TPC Sawgrass - THE PLAYERS Stadium Course

• 110 Championship Way, Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida 32082, Saint Johns County
  • tpc.com/tpc-sawgrass

Year built: 1981
Architect(s): Pete Dye (1981)
Type: Resort

The PLayers 72 7215 yards 76.8 155
Blended 72 6402 yards 72.3 143
Green (W) 72 5019 yards 72.1 135

Average Rating 4.4 stars from 5

Location is at a resort worth the drive convenient to the city   Great for a bucket list/top 100 pick advanced golfers a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Great course. A must play!"

tejones's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/13/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

A challenging course with nice amenities to enjoy before and after the round. Not worth $500 but close.

"Bucket List Course that Lives up to the Hype"

JustHaveFun's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/17/2016

Perfect day at TPC Sawgrass. The course was immaculate. Having played it 100+ times on video games it was even better in person. The new renovations are fantastic. #12 is now a great hole. Almost every hole is memorable. I couldn't imagine a better golf experience. I obviously had my playing partner record my tee shot on 17. Haven't felt more pressure over a shot in my life. The course is much more than just the island green, but that was still a uniquely special hole. I can't recommend this course enough. My playing partner said it is on the same level as Pebble Beach. Go here!

"Amazing experience!!!"

Rhj26's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/12/2016

Wow is the best word to describe my experience at TPC Sawgrass! My husband and I went to play a round of golf in December for the first time and have been back multiple times since. When we drove up it was absolutely gorgeous, I had heard they did construction so I am not too sure what it looked like before. One thing they offer that I found exceptional was valet service! The parking lot is a bit of a walk and I think it really makes TPC stand apart from other golf courses we have played! Valet guy was so nice and gave us a lot of information since it was our first time there. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming! The course is definitely difficult, but so worth it. We will be back.

"Stadium Course closed until November 2016"

svonjax's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2016

The Stadium course is getting new greens, Practice Area, Parking Lot, new Main Drive up to the Clubhouse and some other changes.

It sure will be a diferent look.

"Great Course!"

Jbb1408's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2016
Previously played Walked Played 18 holes Good weather

We happened to catch the Stadium Course on an extremely windy afternoon. So needless to say it was really tough sledding out there.

This course is not a wide open bombers course. It's a strategic and accuracy driven course. Even from the blue tees, it's not scary long...but you have to hit the fairways! Fairways is the key to playing well here. You can attack greens with short irons if you hit the fairways. If you don't hit fairways...you're hitting out of pine straw, sand, out from under trees, or a thick rough...or maybe even dropping cause you hit the water.

But the experience is great. Great staff up front, AWESOME practice facilities (make sure to hit a few shots out of the sand bunker onto the range...you'll need a few of those shots for your round), and just an overall beautiful property.

I'd recommend getting there 2 or 3 hours early, eating lunch on the patio, browse the clubhouse/locker room, putt and chip, then hit a bucket...and get after it.

We walked and our caddies were okay. They were both young, and took pride in their job...it was just a tough day on everyone with the windy conditions.

This is not a course that will wow you with views like a Pebble or Whistling Straits, so don't expect that. That would be my only complaint...is that they charge the same rate as those places, but the course doesn't have a huge wow factor. It's just a really skinny, challenging course. 16, 17, and 18 are 3 of the coolest holes you can play in the US...so really soak those in. Enjoy!

"Fun and memorable"

CLaw1185's avatar
Hartford Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/05/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Having watched this tournament for many years, and actually attended, I was extremely excited to get a chance to actually play it the course. We stayed on the property and the staff at both the hotel and course make it extremely easy and fun to get around, enjoy the property and ensure you get where you need to get too. Very reassuring.

The only disappointing element was only getting a small bag of balls to warm-up with on the range. I was hoping for unlimited, but I got over it quick. We rode in carts, but had the mandatory fore-caddie, who was great and and nice to have.

As far as the course itself, it was memorable. Seeing each hole in person, as I have for many years on TV was awesome. Some of the tee shots were more intimidating in person than on TV, such as the two par 5's on the front nine, 2 & 9. The conditions were great, and each hole had a different element that really distinguished each from one another.

16, 17 & 18 were definitely the highlights however. The tee-shot on 16 is critical, 17 is a simple wedge or 9-iron, but still intimidating. The green is huge, it's just very helpful to be on the proper level. 18's tee shot is great. The clubhouse in the background, lake to the left and trouble right. A really cool experience.

The property itself is massive, as is the clubhouse. It was a great experience that I can't wait to do again. I played terrible, so I'm excited to get back again, but spending the weekend with my Dad in one of golf's most recognizable spots was pretty cool.

Commented on 01/31/2017

The Stadium Course is the host of the PLAYERS, yes .

Commented on 12/02/2016

Dumb question maybe but this course is different from the players championship? Like there is the stadium course and the dyes course?

I am looking to play the stadium course the course with the island green...

"fantastic"

rockadoo22's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/13/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Played it with my friend and absolutely loved it.The forcaddie,Jason,was phenomenal.He new every blade of grass on the golf course and was a great guy.We played the white tees which was challenging enough.Course was in great shape and greens were smooth and fast.You sure can get in a lot of trouble if you don't have your A game,which fortunately I did.The 3 signature hole,16,17,and 18 I played in double bogey,par,par,which was exciting but I/m glad I hit 17 and 18th greens in regulation.Pricey,but worth it

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Only go to say you have played 17."

Jane5641591's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/14/2015

Fore Caddy great helpful and good at reading greens.Pro shop and clubhouse staff v pleasant and accommodating.Other than that very disappointing.definitely not worth the money other than to check off bucket list to say you have played 17.Course has had a lot of water recently so will give it the benefit of the doubt.Not being able to get carts on course at any point really detracts from the experience.Clubhouse very nice and sitting on patio with view of 18 wonderful (only hole that looks like it does on TV).

"Great Experience!!!!"

rdbuchan87's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2015
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Every golf enthusiast needs to play this course at least once. It was a fantastic experience! From the practice range to the 18th green, it was an unforgettable round. Price is definitely steep, but worth it for an avid golfer who watches the Players every year and wants the full tour experience. Course was in great shape, but you can tell it gets a lot of rounds on it. I would recommend taking a forecaddie as they really help with the sight lines and finding your ball in the deep rough (sinks right to the bottom every time). Truly an unforgettable experience and I would definitely return someday!

"Pick another one for your Bucket."

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Most horrible set up to enjoy this beautiful course. They have cart path only rule year round (even in this Florida heat) and maintain 6" inch rough for the public. Twice as long than pros play and greens were grainy and inconsistent. Took a group of 20 out on last Sunday and no one enjoyed. Two people left after just 7 holes with possible heat stroke. I can't believe they insist on cart path only when the course was dry and firm. Continually had to bring a number of clubs all the way across the fairway - then you could barely advance the ball - if you even found it in the rough.

It's a shame, as this is on so many players bucket list - and rightly so. The course is amazing, it's just not a User Friendly atmosphere. The marshal would tell us we weren't keeping up with the group in front. Well duh - they were a 3some. Pace of play would have been so much quicker if it wasn't cart path only. It's a resort course and that's where they make their money. Why wouldn't they make it more enjoyable for all of us poor schmucks that pay for this place to operate and make it more difficult when the Pros play here??? This is my 3rd time playing and I've had the same experience every time. No more.

Play somewhere else and enjoy relaxed golf, not worth the money.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"Fun"

Hititgogetit's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2015

Course was great, is a fun course, not as difficult as might think, value not good other than saying you been there did that, harbor town the same, cart girls awesome, club house ls like a museum, very nice, staff friendly

"Fantastic experience!"

bryansniezek's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2015

This has been my favorite course to watch the PGA play for as long as I can remember, and was my #1 course on my golf bucket list. I finally had the opportunity to play the Stadium Course, and it did not disappoint. While I wasn't a fan of the price for 18 holes ($250), you're really paying more for an experience rather than a round of golf.

This course demands very well placed tee shots. Anything that ends up in the rough can be crippling to your score. #16, #17, #18 are the bread and butter of the course, and are the most exciting 3 holes. On the day we played, they had the pins in position #3 aka Sunday Championship locations. Very difficult to go flag hunting.

After our round, we asked about a replay rate, and the staff was able to out us on the Valley course for $50 per person!

It was likely the only time I'll ever play Sawgrass, mostly due to the price ($250-$450), but I walked away with more memories after that round than any round of golf I've ever played. What a remarkable experience! An absolute must on any golfer's bucket list.

As far as the course, they had punched the greens and fairways 3 weeks prior to our arrival, but you couldn't tell. The fairways and greens were in pristine condition.

"One of the best finishes in golf"

GolfFan33's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2015
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather

There are obviously a lot of high hopes coming into a day at TPC Sawgrass...and the facility did not disappoint. The day starts with an impeccable clubhouse and a great practice facility. Like many golfers, I grew up playing the course a thousand times on video games before I finally made it to the track. The entire day is enjoyable, and you'd be hard pressed to find 3 better finishing holes. I made a classic bogey on 17...first tee shot in the water, then stiffed the next one. Go figure.

Worth it for any golfer to enjoy.

"Worth Every Penny"

jantkaczyk's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2015

What a birthday present! Terrific service, beautifully appointed facility from locker room to pro shop. Course was in superb condition and our fore caddie knew the course well and gave us top-notch advice. One of my best golf experiences to date.

"Great course"

Ctbulldawg's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/18/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

I have had several chances to play the TPC Sawgrass but work always got in the way. After playing it in a Golf Channel AM Tour event, I was happy that I finally got to play. It is a great layout with a lot of variety in hole design and playability. You do not realize on tv how challenging a driving course this is....it is truly a "hit to a spot" course rather than "grip it and rip it". Of course the 17th and 18th are the highlight holes but there are many other memorable ones out there and a lot more variety of shots around the greens than you would imagine.

A great facility compliments the course and extremely friendly and helpful staff round out the experience. I know that it is pricey but it is worth the cost.....once.

"Bucket list"

Chris1625930's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2014

One of those bucket list courses. Get a caddy and walk to soak in the history. Price was steep unless billed from hot deal. Must play!

"Closing Remarks"

Kyle4442229's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2014

The Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass had always been on my bucklist and alas, I was given the chance to play it. From the moment you arrive at the clubhouse, it's an amazing feeling knowing one of the greatest tournaments is played here every year. The golf shop staff was extremely friendly and willing to help me make my purchase. The practice facility is phenomenal and allows you to hit about every shot you can imagine.

As for the course, most of the holes are extremely hard to recognize compared to what you see on TV. I believe the angles of the camera's on the towers don't give you a true perspective of the golf course. The holes are well designed and each hole has a uniqueness to it. You also don't realize how much undulation are on the greens.

The golf course conditions, tees, fairways, rough, and bunkers were in phenomenal condition....the greens, as we know, had a misapplication on them and some were not in the best of conditions. They have a talented maintenance crew and they left the greens a little fury to help stimulate some root growth for the grass to help repair some of the greens. They also aerified the bad portions of the greens to help them recover as well.

16, 17, and 18 are a dream to play and an experience I could never replicate.

"Needs work"

Zebeck1847's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/10/2014

Should not have been open .Poor condition . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! N

"Course condition was not great"

Larry4255256's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/09/2014

The course was a little torn up in spots. Word was that they were getting ready to replace the greens, which was good because some of them were not great. Still had a good time and the staff and other facilities were excellent.

"TPC Sawgrass"

Louis6811032's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/07/2014

Great course with a lot of history, but it was not worth almost $400.00 per round with tax! The only reason I plsted this course was because it was on my golf bucket list. If you are a decent golfer it was not a challenging as it looks on TV. 17 & 18 were certainly the best two holes on the course! I would not play it again for that money!