Bali Hai Golf Club

Silver 72 6156 yards 68.6 113

Average Rating 4.4 stars from 5
Overall Condition: 4.8 stars from 5
Food & Beverage: 4.5 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city near the airport near local attractions   Great for advanced golfers entertaining clients a bucket list/top 100 pick   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch amazing food

"Noisy"

Skill: Beginner

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/27/2014

The course is very nice. No complaints at all. I would only say that it's directly under where planes take off. Don't worry about ppl talking in your backstroke, the 747 over head will drown it out. Overall a nice course to play if planes aren't taking off overhead, especially at 200 per round.

18 Hole Pace of Play: Average

"1st class experience"

golferdude26's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2014
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Very nice course with very high customer service experience. Well maintained! This course sits right at the end of the LAS airport....be prepared for some low flying (taking off or landing) jets & [noise]. Well worth playing!!

"course review"

RobCroy's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/15/2014

the course was beautiful and in fantastic shape.staff was extremely friendly and overall a fantastic experience

"reseeded condition"

ihcombo's avatar
Age: 45-54
Gender: Female

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/13/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Play right after its annual reseed, the course in a great condition with sea of green green and more green!

the green is not perfectly groom yet due to recent reseeding and play extremely slow, you just have to adjust to your putting, other than that, its a must play course in Vegas.

Commented on 09/22/2014

The course is really nice however I had to deal with the planes and helicopters flying over the course every 3 minutes. It's next to the airport and I've never played golf with soo much noise.

"Fantastic course, but try to get a deal somewhere"

dixoncider21's avatar
Age: 25-34
Handicap: 0-4

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Course layout is great, challenging holes all around regardless of skill level. Staff is top notch in LV. Greens were really slow, but that made for more aggressive putting. The rough was cut very short so you only lost your ball if you went OB. Bev carts were out and hit us up every 3-4 holes or so and we stayed well hydrated. Planes constantly overhead, but its not that big of a deal. Paid $160, which I thought was better than the $180 we paid last time. Will definitely be back.

Course Difficulty: Fairly Easy

"Superb"

elbourd's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2014

1st class the course was in great condition with helpful staff played on a $99 deal and fantastic value for a course of this standard try you will not be disappointed

"Overpriced"

clyde2jan's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/10/2014

The course is well designed and adequately challenging. The greens were a bit slow and what appeared to be a minimal amount of top dressing and healing from aeration. The course is in the takeoff pattern of Las Vegas International Airport and was therefore extremely noisy in the morning when I played. With all of this said, the green fees where much higher than another course that I played the day before.

"Awesome"

Pan2517's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2014

Great course. Good length from the tips. Challenging. Greens were recently punched but didnt make a difference. Staff was very friendly

"great views"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2014

the course has great views the only downside is the greens were sanded

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Great Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2014
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Fun course on the Vegas Strip. Staff was friendly and helpful. The beverage cart came around frequently which was great because it was hot. The greens were in great shape and challenging. I would play this course again if I'm in the area.

"Great course"

LeilaKramer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2014

First time playing. Good time. Very friendly staff.

Overall Condition: Good

"Great Course - Airplane Noise"

None's avatar
Plays: Once a month

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2014

This course was amazingly fun to play. I played it very early in the morning and had the entire course to myself. The views of the strip are incredible. The only reason I did not think the course is worth the price is that there is constant airplane noise since it is so near the airport. Otherwise, great fun, neat layout of holes. It is a resort course so the practice facility is basically non-existent. The range is hitting into a net and there is only a putting green. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Course Difficulty: Moderate

"Immaculate conditions but a bit stiff on staff side"

jmckinsey's avatar
Age: 45-54

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/29/2014

I played here on a Sunday mid-morning on a hot day. I had wanted to play with someone but the twosome going out in front of me included a staff member who I was told was not supposed to play with guests (he was playing with his father). I sensed, however, that he just did not want to play with me and the starter used that as an excuse. So I went out solo. Later I caught up with them and they essentially made me pass them by. So I played by myself which seemed unnecesary. I also almost holed my par three number nine which really would have ssucked to hit a hole in one when playing by myself.
Restaurant did not open until noon so just chips and canned sodas and beer available. But summer is their off season and the rate was cheap. Course is in impecable condition and nicely cchallenging in some places. In other places it is very wide open so you can hit pretty errant shots and make full recoveries.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Nice course...."

clfields's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Nice course but it had been aerated recently which made putting a challenge to say the least.

Course Difficulty: Moderate

"Great Course – A Must Play"

JBerkeley's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2014

Bali Hai is a beautiful golf course, excellent layout and in great shape; the views are spectacular. The greens were aerated and sanded but still rolled very well and true considering, not a problem at all. As other reviews have stated, planes fly close nearby due to the bordering the airport, but I didn’t find that distracting at all. In fact I thought it was pretty cool seeing planes flying low in the near distance on a few holes. Being right on the strip provided some awesome views of Las Vegas. The staff was awesome from the bad drop, to pro shop, to starter, to bartender at the 19th hole, I would definitely recommend the experience.

"Great Day Out"

stevemiller1968's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

A great day just outside of the strip. Great holes especially the Par 3's. Only disappointment was the greens had just been cored and were very sandy and slow which was a little disappointing as the price to play the course in sub standard condition should have been reduced. Overall apart from that I would still return and play!

"oh my, dont think we're in Kansas anymore."

scorpster's avatar
Handicap: 5-9

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2014

Like your cart is floating though the air with such carpet like fairways, even the rough was smooth. Top notch course. EVERYTHING. Don't seem possible but yeah.......EVERYTHING manicured to the upmost. over 10,000 palms set off in groups. Over 80 I counted in one batch. Great course great views. For visitors man its right there one of Las Vegas's BEST.

18 Hole Pace of Play: Average

Course Difficulty: Moderate

"One off the bucket list"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2014

I've always wanted to play Bali hai but for some reason or another it never happened, until yesterday! The course is in great shape, the staff was extremely professional, courteous, knowledgeable, and fun to talk to. The course offers some of the most amazing views with the panarama of Vegas in the background. Truly an oasis gem in the desert!

-Eric hofmann

Overall Condition: Excellent

"Great Option If You Get a Good Price"

MUTiger97's avatar
Handicap: 0-4

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2014
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I had played Bali Hai years ago, and quite frankly was not that impressed. For the rate they usually charge, I think there are much better options.

However, I was able to get a $99 rate from GolfNow so I thought I'd give it another try. I'm glad I did.

I had a 5:00 tee time on a Sunday afternoon. I was the last tee time for the day, so I never worried about anyone behind me, and only ran into one group in front of me, which let me play through. I had so much time I played two balls the entire round, which in effect gave me a 2 rounds for 1 deal.

The course conditions were excellent from tee to green. Fairways were near perfect, and the greens were very well manicured and smooth. I'm not sure how they can build an island course in the desert, but they pulled it off with Bali Hai.

Course was challenging, but all the Par 5s are reachable in two. All of them, which makes it kinda fun to know some birdies are out there.

Overall experience at Bali Hai was great. I think far more highly of it than I did after my first time. I'd highly recommend.

"Great Course in Vegas"

eckford's avatar
Age: 35-44

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2014
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

Love this course! Definitely would play it again the next time I'm in Vegas!