Harbour Town Golf Links at Sea Pines Resort

Carolina (W) 71 5762 yards 74.1 137
Palmetto 71 5002 yards 66.2 117
Palmetto (W) 71 5002 yards 69.6 122

Average Rating 4.9 stars from 5

Location is at a resort near local attractions   Great for a bucket list/top 100 pick advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards narrow fairways bunkers   Great for 19th hole scenic views drinks patio dining

"Great experience"

Calubar's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2017

My wife and I played on a Monday morning. The pace was good and our Fore Caddie, TJ, was great. He was very knowledgeable of the approach to the holes and made sure we had fun. He never failed to find our ball, even on some of our more errant shots. He took photos for us along the way. Conditions were excellent. The course has some beautiful and challenging holes. It is pricy, but it was the most memorable experience of our week in Hilto Head. I highly recommend playing here if you are in HH.

"What can I say!!!"

murphy14's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2017

Been waiting to play this course for years. Watched tourney on tv so many times that this time in Hilton Head we said we definitely we'd play and so we made our tee time. Our fore caddy Paul (every group has one) was great. No lost balls and he helped us read all putts. Greens have subtle breaks so if you play use their knowledge. Course was in great shape. Souls definitely play this again. Much better views then you see on tv.

Alan8116602's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2017

"Harbor Town Golf at it's best"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2017

This is a beautiful golf course that is well maintained and fair, but challegening lay-out. Steve, our fourcaddie was super friendly and very helpful. I would recommend this course to anyone who can afford the greens fee!

"Expectations exceeded on a bucket list course"

GolfFan33's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

From the second you arrive at Sea Pines Resort, you feel like your shoulders drop two inches and the stresses of life melt away. When you get to the course, your greeted by friendly staff and the experience never stops. The course is epic and requires accuracy, patience, and a good caddy. We had a perfect caddy named Rick who I would recommend requesting. 17 and 18 are arguably the best two finishing holes in golf. You must play this course, and you'll be happy you did.

"Paid $199 to play and paired with a first time golfer"

aced4x131's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/20/2017

I have always wanted to play Harbortown during my many visits to HILTON HEAD. I have play many cheaper courses as a single knowing that it is pot luck as to who I play with. Seldom have had a bad experience. Today was different. Harbortown is a bucket list course with all of its history and PGA tournament. I ask the starter who I am paired with and he points to three guys at the 1st tee. We introduce ourselves and proceed to teeoff. The required fore caddie provides helpful instructions. Then things go terribly bad. The first time player, nice young man, polite, knows nothing about golf swing or cart sharing promptly hacks two balls in the pond. I say to myself, OK everyone has a bad start some days. This goes on for the rest of the round. I am cart partner and have to walk back the retrieve it numerous times because he does not know the away rule. Finally On the 18th tee, he tops three drives and the forecaddie Mike has done very little to remedy the situation all day so why start now. This should have been a special experience regardless of my score but it was not. Management should require proof of USGA handicap and pair accordingly. I would have gladly played later in another group.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/14/2017

"Stern Test of Golf"

Anthony9184196's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/02/2017
First time playing Walked Perfect weather

The course was excellent with amazing conditioning. It is one of Pete Dye's first designs. It will test every aspect of your game, placing a premium on ball striking, accuracy, and short game. The fairways are narrow, surround by beautiful low-country trees. The greens are small typically surrounded by very strategic bunkering.

Probably the best collection of par 3's I've ever played. One of the arguments I've read is that all the par 3s play about the same distance. Not on the day I played. I hit wedge, 9 iron, 7 iron, and 6 iron into each par 3. Absolutely spectacular.

To me, the only drawback is that the course plays through a condo/housing development with several intersecting roads. The houses really don't come into play, but in my opinion, the layout would feel much more spectacular.

Highly recommend the course to test your game and experience a course with great PGA Tour history.

The new clubhouse is magnificent and some of the best staff I've experienced. If you go here, it is much better to walk as it is flat.

"1st PGA Tour Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/28/2016
First time playing Walked

This was the 2nd course of a 3 course package at Sea Pines Resort. My " Villa " was directly across the street but I kept to my routine of being there 1 hour before Tee time to check in hit balls putt and quite honestly immerse myself in a place where the men I watch from Thursday to Sunday actually go to work. They morning was clear unlike yesterdays round at Heron Point, I could see the whole place and the field. I checked in and gave my round voucher ( you should get a voucher for each course in your welcome pack ) and then became a kid in a candy store in the pro shop. Using some self control I got the Harbour Town Tartan bag towel a logo ball and a poker chip and a yardage book. My bag was on my cart the starter directed me to the practice range and said my partner Mr. Johnson was over there hitting balls already. The practice range seemed small to me for some reason maybe because it is narrow ? Anyway,, The range balls are in a leather bucket with a leather strap for carrying ( very Cool ) after hitting a few balls Mr. Johnson and I began the typical chit chat the I introduced myself as did he Dustin Johnson he said. It was just about our tee time and we went to the starter where we where introduced to Boyd our Forecaddie , I never had a forecaddie or a caddy this was definitely new. He rattled off the yardage and a beware of this and that and then lets go ! Pine straw left but not a disaster but double on first hole. I'm not going to talk you through the next 17 holes but I was ok until 17 the par 3 and 18 the finishing hole, I splashed 3 balls on those 2 holes finished with a 99. I could have done better and maybe next time I will.

The next day I went back to turn in my Caddie rating card and meander the pro shop again, I bought a windbreaker and it was pouring rain when I was at the register. The gentleman suggested I go upstairs to check out the locker room he showed me the stairs the walls are cover with paintings of everyone of the game,, stepping into the locker area " the angels sang " each locker has all the pro's names on them Boo Weakly Jerry Kelly Jason Dufner, Matt Kucher,, Everybody. I turned the corner to the lounge room the two guys sitting by the window made me feel very welcome the one man had an ear for accents and said directly " youre from Philadelphia,, he's right. If you go here fellow players don't just run out to play golf, live it , breath it, be it, if just for a little while. I did and I'll never forget it.

And,

Dustin Johnson was from Seattle Washington

"Harbour Town thriving once again after hurricane"

BrandonTuckerGA's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2016
Previously played Walked Excellent weather

The Hilton Head area was one of the hardest hit during Hurricane Matthew in early October, so I was a little nervous about what I'd see at Sea Pines. But the courses all bounced back wonderfully, including Harbour Town, which reported nearly 500 tree lost. The fallen trees really don't impact the course routing too much with just a handful of exceptions, and the resort is working to have new ones, just fewer than 30 in total, transplanted to those spots this winter. But conditions couldn't have been better, as the overseeded rye grass has grown in nicely.

Aside from an iconic course design by Pete Dye and Jack Nicklaus, what separates Harbour Town from some of the other high-dollar resort courses in the east however is the operation and upgraded amenities. This is one of the pricier rounds in the country but the member-for-a-day experience is really second to none. The locker room is possibly the nicest I've ever seen at a golf course, complete with RBC memorabilia and you can even have lunch there. The staff here, from bag boys to caddies, all do an exceptional job and take an immense amount of pride in working at one of the country's top resort courses. And that pride in resorting the grounds was certainly on display after Matthew unleashed its fury on the island.

"Beach golf at it's finest"

Keith0709's avatar
Georgia Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/15/2016

Wow! I was in Hilton head for the weekend and was only going to play one time so of course play here. Harbor Town is truly spectacular. From the time you get out of the car. With it being the number one course in South Carolina it's kind of a must play. The clubhouse is great and the restraunt is great. The driving, chipping, and putting areas are great. Ounce you hit the course you will start in the woods. By the way did I mention the PGA tour holds a tournament here. 3 is a great hole and can't get enough of 14. The trees here are buetiful and the rough is thick with fast greens. 17 is out on the intercostal the par 3 is into the wind and the front bunker that I was in was rough to get out of. 18 is a great finishing hole on the intercostal with the famous light house in the background. After your round go to the top of the lighthouse where you can see miles to Georgia and North Carolina. If you are staying in Hilton head check out the Salty dog cafe it's where all the tourist go and a great hotel is the holiday inn beach house. I highly reccomend this difficult course to anybody.

"Mt Beautiful Harbour Town"

Christosbob's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/11/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

I have played this course quite a few times and it never ceases to amaze me how wonderful a place can be. Even after hurricane Mathew, the grounds crew managed to clean up the debris and opened before Thanksgiving. The staff, like usual were awesome. And if you get a chance. Dine at the Links. Richard and his staff are amazing. The food was so good, I ate there three times. Thank you Harbour .Town. Until next time.

Christopher Skedzuhn

"Checked another one off the bucket list"

Howellbk's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Played the Sunday after Hurricane Hermine just through. I was thoroughly impressed with the condition of the course considering the storm that just passed.

There was more brush, leaves and limbs off of the rough than normal, but all things considered, the course was in impeccable shape.

It's always fun to play a course you know well from watching it on TV. It was made even better by perfect weather and our fore-caddie, Shea. He was knowledgeable and made the day more enjoyable by his attitude and sense of humor.

"More than met expectations"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/31/2016

I'm on a modest income and happened to be in savannah on business and couldn't pass up the opportunity to play here. I was a little apprehensive over the steep price tag associated, but I can assure you that it was completely worth it.

I booked a couple hours ahead of time as a single and had no issues getting out. The course was closing early for maintenance that day (3pm) and I was lucky enough to be the last one out alone. I booked a caddie and walked the course for the full experience. DONT cart this course if you're only planning on playing it once, you really will miss out on the full experience if you do.

The staff was amazing from the time I arrived to the time I left. The staff and facilities are truly first class and ive never experienced a course quite like this one. Make sure to check out the locker room and restaurant as they are well worth your time.

The course itself was tough and punishes you if you aren't accurate. Work on your punch shots before coming and play it safe when you're debating a course of action on a shot! Greens were excellent, fast and true. Bunkers were a treat to play out of.

The pace of play was a little slow (5:10 round), but I expected to be slow as a single anyways, and honestly I couldn't have cared less. I had some great conversations with my caddie Rick who was truly top notch. I actually played really badly that day but he truly made the experience enjoyable despite that fact. Thanks again Rick, you're first class all the way!

Coming down 17 and 18 in the sunset was truly an amazing experience, almost surreal. If you have the chance to play this course do it, and if you can stand the heat try for an afternoon round to finish the same way I did as it adds even more to it. You won't be disappointed with this gem. I played The Club at Savannah Harbour the day prior and they don't even compare.

"Harbour Town bucket list check"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/29/2016

Great day in Hilton Head. Course in great shape. Very friendly and attentive staff from the moment you arrive to time of departure. Pretty stiff price but hey, the views on 17 and 18 pay for themselves. Only minor gripe was that there seemed to be maintenance staff everywhere. Generators and engines running, work vehicles zipping around, and tons of saws trimming branches. Felt like I was avoiding grounds staff on every hole or having them wait on me to finish a shot to rev up the engines again. Doesn't give a person a very relaxed feel. Great track and holes were a lot less intimidating than I thought. Bunkers were soooo pure. Glad to knock it off my bucket list...

"Bucket List"

YankeesFan2's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/18/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

If you get a chance to play the course at Harbour Town, do it, even if it costs you a few extra bucks. Having played around the country, I can confidently say that there is no other place quite like Harbour Town.

Even though the course had just been aerated, the greens were rolling and the overall experience wasn't hindered at all. Our fore caddy, Jimmy, obviously knew the course extremely well and was able to guide us effectively through the tricky layout. The only thing I would say is definitely walk, because it was carts on path for us, which became somewhat of a nuisance. The course seemed very walkable because it was so flat.

To be honest though, we could have paid full price to play the last three holes and been completely satisfied. As you walk up to sixteen green, you begin to see the water and realize why this course has been such a perennial favorite for PGA Tour golfers. One thing I would recommend is to take a tee shot from the PGA tees on 18 just to see what it feels like. Oh, and be sure to save your best swing for that tee shot because it is a large forced carry just to get to the landing area.

"Incredible Golf Outing"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2016

A truly incredible golf experience for me! Has been on my golf bucket list for some time know and definitely lived up to all my expectations. Played the Tournament markers and what a test of golf. Gives you a whole appreciation of what the pros can do! Great staff and caddy Chris who did an incredible job with taking care of all our on course needs. Course was in excellent condition. Walked a lot with cart path only rules. Would have enjoyed walking the whole course as it is very walker friendly! Greens are very firm and quick and a lot of fun! Held a well struck shot with proper club selection! I hope I can do it again someday!

"A review is really not needed.."

Filthy20's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/20/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

If you are reading this review and contemplating if you should play the course or not - this course probably isn't for you - a review is really not needed..

This is a PGA tour spot. It's expensive. It's in perfect shape. It's really difficult. There are trees everywhere, luckily knocking wayward shots down. ProV's on the driving range. Amazing clubhouse and amenities. 17 and 18 have a gorgeous view of the water - looks better without the PGA grandstands as you see during the event on TV.

We had some bad afternoon thunderstorms roll through, causing a short delay. It was somewhat unsettling playing in the thunder, lightning and rain - but we were cautious, I guess..

This place is top notch. Expensive, but worth it. Check this one off the list!

"amazing"

golfersparadise's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2016

I showed up and my clubs were immediately taken out and putt on a cart. First I went inside the massive clubhouse and payed for my round and went up to the locker room were all of the names from the rbc heritage were still up. In the locker room they had jars of candy and a server waiting to give you food. Outside there was a huge putting green chipping green and driving range. The The driving range had prov1 balls and about 15 targets to hit to. To start the round I paired up with to other guys and we got our forecaddie. Our forecaddie was amazing. He told us how to play each hole were to land it and was excellent with yardage and reading putts. I love the fact that harbour town is cart path only because it keeps the grass in perfect condition and is not constantly being run over by tires. Now to the course. Some people may say that the glory of harbour town comes in only two holes but I have to disagree. Every hole on the course amazed me. Huge trees lined every fairway and made the course very tight. On some holes you had to land it on the right quarter of the fairway or you would be blocked out by a tree. The approaches were even tighter and you had to be deadly accurate. On this course there was not a lot of rough because if you missed the fairway you were either in pine straw or waste bunker. The greens on the course we're like rocks, so firm and so fast. All of the Inland holes at harbour town were amazing and they got even better on 17 and 18. When u turned the corner on the dog leg 16th and saw the cabilugue song it was awesome. You could see for miles across the sound. Trying to hit the ball onto 17 was so hard because it was impossible to focus on the hole. 18 was the greatest hole I have ever played. I aimed right at the lighthouse and hit a perfect drive straight to it. The second shot was perfect and as I looked out onto the sound I realized how amazing this really was. Overall it was just a perfect majestic day.

"What a fantastic experience"

BostonGolfTraveler's avatar
Boston Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2016

It was kind of a last minute decision to play here due to weather and wow did we make the right decision. They treat you as a one day member when you book a tee time including use of the locker room. Pro V1s on the range add to the experience as do the fore caddies. The layout is phenomenal as is the condition of the course. This is a must play if you visit HHi and in the summer make sure you call the pro shop to get the afternoon discount.