Lakes/Cypress at Arrowhead Country Club

"Arrowhead never disappoints"

rkimbrell's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

Played a practice round prior to the 2017 Myrtle Beach World Amateur at Arrowhead. We played the Cypress/Waterway 9s. The course was in fantastic shape. It was wet because of all the rains and the course sits in a pretty low area but still the course was very playable.

The staff at Arrowhead is always first class. They are friendly, helpful and always have great attitudes towards customers.

"Good condition terrible layout"

Mark1474038's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2017

Read reviews saying how nice the course is so played there today. Must say this, condition was good but the layout is terrible. Most every hole on Cypress and Lakes are doglegs with water. There's nothing fun about playing a course where you can hit driver on maybe 5 holes. I'm sorry but pat 5's where you have to hit 4 irons off the tee is not fun golf to me. I've played a lot of courses in the Myrtle Beach area and this is one of the worst thought out layouts. I don't mind the water but dogleg after dogleg after dogleg is dumb. Go to Tidewater, will cost you a little more it that course is beautiful. My recommendation, get rid of one of the 9's and straighten out some of the holes otherwise don't waste your time and money.

Course Layout: Poor

"hidden gem"

big1515's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Arrowhead of late has been in tremendous condition and the pace of play is exceptional. Since they have changed the greens ball runs true and fast. If you wish to play certain 9s you better tip the starter/bad person.

"Spring golf trip starts at Arrowhead"

Richie4326581's avatar
Boston Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

This was the first round we did in Myrtle and was probably the best overall course we played!! Played all 3 nine courses and was blown away. The staff was so helpful, went out on time at the cypress side. This side was so neat. Many memorable holes, water on most holes and you really need to think ur way around. Other 2 nines were also fantastic!! Course conditions A++++. This will be our First stop next time we come. Highly recommend!!

"Very nice, but on the short side..."

MillerOutdoors's avatar
New Hampshire Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/15/2017
First time playing Used cart Cold weather

Played the Lakes and Cyprus 9's. Front was 2.5 hours due to a crawling 4some ahead, but back 9 was betteer after pro shop let us play a different 9 than was originally planned to get away from the slowpokes. Great condition. Great layout. Will definitely play again. Surprisingly it was a fairly short course, but that was good because it was cold and fairly steady 15-20 mph winds, and the ball wasn't going anywhere. If you play on nice warm day play a longer set of tees than you normally play or you'll have a lot of wedges into greens. Still though, it's a good test. Fairways rated a 9, greens were a 9 and rolled at probably a 9 on the stimp. Sand traps weren't raked since the rain the day before and were still hard packed, so although you could tell they had good sand have to rate the traps a 4. Overall this is a high end, shortish course that should really appeal to the average golfer looking for above average conditions where they can shoot their handicap but still feel a good challenge. Range balls were provided at no charge and the practice putting green was very nice.

"Cypress/lakes"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/01/2016

Arrowhead did not disappoint...superb layout with very picturesque holes and the greens rolled smooth and fast...by far the best course we played on the trip..highly recommend!

"A very nice experience and good value"

Canives's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/23/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather

We played the course twice during the week and enjoyed both rounds. the layout gave us many different looks and we were able to hit many different shots. the greens rolled fairly quick and were true. the practice area was in good condition and the balls were included in the fee. We had a junior with us that played free both days. replays within 7 days are discounted. we will play it every time we visit MB. Many tee options.

"highly recommend"

tres0627's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/11/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

very good value here. course very nice and facility.

"3 to play"

JackStraw6's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2015
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

This facility has 3 nines.I played The Lakes and Cypress. Not extremely long, I play the whites.As with most courses I've played in MB it's in good shape. Greens were fast and rolled true. You'll need to hit it straight here though as there are bunkers that come into play on most holes.I found it to be a challenge and I'll bring the boys here for a round.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Great Course"

bruce107's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/15/2015

Very challanging, well setup, condition of course is beautiful, staff very knowledable, recommend this course to anyone

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"High Volume Golfing"

Bobemac's avatar
Texas Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2014

We got an early tee time to avoid the Army golfers but sadly the first group out was so slow.<br/> This course is very popular and it was having a banner day. They had sold more than 250 tee times before noon.<br/> The course itself has matured nicely. Trees and plantings fill the sides of the fairways.<br/> Most of the holes here are fairly easy with most par fours reachable in two.<br/> The greens and tees are in amazing shape, some of the fairways have difficult uneven side hill lies.<br/> We played the Lakes and the Waterways nines and they do bring water into play a lot.<br/> You should be able to handle the narrow fairways and stay out of trouble if you hit a straight drive.<br/> This is a well kept fun course and they do have a popular rating among travelers and locals.

"Course was in good shape, especially the greens, which were fast and true. Layout is interesting, challenging and fairly scenic."

LTCBOBRET's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 8/7/2013

Assistant pro who checked us in was not cordial or friendly. Very cold. Fortunately, the nature of the course offset that experience. The course is well maintained, challenging, but fair.

"Most enjoyable round ever"

ssless's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/31/2013

I played there on 7/31 which is during the off season so there were a few groups but we breezed right through. It stormed all night prior to our tee time at 9am the next day. I was amazed at how this course drained. By the 3rd hole the greens were fast and ou would never know how hard it rained the night before our round. The course was in perfect shape, fairways are immaculate, and greens even though they were punched a week or so ago were very fair. This course is an amazing value and I can wait to get back to Myrtle to play it again. I played here about 4 years ago as well and it was even better than I imagined. There are very challenging holes, lots of traps and water but it makes for a very fun round. I shot the lowest round of my life.

Thanks Arrowhead!

"excellent designed."

Kove7087212's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/29/2013

This is a kinds of golf course with an excellent settings and designs which will bring golfers back to play a gain. Well maintain ,good values for money.

"good value, worth a visit"

u000002047547's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/22/2013

We came to Myrtle Beach for the week and I got to play four courses, Arrowhead, Avocet, Mrytlewood/Palmetto, and Grande Dunes Resort Club. All the courses were in great shape, although some had a little standing water in areas that really didn’t come into play. Arrowhead staff were very kind and receptive, the course was well maintained. We played the waterway and cypress layouts. Waterway was quite nice and challenging, while the Cypress we found to be a little gimmicky, lots of sharp doglegs and short holes, not nearly as fun. All were in good shape. Avocet was also in good shape and the biggest complaint I had were the greens. I felt that they were in not in great shape and much slower than I remember. It made judging chips and putts just that much more difficult. The range balls cost a fortune and you only get like 20 balls, where they were completely complimentary at Arrowhead. If you want a really good course on the cheap, play Palmetto at Myrtlewood. $39, and the course was in good shape, $10 got you about 70 balls on the range, not a bad warm up. Very interesting layout and the course was in great shape. We played the white tees, about 6500 yards, and I didn’t think it played nearly to that length. I have to say though the Resort Club course at Grande Dunes was worth the money, I am so glad I played. The course was in great shape, the greens were fast, but very predictable, from pitching, chipping and putting. Putts ran about as true as you can expect, and it was all about how well you read the greens. That is one course I would definitely go back for. We played the Blues (6700) which was a bit long for me, but still managed to get around pretty respectably.

"The course is pleasant to the eye as well as challenging"

meltzal's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/10/2013

Found the course challenging but not extremely difficult. Had a great time with my wife and son. For what we paid it was a bargain. We played the Cypress and Lakes 9 hole courses and were well maintained<br/> I would recommend Arrowhead to all golfers

"Really Enjoyed This One"

dshot22's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/15/2013

Played all three nine hole courses here that included the Lakes, Cypress, and the Waterway. This was a very nice course with multiple shots over water and plenty of bunkers to avoid. I thought the staff was great and very friendly. They went out of there way to get my group a replay. Also almost had my first hole in one here from 180yds over water!!!! Hit the pin and bounced straight up and disappeared. Didn't see it again until we walked onto the green.

"Review"

ArwenP's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/21/2012

Greens putted true and quick but no grass on the greens. Fairways and tees were good.

"Very nice course. Friendly staff."

donace's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 8/14/2012

Wow!! Play this course you will not be disappointed. Great layout, very scenic holes on the waterway. I loved it. it's one of the best on the beach.I will be back for sure.