Fallen Oak Golf Course

• 24400 Highway 15 North, Saucier, Mississippi 39574, Harrison County
  • (877) 805-4657, (228) 386-7015
  • www.fallenoak.com

Year built: 2006
Architect(s): Tom Fazio (2006)
Type: Private/Resort
Greens: TifEagle Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Caddies: Yes

Dress code: Collared shirts, pants appropriate for golf and soft spikes. No denim, please. Tailored shorts are permitted if no higher than mid-thigh. Ladies may wear tailored shorts, pants or golf skirts.
Credit cards accepted: Yes

Yellow 72 6133 yards 69.4 133

"Simply the best"

GeorgeBB's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/08/2016

If price were no object, simply the best course on the MS coast. Everything about the experience is top notch. Everything.

"Fallen Oaks in Oct 2016"

PrudentGolfer's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/05/2016

Course was nearly empty considering I played on a weekday and you have to be staying at the hotel to get on. Best feature of the round was the conditioning of the course--greens, fairways and tee boxes all in pristine condition. Ball sat up nicely in every fairway and greens rolled true.

"Great, but expected more"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Fallen Oak was exceptional in many respects. The staff was superb, treating you like a member from the moment they valet your car to the moment they park it in front of the clubhouse for you to leave (there is no shuttle from the Beau Rivage, which is 15-20 min away and quite a cab fare if you have to take one). In the locker room I was given Boo Weekley's locker and my shoes were cleaned. The clubhouse was beautiful, as was the course.

And yet as a pure golf experience I was left wanting a little more for my $200 green fee. Perhaps I'm being picky, but as far as the golf course goes it was no more exceptional or memorable than the courses I've played on the RTJ Trail for a half or a third of the price. However, I will say Fallen Oak's greens were fast and true and the practice facility (complete with short game area) was very nice. The carts were as comfy as advertised, but the lack of GPS was disappointing. And I must say my experience was tainted by a very loud fivesome in front of me that had me fed up by the turn, when I played 10 and returned to the clubhouse for lunch (which was also nice).

Would I play Fallen Oak again? Possibly, but even if I'm staying at Beau Rivage again (which you must to play Fallen Oak) I'd be tempted to try one of the other courses on the Coast like Grand Bear or The Bridges. All in all, I would recommend Fallen Oak, at least once.

"As good as it gets on the gulf coast"

BrandonTuckerGA's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2016
Previously played Used cart

Biloxi's Fallen Oak is as good of a high-end, destination golf experience as you'll find in the southeast. Guests of the Beau Rivage, about 15 minutes away, have access to this exclusive course.

I had the privilege of playing in the Pro-Am for the PGA Tour Champions event here with Tom Bynum, a real fun guy to spend the afternoon with, but I did get to play my own ball here years ago when I first saw the course.

I'm a sucker for how Tom Fazio shapes golf holes, and he had an unlimited budget here, which allowed him to move live oaks around the property to put them in prominent places. The signature "fallen" oak can be found right of the 18th hole, and it's worth a walk around before playing a tough approach shot to this long par 4. But there are plenty of other gorgeous looks off the tee, and you may need some help reading the greens, which are large and tough, but very quick and pure.

Stick around afterwards for a drink and a meal and make use of the locker room facilities, which are well attended. A gentleman cleaned my shoes without me even asking. Great touch, especially considering we were playing after several days of rain (having said that, we were blown away with how dry the course was compared to some others we played this week; Fallen Oak was built properly).

"No Walk Alongs"

Web12's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/01/2016
First time playing Played 18 holes

I was not able to play this course. As a guest of the Beau I inquired about a tee time. My wife was traveling with me and is not a player, but loves the golf course environment and frequently walks along for exercise. What a women! Unfortunately, The Beau informed me that in order for her to walk along she would have to pay the full green fee. Many people complain about the exclusivity of the game as a reason for it's down trend. Here's a shining example of that. Very disappointing!!

"A golf experience"

joe3jax's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2015
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

The only way to play Fallen Oak is to stay at the Beau Rivage Hotel Casino. So, if you are on a budget, then this may not best option as green fee $200+tax is in addition to your room.<br/> What you get is a golf experience, not a round of golf. The course is located about 20 mins from the Casino, so you will need a car/taxi/shuttle. You are treated to a first class experience from the moment you arrive. This is the 2nd place I have been where the Locker room attendant insists on cleaning your shoes prior to the round. Hudson National GC being the other. They made a name plate waiting for me on the locker, and when I got done he even cleaned my shoe bag!<br/> Practice facility is nice, complete with short game area. So you can take your time to warm up.<br/> The course is typical Fazio, room off the tee, lots of doglegs and large greens. From the Tips I found the course forgiving with room for misses. Choosing the correct tees will be important, as the course can be long in spots, and asks a few questions about your iron game. I would recommend moving one tee box up when playing for first time.<br/> Conditions were excellent, but with so few rounds your would expect nothing less. The greens rolled at a good pace for August, and were consistent.<br/> Overall, if you are willing to pay for a golf experience, this is the best option along the Gulf Coast.