Coyote Creek Golf Club - The Tournament Course

GPS: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire required. Collared shirts, mock neck shirts golf slacks or golf shorts. No Denim jeans cut offs or tank tops or tee shirts allowed.

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city near the airport   Great for advanced golfers locals wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include forced carries bunkers plays long   Great for drinks brunch patio dining

"Pig Damage"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/12/2017

The wild pigs have badly torn up the first nine holes of the tournament course. Happy I only paid $40 on hot deal. Really too bad because this is a beautiful, well designed course. Hope they can replace it quickly.

Response from Coyote Creek Golf Club on 10/16/2017:

We appreciate your coming to play a round with us and your feedback, Larry. We are constantly making improvements and doing maintenance to the course to make sure our conditions are up to par and hope you will come back to see them soon!

"Wild Pigs!!!"

peterchoi2's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2017

Wild pigs have dug up throughout the Tournament course. Luckily, they only dug up next to the tee boxes and greens. I think they like soft ground to dig on...

Fairway and greens were okay...

Response from Coyote Creek Golf Club on 10/16/2017:

Thank you, Peter. We are glad the pigs' impact on the course did not affect your play. We hope that you will visit us again soon to see all of the work we have put in to remedy the impact of our wild friends!

"The course is challenging"

richndenise's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2017

I have played this course numerous times and I can never get enough. I just enjoy the challenge and the conditions are always somewhat different, which makes it that much more interesting.

Response from Coyote Creek Golf Club on 10/12/2017:

Hi Rich, Thank you for coming back for another great round at Coyote Creek and sharing your experience with us! We're glad you've enjoyed the challenges the course presents and hope we see you back again soon!

"Challenging"

Hhippster's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/04/2017

You better have a pretty good game to play this course. Hope you can consistently carry your ball 150 yards. One hole had a 185 yard carry between two trees. Yikes.

Another unfortunate situation is the damage the wild pigs make. Thank goodness they didn't mess with the greens but several holes had fairway damage next to greens. Not a good look.

My game isn't strong enough for this course but I will come back when it improves. (Hate losing so many balls). This day it was wide open but I can see high handicappers holding up play looking for errant balls. Including me.

Response from Coyote Creek Golf Club on 10/09/2017:

We're glad you came out to play Coyote Creek and appreciate your feedback! We hope that you won't be too worried about your skill as many players have improved their game playing at our course (and we also have great instructors!).

"Great deal from Golf Now"

Naren302's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017

We played at this course and got a great deal from Golf Now.This is a challenging course.The greens were aerated so that was the only problem but we were aware of this.

Response from Coyote Creek Golf Club on 09/26/2017:

Thank you for your feedback and five-star rating, Naren302! We're glad you enjoyed your round! If you'd like to know when we are running specials at the course, sign up for our e-club at http://www.coyotecreekgolf.com/email/

"great course"

Denzil3919855's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017

If you're in the San Jose area, this is a must play course. Many courses have 3 or 4 great holes but Coyote Creek tournament course has 10 to 11. Having played this course numerous times I'm always amazed at its beauty. The finishing holes "16-18" are an added treat. Go play it, you won't be disappointed. PS: I've played many courses in the area, this one stands out.

Response from Coyote Creek Golf Club on 09/26/2017:

Thank you for your review! We're glad you've enjoyed playing Coyote Creek and appreciate your recommendation to other golfers! We look forward to having you back again soon!

"Course Condition - Green Aerficiation Notice"

dc2bkim's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

This is our first time playing at this course. My wife always wanted to play here so I booked through Golfnow (hot deal) for my wife birthday. When I checked in at the starter, they told us that green was just aerified a week ago. My wife didn't say anything but I knew that she wasn't happy. To make my story short. I wished I was told beforehand as I would've find alternate tee time.

Response from Coyote Creek Golf Club on 09/19/2017:

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad you both still enjoyed your round. We hope that you will be back for another round at Coyote Creek!

"Punched green"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

Somebody should let me know that the green with the punched on Monday!

Response from Coyote Creek Golf Club on 09/19/2017:

Hi Humphreychen, we apologize that you did not know about the maintenance being done to the course upon your arrival. Thank you for your feedback on your round.

"Worst round ever!"

Hogall's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/13/2017

First of, I am aware of a **Aerification Alert - Expect Course Recovery Conditions** when I book this. Thinking they are just going to punch the green. Upon arriving; I see there are about 1/2 inches of sands on every greens. (putting is impossible, the ball just skid on top of the sand)

The guy in the pro-shop was rude beyond believe. He keep reminding me that they did post an Aerification Alert on their website and we should have known. The part that really make me mad was that - the other course weren't aerificated; and he didn't even offer to switch us over. ( we didn't realize it till we reach the 11 holes - which is parallel to the other course)

I think if they are going to top dress the green (as they claim) this way - they should have closed the course...

Response from Coyote Creek Golf Club on 09/15/2017:

Hi Hogall, thank you for your feedback on your round and we appreciate your suggestion.

"Pace of play ruined a great course"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/09/2017

Start with the pros: the course is really a lot of fun. It's challenging, with good distance and forced carries that will challenge your long irons. There are a lot of risk/reward plays. The wind in the afternoon takes a challenging course and makes it truly difficult. It is a fantastic layout and the maintenance is there to match.

Now for the cons: the pace of play was just bonkers. We teed off with 2 clear holes in front of us, by the 4th tee box we caught up and had 2 groups waiting to hit. The rest of the round was like that for every single shot. The group in front of us left after 9 holes and we still waited on every tee box, approach shot and green. The starter was not on the same page with the club house with which groups were and weren't checked in, and there is no marshall on the course to manage slow groups. The "semi-private" aspect allows members to show up whenever they want and demand a spot on the tee. Despite the "pace of play is 4:30" signs posted in every cart and clubhouse, it took us 5 hours and 40 minutes to finish 18 holes. For a $95 greens fee that's unacceptable, they need to schedule tee times further apart.

It's just a shame because it's a beautiful, well designed course but every round I've played on either course at coyote creek is like this. Despite some of the higher greens fees in the area they do not give you the value for the price and it ruins an exceptional course.

Response from Coyote Creek Golf Club on 09/12/2017:

We appreciate your feedback on your round and are glad you enjoyed the course layout. We hope that this will not deter you from coming back to try us again.

"Argh"

cobursec's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/08/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

Great course and conditions however waiting 15 minutes at a time was aggravating to say the least. Could not stand it any longer and left after 13.

Response from Coyote Creek Golf Club on 09/12/2017:

Thank you for your feedback on your round. We hope that the pace of play on this particular day will not deter you from playing another round at Coyote Creek.

"Get a Marshal"

Doug1176544's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Tournament course is in good shape and a good test of golf. It is probably too hard for the high handicapper though and there was no marshal. We were behind several groups who consistently were looking for their balls, often times not too far from the tees. After trying to reach the golf shop 8 times with no answer, we came to the 10th tee where there were 3 different groups on the tee! How does that even happen. We ended up going over to the Valley course to play a few holes and then came back to the tournament course to play 15-18. There we ran into a 7 some, 3 women, 2 men and 2 kids. Seriously, get a marshal out on the course and police pace of play.

Probably won't be back for a while.

Response from Coyote Creek Golf Club on 08/28/2017:

Hi Doug, thank you for playing Coyote Creek. We appreciate your feedback on your experience and that the pace of play was not up to par during your visit this weekend.

pn578's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/24/2017

Response from Coyote Creek Golf Club on 08/28/2017:

Thank you for your review, pln578! We're glad you enjoyed your first round at Coyote Creek and hope you'll be back to play The Valley Course too!

"greens are in great shape"

hanahou2's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/23/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Coyote Creek is in great shape and the greens are running smooth and fast. I love it this way and only had 24 putts for the round.

we had a 12:30 tee time and it was very windy. usually the wind picks up around 2 or 3 but the wind was up early.

The course is in great shape and am ready to play it again soon

Response from Coyote Creek Golf Club on 08/28/2017:

Thank you for your five-star review, hanahou2! We're glad you had a great day on the greens, and look forward to having you back to Coyote Creek soon!

Kwangsik's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Coyote Creek Golf Club on 08/28/2017:

Thank you for your fantastic five-star rating, Kwangsik!

narados's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

Response from Coyote Creek Golf Club on 08/28/2017:

Thank you for sharing your experience, narados! We're glad you enjoyed the course!

Simon8005515's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Coyote Creek Golf Club on 08/28/2017:

Thank you for your five-stars, Simon!

"Challenging course, great facilities."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

everything was awesome except the ball washers, some of which were quite disgusting.

Response from Coyote Creek Golf Club on 08/21/2017:

Thank you for your five-star rating and your feedback on your round. Thank you for coming out to play Coyote Creek!

"Very challenging course"

HominLim's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2017

Except for a few fairways under stress the course is in great condition as usual. As good as any private courses around here. Great value with HotDeals esp. Stafff very friendly & helpful

Response from Coyote Creek Golf Club on 08/21/2017:

Thank you for your five-stars and for your kind words about our hardworking staff!

"Incredible putting surfaces"

jimmyj69's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2017

Nice layout with plenty of variety. The wind was up, probably 2 clubs added a nice challenge. I don't remember putting on greens this smooth & straight forward to read. Would definitely play this course again, there was a learning curve.

Response from Coyote Creek Golf Club on 08/21/2017:

Thank you for your review and a five-star rating, Jimmy! We're glad you enjoyed the course and hope the wind is in your favor during your next trip to Coyote Creek!