The Club at Sunrise

Practice bunker: Yes
Teaching pro: No
Golf school / academy: No

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

"Lush in Vegas"

genebarth's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/07/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Played 4 courses on this trip and this was in best condition by far.

Greens were near perfect with good pace. Fairways in excellent condition. Staff exceptionally friendly.

Played in 3 and a half hours.

Drainage ditch comes into play on many of the holes but fairways are wide so not a serious problem unless you're wild off the tees.

Will play next trip.

Commented on 09/18/2017

We are glad you had such a great experience at our course. Next time, try our restaurant inside of the clubhouse after your round of golf. Looking forward to having you back out.

"Limited and Kind of Boring"

Glenn2988104's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Built around a major flood channel facility means that every hole slopes down toward the ditch, usually on the right, with bunkers guarding the left side of the fairway. Almost a dearth of trees, since those are incompatible with the function of a flood channel. There is very little variation from hole to hole, reaping a rather boring round. But, if you can hit a straight drive (doesn't even have to be that long), you can score well on this course.

"Rose among thorns"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

This course was challenging enough for my wife and I. The fairways were well maintained as well as the greens. As long as we kept our eyes on the course and not on the sights around the fairways and greens we were pleased.

Commented on 09/18/2017

We are glad you had a great experience while playing here. We hope to have you back soon and continue to experience the great course conditions!

"1st time golfing at this course"

Joseph7211579's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/28/2017

Course is an excellent shape. We played early in the morning (6am), to beat the heat! This is a "draw hitter" course, so don't go right!. Green's are great but little slow. Rough is very rough, so again don't go right.. Course is very challenging. If u go early, remember to play fast! The pace is very fast, especially with all the morning golfers! Will come back again to play it. I booked thru "golfnow hot deals", so can't beat the price!

Commented on 09/18/2017

We are glad you had a great experience and will be back. Next time you are back the greens will be in much better shape for you!

bruceb59's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

"A Hole lot nicer"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017

Everything was perfect it was just too hot to finish. But from the new clubhouse to the greeter Daniel to the course changes and conditions and the staff all was wonderful especially the beer on the turn help us through halfway on the back 9

Commented on 09/18/2017

We are happy you had a great experience, but am sorry to hear it was too hot to finish. Weather is getting cooler so we look forward to having you back out to finish a round.

"Slicer's nightmare!"

Dominick6635065's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2017

Greens and fairways are great since remodel, Don't know grass type, but it has held up fantastic through all seasons here, difficult in the am since still soaking wet, odd to see so much standing water considering all the slope. If you can't hit a draw or at least a straight ball you may not like this course, everything slopes to the right, into the wash, while the holes tend to turn to the left, there are holes where if you hit a slight fade down the middle your ball will be lost in wash due to slope, the slope is too steep to drive carts down so if your hitting there be prepared to do some hiking, most people I've played with give up on ball if they don't see it from up top, me included. They have only one port-a-potty on each nine, and no water coolers. Price's are very fair, to be honest they are half the price they could be, hope they don't read this,lol. Best tip i can give is you don't always need driver, this is one where laying up can dramatically improve your score, not so much on par 5's, but on most of the 4's,

Commented on 09/18/2017

Thank you for the review! The Grass type is Paspalum and it is great, lasts through all the seasons!

"Repetitive course"

bink1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2017

The course was very boring to play. All 10 of the par 4s are exactly the same. All were under 400 yards with huge drop offs on the right and desert and bunkers on the left. Most of the fairways were in below average condition, but the tee boxes, greens, and fairways around the green were in excellent condition for a course that is very cheap to play. The greens were really excellent for the price, definitely the best part of the course. All the bunkers were filled with a lot of soft sand and responded very well.

The course is a good value, but I will not return because of the repetitiveness of the course that feels like you are playing the same hole the entire time.

I played during the Let's Play Golf which is an initiative to bring people to golf courses across the nation, but they were punching the tee boxes and fairways around the green while I was playing. I thought it was strange to schedule that maintenance during a time when you expect to have more people at the course.

I only dealt with one staff member and the reason for my 3 star rating was I had to contact GolfNow support because the pro shop did not want to honor the cost of my tee time and asked me to pay an additional $20 more to play. The eventually allowed me to play but I have never experienced this in my years of using GolfNow.

Course Layout: Poor

"Very good value and fair challenge"

majorduffer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/12/2017

We enjoyed the course as it was a fair challenge for our skill levels. The Las Vegas wash throughout the course definitely liked to suck up golf balls so error away from it on your shots. Greens were in nice condition, but were firm and shots didn't hold so play more to front yardage. We do not like that the course charges LV area vacationers more to play. If we are willing to spend our money in the LV economy then we should not be gouged for supporting the economy. Otherwise we will chose other vacation areas in the future to spend our money. If this course was not on Golfnow, we would not play it.

Also our large retirement group was planning a golf outing and this course and possibly LV will not be on our places to play

due to high resort fees add ons and surcharges to visitors at many of the golf courses.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/12/2017

"Interesting"

tominiowa's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2017

13 out 18 holes are along side a huge drainage ditch with small stream running. If you have any left to right on your ball it ends up in the bottom and many times in stream and your ball floats down the stream. You can hit the middle of the fairways and the slope is such you still end up on the stream. Landing area is very small many times. At the bottom you have blind shots back to the top. Thus it took 5 hours for a round. It can't be helped as most golfers were always going to bottom to hit and find balls. I doubt if booked full you would ever get done in less than 5 hours. Course condition was very good in fairways and greens. The staff was GREAT and very friendly. It isn't a course I enjoy and probably never go back. It was interesting also to see all the slum houses across the fence along the course. Even a junk trailer park is right next to it.

"New layout"

ker56's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/02/2017

An old course that has been completely redone. Nice open layout with smooth undulating greens.All the trouble is on the right side. Tough for right handed slicers.

"Joe Jet Says >>"

joejet45's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/04/2017

I've played this course about 10 times since it reopened as the Club at Sunrise. First played here back in the 70's when it was Desert Rose. It's a very good course to play if you are not a member of Trump's Golf Courses. Only problem with this course is that there is not enough bathroom stops for us older guys. I'm 71 and have played all around town and still enjoy this course. I recommend it and sooner or later I will land on #3 green instead of the water to the right. Go golf here and enjoy