Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate

Dress code: Proper golf attire is required for members and guests of the county club; Tennis skirts, tennis shorts, jogging shorts, short-shorts, cut-offs, or shorts other than walking shorts or Bermuda shorts are not permitted; Tee shirts and tank tops are not permi
Credit cards accepted: Yes

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks

"Fun track"

14stix's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

Fun track. If you don't keep the ball in the short grass, you'll be heavily punished by horrible lies. Greens rolled better then they looked.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 09/15/2017:

We're glad to hear that you had a fun time! Please come and play us again in 2018 when we re-open!

"$10 Course"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017

It's place to play golf. Better than your backyard but not by much. Was truly shocked to see how much that place fell off.

The front fairways looked like the backyard of an abandoned house. You should definitely play the back 9 2x. Back 9 is 300% better than the front.

But it was only $10.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 09/15/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us helpful feedback! We have closed for extensive renovations and we hope you'll give us another chance when we re-open in Fall 2018.

"It's alrighttttt"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/31/2017

The only reason I say it's okay is because of the price. 14$ for 18 holes. The fairways were terrible. The greens were sandy. Tee boxes had normal height of grass in my backyard. I mean but you get what you pay for.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 09/15/2017:

Thank you for the helpful feedback. We have closed down operations for complete renovations and will re-open in Fall 2018. We look forward to your next round then!

"Just a practice round for Sunday .....inexpebsive"

evemiria68's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2017

The course is playable but has seen much better days as posted in my review last week. The staff is very nice and pace of play is great. The course I understand is shutting down in September for a much needed make over. Looking forward to seeing how it works out.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 09/15/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Yes, we have closed for renovations and will be back open and looking fantastic in Fall 2018. We hope to see you then!

"Worse to Worst"

evemiria68's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/23/2017

I have played here from 1980 to the present. It used to be a must play course. The course has eroded to the worst condition I have ever seen. I hear of big renovation plans but no timetable. The last year the course has become awful. I play here when I'm broke or a last minute decision. I do hope they make their plan come to fruition. Until then I have too many other choices to bother.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 08/29/2017:

Thank you for the helpful feedback! Yes, we will be shutting down for renovations in September. We hope you'll come back once the renos are complete to see the great progress we've made!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 08/29/2017:

That's great to hear!

"My day at Mount Dora Country Club"

Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2017

I had an excellent day. Course was in very good condition. I will certainly play this course again. Staff was very friendly.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 08/29/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review! We're glad to hear that you had an excellent day with us and we look forward to your next round!

"really upset with the desk check in person"

vdale's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/12/2017

We played again today..we are regulars here and have played here many times. We had a foursome and my friend , in town for the weekend. had his 13 yr old son with him. (not playing) the guy charged him $20 for his son to ride along with us. IS this your policy?? The course was NOT busy at all...We had problems with this same guy before about other things. My friend has played with us several times before WITHOUT a problem and now we get this. He was so mad he wanted to leave. Unless he gets a refund, we all have said this will be the LAST time we will play. But, I know it doesn't matter to you... just wanted to let you know.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 08/29/2017:

We're sorry to hear that you won't be returning. If an extra cart is required, as was the case here (4 adults and 1 teenager), then yes we do charge for an extra cart. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Commented on 08/22/2017

I'm sure this is the same guy that charged my friend who is handicapped to ride along with me. Absolutely Absurd.

"Great layout/Payment issues"

teowens46's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017

Great layout...some really beautiful holes. The course has fallen into disrepair as they prepare for a one year renovation. The information from Golf Now regarding the amount I was to pay at the course was incorrect. I had to pay an extra few bucks at the course for "tax". Golf Now needs to correct that information.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 08/17/2017:

We're sorry to hear about the pricing inaccuracy on GolfNow and we will certainly look into that. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and we appreciate the feedback.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 08/09/2017:

Thank you for the four stars!

"The course condition was poor."

Robert3148970's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

I was very disappointed in the condition of the course. It is apparent that the owner has decided not to maintain the course prior to shutting it down in October to change the layout. We only got in 6 holes before the rain started again for the second time. Due to the course conditions, we did not bother to ask for a rain check. We would not have booked the tee time if we were aware of the conditions.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 08/18/2017:

Thank you for providing very helpful feedback. We're so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the course due to conditions and rain. We will be closing soon in order to improve the entire course and we hope you'll return when we're finished to enjoy all the great work.

"Needs work"

aallegroe's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017

They are supposed to close the course down in September and it looks like they're letting it go

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 08/09/2017:

Thank you for providing great feedback!

"Poor greens"

Cj1269457's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

Played here many times, first time in maybe 6-7 months and the greens are in horrendous shape. We didn't even bother to finish our round. Surprised they were so beaten up with all of the rain we've been getting. They just must have let the place go. A shame too.... I loved playing here.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 07/27/2017:

We're sorry to hear that our conditions were a disappointment. We're working diligently to improve conditions and we hope you'll return for a much better experience.

"course review"

vdale's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

I and all of my golf buddies have been playing here for years. (some time, 2 or 3 times a week) Enjoy the lay out and fun to play but even from the white tee box, some of the holes are too long for our level of play. Hole #2 (par 4) needs another tee box. No chance of getting to the green in two. #9 and #10 are the same. All the other holes are a challenge but fun. Also, would be nice to have red,white, blue flags?? We only know what we hear about closing the course and the new work coming... but several times we have heard when re open the rates will change. It seems (if true?) we will be priced out of playing here. We have 8 guys in our little group and we would hate not to be able to play here any more. How about a news letter to let us know the latest?

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 07/27/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review! We love hearing from our regular golfers. We're still open but will certainly communicate if any closure is imminent.

"APOPKA GOFL AND TENNIS"

lthames's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/21/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

I love this course, with its ups and downs, and hidden fairways and greens. That being said, what I don't like is the current condition of the greens. I know the weather has been problematic lately but surely they can do better than what exists there currently. Brown splotches all over the greens and hardly a smooth rolling surface anywhere. Fairways were fine and I'll go back when the greens improve but not even another free lunch and an under $20 rate will pull me back. Oh, the lunch was a hot dog and beverage, which could be a draft beer. Not worth the drive right now.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 06/26/2017:

Thanks so much for leaving us such great feedback! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed the hidden fairways. We are endeavoring to improve our greens and we hope you'll come back in the future to see the improvements.

"Terrible Conditions"

OuiNon's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2017

Contrary to some recent Polyana reviews the course has deteriorated in the last two months to mostly dirt/mud greens and dirt fairways. The course was lush green two months ago and now resembles a dirt race track. Grass is lost and weeds and dirt have taken over. Pitiful.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 06/26/2017:

We appreciate the feedback and we're working very hard to improve conditions. We're so sorry that our conditions were a disappointment and we hope your next visit will improve your opinion.

"Love the layout! Conditions need a little work."

HarleyBronco's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

Hills are something you don't deal with much when it comes to golf courses in Central Florida. I happen to love hills, and Errol did NOT disappoint. There were several elevated tees where you were teeing off down some very significant hills, and a few where you were teeing off uphill.

Most of the course is surrounded by some very nice homes and apartments, which I found to also be inviting.

Crabgrass is a problem on the fairways, however, and the greens all the way around the course are in some pretty rough shape. They did say that they were "making a transition from winter grass to summer grass" on the golf carts, though. Not sure exactly what that means, but OK. The course is laid out so impressively (at least to me) that I'll be back. I shot one of my better games on this course, so apparently the weeds and greens weren't TOO much of an issue. My playing partner and I did have to incorporate a "rule" where if we hit our ball on the fairway, and it landed in some of that crabgrass, we could move the ball to the closest clean spot and play it from there.

I've read some people reviewing this course talking about how the staff wasn't courteous to GolfNow members. In my experience, that couldn't be further from the truth. Everybody I dealt with out there was very extremely nice to me.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 06/19/2017:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a great review! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed our terrain despite some issues with the crabgrass, which we are addressing. It's great to hear that you'll be returning and we look forward to your next round with us!

"Conditions could be better"

Hunter9955196's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2017

The front nine was in pretty rough condition, with crab grass all over the fairways (especially the first hole). Greens were very slow. Back nine was in significantly better condition.

Staff was very friendly and the layout was good. Will come back once the course is in better condition

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 06/13/2017:

Thank you for providing great feedback! We are currently working to improve conditons and we look forward to you coming back and seeing the great results!

rbmccarty1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 06/13/2017:

Thank you for the 5 stars!

"Just ok"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2017

2nd time I booked on golf now and 2nd time I was overcharged for my round. Course was in ok shape lots of weeds and bare spots. Also had a 7:58 and they said no it was 8:15 starter was pretty rude when I bought it up do him. Ok if I want to play another round close to home I'll head to Zellwood!!

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 05/31/2017:

We're so sorry to hear that our course conditions and staff were a disappointment. We are currently gearing up for a large-scale renovation that we're confident will yield terrific results. As for your negative interaction with our staff, we will certainly look into that further and address the situation immediately.