Heron Point Golf Club

Middle 72 6080 yards 69.2 121
Other 72 5335 yards 66.4 107
Forward (W) 72 4734 yards 69.2 121

Course Layout: No ratings so far

"Course Closing - Poor Condition"

captainjohn0123's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/30/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Fair weather

Course has not been well maintained. Everything is in poor condition. Course is closing.

"Get What You Pay For"

rwarner22's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/24/2014

We wanted to see what we could get for a low price on a fairly well rated course. The course was a fantastic layout that has seen a better day. Lots of deep traps, some water and not overly wide fairways made it a good challenge on this short course.<br/> Sadly, it was not in the best condition. I always look at the traps and how they are maintained to assess a course. They were in poor shape. They could be much better. Almost no rakes to be found near the traps. I also look at the driving range. No markers, no signage making me think they didn't have money for those kinds of things. Looked like a course that needed a cash infusion to get it into tip top shape. I think they almost lost about half of the green on a couple of holes. Despite the cons on this course, it could be a nicer place to play. A big positive is that the ladies tees are 50-60 yards in front of the men's so it makes it more fair. It was worth the $30 for greens fees. We are going to be here a few days so we will try out a couple more courses and pay a little more.

"Good value"

dukeclu's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/20/2014
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

This course received some below average reviews lately, but overall this was a good value. It is an interesting course in a gated community with several challenging holes. Pace of play was great and I enjoyed my round. It has been rumored that the course is closing. If so, I am glad I played it, but I hope the info is wrong, because it was a fun round.

"This course needs some improvements."

jccross's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2014
First time playing Played as a single Walked Played 9 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Course was in extremely poor condition. Hitting from the tee boxes was like hitting from the rough. Greens were also in bad shape. Because this area has had an inordinate amount of rain and the course appeared to not have any drainage, the fairways were like a swamp. I hate to badmouth a course so I will probably replay this course but only after there has been no rain for an extended period.

"course has potential but needs some fertilizer"

forejk's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/29/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

Nice ride in past the guard house and you feel like you are going to a typical myrtle course. When you pull up the bag drop area is fine. attendant was attentive and personable as was the pro shop guy. pro shop was nice like a clubhouse with a pool table snack bar. unfortunately then you head to the course. driving range is closed for over a month. netting on sides looks like it's abandoned. first tee was crabgrass and weeds. If you have to do one thing on the course it's make the first tee look nice and they failed there. course is layed out nice with some dog legs, carries over water, etc but you can't help but notice ant hills and crag grass is everywhere. I guess they are aving on fertilizer. it's a shame, not worth the time until they fix it up.

"Course needs Attention"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

the course is in poor condition and desperately needs to TLC. Weeds growing on the tee block, ant hills everywhere. Certainly not keep like it used to be!

"decent value for the money"

scottrea's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/07/2014
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Course is in decent shape, short and straight forward. Greens are in need of some help bur at reasonably fast. Played on a day with virtually nobody out on the course except a group of three and a foursome, neither of whom would let me through even though I made the turn in 45 minutes. Amazing to see this kind or golf manners.<br/> I will play there again.

"Oky Doky"

NHsparky's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

We had fun. The weather was humid. The course was fun to play

"Repairs needed"

meseibert's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/29/2014

Tee off boxes all need rerolled, reseeded, and repaired.

"If I could give it ➖stars I would...terrible course"

Plays:  Once every three months

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2014

First time golfing in myrtle beach and I never though courses down here were in this bad of shape....sand traps were not raked and had hornets nests my father was stung twice...tee boxes were in horrible condition.....greens were terrible....I would have rather spent $30 on mini-golf....John Daly course 5 min away $34 and in much better shape....

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"In need of TLC...."

yesdup's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2014
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

...or money. I have played this course many times in the past - it is a good layout that has been allowed to deteriorate! My golfing companion (Bob) was the best part of the round and was a great host for 18 holes. Course had one temporary green, many unraked sand traps, barren tee blocks and rough fairways. At $15.00 it was just slightly better than going to the driving range. We played in under 3 hours which was great, but I don't see me coming back again - shame because I used to like the course and I keep hoping it will get back to it's former glory!

"Loosy Golf Course"

kwhorse's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2014
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

This the worst kept course in the Myrtle Beach area.<br/> I recommend golf now drop them.Not worth the $30.

kwhgolf

"Nice Staff"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

I had read some mixed reviews about Heron Point, but decided to try it out as our first round in a week long vacation. The staff was very nice. The range was closed, so we did not have an opportunity hit any balls before going out. The course has a very interesting layout and is certainly not mind blowing difficult. This course suffers from poor maintenance. The sand traps were more mud traps because of the lack of sand. The fairways were cut well, but since they do not pick up the grass clippings you need to check under clumps of clippings on the fairway for your ball if you don't see it.<br/> All in all, I was not impressed by this course. I would play it again if someone told me that they dumped some major money into renovating the course. Also, I would suggest that someone clean the men's room stalls. One should really not see that kind of 'material' on the wall.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Great Value, Pretty Course"

coleydale10's avatar
Age:  Under 25

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2014
First time playing Used cart

I was on vacation in Myrtle Beach when I played this course and I have no regrets. Reading other reviews I had my doubts but this course was fine! The greens were in OK shape and the fairways were nice. This was a difficult course in my opinion. Great value course with very little negative things to mention.

"Please close!"

Luvingolf19's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/19/2014

One of the worst in Myrtle-they need to shut it down. Would take me an hour to write everything that is bad.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"Fix it or turn it into condos"

ghvs72's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2014

Looks like it was a decent course in its day. Nice Par 3 on the front but overall, the course is in very bad shape. Paid $10 to play the front 9 and if I had paid more, I would have felt cheated.

"Average older course"

bigfitzva's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2014

I had played this course last year but didn't remember when I booked my tee time. Staff was friendly and did a good job with what they have to work with. Fairways are OK but each green had burnt spots and 2nd hole green was closed for a bad temporary one. Average course even for a below average price.

"good value"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2014

Visiting Myrtle Beach and we had a great time at this course. Not the toughest course in the world but a good course none the less. Some of the tee boxes were in horrible shape and there were some rough patches on the greens. The staff could not have been nicer and the pace of play was perfect. Book it tthrough golfnow and it'll be more than worth it.

"Poor Kept Course"

ahinesjr58's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/01/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Played this course 2 years ago conditions were not favorable then, but decided to give another try. This is the worst keep course I've ever played in MB. Play MB area couple times a year over the past 6 yrs., will never play this course again.

"Like a driving range with holes"

David4121727's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2014

Can't really complain for the price but have better fairways in a cow pasture. Thick rough around the greens, looks like a hydraulic fluid leak on a lot of the holes. Lines and streaks all over the greens. Bunkers were either flooded or hard as concrete. No snack bar even opened, looks like it thrived in the past but now on the verge of a ghost course. Guess u get what u pay for.