Bear's Best Golf Course

• 11111 W. Flamingo Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89135, USA
  • (702) 804-8500, (702) 605-0649
  • www.clubcorp.com/Clubs/Bear-s-Best-Las-Vegas

Year built: 2001
Architect(s): Jack Nicklaus (2001)
Type: Resort

GPS: Yes

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Paul Wilson Golf School"

Average Rating 4.0 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Great Course"

lpsgolfer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2017

A challenging course with good distance. The course is very scenic with beautiful backgrounds!

"Sand traps"

melboy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2017

Very, very inconsistent trap conditions. Some had perfect volume of sand and others had as little as an 1/8 of an inch of sand. Club would bounce off of hard packed ground and rocket ball across green. Just add more sand or maintain traps better. It was impossible to even dig your feet into sand in a number of traps! Only complaint! Otherwise, great course!!!

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 05/19/2017:

Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed our course, but we apologize that you didn't like our sand traps. We appreciate your feedback on this matter and will make sure to use your review to help us improve on this matter. Thanks again and we hope to have you back soon!

"Jewels of Vegas"

alfredtboey's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Played this last time with caddy years ago, Mike.

Very friendly and professional person. At the time, one couldn't play as a single, so he caddied for me and also played with me, shooting 69! (MIKE)

He was amazing, helping me with reading the lines with great putting accuracy.

This time, I was single again, playing twilight after some tournament on mom's day. It seemed that I owned the course, no wait, no one behind. That's why I could take those photos.

There were way more rabbits on the course than golfers.

Only 2 comments.........

1. The upkeep of the cart path and some hard landscaping are lacking. Some areas looked like after a minor earth quake with uplifted concrete.

2. It was very windy that day.

Otherwise, would have been a perfect day.

Mind you, I had 1 birdie and a couple of pars.

Being Canadian, just came out of winter, not bad for my standard.

Might play again before leaving Vegas..

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 05/19/2017:

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your time at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We're glad that Mike was such a big help to you the last time you were here, but we're glad that you were able to play at a great pace this time. We appreciate your feedback on our cart path and we hope to have you back before you head back to Canada!

Commented on 05/18/2017

Shared on twitter @golfadvisor, thanks for the review & pics!

"Course was in excellent condition"

uTTWS7436TT's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2017

The course had a marshall that speeded up play but later in the afternoon the slow players slowed up even worse. This happens when you have players that should not play a upscale course.

We enjoyed the course, which was in excellent shape!

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 05/16/2017:

Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course conditions, but we apologize that your round was delayed later in the day. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to have you back again soon!

"Good layout, mediocre conditions"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2017

I was initially very excited to play Bear's Best in Las Vegas but a lot of that was gone immediately upon arrival due to a "scheduling" mishap on their end. The overall layout of the course was very fair and an overall joy to play. However, I thought the condition of the course as a whole to be below what I would have expected especially considering the name of a legend being tied to it. Their was a lot of areas with crab grass and the greens were very inconsistent. I was only in 2 bunkers throughout the round but I might as well have been hitting off of the cart path with the hard pan underneath the 1"" of sand or so that was in them. If you're looking for a course with some cool views and a enjoyable layout and don't require immaculate conditions than you won't be disappointed. If it wasn't for the friendliness of the bar tender I would have given this course a much lower review.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 05/03/2017:

Thanks for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed the layout of our course, but we apologize that our course conditions didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and patience with us during the scheduling mishap. Our tee sheet system was having some issues for a couple of days. We hope you will give us another try in the future!

dvisich48's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2017

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 05/02/2017:

Outstanding! Glad you enjoyed your experience at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2017

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 04/28/2017:

Fantastic! Glad you enjoyed your experience at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

"Oh what a view"

Rosemariehorne's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017

The course was interesting and beautiful. Holes were fair and you could play them with some thought but you didn't feel like you were tackling the impossible. The houses surrounding the course were exquisite. All different all modern; art around every corner.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 04/20/2017:

Outstanding! We're glad that you enjoyed your experience at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We're pleased that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout and we hope to see you back again soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2017

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 04/20/2017:

Fantastic! We're glad that you enjoyed your time with us at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We look forward to having you back soon!

"Staff is great"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2017

The staff from dropping the bag till having a great meal at the 19 Th hole was the friendliest experience. Dave the starter has the hospitality skills of a dis-noid. Giovanna is great friendly and helpful to all needs on the course. And staff back at the clubhouse makes you feel like a member would be treated. Would recommend to anyone

The course itself is challenging. Being a 6 hcp it gave chances for risk reward and with a windy day made a golfer think twice during the round.

My wife who is a higher hcp loved it also. She doesn't hit it long but was able to get around the course with little trouble.

The only reason I gave the course itself a 4 star rating was because the greens were aerated about a week ago and nobody can make grass grow faster. I am betting that given time the greens would have been up to the same standards as the staff

Thank you guys and the next time we will be back.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 04/20/2017:

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us. We're pleased that our staff left a great impression on you. We're also glad that you and your wife enjoyed the challenge of our layout. We appreciate all of your kind words and we can't wait to have you back soon!

Mangap's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2017

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 04/26/2017:

Awesome! Come back soon!

"Too Tight"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2017

Staff was great! Course seemed a little unfair, tight fairways with rocks on both sides

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 04/20/2017:

Thanks for your review! We're thrilled that our staff left a great impression on you, but we're sorry that you did not enjoy our layout. We hope you will give us another try in the future!

"Exceeded my Expectations"

tim878's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2017

Had a really great experience. The course has great views of the mountains and the strip, and a lot of elevation changes. It's well maintained like you would expect. I thought it was a good test of golf... moderately difficult but fair. There was room off the tee, and the houses that are on the course were set back further than on most courses. Had a unique blend of water, sand, and trees. Staff was great, helped us get setup and let us go a little early.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 04/06/2017:

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you had a great experience with us at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We're pleased that you enjoyed the challenge of our course as well as the customer service that our staff provided you. Can't wait to have you back for another great day of golf!

"Fun day at Bears Best"

KathyLong's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2017

This beautiful course was very enjoyable with its signature holes, beautiful homes and views around the course Only negative was the greens were not in the best shape. It was challenging for our first golf outing of spring but also fun. Fee included warmup at golf range, chipping green and putting green. Great bloody mary from cart girl too and she came around often which was nice. Played in 4 hours. Friendly staff. Would play again.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 04/05/2017:

Awesome! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your first time with us at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We're glad that you enjoyed the variety of our holes as well as our beverages. We apologize that our greens did not meet your expectations and we appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you more in the future!

"Great coure"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

I really looked forward to the course and was not disappointed. Quite challenging, especially this being the first time. Conditions on the course were great, but so many people lack the basic courtesy of fixing their ball marks. The round was 4:45 so a little bit slow, but not terrible. Likely because they don't play the right tee's for their handicap which I find is the most common cause of slow golf. We essentially finished in the dark. All the staff were friendly and great to deal with. The layout is lots of fun to play. Got it for $50 on Golf Now, not sure I'd pay full price though.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 04/05/2017:

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your first round with us. We're pleased that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout as well as our course conditions. We apologize that your round was a little slow. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you back again soon!

jcashin's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/20/2017

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 03/27/2017:

Wonderful! Glad you enjoyed your time with us at Bear's Best Las Vegas.

"Excellent track but slow pace"

tigerhamilton's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/11/2017

Positives: The course is in excellent condition. The only issues were the ball marks that went unrepaired. For the desert the fairways were green, lush, and a perfect height. Got a good hot deal price. Don't think I would play here without a good rate.

Negative: Slow round. Played hurry up and wait all day and it took 5h 10m.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 03/13/2017:

Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed our course conditions, but we apologize for the pace of play. We know how important pace is and we will make sure to work to keep pace at a good speed. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the future!

"Course"

garyafrye1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2017

Course is in great condition. The only downside was the sand traps. They were very inconsistent, some had sand others were like concrete. The staff was very good.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 03/13/2017:

Wonderful! We're glad that you enjoyed our course conditions as well as our staff. We apologize that our sand traps did not meet your expectations. We will make sure to address this matter. Thank you for all of your feedback and we hope to have you back soon!

"Beautiful views of Vegas and Red Rock"

eanquiel's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/07/2017

This course is in great shape and has some beautiful views. The course is challenging but the novice golfer can still have a great time. The staff was very friendly, range balls are included with the green fees.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 03/09/2017:

Great! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course conditions and our views. We're also glad that you enjoyed the challenge that our course presented as well as out staff. We hope to see you again soon!

"Great course. Great day."

Gailec's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/01/2017

We played this course for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. We got a Hot Deal for $80 each, which made it all the more enjoyable. The pace of play was great, the course conditions could not have been better. Beautifully maintained, great layout and nice views. Would recommend checking out GolfNow for specials.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 03/03/2017:

Awesome! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your first time with us at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We're pleased that you got a great rate, pace was good, and that you enjoyed our course conditions. Can't wait to have you back soon!