Disney's Palm Golf Course

• 1950 W Magnolia Palm Drive , Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830, Orange County
  • golfwdw.com

Year built: 1971
Architect(s): Joe Lee (1971), Rocky Roquemore, Arnold Palmer (2013)
Type: Resort
Greens: Bermuda Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Carts: Yes - included in green fees (with GPS)
GPS: Yes

Practice bunker: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire consists of a polo-style shirt with collar, turtleneck or mock turtleneck shirt, and slacks or Bermuda-length shorts.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Average Rating 4.1 stars from 5

Location is near local attractions at a resort convenient to the city   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers locals   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views brunch

"Course staff could use some serious work"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

I played Disney Palms course this past weekend for my buddies birthday. We arrived at 9:25 for our 9:45 tee time. By the time we had the bags unloaded and on the carts and were at the pro shop to pay it was 9:33. I walked in before the rest of my party as they were all using the restroom outside and told him our name and that we were here to pay. This is where I am very disappointed in Disney. The dude behind the counter gives me some snarky response as to how close we are cutting it and should have been here earlier. I was a little shocked and I said well we are all here and he gives me another rude answer along the lines of where are they (like I would lie to this man about my group). He then asked if we had our bags on the carts and I said yes were all ready to tee off. Then he replies along the lines of oh well maybe you actually will make it. So after we all pay it is now 9:36 and we drive over to tee one, about a 2 minute drive. We get to the tee box and there are two foursomes waiting to tee off and one foursome that just teed off. We had to wait an additional 15 minutes past our tee time before we could tee off. Its not like the front desk didn't know there were two groups waiting to tee off either, they were talking on their walkie talkies to each other. Overall very rude front off staff that took care of us. Would have been nice too if they told us you had to grab range balls before you drove to hole 1, as we had all this extra time to do nothing. The starter was a nice guy as was the cart lady and so were the bag attendants.

Positives were the course was very nice, a good challenge and very well maintained.

Commented on 06/20/2017

Thank you for your feedback on your recent round at Walt Disney World® Golf. We apologize for the fact that your were displeased with the service that our Palm courses presented you. We hope that you will play our wonderful courses again in time to come, so we can exceed your expectations upon your next visit to Orlando.

If you would like to discuss your experience further with our management level staff, please email us at disneygolfreservations@palmergolf.com

Melvin6833124's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2017

"Disney Palm Course"

Atringas's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2017

The course had more than its fair share of tight lies. I say this and I know full well that the conditions in Central Florida have been very dry for sometime. I played the Lake Buena Vista course about three or four weeks ago and would note that the LBV course had much better overall conditions. I'm not sure why there is such a difference since they are both Disney courses.

"Great Shape!"

TIU's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

We played in an outing Monday afternoon at The Palm course which was in excellent shape, especially considering how dry things have been in the past few months here.

Greens were especially good, on the quick side and flawless all around. Highly recommend this course!

"Course was in Surprising Very Good Shape"

bz6wt6's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

A month or two ago, we played the sister course, Magnolia. It was in disappointing shape. The Palm course was in very good shape-tees, greens, traps, fairways! Very enjoyable round in ideal conditions. Play was a little slow at times. Staff was helpful and friendly. Looking forward to going back soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2017

"Best Public Course Value in Orlando"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017

The Palm is the best value for the money in Orlando. The fairways, bunkers, and rough are all well kept. The greens are receptive, but fast and roll true. The course layout is challenging, but fair, with a lot of beautiful scenery and an abundance of wildlife. I would highly recommend this course.

Modiki2's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

"Friendly, excellent course."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2017

From the bag drop to picking then, the experience was great. Even the pro shop cashier told corny jokes and made us feel welcome. Truely a magical experience!

"Nice course, Great condition"

husong's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2017

We arrived late due to traffic. We were able to get a tee time 40 minutes later than we booked. Course is reasonably busy, a twosome in front of us, pace was a little bit slow but acceptable, a 3-some after us. The course is in great condition, green can be faster, nice to see the wild animals (deers, rabbits, etc). Really enjoy the round!

Lynn7458189's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2017

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/24/2017

"Great golf course"

Mikecarol's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/22/2017

Loved the course. Played by myself...done in 1.5 hrs. I'll be back!

"Disappointing"

DDetloff1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2017

Poor condition. Fairways hard and dry. Bunkers need edging. Greens hard and not receptive.

Cart girl unfriendly.

Seems Disney has the attitude not to put money into course and people will still come

Commented on 03/24/2017

"Waste of time"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/09/2017

Palm Course was overbooked. Pro shop said to start on#10. Starter in his infinite wisdom started on 1 even though a shotgun went off on the front nine. 4 groups on each hole ,1 on green ,1 fairway, 2 on tee. Mouse needs competent people running the ship. We did get a refund though. Been to the Mouse's courses twice and both lousy experiences. Never again.

Commented on 03/11/2017

Our course this past Thursday experienced a large event play during the morning hours, that delayed the start of afternoon play, and our staff were attempting to accommodate everyone as close to their originally scheduled start time as possible. We apologize if there was a mistake made in sending you off at the time we did.

"Loved the palms"

Heelsfan27284's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2017

First time plaing in orlando so had play disney. The palms course was awesome, great layout, course conditions were great tees, fairways, greens were all perfect really enjoyed the greens smooth good speed not fast not slow and very receptive. Would have loved to replay but they were crowded and replay rate is to high. Staff was super nice. We did a 2 day pass to get discounted rated about $110 each round. This course was worth it. Played magnolia second day its prob not worth $110 maybe $75 . Play the palms its great

"palm review"

Robert9147698's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/22/2017

decent course over all, but not for $130.00. that is a $65 course anywhere, expected a nicer course for that money dissappointed wont play again! staff couldnt be nicer!

Commented on 03/10/2017

I don't quite get what you mean Bobby??? I have played all three at Disney quite a few times Edna staff it's absolutely positively spot on dead on and very very graciously nice with my visits. . . I took the kids and the grandkids does Disney for a week and I played every other day then I would meet him at one of the parks I called for a ride and the assistant Pro said he would take me to the park very very nice of him then the next time I went was the day after next and he was working the counter gave me the keys and the receipt I should go play enjoy it on me. . I thinking any positively truly turned down a $50 tip he said he appreciates my company preciation becoming their to Play. . . And put me with two golfers that can poke it straight we all scored well. . played the good money game and I came off with $65 in my pocket when I walked off the 18th green. . . Going to visit the In-laws in April and I'll probably play all three in those two weeks. . So I can get with your brother on your little review

"Pace slow"

NeoFights's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/21/2017

Course seems to be in reasonably good shape, especially greens and t-boxes. The area around the greens was quite tight, making chipping difficult. This seems different from when Disney ran the courses. Pace was very slow.

"Happiest Golf in the world"

Charles2129825's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/19/2017

Staff was so friendly

Played by myself with my daughter in tow

Usually I play poorly when a single stuck behind a foursome

Staff was so friendly I was so relaxed ended up shooting 80 which is not a great score for me but usually in that situation I shoot mid 89s

"Top Ten Courses in Central Florida"

jameszachary's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/19/2017

This is my 5th or 6th time playing the Palm and it never disappoints me. The course is always in amazing condition, pin placements are always different and the management is spot on. I personal say this course is in my Top Ten best courses to play in Central Florida.