Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate

Dress code: Proper golf attire is required for members and guests of the county club; Tennis skirts, tennis shorts, jogging shorts, short-shorts, cut-offs, or shorts other than walking shorts or Bermuda shorts are not permitted; Tee shirts and tank tops are not permi
Credit cards accepted: Yes

Average Rating 3.7 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks

"APOPKA GOFL AND TENNIS"

lthames's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/21/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

I love this course, with its ups and downs, and hidden fairways and greens. That being said, what I don't like is the current condition of the greens. I know the weather has been problematic lately but surely they can do better than what exists there currently. Brown splotches all over the greens and hardly a smooth rolling surface anywhere. Fairways were fine and I'll go back when the greens improve but not even another free lunch and an under $20 rate will pull me back. Oh, the lunch was a hot dog and beverage, which could be a draft beer. Not worth the drive right now.

"Love the layout! Conditions need a little work."

HarleyBronco's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

Hills are something you don't deal with much when it comes to golf courses in Central Florida. I happen to love hills, and Errol did NOT disappoint. There were several elevated tees where you were teeing off down some very significant hills, and a few where you were teeing off uphill.

Most of the course is surrounded by some very nice homes and apartments, which I found to also be inviting.

Crabgrass is a problem on the fairways, however, and the greens all the way around the course are in some pretty rough shape. They did say that they were "making a transition from winter grass to summer grass" on the golf carts, though. Not sure exactly what that means, but OK. The course is laid out so impressively (at least to me) that I'll be back. I shot one of my better games on this course, so apparently the weeds and greens weren't TOO much of an issue. My playing partner and I did have to incorporate a "rule" where if we hit our ball on the fairway, and it landed in some of that crabgrass, we could move the ball to the closest clean spot and play it from there.

I've read some people reviewing this course talking about how the staff wasn't courteous to GolfNow members. In my experience, that couldn't be further from the truth. Everybody I dealt with out there was very extremely nice to me.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 06/19/2017:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a great review! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed our terrain despite some issues with the crabgrass, which we are addressing. It's great to hear that you'll be returning and we look forward to your next round with us!

"Conditions could be better"

Hunter9955196's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2017

The front nine was in pretty rough condition, with crab grass all over the fairways (especially the first hole). Greens were very slow. Back nine was in significantly better condition.

Staff was very friendly and the layout was good. Will come back once the course is in better condition

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 06/13/2017:

Thank you for providing great feedback! We are currently working to improve conditons and we look forward to you coming back and seeing the great results!

rbmccarty1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 06/13/2017:

Thank you for the 5 stars!

"Just ok"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2017

2nd time I booked on golf now and 2nd time I was overcharged for my round. Course was in ok shape lots of weeds and bare spots. Also had a 7:58 and they said no it was 8:15 starter was pretty rude when I bought it up do him. Ok if I want to play another round close to home I'll head to Zellwood!!

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 05/31/2017:

We're so sorry to hear that our course conditions and staff were a disappointment. We are currently gearing up for a large-scale renovation that we're confident will yield terrific results. As for your negative interaction with our staff, we will certainly look into that further and address the situation immediately.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2017

"Disappointment"

Connetac's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

We have played this course a couple of times. Had read they were upgrading the irrigation system and making improvements to the course. We found the course to be in worse shape than ever. Tee boxes were dirt, no grass. Fairways were in bad shape with weeds creeping into the regular grass. Greens were top dressed recently, but had quite a few with dead spots and torn up from wear. All in all, this course is heading for nowhere with the crew they have maintaining it. It is a shame, as the layout is pretty nice. We won't be going back anytime soon

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 05/22/2017:

As the crew maintaining Errol. We would like to extend our heartfelt apology for not meeting your standards. We strive on a daily basis to provide the best possible experience to our customers. In response to your course condition concerns. We would like to better inform you of the current challenges. Errol is in winter to summer turf transition. Our intent was to close May 1st for a much needed course renovation. So all maintenance plans were scheduled and based on this happening. Also we only updated irrigation system on back 9 since a renovation is planned. We are currently keeping the course open for play until the zoning is complete. We are excited for the future of Errol and the belief that with this renovation Errol will once again be a destination golf course. Please be patient and understand that our current conditions are getting resolved. And when this project is done we hope you give us another try. Thank you Errol maintenance crew.

"Great course for the mobey"

Taijuanbooze's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

I was pleasantly surprised at the layout of this course. It was challenging but playable. The greens were in excellent condition. Just as good as top courses are played in the area. I live across the street and will be playing often. With a little conditioning, specially fairways this course would be one of the best in the area.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 05/04/2017:

Thank you for the kind words and we're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your round with us! We look forward to your next visit!

"First time playing this course was a nice view"

voorheesfamily's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2017

I was here for a golf tournament and that is why I paid $100. It was a perfect day and the scramble was very efficiently handled, so we got done quicker than expected. Loved the view and layout of this course. I felt like I was in the country.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 05/04/2017:

It's great to hear that you enjoyed the tournament! We hope you crushed it! Please come back and see us again soon!

"Awful! Horrible conditions, don't make the trip!"

SmoothiePV85's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

This place looks border line closed If your visiting FL, trying to play a course base on reviews like I do, don't be fooled by this one. It. Is. Absolutely. Horrible.

1.) No range balls.

2.) Broken golf carts.

3.) Hundreds of sand traps, not single rake. ZERO.

4.) No scorecards.

Staff are we're all to concerned about taking my money, and they completely alienated that I was a first time visitor that they didn't supply me with directions how to get around the course. Why is this a issue, you ask? Because their is no sign telling you here to go.

The course, fairways are without grass full of dirt and dead spots. Tee boxes are uneven, greens are...well let's just say they are intolerable.

Sad to say but this looks like another course that's trying to grow their dead pockets, before trying to grow the game. This course is so shot out, they don't even provide a recipe for you round, this guy said I can email it to me or and I quote "right it on something."

Haha yeah I'm good buddy, some will be getting called for this. Horrid experience, possible worst ever for a FL golf course.

Best of luck.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 05/04/2017:

We're so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time with us. We are in the beginning stages of a renovation and we foresee conditions improving dramatically. We appreciate the feedback and we hope you'll come back to see all the great improvements.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 05/04/2017:

That's wonderful to hear! Thank you!

stevegallagher494's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2017

"hidden gem"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/06/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

this course is by far the best money value in the orlando area. under new management an greens keepers. greens are terrific, tee boxes are fine, fairways greatly improved. for your money it,s the best deal in the area.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 04/02/2017:

We're so thankful that you took time out of your day to leave us such a great review! We've certainly put a lot of hard work and love into improving and it's great to hear that it's paid off! We hope you'll come and play us again soon!

"Varied Terrain makes for golf challenges & great vistas!"

CraigByKDW's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2017

Very smooth rolling greens. Not a lot of places to get into trouble, except for many bunkers. Enjoyed the hilly course layout. Friendly staff. Great chipping and putting practice areas! Will certainly be back!

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 04/02/2017:

We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your round with us, Craig! We're looking forward to your next visit!

"Slow pace of play and rude staff"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2017

Staff always tries to pair you up with other people for instance if you have a 3 some they will almost always pair you with another person. On my latest experience we played 9 (it took almost 3 hr) and my dad was not feeling well and we asked for a rain check for the back 9 and they said "it's not raining so no." Every course I have played will do that for you even if you just don't want to play 18. I don't know that I will return. Very unsatisfied

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 05/04/2017:

We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your round with us. Yes, in order to keep pace moving along, we do create foursomes where possible. And unfortunately, unless weather or conditions prohibit play, we don't issue rain checks. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

"fun layout"

rotrod's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/01/2017

fun layout, Greens were in good shape and little slow, fairways and tees could use more watering otherwise not too bad. very friendly people, played a little slowed, great value

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 03/28/2017:

Thanks for letting us know that you enjoyed our layout and had a good time! We look forward to your next visit!

"Nice course near Orlando"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/26/2017

Very nice course, great value at $25 hot deal rate. Greens were actually green, and good shape. Some elevation which is unusual for Florida, an nice layout.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 03/28/2017:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a great review! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our conditions and got a great rate! Please come and play us again soon!

"Pro shop person unsatisfactory"

ThursdaySwingerGolf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/25/2017

Was told no carts issued until 20 minutes before tee-time. This is unacceptable. I usually arrive to play golf 40-45 minutes before tee-time to hit a few balls at the practice range and roll a few putts. My tee-time was 1:07 pm. 20 minutes to pay and do what's mentioned above is ridiculous in that amount of time. When I questioned it, I was told it was "course policy". When I asked for the manager or head pro, I was promptly given a cart key. I'm tempted not to play here again if that is the "course policy".

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 03/28/2017:

We're sorry to hear that you don't agree with our cart policy and we understand your frustration. We do appreciate the 4 stars, however, and we hope you will return to play here again.

"Friendliness"

soren703's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/24/2017

This staff from check in thru the starter are the least friendly of the courses that I have played in the Orlando area. The pace of play could have easily been much better if the starter would have paired two couples in front of us instead he allowed them to go separately.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 03/28/2017:

We're so sorry to hear that you feel you were mistreated by our staff. We never want our golfers to feel unwelcome. We will absolutely look into this further. Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/19/2017

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 03/28/2017:

Thanks so much for the 4 stars!