The Club at Sunrise

• 5483 Club House Dr, Las Vegas, Nevada 89142, Clark County
  • (702)813–6800
  • www.theclubatsunrise.com

Year built: 1964
Architect(s): Joe Lee (1964), Dick Wilson (1964)
Type: Public
Style: Traditional

Practice bunker: Yes
Teaching pro: No
Golf school / academy: No

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Silver 72 5613 yards 0.0 0
Bronze 72 4981 yards 0.0 0

Average Rating 3.7 stars from 5

"Repetitive course"

bink1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2017

The course was very boring to play. All 10 of the par 4s are exactly the same. All were under 400 yards with huge drop offs on the right and desert and bunkers on the left. Most of the fairways were in below average condition, but the tee boxes, greens, and fairways around the green were in excellent condition for a course that is very cheap to play. The greens were really excellent for the price, definitely the best part of the course. All the bunkers were filled with a lot of soft sand and responded very well.

The course is a good value, but I will not return because of the repetitiveness of the course that feels like you are playing the same hole the entire time.

I played during the Let's Play Golf which is an initiative to bring people to golf courses across the nation, but they were punching the tee boxes and fairways around the green while I was playing. I thought it was strange to schedule that maintenance during a time when you expect to have more people at the course.

I only dealt with one staff member and the reason for my 3 star rating was I had to contact GolfNow support because the pro shop did not want to honor the cost of my tee time and asked me to pay an additional $20 more to play. The eventually allowed me to play but I have never experienced this in my years of using GolfNow.

Course Layout: Poor

"Very good value and fair challenge"

majorduffer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/12/2017

We enjoyed the course as it was a fair challenge for our skill levels. The Las Vegas wash throughout the course definitely liked to suck up golf balls so error away from it on your shots. Greens were in nice condition, but were firm and shots didn't hold so play more to front yardage. We do not like that the course charges LV area vacationers more to play. If we are willing to spend our money in the LV economy then we should not be gouged for supporting the economy. Otherwise we will chose other vacation areas in the future to spend our money. If this course was not on Golfnow, we would not play it.

Also our large retirement group was planning a golf outing and this course and possibly LV will not be on our places to play

due to high resort fees add ons and surcharges to visitors at many of the golf courses.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/12/2017

"Interesting"

tominiowa's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2017

13 out 18 holes are along side a huge drainage ditch with small stream running. If you have any left to right on your ball it ends up in the bottom and many times in stream and your ball floats down the stream. You can hit the middle of the fairways and the slope is such you still end up on the stream. Landing area is very small many times. At the bottom you have blind shots back to the top. Thus it took 5 hours for a round. It can't be helped as most golfers were always going to bottom to hit and find balls. I doubt if booked full you would ever get done in less than 5 hours. Course condition was very good in fairways and greens. The staff was GREAT and very friendly. It isn't a course I enjoy and probably never go back. It was interesting also to see all the slum houses across the fence along the course. Even a junk trailer park is right next to it.

"New layout"

ker56's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/02/2017

An old course that has been completely redone. Nice open layout with smooth undulating greens.All the trouble is on the right side. Tough for right handed slicers.

"Joe Jet Says >>"

joejet45's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/04/2017

I've played this course about 10 times since it reopened as the Club at Sunrise. First played here back in the 70's when it was Desert Rose. It's a very good course to play if you are not a member of Trump's Golf Courses. Only problem with this course is that there is not enough bathroom stops for us older guys. I'm 71 and have played all around town and still enjoy this course. I recommend it and sooner or later I will land on #3 green instead of the water to the right. Go golf here and enjoy