Reflection Bay Golf Club

4.5200000000 4.5 stars from 5 (25)

• 75 MonteLago Blvd, Henderson, Nevada 89011, Clark County
  • reflectionbaygolf.com

Year built: 1998
Architect(s): Jack Nicklaus (1998)
Type: Public/Resort
Style: Traditional
Greens: Bent Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Dress code: Proper golf attire is required. Denim jeans or shorts are not permitted.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Tees | Layout

Silver 72 5891 yards 68.1 124
Bronze (W) 72 5166 yards 70.0 127

Average Rating 4.5 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers   Great for 19th hole scenic views drinks

"Slipping back..."

roastabean18's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/14/2017

The course conditions were marginal. Okay fairways but greens literally hard as a rock and slow at the same time. Water features shut down. Reminded me of the course before it closed down year back.

Lunch service was abysmal. One hour to get a sandwich.

I won't be back until it starts getting rave reviews.

Cort4275824's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/02/2017

berniefung's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/28/2017

"What a gem"

DeCordova's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/23/2017

At a time that other courses in the Las Vegas area are fighting to survive winter's effect, the staff at Reflection Bay have a course that it is in peak season conditions in late Feb. Lush fairways, high roughs, packed and raked bunkers are just the start. The green were absolutely smooth and true. While some people might balk at the warm up hitting area, it does serves its purpose, the practice green was a true representation of the course conditions and together prepare you for the great experience you are about to enjoy.

As I live on two Jack Nicklaus courses (including a Signature course), this layout is true treat. The combination of shorter holes protected by bunkers and water and long holes that allow you to fully test your long game, have you coming away with a feeling you had a full golfing experience that fairly tested you and your companions while keeping the course fair, enjoyable and all set in an incredible setting.

"Great layout!"

zcd1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2017

Beautiful track, challenging but fair. Good elevation change, nice greens, wide fairways, but with bunkers guarding the front of many greens.

Will definitely play again next time I'm in town.

zcd1,

Thank you for the kind words! We look forward to seeing you back!

"The towels in the cart aren't souvenirs!"

golfsully's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/13/2017

Everyone on the staff I encountered was friendly and courteous. I exited the proshop to my clubs loaded up on a Club Car cart w/out GPS, but a cooler with ice and bottles of water.

What was once a spectacular range has been reduced to a warm up cage, but it's better than nothing. There is also a short game area and putting green. Both were in good shape and the conditions of those matched the course. It was bit early so my surlyness was showing through, but still the starter handled my group like a pro and got us off on time. We did do some waiting, but overall pace of play was almost on point at 4h20m.

Jack Nicklaus designs fit my eye, so I find the layout to provide a thoughful and challenging round of golf. In addition to a few extra yards the elevation changes allow for some spectacular backdrops of the surrounding mountains and the lake. From the tee through the green the course is completely green. If you're playing the appropriate tees and hitting the driver well you can find the hot slots that will bound your ball down the tightly mown fairway and if you're not there's a decent amount of lateral play and contouring to keep it out of the desert. There are houses bordering the course, but set back enough off to not come into play. The bunkers were maintained and had plenty of good sand. The pin placements were a good mix of challenging and obtainable. I'm super critical of the greens at everywhere I play and the greens at RB were the highight of course with their consistent performance on both long and short shots in. They were true and with just the right speed. Occassionally there was a fresh un-repaired ballmark, but no barespots or invasive grasses.

The beverage cart made frequent enough rounds and plan to make time to eat following your round. The food is top is top notch and is paired with excellent service. Bottomline, the value here is huge and it's definitely on my very short list of must plays when in Las Vegas.

golfsully,

We genuinely appreciate this very flattering review. You obviously know the game well. Hope to see you back soon!

"Not the Same"

mwiggins's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/10/2017

I played RB many years ago when it first opened as the course companion to the Ritz Carlton Lake Las Vegas. It was new and pristine. Fantastic conditions Played it several years in a row because it was that good

Now it is just average. Clearly the course has declined a bit--- the greens are not smooth or well maintained. They roll ok, but this is not top shelf golf anymore. It is more like above the line public daily golf. My group has fun, and certainly has some good holes, but course conditions must improve and bunkers raked, ball marks repaired daily, edging, moving hole locations, etc before this returns to top shelf Vegas golf

mwiggins,

Thank you for the feedback, we genuinely appreciate it. We are always improving and we hope the next time you play, you feel it is up to your standard.

"Excellent course"

matrix4123's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/07/2017

I had a great time playing Reflection Bay. Each hole is really different and presents a different challenge. The views were spectacular and I'd highly recommend it.

matrix4123,

Thank you for coming and playing, we appreciate the 5 stars!

"Beautiful views"

Michael4184345's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/06/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

The course was absolutely beautiful. It was extremely windy the day we played but no one in the group complained. everyone loved the course.

Commented on 02/22/2017

Michael4184345 ,

Thanks for coming in and playing. That desert wind can be brutal! We appreciate the 5 stars!

"Awesome course"

Lumloren's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/04/2017

We really got lucky with this outing. We got the first tee time out, finished in about 2.5 hours taking our time. This course was in very good condition, the greens were rolling slick fast and smooth. Approach shot was hard to stop though any shot outside 150 would kick hard on the greens. If I could compare a course that's close in comparison I'm feeling Bali Hai. This golf course is in my top 5 list of Las Vegas golf. Very Nice!

Commented on 02/22/2017

Lumloren ,

Thanks for coming to play. We appreciate the kind words. I feel your pain on those desert greens!

"Reflection bay awesome experience"

1bbarry's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/03/2017

Great design of course. Exceptional greens. Very challenging approach shots. Incredible views. Incredible staff.

My only concern was a group of six hacks in front of us hitting three balls each off every tee. Watching them was painful!!

Staff at reflection is very helpful and accomodating.

"Reflection Great course"

1bbarry's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/02/2017
Previously played Used cart

Such a nice course. Beautiful area. Greens some of the best I have seen. Staff more than helpful with all our needs. Good food as well. would love to play there every week!

My only detraction was some of the pace of the play. Had a Group in front of me that was hitting 3 balls each off each tee and in the fairway. They may want to take a lesson before playing a course like this.

"Nice layout with great greens"

gvanstee's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/13/2016

Course was in excellent shape and enjoyed round. A little expensive. Didn't like that the only range was hitting into a net off mats

Plasse's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/13/2016

"Beautiful course and setting"

rkagiyama's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/01/2016

What a great golf course. The course is in great shape the greens are fast. The fairways and tee boxes are clean, almost too clean, nothing to line your shot up with. The sand traps have nice sand that are all consistent. They rent new Taylormade M2 clubs that were incredible. I want to buy some now. There are great views from the course, the colors at Lake Las Vegas are the best. The rate of play slowed down when we ran up against 1 slow 4some, but once around them, we finished fast. Was sad to finish the round.

"Reflection Bay"

4mac4golf's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/10/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

This course is in top notch condition. The fairways are marvelous, the greens are as smooth as pool table tops and the sand traps have sand that you can actually play a sand shot out. I cannot say enough nice things about this course with the exception that it's a must play for all the locals and especially if you are visiting the area. I you can only play one round during your visit to the Las Vegas area, make it Reflection Bay.

"Breathtaking layout"

shoelessjoe's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/31/2016

Well manicured. Superb layout. Great variety of holes. Terrific pace of play. Very friendly staff. I was told the stimpmeter reading was 10, but they were more like 8.5. Still, very enjoyable and fun to play. Will be back.

"Train Wreck"

Shawn4839267's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Showed up to play a local tournament. This is my second time out there for such. When we checked in our bags at the curb they were nice and informed us where to get all settled in, after that the fun begins. We arrive 60 prior to the event to warm up, my partner and I go to the cart to ask if there is a shuttle to the range or practice area.... the guys down at the carts say there is not practice area any more.... WHAT!!! They took out the range and greens to make room for houses. They did not tell us or the tournament coordinator about that. We paid decent money for the event and to not even have a warm up... I move on. The greens were in decent shape other than the usual divit pucks and non fixed pitch marks they rolled well... The fairways though were next to gone. Barren in the landing zones and around the greens. It was like bent over weed grass.... your ball never sat clean unless you were in an area most do not hit from. So the long and short is not worth the 30 plus minute drive to play on a course that is not cared for.

Commented on 09/12/2016

Hi Shawn,

We are sorry to hear that you did not find the course to be up to par. We are always working hard on the course conditions, so hope you will give us another shot in the future.

"Outstanding Course"

Roger9726967's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2016

Excellent Condition and friendly staff members.

Commented on 09/12/2016

Hi Roger,

Thank you so much for the 5 Stars! Our staff works hard to ensure everyone has an enjoyable time when golfing with us!

"A Must Play in Vegas"

twadams3's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

This is my 10th time playing this course since it reopened in 2014. Every time I have stepped foot on this property, the golf shop/outside staff have been warm and welcoming. The course is in unbelievable shape and as a Vegas Local it is my go to course every time I am looking to play. Don't forget to stop by the snack bar on the turn for a sandwich made by Jennie. They are out of this world!!!