Mountain at Angel Park Golf Club

Caddies: Yes

Practice bunker: Yes
Golf school / academy: Yes - "Angel Park Golf Academy"

Dress code: Casual attire is permitted.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club

Professional 71 6722 yards 71.1 130
Championship 71 6223 yards 68.8 125
Resort 71 5718 yards 66.0 110
Forward (W) 71 5150 yards 69.1 114

Average Rating 3.9 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals wildlife/ scenic views playing multiple courses   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch patio dining

"Angel Park Mountain"

4mac4golf's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/09/2016
Previously played Used cart Excellent weather

I have played this course countless times and I have not provided a review for my experience. I enjoy this course immensely. It's always in great condition and the greens role true and fast. The cart guys are friendly all the time, but the clubhouse staff can be abrasive and short just as the starter has been a few times. But overall this course is a joy to play.

"Disappointing as usual"

VegasGolfer91's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/05/2016

Time and again I say I won't play this course again, but somehow get suckered in because it's cheap. The staff are almost always rude and it never fails to run into a groundskeeper mowing a green or tee box no matter when you play. The only bright spot was the greens were some of the best I've played in months. Maybe for once I'll take my own advice and not come back.

Commented on 10/07/2016

VegasGolfer91,

“Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate your feedback. We would love to hear more about your experience and discuss how we can make it a more positive one in the future. If you are interested in sharing, please contact our Head Pro at tblasius@angelpark.com.”

"Angel Park Mountain Course"

vbarone286's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Course was recently re-seeded and we had to keep our carts on the cart path only. As a result, there was a lot of walking. Greens were a little slow.

Layout was interesting as the course ran along side several canyons so there are some long carries at times.

"Great greens."

yugopapi's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2016

Course was in great shape especially the greens were rolling really nicely. We as a threesome finished under three and a half hours.

"Angel Park Mountain course"

777wpsh's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2016
First time playing Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Everything was perfect except the greens. The greens had some type of disease or something because they were very slow and bumpy. But the course is a great layout and easy to walk. Fairways and tee areas were perfect. They do not give you a break on green fees for walking but it is nice that they give the option to walk.

"Great course for the money!"

kyarnell1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2016

Great conditions and excellent value.

"Excellent Course"

kgomez65's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2016

Spectacular course with beautiful views!

"bring your "A" game"

pambee's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

beautiful course, friendly staff. Greens were unreadable, and I've been paying over 200 years. course was in impeccable condition except for one hole, maybe one hole seemed to have a problem on the fairways. Pace was slow....they need to team players up....too many guys thinking they can reach the green and then they dribble off the tee. so virtually nonexistent rangers. But WTH, we're on vacation...

"Great golf course bad customer service"

KyleRumpf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I was in Vegas for my friend's bachelor party and heard good things about Angel Park so i booked it. Great value of $56 per player. I loved the golf course, it was in pretty good shape. But the customer service was awful from the outside services person to the starter and also the beverage cart. We saw the beverage cart twice in 18 holes, the 1st fairway and walking off the 17th green. The temperature was in the mid 80s and we could have used a beverage or 2. The starter was an older gentleman that couldn't have been more rude to us as we handed him our receipts. He then preceded to bark out orders to us and tell us to keep up with the group in front of us. Everyone in my foursome are single digit handicaps all the way to scratch golfers. So I think we can keep up pace of play in carts on a fairly easy golf course. We were all ticked off from the get go and it took us about 2 holes to calm down and try to enjoy ourselves on what should be a stress free fun weekend. My friend who was traveling from Minnesota didn't bring his golf clubs so he rented a set that he specifically asked for stiff shafts. Got a set of regular shafted clubs. OK whatever he said. We then go over to the putting green and the putter they gave him is left handed. So we have to go back and wait to swap out the rental sets. Causing us to be a minute late for our tee time. The pro shop is nice and they have some cool shirts/hats etc. Awesome golf course, would recommend it to anyone but wow I hope the service gets better next time.

KyleRumpf

Thank you for your comments and we do appreciate them as we are always looking to improve. Your feedback is very important and we would love to hear more about your experience and how to make it better in the future. Please don't hesitate to contact our head professional at tblasius@angelpark.com.

"SNAFU"

KeithkKeating's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/24/2016

First hole had a group in the green 3 some on the fairway 2 some on the tee, 2 some waiting, then us a 3 some waiting and more coming after us 47 minutes to play 2 holes over 3 hours for 9 holes. Makes for a long day. Never saw a marshal but did see the beverage cart a couple of times each 9.

KeithkKeating,

"out of Towner came to play"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2016

Easy booking on golf now. Played early in the am and was paired with local who knew the course well. Round went quickly. Course layout was challenging but well designed to test my game. Winds were strong which made the course extra long. Greens were fast and hard to read but playing partner had good feel for how putts would break. Too bad I couldn't make them. I would return in the future. Price was reasonable.

Commented on 04/01/2016

Thank you so much for your comments and yes that was a very windy day and glad you enjoyed the course. We thank you for your business and choosing Angel Park and look forward to seeing you in the future!

"Beautiful Course - Worth Playing"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/14/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

First time playing this course, got an unbelievable deal on golfnow. Had no idea what this course looked like until I showed up. I played the Mountain Course and it was beautiful. I played with a local couple, very nice, made for a great day of golf. The fairways, sand traps and greens were in excellent shape. Had a lot of run on the fairways and the greens were pretty fast, took a while to get used to them. The restaurant had great food and the staff I encountered were all very nice. They also have great practice facilities. This is absolutely the best city owned course I have ever played at, bar none. Let me clarify that. If Bayonet and Black Horse in Monterey are City Owned then it is right there with them. I will play here again, will try the Palms course next time. **Bring your camera.

"good value"

birdieslayer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/13/2016

Overall a good track...

Greens were a bit shakey...on a few holes. But still fast . Nice layout. Good opening track for your Vegas trip.

"nice course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/25/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

nice course, great views, in good condition.

"Very Poor Maintenance"

bigthrowsie's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

As a resident of Las Vegas I can appreciate the difficulty in maintaining the fairway and greens to optimal condition during the winter. However, here is the problem: this very good layout has evolved in a 'cow pasture'. Weeds, a lack of fairway grass, and worst of all the greens - completely weed filled - also appeared to not have been rolled in months. The very same conditions when we played it last May (optimal conditions before the extreme summer heat). The only salve to the lousy course condition was the low $40 cost.

"Tougher than the Palm track"

vegasdancediva's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/12/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Of the two courses at Angel Park this one is the more difficult as it is narrower and the greens have more undulation. The greens are also faster than the palm course. There is less water on the Mountain track, however, the water is sometimes out of sight (2nd hole for sure) so be aware of any water.

"Hard and Fast - WOW"

gdisalvo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/08/2016

Drives ran forever, 20 - 30 yds more on a solid drive. That was fun!! Not so much fun, the greens were Augusta National FAST!! Ball would not stay on the green, approach shots, pitch shots, chipping, FORGET ABOUT IT! Some putts wouldn't hold even on a tapper downhill. Roll it up short, it would roll back to your feet. Grass does not grow in colder temps, OK, then don't cut them so tight. I love fast, true greens but this time it was a little much.

"bad coarse"

MikeBellish's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/08/2016

Greens too fast , cambered, ridiculously slow players that would not let anyone play through

Commented on 02/12/2016

Mike Bellish,

Thank you for your comments as that is not the experience we want you to have. The putting surfaces on the Mountain course are difficult this time of year with the turf not growing. The slope and contour of the putting surfaces don't make it any easier. Please let us try to improve on your experience and thank you for your comments.

"Awesome course - just wish players would look after it and have respect for others"

rgmcrane's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/21/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Course as wonderfully designed with some fantastic holes and spectacular scenery from the mountains down to the Vegas city centre. I was recommended to play this course by someone I met at LVGC the previous day and actually bumped into him on the 19th so was able to thank him! Anyway back to the course. Greens were quick and slopey so could make you look like an idiot if you weren't spot on. Advice is try to leave yourself below the hole with a straight putt but we all know that isn't possible for all amateurs so be prepared to 3 putt and accept it. My only downer on the whole experience is that players don't repair ball marks on the greens and it was particularly noticeable here. Such a shame really because the course staff were working hard on the course to keep it in good condition. I lost count how many ball marks I repaired whilst waiting for my playing partners to putt out.

Commented on 01/25/2016

rgmcrane, thank you for your comments regarding your round. It is always a big part of the game that each player cares for the course for better conditions. Thank you for playing and look forward to seeing you again at Angel Park.

"Challenging Greens"

Fvickery's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/20/2016

Nice course but very challenging greens due to speed and slope. The pace of play was terribly slow which reduced our enjoyment. The holes were nicely laid out and offered great views of the surrounding mountains.

Commented on 03/26/2016