Grande Dunes Resort Course

4.1971235294 4.2 stars from 5 (46)

Caddies: Yes

Practice bunker: Yes
Golf school / academy: Yes - "Ritson-Sole Academy at Grande Dunes"

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.

Silver (W) 72 5900 yards 68.3 123

"Fun challenge"

jcmmanning's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017

Great course with lots of variations on the holes. Beautiful scenery went with a course in excellent condition. Played long due to wet weather the previous day. Certainly a course our group intends to play again.

"excellent southern course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

I couldn't recommend Grande Dunes more. Staff friendly 'and helpful, great practice facility, beautiful design and layout, greens rolling nicely even thought they'd been sliced recently. Also, pace of play good even though they let morning groups off both tees. our foursome finished in 4:15. Definetely worth a try if you're in Myrtle.

"Staff Members too Cool for Guests"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

Grand Dunes was the last stop on a 4 day Golf trip with 8 guys. We played Tidewater, Caledonia, and True Blue the first 3 days. The staff, members, and everyone we met or got paired up with were fantastic. At Grand Dunes this was not the case. Check in was fine and the one bright spot is the southern gentleman at check in. The bartender made a bloody Mary for us with no vodka in it but we didn't say anything. The starter sent us to the range then didn't remember we gave him our check in slips. Then we were paired up with 2 young, cocky, aholes that worked there. They didn't introduce themselves to us so we did the honors. Then one had his girlfriend with him just hanging out, OK. Nothing against her but that's just tacky especially when you work there. Grand Dunes, change your policy and don't allow employees to play with guests if they are like this. Then we get to the first tee and the cocky kid proceeds to assume where we should play from, white and tells us he always plays black, but because of the wind not today, OK. Then him and the other kid get up and hit. Sorry, rude, aholes again. We are the guests and you should at least have the courtesy to ask if we'd like to go or wait for us all to get on the tee box. Then the first kid hit a drive into the apartments on the left and couldn't care less. Tees up another ball and pulls that left. The next kid then hits a good shot, I say great shot, he picks up his tee looks at me and walks past me without saying anything. OK tough guy. I'm sorry is it not polite to say thank you when someone compliments you. I guess he's just used to being so good compliments are expected. Then my friend and I hit good drives and they are just sitting in the carts talking about who just got fired from the club. I then hit my next shot right of the green in the water, they tell me that in the water and at this point I'm done. Never play golf for 4 hours with 2 D-bags. We just turned around and went back to the clubhouse. The other employees were sympathetic to the situation, and the guy in the proshop said this was not ok so good on him. He gave us a raincheck but we were soured on the course. We've come down to Myrtle Beach over 10 times with big groups and will suggest against this course to everyone moving forward. These 2 employees should be reprimanded and not permitted on the course with guests again.

Course Layout: Poor

"Great experience. Must play."

MillerOutdoors's avatar
New Hampshire Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/07/2017

Didn't play the tips because they were 7,600 yards (holy cow, lol). Great course. Pick the appropriate tees to play. Great practice areas with free, unlimited range balls.

The greens are sort of a dark, mahogany brown color (dormant bermuda I was told), but they putt very well, running around 9 on stimp meter I'd guess. Tees a 9, fairways a 9, traps a 9 or even a little better. Very cool design. Very playable, but tough, with some awkward approaches on a few holes, such as hitting off a downhill/sidehill lie to a raised green with mid/long iron.

I'd rate this course a must play based upon the whole experience. Any time you have to enter the grounds through a gate attendant you're probably in for a good experience, and this was no different.

"Great course"

robmoral's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/01/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

The course was in great condition , specially for this time of the year. The greens are in good shape and the fairways are also very good while the bunkers are in excellent shape. Although there are home on the perimeter of some fairways, they really do not come into play at all, unlike the majority of other golf courses in the area.The 9,10 and 13 holes have great views of the intercoastal water way. The course plays true to its card distance , long drivers will really enjoy the course. The staff was very friendly and professional.

"Fast Greens"

CHEEZY66's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2016

Recommended from a friend we booked and played it in the afternoon for a discounted rate. The course was well maintained with the greens being some of the fastest I have ever played on running 11 to 12 on the stimpmeter. A well laid out design with wide fairways and large greens. Not too easy and not too hard with an overall fairness that rewards good shots if you can putt.I will definitely be returning and hopefully really soon.

"Needs Some Love"

Gary9967365's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2016

Unfortunately I can only give this course three stars based solely on today's conditions. The tee boxes were very poor. The fairways were not much better. There were many burnt out patches all over the course. The greens were good considering they must have been punched in the past 2-3 weeks. Clubhouse staff and food service staff were all excellent. I played this course two years ago and it was worth a 4-5 star rating back then. The Founders Group seems to be letting it slide. There is no way this should be one of their premier courses in its current condition.

"Not special"

whelbing's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2016

All my friends said this was a special place to play. Maybe we caught it at the wrong time. Loved the layout And views but the course conditions were just average. Tee boxes were a little ragged and most bunkers were not raked. Pace of play was slow. Took a little over 5 hours to play. Will play again to see if we can find that special feel my friends talked about.

"Beautiful, challenging, fair and fun"

Kweezen1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather

My new fav MB course. Played 18 before it got too windy. Excellent layout, conditions (perfect greens) and great staff. Don't miss this one.

"Staff is extremely friendly and helpful"

droyse's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

This was my 1st time golfing here, and I would definitely come back and recommend to friends. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. Duane our starter was amazing. Highly recommend!!!!!

"Great time"

Jbush723's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather

First time playing the Grand Dunes. Amazing course. Great staff. Plan on playing next time at Myrtle Beach!!! Highly Recommend.

"Must play!!"

ralexander01's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/26/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Fourth time playing this course as part of busies golf trip. Always in good shape and very good staff support & service. Course has a great layout amount million dollar homes. Well stocked pro-shop and good 19th-hole! Will always go back every year.

"Nice course, good layout, sad greens!"

indglfr's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/02/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

This is one of the premier courses in MB and commands a premium fee, so why aren't the greens in as good or better condition as many of the less expensive venues? Greens were very bumpy, had tracks that looked like a small bulldozer had been driven back and forth over them and many of them had fresh sand that had been applied but not smoothed over, leaving a thick layer on top of the surfaces. Almost impossible to make a putt over a few feet. The rest of the course was in very nice condition, but the condition of the greens made this a unenjoyable experience!

"Great Golf Course"

USSI5674's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

My wife & I enjoyed our fist ( but not last!) round here. The fairways are fairly wide open, and the course overall was fun but not too challenging. The traps were well located but not overwhelming. There were not too many forced carries, and water came into play but did not dictate play.

"Great even when wet"

DoglegStraight's avatar
Plays:  Twice a year

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/31/2015

When I played the course it had rained for 3 days straight. There were no restrictions on carts and the course was in great shape!

"overrated!!"

schusker's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2015
First time playing Played as a single Walked Played 9 holes Good weather

shocked with rating on this site of this course. 5 or 6 pretty holes but quit on 11 ....just wasn't worth a 5.5 to 6 hour round. I have never quit on a course in my life but this average course was not worth it. 2 groups of bad golfers on each hole. At least the staff warned me with what seemed like pride that a round average was over 4.5 hours here. Have played 15 courses here in area...its near bottom and I will never return

"Beautiful course!"

jkduke01945's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 8/18/2014

Very well maintained course! Even with all the rain we have been getting this there was no standing water. Most holes were challenging with some water. A lot of fun!

"multiple tees to fit ability and distance"

virginia1945's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/16/2013

This course is a repeat; well maintained; complimentary range balls; good practice facility; golf now pricing competitive with what one could get locally.

"Great golf facility with an excellent staff"

None's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 9/27/2013

A good golf course, with one of the best practice facility in MB, but not the best value. A little bit desapointed with the pace of play and the quality of the golf course. Not as good as I remembered it. The staff is incredible. Forgot a pair of sunglasses and they kept it for us at the pro shop the next day.

"Excellent Day Of Golf!"

None's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 9/2/2013

Everything about this course was great. Staff was excellent. Course was in great condition and provided f or a wonderful round of golf. I will definitely play here again next time I visit.