The Preserve Golf Club

Golf school / academy: No

Dress code: No denim, collar shirt required
Credit cards accepted: Yes

"A Real Southern Belle!"

RhodyGrinder's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2017

What a great track! Things started perfectly when some very friendly cart attendants brought a cart right to my car, loaded me up, and then had it waiting at the range while I paid.

I was very pleased with the layout and course conditions. Tee boxes were grassy and flat. The greens were contoured, but gave you chances to score provided you were on the correct tier. I found the variety of holes to be interesting and things never felt cookie cutter. Really great.

I was visiting Mississippi for a work trip, but the staff made me feel right at home. They even had a great restaurant recommendation for dinner after the round.

My only ding was that I hit a 5some on the back, but they let me play through so no real harm there. I played as a single on a weekday afternoon and played under 4 hours. I felt very satisfied overall and thought the course was well worth its price. I'd recommend The Preserve without hesitation!

"the Preserve"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/21/2017

Play discourse after a ton of rain. The course drains really well it was in great shape for January in Mississippi. Super layout wide Fairways and big green definitely recommend to play if you're in the area.

"Very nice course!"

Bigboudreaux's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2016
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Went for a bachelor party and wasn't expecting that! The drive up to the club house was an eye opener. Perfectly manicured grounds from start to finish. The driving range was the best I've ever hit on. Titleist golf balls built up on a pyramid. I had the flu at the time, but the course played extremely difficult to me for some reason. The wild grass was high and abundant on every hole it seemed like. I ended up taking a lot of penalty drops that day.

"Must play"

lsbamf's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2016

The Perserve is one of my favorite places to play. This was my fourth trip to this secluded gem. Course condition has been A+ every time. Staff is top notch. Multiple tee boxes allow for a leisurely round or a tough challenge. Generous fairways allow you to approach these lightening fast greens from the short grass. If you hit the correct levels birdies can be had. If not, these greens can be difficult to navigate. The green fee of $100-$140 is worth it. Just 20 minutes from Biloxi, you'll likely save money stepping away from the craps table for a few hours.

"How this course is not rated as the best in mississippi is beyond me"

Raymond6219218's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather

You can look at all the courses you want to in Mississippi and Louisiana and you will not find a better one. I have played Fallen Oak. I have played Dancing Rabbit. I have played English Turn. They don't compare. Course was in beautiful shape and plays hard which is great. Fairways excellent. Tee boxes excellent. Greens beyond excellent. Golf cart with Range finder and electronic scorecard is an added luxury. Price for the course? 1-10 I give it a 100. This is no joke. This is just as nice or nicer than Fallen Oak at half the cost. You wont find a better course in Mississippi and Louisiana and if you don't play this course you are doing yourself a disservice. I will be back very soon. Thank you Preserve

"Biloxi's best besides Fallen Oak"

BrandonTuckerGA's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2016

The Preserve delivers the best destination golf experience in the Biloxi-Gulfport area outside the exclusive experience at Beau Rivage-Fallen Oak.

What's great about The Preserve is that, like Fallen Oak and Grand Bear, the acreage is entirely natural and expansive. It's name comes from the fact the layout is surrounded by 1800 acres of preserve, and the back nine in particular showcases some wide open, long views, while the front nine features some more tree-lined corridors. There are some neat design elements and the hole variety is very good.

At just 6,774 yards from the tips, some of the best golfers might crave a little yardage, which can be found at Grand Bear, but the majority of us are really going to enjoy the hole variety and playability of this Jerry Pate design.

Commented on 05/25/2016

I would disagree that this course is not as good as the fallen oak. Both courses in my opinion are equal except the preserve isn't 200 dollars a round and you don't have to stay at the resort to play the course. IMO