TPC Las Vegas

• 9851 Canyon Run Dr, Las Vegas, Nevada 89144, Clark County
  • (888) 321 - 5725, (702)256-2500
  • tpc.com/lasvegas

Year built: 1996
Architect(s): Bobby Weed (1996), Raymond Floyd (1996)
Type: Public
Style: Desert

GPS: Yes

Practice bunker: Yes
Indoor practice facilities: Yes
Simulator: Yes
Golf school / academy: Yes - "TOUR Academy at TPC Las Vegas"

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Tees | Layout

TPC 71 7080 yards 73.4 136
Men's blended 71 6336 yards 68.7 128
Ladies' blended 71 5527 yards 70.7 123

Average Rating 4.5 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers a weekend splurge wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include forced carries bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Expectations"

gas1204's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2017

This course always meets my expectations but doesn't exceed them. Great practice area, well stocked pro shop, 10 minute tee times. There are a few holes where the houses or the highway traffic noise are a distraction. Its important to pick the correct tees taking into account the weather conditions.

Commented on 02/17/2017

Sometimes expectations can be exceeded by simply meeting them! Thank you for regularly playing our club and sharing your experience. We look forward to having you back!

"TPC Las Vegas"

pkgolfer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/13/2017

I have nothing to complain about. Fast greens, tee boxes were interesting, the whole thing. If I wanted to be nick-pickie, it would be the greens were kinda discolered, not taking away they were very smooth. Very nice time here. And if you count the time vs casino's, one bad hour at the casino, is worth the price here.

Commented on 02/14/2017

Thank you Houston Texas! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your day and appreciate you taking the time to write about it. Yes, at this time of the year our greens discolor due to the cooler temperatures.....but they still have the best roll in Vegas. Hope to see you again soon!

"Great Course, Green so-so"

James6028891's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/10/2017

The staff upon arrival were great. Set me up so all I had to do was pay my green fees and off I went to the practice range.

I got paired up with 3 other guests and we all had a great time. The course conditions in general were good, considering it was February.

The greens were in good condition but very unfair pin positions. But it is a TPC course. If your shots weren't within 20 feet of the hole you were in big trouble. A lot of pins in the front, next to the already false fronts. I hit several shots within birdie range that just rolled off the green. It was impossible to keep the ball below the hole.

Like I said it is a TPC course, and I WOULD play it again, just out of pride. Course knowledge would go a long way here!

After the round, again the staff were very professional and made me feel like a member. I will be back!

Commented on 02/12/2017

Hi James,

Thank you for joining us and for taking the time to write about your day! While our greens are generally faster throughout the winter due to weather, our pin positions should reflect that speed. We will be sure to pass on you comments to our Superintendent. We look forward to you joining us again!

"Great condition"

jimbo28562's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/27/2017

Definitely a high end course. This course is very playable if you can keep the ball on the fairway. A lot of rocky dessert if you don't. Greens were pretty fast but rolled true.

Commented on 01/30/2017

Hi Jim,

Thank you for choosing TPC Las Vegas and for sharing your impressions! You caught our greens at their fastest....but rolling true makes a huge difference. We have a good amount of turf, but yes..in the desert, accuracy key to a successful round. Until next time!

markchristopher's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/27/2017

"Fun but challenging"

Jerry2343280's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/13/2016

One of the more difficult courses I've played, but had a great time. Your tee off's must clear the many canyons on this course. The green are challenging, but the views around the course are terrific.

Commented on 12/14/2016

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for choosing TPC Las Vegas and taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you upon your return!

"Good value"

ajover's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/09/2016
First time playing Used cart Cold weather

I played here recently as a single and tried to get the first time out in the morning. My only frustration, which I understand, was that they put a foursome of members, out in front of the first posted tee time. I got paired with one other single and we ended up playing through and made good time. It was a fun time and definitely a course that was worth the money and one that I'd play again.

Commented on 12/15/2016

Thank you for your recent visit to TPC Las Vegas and the 5-star rating! From time to time, we do allow members out prior to public play. The reason is to prevent a twosome playing so quick, that the pace conflicts with our maintenance staff. We apologize for any frustration and it sounds like you had a great day. Please join us again on your next trip to Las Vegas!

"Hole in one"

Rholowinko's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/24/2016

Played nov 25/2016 and it was in great shape...even without my hole in one on 12 would still recommend, will play again when in Vegas.

Commented on 11/28/2016

Thank you for joining us over the Thanksgiving Holiday and congratulations on the notable hole in one! We certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and look forward to seeing you upon your return to Las Vegas for a repeat!

"Just as good as the first time"

paperclip's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/20/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Played there years ago and loved it; was in town again and decided to revisit. I was not disappointed.

Greens and fairways were immaculate, rough not very high but quite dense. Greens rolled straight and true and all at the same speed; for someone like me who plays a lot of public courses with green speeds all over the map on each hole, it was a real treat. There were also water and ice stations on the course which was a nice touch.

A most enjoyable day, pace of play was excellent and the course was not very busy. Staff extremely friendly and went the extra yard to make sure you were happy!

Commented on 11/07/2016

Hi Paperclip, thank you for choosing TPC Las Vegas after all these years and sharing your day! It is wonderful to know, our experience not only compared to your prior visit, but in some ways it seemed to improve....thanks again and we hope to see you again sooner than later!

"Outstanding Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2016
First time playing Used cart Average weather Verified Purchaser

TPC Las Vegas is an outstanding course, beautiful, desert exotic and above all a challenge for any golfer. The course when we played was in superb condition from tee to green. The wind was a test on the day , but it almost made it more fun. The rough was immaculate but extremely tough to dig your way out of (mental note stay out of the rough). The facilities were excellent and the staff friendly and helpful. I would recommend this course to anyone.

Commented on 10/18/2016

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you again on a return trip to Las Vegas!

"Canyon Crippler"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/15/2016

Nice track with lots of trouble to get into with a small canyon that works its way through the course. Unfortunately was cart path only as they had just over seaded the fairways.

Commented on 09/19/2016

Thanks for he feedback on your time with us! DYK the name of our course use to be TPC at The Canyons? The overseed came out great and hopefully our state of the art GPS was the next best thing to not being allowed to drive over the striped up grass. We look forward to seeing you again!

"TPC VEGAS"

CPDMAGFORCE's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2016
First time playing Used cart Excellent weather

Two buddies and I came into LA to play this course in late August 2016. We stayed at the Suncoast Hotel which is 5 minutes away. I've played several courses in the Palm Springs area and Vegas over the years, but I have to say it's one of the top 3 courses I've ever played. A monsoon downpour hit us on the way to the course but within 15 minutes it had passed. The course was in excellent shape even after the monsoon hit and the fairways were like walking on carpet. The staff was friendly. Can't comment on the restaurant as we finished up our round around 7 pm. My buddies and I can't wait to get back and play this course again with it's views of the Red Rock Mountains and million dollar homes. Thanks TPC Vegas for a great time.

Commented on 09/09/2016

Thank YOU for such a wonderful and thoughtful review! It is currently being circulated among our staff to illustrate firsthand the difference they make and a job well done. We look forward to your return!

"Very good course"

hanlu's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/24/2016

The course was in very good condition, although I played during a very hot day (104) it was great, some really tricky holes if you play from the blue tee, if it´s to hard just move forward and it becomes much easier.

Commented on 09/05/2016

Great comments and thank you for taking the time to share your experience at TPC Las Vegas! As a desert course woven through arroyos and canyons, there are numerous forced carries from the Blue tees that are eliminated from the White tees. We look forward to your return!

"PGA Tour Player Experience"

Mel9664888's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2016

I would come to Vegas and play this course multiple times on my trip. They strive for you to have fun but experience the tournament play with the men's combo tee boxes.

Commented on 08/08/2016

On behalf of all 18 holes of PGA TOUR golf, thank you! The course seems to get better and better after every round. The combo tees are a perfect way to enjoy the day and we sincerely look forward to your return!

"Desert Golf"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2016

First time playing a real desert course. Lots of fun and thought provoking holes. Lost a couple balls on the par 3 2nd hole. Need to thread the needle on that one or pay the price! Love being able to take a divot on a desert course. Nice!

Commented on 08/09/2016

Thank you for choosing TPC Las Vegas and writing about your day! Desert Golf is certainly a unique and surreal experience. We look forward to your return!

"Super"

u911948319's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2016

We had a great round love the course, father and son , can't get any better on vacation in Vegas

Commented on 08/05/2016

While we don't have an official ranking as to best review, this one is definitely at or near the top! Thank you for choosing TPC Las Vegas, telling us about your experience and we hope to see you again!

"Great course and a good time"

sapulpagolf's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/27/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

First time playing in Vegas and I could not have chosen a better course. Course was in great condition, fairways and rough lush, greens fast and firm. Challenging course without being punishing. Course has a few daunting carries over canyons, scrub, and water. Staff was outstanding, making me feel welcome and comfortable. Playing as a single I was paired with member Bruce who was friendly and helpful. He let me know some of the quirks of the course, ie greens are slower putting toward the mountains. Did not eat there so I cannot review the food and did not use the locker room facilities. The only negative I found was un- or poorly repaired ball marks on the greens. Please repair ball marks people, it only takes seconds and will be an aid to other golfers for weeks.

Commented on 07/31/2016

Thank you for choosing TPC Las Vegas and sharing your experience at our club! We appreciate the kind words and very positive feedback regarding our staff, course and members. We also take to heart your feedback regarding the ball marks. At this time of year, we receive a tremendous amount of play and if guests aren't fixing their own ball marks, it is a challenge for our staff to keep up. Thanks again and we look forward to your return!

"TPC VEGAs"

jjacques's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I went from Freeway to Fairway back to Freeway, so I will mainly comment on the course.

The pro shop experience was warmly polite, no faking it. They got me in and out to the course fast, as I was late for my t time. The on course cart device was very timely, and courteous as well. I did think the cart should carry cold sandwiches and or breakfast type sandwiches, but I am spoiled I guess.

The course was mostly right in front of you. I can't think of 1 junked up hole. The tee boxes were in good shape, the fairways were a bit wet ( i had several mud balls- to be expected when it is 106 out there). there were also some freshly punched fairways. The greens did not pass the eyeball test, but they rolled well, probably 9 to 11, and were receptive to the well struck approach. The bunkers are not the white sand, but a kind of dirt looking sand; I was in two green side bunkers where I found the texture to be wet and not consistent. They could stand some hand raking to redistribute the sand that piles to the bunkers face with the machine -only approach to maintenance.

I did get a fair price from golf now at $110, I have no squabble at that price.

Go play the course and enjoy!!

Commented on 07/19/2016

Hi Mr. Jacques,

Thank you choosing TPC Las Vegas and for taking the time to tell others about your experience. It's a shame you didn't use the GPS to call the golf shop...we would have brought you out a sandwich.

You painted an accurate description of your day and our course. We hope others will take your cue this summer and join us. Thanks again!

"Awesome!!"

jeffschell25's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/21/2016
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Played this course many times, I enjoy the challenge of the course. My buddies and I are from Tx, and we play this course every year. Well at least the past 4yrs. My question is, What time of year does the course do airefication (sp)? Our trip this year is for May 1-4. Thanks

Commented on 02/12/2017

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and loyalty to our club! We aerate May 30 and 31 this year. Please contact 702-256-2500 x 230 for a group quote. Early May 2017 is filling up fast. Take care and look forward to seeing you again!

"Great staff made our day!"

kyarnell1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2016

The staff and course conditions made this a fantastic day! We will be back.

Commented on 06/27/2016

On behalf of all our staff, thank you for choosing the TPC Las Vegas and writing in about your experience. We look forward to your return!