Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate

• www.apopkagolfandtennis.com

Year built: 1973
Architect(s): Joe Lee
Type: Semi-Private

Dress code: Proper golf attire is required for members and guests of the county club; Tennis skirts, tennis shorts, jogging shorts, short-shorts, cut-offs, or shorts other than walking shorts or Bermuda shorts are not permitted; Tee shirts and tank tops are not permi
Credit cards accepted: Yes

Tees | Layout

Average Rating 3.7 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks

"Great course for the mobey"

Taijuanbooze's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

I was pleasantly surprised at the layout of this course. It was challenging but playable. The greens were in excellent condition. Just as good as top courses are played in the area. I live across the street and will be playing often. With a little conditioning, specially fairways this course would be one of the best in the area.

"First time playing this course was a nice view"

voorheesfamily's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2017

I was here for a golf tournament and that is why I paid $100. It was a perfect day and the scramble was very efficiently handled, so we got done quicker than expected. Loved the view and layout of this course. I felt like I was in the country.

"Awful! Horrible conditions, don't make the trip!"

SmoothiePV85's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

This place looks border line closed If your visiting FL, trying to play a course base on reviews like I do, don't be fooled by this one. It. Is. Absolutely. Horrible.

1.) No range balls.

2.) Broken golf carts.

3.) Hundreds of sand traps, not single rake. ZERO.

4.) No scorecards.

Staff are we're all to concerned about taking my money, and they completely alienated that I was a first time visitor that they didn't supply me with directions how to get around the course. Why is this a issue, you ask? Because their is no sign telling you here to go.

The course, fairways are without grass full of dirt and dead spots. Tee boxes are uneven, greens are...well let's just say they are intolerable.

Sad to say but this looks like another course that's trying to grow their dead pockets, before trying to grow the game. This course is so shot out, they don't even provide a recipe for you round, this guy said I can email it to me or and I quote "right it on something."

Haha yeah I'm good buddy, some will be getting called for this. Horrid experience, possible worst ever for a FL golf course.

Best of luck.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

stevegallagher494's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2017

"hidden gem"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/06/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

this course is by far the best money value in the orlando area. under new management an greens keepers. greens are terrific, tee boxes are fine, fairways greatly improved. for your money it,s the best deal in the area.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 04/02/2017:

We're so thankful that you took time out of your day to leave us such a great review! We've certainly put a lot of hard work and love into improving and it's great to hear that it's paid off! We hope you'll come and play us again soon!

"Varied Terrain makes for golf challenges & great vistas!"

CraigByKDW's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2017

Very smooth rolling greens. Not a lot of places to get into trouble, except for many bunkers. Enjoyed the hilly course layout. Friendly staff. Great chipping and putting practice areas! Will certainly be back!

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 04/02/2017:

We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your round with us, Craig! We're looking forward to your next visit!

"Slow pace of play and rude staff"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2017

Staff always tries to pair you up with other people for instance if you have a 3 some they will almost always pair you with another person. On my latest experience we played 9 (it took almost 3 hr) and my dad was not feeling well and we asked for a rain check for the back 9 and they said "it's not raining so no." Every course I have played will do that for you even if you just don't want to play 18. I don't know that I will return. Very unsatisfied

"fun layout"

rotrod's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/01/2017

fun layout, Greens were in good shape and little slow, fairways and tees could use more watering otherwise not too bad. very friendly people, played a little slowed, great value

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 03/28/2017:

Thanks for letting us know that you enjoyed our layout and had a good time! We look forward to your next visit!

"Nice course near Orlando"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/26/2017

Very nice course, great value at $25 hot deal rate. Greens were actually green, and good shape. Some elevation which is unusual for Florida, an nice layout.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 03/28/2017:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a great review! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our conditions and got a great rate! Please come and play us again soon!

"Pro shop person unsatisfactory"

ThursdaySwingerGolf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/25/2017

Was told no carts issued until 20 minutes before tee-time. This is unacceptable. I usually arrive to play golf 40-45 minutes before tee-time to hit a few balls at the practice range and roll a few putts. My tee-time was 1:07 pm. 20 minutes to pay and do what's mentioned above is ridiculous in that amount of time. When I questioned it, I was told it was "course policy". When I asked for the manager or head pro, I was promptly given a cart key. I'm tempted not to play here again if that is the "course policy".

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 03/28/2017:

We're sorry to hear that you don't agree with our cart policy and we understand your frustration. We do appreciate the 4 stars, however, and we hope you will return to play here again.

"Friendliness"

soren703's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/24/2017

This staff from check in thru the starter are the least friendly of the courses that I have played in the Orlando area. The pace of play could have easily been much better if the starter would have paired two couples in front of us instead he allowed them to go separately.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 03/28/2017:

We're so sorry to hear that you feel you were mistreated by our staff. We never want our golfers to feel unwelcome. We will absolutely look into this further. Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/19/2017

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 03/28/2017:

Thanks so much for the 4 stars!

"Nice course"

JMandry's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/19/2017

The fairways were a bit dry but the greens were well kept, perhaps a bit slow due to the moisture as they are cleary irrigated every night. Overall a nice golf course and a great experience. Very friendly starter on first tee. Clearly a course to go back and play again.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 03/28/2017:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a great review! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to your next one!

"Sunny day in Florida"

gambleraaa's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2017

Played a round with my son and his friend. Course was in very excellent condition.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 03/28/2017:

We're so glad to hear that you, your son, and his friend had a great time! We hope to see you again soon!

"Good Choice"

GREGJ6969's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/10/2017

A friend told me about it, not sure why I hadn't played it before but definitely My loss, I really like this course, everyone was super friendly, really like the layout has some holes that'll fool you because of the terrain which was great change, really have to think about clubs and direction. Thought it unfortunate when Pro Shop said they were closing in May for a rehab. While playing I was constantly thinking why, it's in better shape than alot of courses I play and steady golfers. Understand gotta do it sometimes but wouldn't think beginning of Summer would be the right time. So we're playing as often as we can before they close.If you get a chance don't overlook this course. Good Job team

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennist at Errol Estate on 03/28/2017:

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a great review! Hearing that you enjoyed your round and felt challenged is fantastic! We hope you'll be able to golf here a few more times before May!

"Not good!"

emd57's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/10/2017

The course was a really nice course to play. The staff was something else. They said if we were golf now they would not check us in early, so we were there about 45 minutes early. They said their policy with golf now golfers was not to give them a cart to load their bags until tee time. We stood around with our bags for 45 minutes and then when they checked us in we had to pay 2$ more for each player from what your reserved reservation said. It was not a pleasant experience and someone needs to get it strait! They were irritated that it was golf now

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 03/28/2017:

We appreciate the feedback. Because GolfNow tee times are for a specific time, they can't be moved up. We do apologize for the wait and misunderstanding.

"Florida course with elevation changes!"

Randy3263998's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/10/2017

Unique course with lots of beautiful oak trees and elevation challenges. Wide forgiving fairways with challenging well bunkered greens.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 03/28/2017:

Thank you, Randy, for the four stars and great review! We're glad to hear that you find the course both fun and still challenging. Please come and see us again soon!

"Good Course!"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/03/2017

Overall this course is in good shape. The greens can play a bit slow, but that makes them forgiving for a novice player. Tee boxes and fairways are in great shape. It's a well designed course. I would certainly recommend this course, especially for the price. They don't seem to be fond of their partnership with Golf Now so I typically just play as a walk in. I play this course 2 to 3 times per week. One thing that consistently ruins the experience is the bald employee in the pro shop that handles check-ins. He is unwelcoming and rude. The rest of the staff always creates a pleasant interaction.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 03/28/2017:

Thank you for that nuanced review! We certainly don't like to hear that our golfers may feel unwelcome upon check-in and we'll definitely look into this further. We are glad to hear that you overall enjoy your experiences with us and we do love to hear from our regular golfers. We look forward to seeing you again!

"Starter has issues"

golfore4's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/31/2017

When we got to the 1st tee the starter looked at us and told us to play the white tees. I asked him why and he said because it'll match your ability, now this guy does not know my abilities because I never played here before. I asked him so what distance is it from the whites , reply was far enough. I said to this starter you don't know who I am or my handicap so after telling him I a very low handicap he laughed and said well then go ahead and play were ever and laughed so after I hit and it went about 280 down the middle he just sat there with a look of stupidity on his face (true jerk) we took off and actually enjoyed the course I shot 74 bogeyed 17 and 18 to do that. Starters need some tact and loose the arrogance

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 03/28/2017:

We're so sorry to hear that you had that experience. We never want our golfers to feel condescended to. We'll certainly look into this and we hope it won't deter you from enjoying the course in the future.

Commented on 02/25/2017