wet fairways played long, very nice look to the course, plenty of water hazards too.

"Cart path only"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2017

I really really wish that I could have been notified of the cart only stipulation. At my age and stanima condition I would've avoided playing that day. I played and survived but having to walk so much took much of the joy of playing. I believe it's the responsibility of golfnow to let me know of any stipulations or condition changes. I will ask in the future if there is anything I should know ahead of time.

Bcrossey's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/31/2017

"Fair..but Challenging, in Great Condition!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

My first time playing Tranquilo was amazing...with the exception of the weather. It rained the entire round but that didn't stop us from playing this fantastic course. The conditions were great, the greens rolled exceptionally fast considering they were very wet.

Finishing on a par 3 is another interesting experience...hitting a 190 yard 5 iron over water with a front left pin can be intimidating. Aim to the right side (where the pros would miss) and draw the ball, you'll be just fine.

All in all, I will definitely be back! The staff made for a great experience and who doesn't want a fresh scented towel after the round?!

"wonderful designed golf course"

jefflewendon's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Always a pleasure to play at Tranquilo. A top 5 course in Central Florida

"Great Course"

Dforeman's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/27/2017

Great Course but the no practice facilities due to construction. Staff was great.

"Absolutely beautiful!"

TF610's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2017

The course was absolutely beautiful. It has a great layout and very challenging. The greens were a bit of a challenge because it was hard to get the speed down correctly. The reason being, is that they had punched a few weeks ago and have not completely come up to speed, so they were a lot slower than they looked, and on undulating greens, that makes them a little bit tricky. Other than that, it was a great experience and I look forward to playing it again in the future!!!!

"Good Course, Great Staff"

Dave5936191's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2017

We had a great time at Tranquilo (visiting from Canada). The staff were terrific- very friendly and knowledgable. Parts of the course, especially fairways were being rehabilitated, but we were warned by the staff ahead of the round; so, no surprises. I would definitely go back, especially if the fairways get better.