Primm Valley Golf Club - Lakes Course

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is worth the drive at a resort near local attractions   Great for locals playing multiple courses a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

Golfmanianut's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/09/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

golfinggpa's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/07/2017

"Wow what a great valye"

golfinggpa's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/07/2017

The Links course was immaculate the fairways and greens pristine the value of the course for the money was outstanding it is the best course I have played in several months based on the quality of the fairways and greens and a supply.

I would recommend this golf course, and I have to several friends this past weekend, to play this course every time they come to Las Vegas it is a great value and the conditions of the course were immaculate

"lakes course worth the time"

jamesporr's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/07/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Primm has two courses- the lakes and the desert. The lakes course in the premier course and in much better condition than the desert, The fairways are lush and the greens are in good condition.

Be aware that Primm gets windy and it you have a little breeze in las Vegas you may have twenty mile per hour garbage at primm,

The tenth hole was not marked well and it took a bit to find it. There is no marshall so if you get stuck behind a slow group - not much you can do.

Overall the course is worth the drive- about 30 minutes from Vegas.

The kitchen closes early and the 19th hole shut down at 330 which seemed a bit early

"a good play"

u352086966's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/04/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

It was cold and windy on my day of play, but the weather conditions were offset by the course conditions and the friendly staff. If your in the area Play This Course.

"Great value"

casentyler's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/03/2017

Always enjoy playing this course-friendly staff and course is in great condition

"Is this the same golf course?"

JDF26's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/12/2017

I heard Primm was under new management and conditions have improved. Could not believe my eyes. The Lakes course is immaculate. Way better than any course in town. Guy in the shop said they will be raising the rates soon and I can see why. I will be back very soon. Drive is only 30 minutes to save $$$$. Great deal.

"Wide open"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/04/2017

Very generous fairways and the greens were receptive. Enjoyed it very much.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 11/16/2017:

Awesome! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Primm Valley Golf Club. Come back and tee it up with us again soon.

"A must play"

u352086966's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/30/2017

This was my second time playing this course. The course was, once again, in great condition. Fairways were well groomed and the greens were smooth, fast and true. If you are traveling anywhere near southern Nevada, play this course.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 11/02/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to write this great 4-star review! We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed our improving course conditions and we appreciate you recommending Primm to other golfers.

"Best public course and value in Vegas"

Golfmanianut's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/28/2017

As a local, I've played every single course in Vegas ad nauseum. Most other courses in town are very similar desert layouts and lined with homes. It does get old which is why I've found Primm to be one of the best public options and by far the best value.

The course is beautifully tree lined and you don't feel like you're playing in the desert like most other courses in town. There are beautiful views of the mountains and no homes like many other courses in town which I hate. Challenging but fair layout for all handicaps.

There was a period in the past I felt the conditions had deteriorated and I didn't want to play it anymore but a recent visit after their overseed showed it's back in fantastic shape and a pleasant surprise.

It is a little more of a drive to the state border but worth it. I usually stop by the Primm outlets for some shopping on the way back. The staff are some of the friendliest and most professional I've encountered in the city. The service feel of a private club. Highly recommend.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 11/02/2017:

Excellent! Thank you for choosing Primm Valley Golf Club. We have recently started a large-scale reinvestment into all 36 holes at Primm and appreciate that you noticed. Thanks for sharing some great photos from your round as well. We look forward to your next round with us.

Commented on 11/04/2017

I have one criticism this weekend. Had a 1 pm tee time. Your staff and maintanence crew rushed us off the range at 12:30 to close it. Many of us did not get a chance to warm up. This is not right. Your afternoon customers should have the same privileges as your morning customers and equal access to the range. Staff rushed us off. Group behind us didn’t even get access at all. The maintenance should accommodate your customers and not the other way around.

"Great layout"

smitty2309's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/26/2017

Really liked the course layout, very challenging , but fair. Fairways were quite sparse, although the rough was green and lush. Sand traps were all under repair and had to be played as GUR. Balls plugged in the few sand traps that had new sand in them. The clubhouse and washrooms were a little rundown. A super layout and if course conditions were better, it would be a must play!

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 11/02/2017:

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. We are actively working on the bunker situation and we apologize that you caught us in the middle of the project, but hopeful that you will join us in the future to see the finished product! See you again soon.

"Great day of golf"

sdale16807's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/22/2017

Greens were great/friendly staff/ loved the lakes layout/worth the drive.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 10/27/2017:

Awesome! That's what we like to hear. Thank you for the 5 stars. Book another tee time with us soon.

Ray8806572's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/20/2017

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 10/26/2017:

Thank you, Ray! Come back and see us again soon.

"Gem in the middle of nowhere."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/18/2017

My wife and I were in Vegas for the week. She played 3 courses with me and I played 2 more on my own. 2 average courses and 3 upscale. I decided to take the drive to CA and play Primm on my own…very glad I did. I booked the course after some mixed reviews but got a hot deal on golfnow and figured it was a good idea to keep me out of the casino. The course is in transition after the new company took it over, but is very close to finished. Fairways were in great shape and greens rolled quick but true. Half of the sand traps are still under construction, but the other half were pristine. Senior tour qualifier coming in January and I understand why. Staff was excellent. It is a good layout and I bet the course is going to be fantastic in another month or two, but still worth the drive now. It is a boring drive from Vegas and I was advised not to stop at the casinos on the way back, but definitely recommend playing if you’re in Vegas for the price.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 10/27/2017:

Thank you for choosing to play Primm Valley Golf Club! We are very excited to hear your positive feedback on the course improvements. We have recently started a large-scale reinvestment into all 36 holes at Primm and appreciate that you noticed! Next time you're in the Las Vegas area be sure to make the drive out here again.

"Greens"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2017

The course was in great shape the greens were fantastic.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 10/06/2017:

Awesome! Thanks for your 5-star review. We hope to see you out here for another round soon.

"Great layout"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017

Enjoyed playing Primm ... this course is fun to play and worth the 30 mins drive from Vegas

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 09/14/2017:

Thank you for your review and 5-star rating! We're glad to hear that the drive out here was worth it for you and we hope you join us for another round soon.

"Laying the lakes"

JKCollins's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2017

A great day at a very nice golf club. I played "The Lakes" 18 on a Tuesday mid-morning. I was greeted by a very friendly and helpful staff. I'd never played here before but I'd heard from friends that it was "pretty good" for the money. I enjoyed the practice tees (all the balls you can hit are out there waiting for you), and manicured chipping and putting greens. My cart was furnished with extra towels, a cooler of ice, and 2 bottles of water for drinking. since it was hot, I took an extra-long break after the front nine and enjoyed excellent food and great service from the waitress while dining inside in the air conditioning. (Patio seating is also available)

I found the course well maintained, interesting, and challenging, with a good variety of holes. Never boring. I'll be back for sure. I think I'll try the "Desert" 18 next time.

Be sure to give this place a try.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 08/29/2017:

Thanks, JK! The Desert course is currently closed for a few weeks and we are excited to unveil a fresh product in exceptional condition. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thanks for taking the time to review our golf course!

"One of my favorites!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

Fun layout, always great staff, plays fast, 36 holes. Always a good time!

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 08/29/2017:

Thank you! Book another round with us soon.

"It's not what it use to be... needs a lot of work"

tommy92683's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/11/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I haven't played the Lakes course in number of years and I use to love both courses, it was hard to believe that there was two beautiful courses at the California / Nevada state line. Every time I'd been in the past the courses were extremely well kept and in immaculate condition... a top notch resort style courses. But it appears that was back then... now the courses are kind of run down... on the Lakes course the tee boxes were good but that's where the good news stops. The fairways were marginally OK and the brown dead grass clippings everywhere, not just a little, there were lines and chunks everywhere which is just lazy maintenance and looks awful. I want to see and play lush green fairways. The sand traps were the worst I've ever seen for any course. First there's the lack of sand to the point that the liner material is exposed and tore up from shots being played. That's just a sign of poor maintenance or lack any maintenance. If a course can't maintain a sand trap then just fill it in and just have grass. The greens were OK, they were somewhat smooth but they lacked some maintenance because they could and use to be so much better. Overall I would skip this course (and the Desert course it looked to be in worse shape) until it gets brought back into good playable condition. I did read some bad reviews online before I booked our tee times but I didn't want to believe because of my past experience and especially since I called the Pro Shop and was told the courses were in "great shape except were a few sand traps" and they were in the process of renovating. After out first round on the Lakes side we canceled our tee time for the Desert side and opted to play in Las Vegas... the next day we played at Siena Golf Club which was a good golf experience especially given the last minute tee time, plus we found it at a summer discounted special online.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 08/17/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, Tommy. Preparations for our overseed process requires the lowering of our mower heights, hence the excessive clippings and brown tint to some areas. This is required to ensure the excellent playing conditions during the cooler months. We apologize that your round was in the middle of this step. While they are not the lush green fairways experienced in cooler weather, we believe the turf conditions are still very good.

The process of reshaping and improving the bunkers has begun as well. We understand that during this period the bunkers are tough to play from but rest assured they will be excellent very soon.

We are in the beginning stages of a major overhaul of our facility and are excited to showcase the results in the coming weeks. We sincerely apologize that our conditions were not what you expected and we will contact you privately to make things right. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to exceeding your expectations next time!<br/>

Commented on 08/17/2017

Followup... Primm Valley Golf contacted me with an apology which I sent a response. I do appreciate that they took the time to contact me and address the issues with the review I posted. I am hoping that after the work that they have planned the courses will be brought back to "what they use to be" in the past. Should I play there again after the renovations I will post an update and hopefully it will be a positive one.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2017

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 07/31/2017:

We appreciate your 4-star rating! Join us for another round soon.