Primm Valley Golf Club - Lakes Course

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is worth the drive at a resort near local attractions   Great for locals playing multiple courses a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Greens"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2017

The course was in great shape the greens were fantastic.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 10/06/2017:

Awesome! Thanks for your 5-star review. We hope to see you out here for another round soon.

"Great layout"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017

Enjoyed playing Primm ... this course is fun to play and worth the 30 mins drive from Vegas

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 09/14/2017:

Thank you for your review and 5-star rating! We're glad to hear that the drive out here was worth it for you and we hope you join us for another round soon.

"Laying the lakes"

JKCollins's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2017

A great day at a very nice golf club. I played "The Lakes" 18 on a Tuesday mid-morning. I was greeted by a very friendly and helpful staff. I'd never played here before but I'd heard from friends that it was "pretty good" for the money. I enjoyed the practice tees (all the balls you can hit are out there waiting for you), and manicured chipping and putting greens. My cart was furnished with extra towels, a cooler of ice, and 2 bottles of water for drinking. since it was hot, I took an extra-long break after the front nine and enjoyed excellent food and great service from the waitress while dining inside in the air conditioning. (Patio seating is also available)

I found the course well maintained, interesting, and challenging, with a good variety of holes. Never boring. I'll be back for sure. I think I'll try the "Desert" 18 next time.

Be sure to give this place a try.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 08/29/2017:

Thanks, JK! The Desert course is currently closed for a few weeks and we are excited to unveil a fresh product in exceptional condition. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thanks for taking the time to review our golf course!

"One of my favorites!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

Fun layout, always great staff, plays fast, 36 holes. Always a good time!

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 08/29/2017:

Thank you! Book another round with us soon.

"It's not what it use to be... needs a lot of work"

tommy92683's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/11/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I haven't played the Lakes course in number of years and I use to love both courses, it was hard to believe that there was two beautiful courses at the California / Nevada state line. Every time I'd been in the past the courses were extremely well kept and in immaculate condition... a top notch resort style courses. But it appears that was back then... now the courses are kind of run down... on the Lakes course the tee boxes were good but that's where the good news stops. The fairways were marginally OK and the brown dead grass clippings everywhere, not just a little, there were lines and chunks everywhere which is just lazy maintenance and looks awful. I want to see and play lush green fairways. The sand traps were the worst I've ever seen for any course. First there's the lack of sand to the point that the liner material is exposed and tore up from shots being played. That's just a sign of poor maintenance or lack any maintenance. If a course can't maintain a sand trap then just fill it in and just have grass. The greens were OK, they were somewhat smooth but they lacked some maintenance because they could and use to be so much better. Overall I would skip this course (and the Desert course it looked to be in worse shape) until it gets brought back into good playable condition. I did read some bad reviews online before I booked our tee times but I didn't want to believe because of my past experience and especially since I called the Pro Shop and was told the courses were in "great shape except were a few sand traps" and they were in the process of renovating. After out first round on the Lakes side we canceled our tee time for the Desert side and opted to play in Las Vegas... the next day we played at Siena Golf Club which was a good golf experience especially given the last minute tee time, plus we found it at a summer discounted special online.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 08/17/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, Tommy. Preparations for our overseed process requires the lowering of our mower heights, hence the excessive clippings and brown tint to some areas. This is required to ensure the excellent playing conditions during the cooler months. We apologize that your round was in the middle of this step. While they are not the lush green fairways experienced in cooler weather, we believe the turf conditions are still very good.

The process of reshaping and improving the bunkers has begun as well. We understand that during this period the bunkers are tough to play from but rest assured they will be excellent very soon.

We are in the beginning stages of a major overhaul of our facility and are excited to showcase the results in the coming weeks. We sincerely apologize that our conditions were not what you expected and we will contact you privately to make things right. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to exceeding your expectations next time!<br/>

Commented on 08/17/2017

Followup... Primm Valley Golf contacted me with an apology which I sent a response. I do appreciate that they took the time to contact me and address the issues with the review I posted. I am hoping that after the work that they have planned the courses will be brought back to "what they use to be" in the past. Should I play there again after the renovations I will post an update and hopefully it will be a positive one.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2017

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 07/31/2017:

We appreciate your 4-star rating! Join us for another round soon.

"Seen better days!"

eckenrode's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/20/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I have always loved this course and play it every time I come to Las Vegas. But it has seen better days. While the course is still a great facility, it's obviously been neglected. There is little or no maintenence going on here. There was stagnet water in the lakes, absolutely no sand in the bunkers and greens hadn't been rolled in weeks. The fairways were dried out and the weeds were taking over. It has gone from a 5 star facility to just above a "goat ranch". Really sad!!!!! I hope this isn't the sign of what's to come. I will say the staff still has a great attitude and were very welcoming. I hope they can keep Primm Valley going.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 08/14/2017:

Thank you for choosing Primm Valley Golf Club every time you visit Las Vegas. We appreciate your continued business and feedback regarding the course conditions. Our staff is working hard every day to make the necessary improvements and we hope the next time you visit we can exceed your expectations.

"Great for value"

golfpropat's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2017

Golf course in great shape and greens were perfect.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 08/03/2017:

Awesome! We appreciate you commenting on how great our course conditions are. We hope you join us for another round soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2017

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 07/31/2017:

Thank you for choosing Primm Valley Golf Club! We hope to see you out here again soon.

Jerry7997535's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2017

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 07/31/2017:

Awesome! Thank you, Jerry. Come see us again soon.

uLMTV4948LM's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 06/12/2017:

Thanks for the 5 stars! Hope to see you out here for many more rounds to come.

"Primm valley Golf"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2017

We always look forward to playing Primm. Pace of play is excellent, course conditions are very good, especially for a complex in the middle of the desert.

But, the real asset to the courses is the staff.

Julie, Kyle and Mark made sure we had an enjoyable ezperience.

We played the Desert Course Saurday and Lakes on Sunday and had a great experience on both,

We can't wait to return!

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 06/06/2017:

Fantastic! Sounds like you had a great experience and we appreciate you taking the time to share. Glad that you were able to play both courses. We look forward to your next round with us.

"Great course, attractive and easy to access"

Adelgadillo123's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2017

Friendly staff, helpful and knowledgeable. We played the Lakes and it was challenging enough for us as a couple with a handicap of 21 and 33. It was close to 100 degrees by 2PM. Thankfully, the beverage girl came by frequently and offered complementary bottles of water and ice and drinks for purchase. The price for beverages was reasonable in comparison to other courses. One final comment, the Lakes course has a lot more shade than the desert course.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 06/06/2017:

Thank you for your review, Adel! We understand that it gets very hot out there so we make sure that the beverage cart is frequently available. Come join us for another round soon.

"Primm Valley Lake Course Reveiw"

lynnfetterly's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2017

Fairways were in poor condition. Grass appeared to need water or something. Bunkers had not sand. All were hard pan. Greens had some damage. Need repair of the greens. Overall I would not recommend the course in its current condition.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 05/25/2017:

Thank you for your feedback, Lynn. We're sorry to hear that you feel this way about our golf course. Our course conditions are improving daily and we hope you'll give us another shot in the near future.

"Stay Away"

Sganslae's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

We have played Primm Valley many times in the past but not in the last 3 years. We found the course conditions horrible. Spotty areas in the fairways and rough and very very very slow greens.

We traveled 45 minutes from LasVegas and expected much better than this

Either the course superintendent needs to be fired or the course needs to spend lots more on Maintainence.

Stay away

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 05/03/2017:

Thank you for your review. We apologize that the greens were not up to what you expect from Primm! We pride ourselves on excellent putting surfaces throughout the year. The greens were fertilized on the 14th, which would explain the slower speeds. Sorry that you caught us on an off day! Thanks for taking the time to make the trip to Primm and we look forward to seeing you soon!

"Lots of sand traps with no sand"

db3733's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2017

The course was great besides the traps. The traps literally had no sand in them. And because of the severity of the depth and lip heights, it was nearly impossible to get out of traps. A normally great course was made entirely substandard

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 05/03/2017:

Thank you for your review and feedback. We understand that the bunkers are not up to par at the moment and we are going to be addressing the issue in the near future. We hope to see you out here again soon.

"Worth the drive"

markp61's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2017

Had read a few reviews of Primm and we managed to get a Hot Deal on Golfnow. The pace was a bit slow until we managed to pass the group holding us up. The conditions were good and would play again for the same price.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 05/03/2017:

Awesome! Sounds like you had a great time, Mark. We're glad to hear that the group in front of you eventually let you play through. Don't forget to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.

"Worth the drive"

Jack3509741's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2017

This course is about 30 min from town, very affordable, and in good shape. 2 18 hole loops. Both different from the other. Large practice facility nice balcony for drinks. And the staff is very friendly, they want your business.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 05/03/2017:

Thank you very much, Jack! Glad to hear that you enjoy both courses. Be sure to join us for another round soon!

"Not like it used to BE"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

we have been coming to Primm for 10 years, in the last 3 years the Course has gone down hill, customer service was almost nil, shape of the fairways on the lake side pretty poor. first nine we did the lakes, slow play a group of 40 were ahead of us. we moved to the Desert side for the remaining 9 holes, the Desert side is in much better shape the fairways were good. It seems the Course Management have put profit ahead of keeping a quality course

"Good bones gone bad"

wintergolfer1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2017

U can see it was a grest course but has suffered from low revenues.greens are good fairways are thin traps need sand

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 05/03/2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your thoughts and feedback. We are aware that the bunkers need work and we look forward to addressing the issue soon. As we continue to improve all areas of our golf course we hope you'll join us for another round in the near future. Thank you.