Legends Golf & Resort - Moorland Course

Dress code: Proper attire is required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

"A fun course"

willmy86's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I love this course. It has forgiving fairways to set up for your approach shots. These greens are some of the most challenging you will play. The majority of the greens have severe slopes and almost seem unfair. I really like them. The pin setter can make the course play 3-5 shots harder depending on where he puts them. Legends is known for long rounds, but if you play in late June and July you will avoid these.

"Not my cup of tea"

drlgolf's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

I've played this course multiple times in tournaments and I would not pay on my own to go back. It's much too long for my game. Above average golfers may enjoy it, however, due to many very challenging holes with extremely elevated greens. There are some forced carries, but not too many. The greens are really good.

"Lower your expectations..."

Filthy20's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

This place looks liked they are trapped in 1991.

Everything about this place is old and outdated. There was a HUGE outing, taking up all three courses, pushing every tee time back.

We weren't allowed to take a cart to the driving range.... Because that makes sense - nowhere! Huge place, I get it, but what a pain in the A for having to shuttle everyone over to it.

The cash/credit card ball machine was a complete joke, because it didn't work. This must have been the first ever credit card ball machine, because nothing at this place has been updated since the facility was built a thousand years ago... Luckily the grumpy outside ops guy gave us a bucket of balls, "but I shouldn't do this", he said..

"We do things different around here", is something else he said... But I let that one sit and didn't ask him what he meant, the silence was classic.

Our afternoon tee time went out late, and we made the turn in just under 3 hours! Yes, it almost took 3 hours to play 9 holes. Luckily - and I say that loosely, the food is included with your round, so we bailed on our twosome and went to eat. Food was fair at best.. Service was weird, definitely an "older" crew...

After lunch, we simply went out and teed off on one of the other courses - as we had no chance finishing on the Moorland course.

Moorland course - #2 par 5 - this is probably the worst hole EVER in golf. I have never seen such a thin sideways fairway from a teebox. Full carry over water, and if you miss left you are blasting right into another fairway - which is blocked by a huge slope so you are unsure if you just killed someone or not... Dumb.

We played the front 9 of the Heathland course for our "back 9".. This was a much better layout, minus the recovering greens from a recent summer punch...

Maybe I'll come back and play this course once I'm 50+, as that seemed to be 90% of the crowd that day..

I'd steer clear of this place...

Course Layout: Poor

"One of the best challenging courses in Myrtle"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

every hole seemed to be unique and challenging; a thinkers course requiring multiple choices and course management; greens were good and fast with character; many memorable holes; the package with breakfast, lunch and two drinks was value packed.

a must play!

"The PGA West of the East?????"

Robert1491937's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/17/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Good conditions, great people on and off the course, but the course layout is a JOKE. If I was Pete Dye, I would disown P.B.Dye, Jr. ASAP. I played it when it opened years ago and hoped that it had mellowed or settled in over time. WRONG. Most Miniature Golf courses in Myrtle Beach are far superior to this layout. If on a golf trip, have a root canal that day

Course Layout: Poor

"Good value for the money"

VincentFortin's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/1/2013

We played the Moorland and the Heathland. Good golf courses, but the Moorland is definitly the best of the two. Good design and challenging. The staff is good, but they can't be as friendly as other courses, there's just too much golfers on the complex.