Ocean View Municipal Golf Course

"Much Improved"

kruerej's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2016
Previously played Walked Played 18 holes Good weather

I've been playing this course off and on since Tiger Woods opened it after the reconstruction in 2003. The course was amazing then but the course conditions and greens had slowly declined to previous conditions. However, since Andy Giles has taken over as the club professional in early 2015, the course has improved tremendously and the greens are returning to their splendor of 2003. At the current pace, I expect Andy will turn this course into country club conditions within a couple more years. A short but challenging golf course.

"Great course for average players"

Qbandave's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2016

Great course for affordable price. Has some challenging holes and some very short par 4's. Still has good challenges and shot placement is forgiving here. Some of the bunkers can use upkeep. Greens are very consistent throughout the course. There are a few times it can get breezy.

"Great shape and nice to see Andy Giles there"

vbgolfguy's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2015

Our group had a beautiful 78° sunny day and the first face we saw when we showed up was Andy Gilesthe course couldn't ask for a better pro because Oceanview hasn't had a golf professional in 15 years and they landed one of the best there's ever been in this area.You can really see all of the improvements the new management company is doing to the pro shop and the golf course and I believe Oceanview will be back in its glory by the end of summer great job guys keep it up and will be playing there a lot.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"The Worst Golf Experience Ever"

Cte1717's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/25/2015

I went to Oceanview Golf Course earlier today and it was a complete zoo. The new golf shop pro was excited he could actually squeeze in 135 golfers on the course at one time. Don't worry ladies and gentlemen I'll let you do the math. The starter didn't make life easier letting who ever tee off whenever they wanted. The golf pro showed zero interest on why I may have wanted my refund and certainly all he was concerned about was his money, not the satisfaction of his customers. I wouldn't recommend this course to anyone for any aspect of it and especially any real golfers. Word of the wise, stay far away from this place.

"Course has filthy men's room"

uCXDO1834CX's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/31/2014

Poor starter skills. Our cart was taken away because of Bad scheduling. Many of the golf carts were broken at least 6

"Hoppy Hoppy Greens - Slow Blitz"

mancrib's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2014

Let's start out by saying the greens were horrible. The balls hopped more than a tourist on a hot beach. The earliest tee time I could get was 9:36, which was 2 groups after the Blitz. I was thinking that should be good, because the Blitz golfers know the course and typically play faster than the average Joe. God, I wish Average Joe had been ahead of me. It took over 5 hours to play a par 70 course, because of the Blitz in front of us. No marshall to check the speed of play, so they just kept playing their version of the "Masters" while we have to sit in our carts and watch them measure and line up their 6 inch putts. Crazy! Anyway, to say something nice, the rest of the course was in pretty good shape. They actually had decent grass in the fairways and decent sand in the traps. Lots of sand and seed on the greens (oops, not so good there!#. Having to wait forever to play made my round not as much fun. Fortunately, I was with some good friends and the folks there treat you good. They just need to put a timer on their Blitz and do something #ever heard of "rolling" them?) with their greens!

"Great fall rates"

edson6delao's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/23/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather

The new pre fall rates are great, can't beat the price for 18 holes with a cart.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"Poor Greens"

Jrundlett's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2014

A great course if you get a deal on golfnow. Not worth the full asking price, however they do have specials sometimes through the course. Greens need improvement. Wide fairways.

"* putting at the dunes"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2014

Fairly easy to find ur way around the fairway....but when u get to the green u better stick the pin every time or I recommend just put with ur eyes closed cuz u got a better chance at making it from any distance.overall enjoyment I give it a.......acceptable for the price and a 6:45am tee time.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"skip the free lunch and bad greens"

johnsojrevms's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

The staff is very friendly and helpful. A nice newish standing structure with indoor plumbing bathroom/concessions placed partway through the front and back nine was a plus.(avoiding the port-a-potty is always nice) Fairways are in good shape. The layout is not particularly challenging though some fairways are a bit narrow. With that being said the greens were in bad shape. I would have actually been happier had no "lunch" been included with my greens fees. Plain tacos with no drink on a hot day is not a lunch in my opinion. My dad tells me the "included breakfast" is much better. I paid $2.25 for a cup of ice and a little pepsi, no refills even though I hadn't even left the clubhouse. I really like the course layout so I would play here again expecting that I caught the greens at a low point and I would disregard "lunch included".

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"Ocean View"

MItchJones's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

I've been playing here for 7 years and this is the worst the greens have ever been. Especially this late into the season. I see they're doing a lot of repairs in different sections on various greens. But, there are a lot of gaps, sandy patches and bumps.

I love this course anyhow and it's so local. I'm just hoping that the greens keep coming around. They're always best in Aug and Sept anyhow. But, never this bad throughout the spring or early summer.

I'll chalk it up to them doing repairs/improvements.

"Great Features"

Robert6962903's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2014

The course has good scoring holes and the greens were very-well maintained. The golf facility and locker rooms are very outdated.

"Greens"

Rodney5042410's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2014

The greens are terrible here. They use the excuse of a hard winter, everyone else had the same winter and their greens are ok. Not worth playing.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"Old school layout"

Jerry2076453's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2014

I like the course, decent mix of holes. Unfortunately they had recently top dressed the greens and the fairways were a little sparse. Maybe better in a few weeks. It's been a rough winter...

"Not bad"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Verified Purchaser

The greens were not in great condition, most courses have already aerated and the greens are looking good, the greens here were really tough more sand then grass a little disappointed. I could have paid less and played a course in better condition

"Cabin Fever Round"

BobKemble's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/23/2014

For this time of the year and the winter weather we've been through, the course was great to play. Good round for me, had some rust to knock off. last 4 holes showed how long a lay off I had.<br/> Course played very well and had drained good. had a fun day.

"Outstanding Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 9/20/2013

My friend and I played this course this Friday and we really enjoyed this course it was wide open greens which made it easier to play. I would play this course again and would also recommend this course to others who play golf. I will play this course next week, I do not see any problems with this course like some of the other reviewers have stated. We ate breakfast there and it was cheap and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would recommend this course by all means.

"Maintenance being preformed"

LocalWeekendGolfer's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2013

When I played they had recently sanded the greens and left 17 of them uncut/long... Only the 18th green was cut to a normal height. Not sure what that was about... Would play again, just call them first.

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

"Easy Layout but Greens need attention"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 8/10/2013

The course has a wide open layout with little trouble from the tee box down the fairways. The big problems with Ocean View is around the greens. The bunkers have little to no sand, and the greens are in ruff shape. The greens have patches of grass, rocks, sand, and bare dirt. With the condition of their greens, it is impossible to get a true roll with your putts.

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

"Course is short and tight"

gary55's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/26/2013

The course was in fair shape due to the fact sand bunkers were full of standing water, heavy rains. It also appeared the hole cups hadn't been moved in a while not clean cut around the edges. Didn't really need a driver playing from the black tees. The course received brand new carts the day we played. Slow greens.