Bear's Best Golf Course

• 11111 W. Flamingo Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89135, USA
  • (702) 804-8500, (702) 605-0649
  • www.clubcorp.com/Clubs/Bear-s-Best-Las-Vegas

Year built: 2001
Architect(s): Jack Nicklaus (2001)
Type: Resort

GPS: Yes

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Paul Wilson Golf School"

Tees | Layout

Average Rating 4.0 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Lucky"

gas1204's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/17/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

We waited out some bad weather and got in a quick round because most golfers cancelled. Great overall playing conditions with wide variety in hole design. 800 yards longer from white to blue tees. The layout is spread out amongst a lot of impressive houses, but they're not in play.

"Fast Greens and great condition"

Husk's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/15/2017

The course is tough but expected that from the golden bear. We went around in just over 4 hours which was good. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

golfsully's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/11/2017
First time playing Used cart Cold weather

Everyone on the staff we encountered was friendly and courteous. We exited the pro shop, which is loaded with logoed merch, to our clubs loaded up on carts w/ GPS just steps from the range. The grass was green & balls on the range were in good condition along with a chipping green and a putting green with conditions that matched those on the course. This was a front 18 of our day so pace was crucial. The starter was good about getting us off exactly on time and the pace of our round was near perfect with only brief waits on last few holes finishing out in 4h10m.

I'm partial to Nicklaus designs so the layout fit my eye. The rough is dormant, so it doesn't present a ton of difficulty while the rest took well to the overseed. Bunkers were maintained and most had a sufficient amount of sand. The pin placements were challenging, but not too absurd. The overall condition of the greens was good. The roll was OK, but a mix of different grasses and recovering ball marks sometimes got in way. Otherwise they were somewhat firm, of medium speed which worked out pretty fairly considering their undulation and the valley effect.

The beverage cart made at least four passes and the service was excellent which was also the extent of our food & drink at the course. A number of the holes offer solid views of the valley and on others the mountains to the west provide a spectacular background.

Bottomline, BB is a solid play and a good value for both locals and visitors. Definitely not a dealbreaker, but bringing the quality of the greens in line to match that of the high level of service in the operational aspects would produce a top notch experience.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 02/17/2017:

Thank you for your thorough review! We're thrilled that you had a great experience with us at Bear's Best Las Vegas. One of our top priorities is great customer service, so we're ecstatic that everyone on our staff that you encountered left a great impression on you.

We're also glad that you enjoyed our course layout as well as the views that we have to offer. We appreciate your feedback on our course conditions as well. Our maintenance staff has been working hard to keep conditions up with the amount of play we have been having. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to have you back very soon!

"Great Golf Holes"

bogeybuz's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/07/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

My three brothers and I played this course, and even with windy, cold conditions, got around in four hours. There were many challenging and/or scenic holes, and, except for the weather, we thoroughly enjoyed the course layout. We agreed it should be played again, but under less challenging weather conditions.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 02/10/2017:

Awesome! We're extremely pleased that you and your brothers enjoyed our course even with the wind and cold weather. We think when you play your next round in better weather, you'll love Bear's Best Las Vegas even more. Can't wait to have you all back!

"Great Course, but...."

alfredjoos's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/01/2017
First time playing Used cart Verified Purchaser

Golf course was great, but it is in the middle of dozens of new large homes being built, so that it was VERY noise everywhere. We'll be back next Year and hopefully the construction noise should be much less.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 02/13/2017:

Thanks for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed our course, but we apologize that the noise is so disruptive. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to have you back soon!

"Course in excellent condition."

Liberty299's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/30/2017

We had an awesome time playing this course. Course was in great shape. We got a great rate booking on golf now using hot deal 2 days prior to tee time. Would definitely play and recommend this course to others

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 02/07/2017:

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your first time with us. We're extremely pleased that you enjoyed our conditions and that you got a good rate. We can't wait to have you back again soon!

"In the middle"

tnitopi's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/18/2017
Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

I live in Las Vegas part time. I have played all of the courses in the Summerlin area. BB is a great course at a reasonable price. You can play better courses and you can play for less but BB is right in the middle. It's a great course to play at a great price.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 01/23/2017:

Thanks for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed your time with us at Bear's Best Las Vegas. Can't wait to see you again soon!

"Good course to play"

Rod5652917's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/10/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

For mid Jan, the course and greens were in good shape. There was some waiting despite the course not being very full.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 01/13/2017:

Thanks for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed our course conditions and we apologize that you had to wait a bit during your round. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you in the future soon!

"Amazing place"

leclerc's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/07/2017

Greens were a little rough, but it's January so expected some of that! Overal, great experience and the staff were very friendly.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 01/09/2017:

Awesome! We are so glad that you had a great time with us at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We appreciate your feedback on the greens and we hope to have you back soon for another great round of golf!

SandHawk's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/01/2017

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 01/03/2017:

Thanks for the 4 star rating! Glad you had a great time with us at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

"Greens"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/28/2016

Course was great but the greens were a little bumpy

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 01/04/2017:

Thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback on our greens. Hope to see you back soon!

"Really Fun Golf Course"

TeeJ757's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/27/2016
Previously played Used cart Cold weather

I'm a ClubCorp employee from 2,500 miles away (Virginia) and this was my second time playing this course. Both times were unforgettable!

This round started with a frost delay so we teed of about an hour after our tee time and I really thought we would have an issue finishing. We finished on time and never had to wait or got pushed. The tee's, fairways, and bunkers were in excellent condition! The greens rolled pretty good but were really beat up from ball marks. The staff was great! They kept us informed with the frost delay and one of the marshals on the course fixed my cart GPS because it wasn't working.

Don't have anything bad to say about this place!

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 01/09/2017:

Awesome! We're thrilled that you made it back out our way and that you had another great experience with us. We're also glad that the frost delay didn't hold you up too long or make your round too much longer. We're glad that you got to come back and visit us and we hope to have you back real soon!

"My Wife schooled us all!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/23/2016

I was so excited to finally get out to Vegas to play this course.I do admit it would probably be much better to play when its warmer and whole course is green but none the less a seriously challenging course.When we tee'd off the two gentlemen we were paired with play there frequently and were great players and said they would caddy for us jokingly at first tee.By 6th hole my wife had 2 birdies and 2 pars and was taking us all to the cleaners.From them on these two gentlemen took a whole different perception of her from when we began.By the end of our game she was 6 points ahead with 4 birdies and 6 pars and these two guys were simply dumb founded...Great day for my wife she played simply amazing given the difficulty of the course and layout.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 01/03/2017:

Fantastic! We're so glad that you and your wife were finally able to come out to Bear's Best Las Vegas. It sounds like it was a superb day on the course for your wife and we're glad that our regulars were fun to play with. Maybe next time we'll pair you with some other regulars and your wife can show off her skills some more! :)

"Challenging but very fair."

rmyok's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/13/2016

Course in great shape. Challenging but very fair. No surprises. Fairway is wide and trouble on one side or the other. Very women friendly course. My wife loved it .

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 12/18/2016:

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you and your wife both enjoyed the challenge our course presented. We hope to have you both back very soon!

"Slow"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/08/2016

Very slow play and never saw a Marshall to help.

Over 4 1/2 hour round.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 12/12/2016:

Thank you for your review! We apologize for the pace of play. We will definitely address this matter. We would love the opportunity to discuss your experience in more detail. Please reach out to us at bearsbestlv1@gmail.com so we can further discuss. Thank you again!

"Follow Up to Previous Review"

glennlv's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/01/2016

I previously reviewed this course and said that I would not play it again due to pace of play. I stand by that statement. However, my warning is that for every negative review that you see on golfadvisor, Bear's Best responds with a message providing an email address and asking you to contact them. If you send an email to the provided email address, you get no response. Trust me, I sent three of them. I believe it is an auto response making it seem like they really care what you think; however, that is just a ruse. Good luck getting a response from Bear's Best! There are many other great courses in Las Vegas, pick one of them.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 01/09/2017:

We apologize that we did not get back to your email. We appreciate you taking the time to respond and we will be emailing you no later than by end of day today. Again, we apologize for the delay and we will speak to you soon. Thank you!

"Nice, if you like waiting."

glennlv's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/01/2016

Bear's Best is a nice course in a great location, but the pace of play was horrific. The first four holes went well, but when we reached the fifth tee there were three groups on the tee, a group in the fairway, and a group on the green. All on one par four! As we approached the waiting line at the tee, a marshall, or maybe just a course employee because we never saw him again, was driving by. We flagged him down and questioned him about the delay and his response was that he had no idea. He smiled politely and drove away. We never saw him again. After that we had to wait for at least one group on every tee. So, be prepared. This is a challenging and enjoyable course but I can't recommend it because the pace of play is excruciatingly slow.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 12/05/2016:

Thank you for your feedback! We apologize for the pace of play that you encountered. We want all of our guests to have a great experience and pace of play is a big part of that. We would love the opportunity to discuss your experience in more detail. Please reach out to us at bearsbestlv1@gmail.com so we can further discuss. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!

"Nice layout"

Jbjoie53's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/10/2016

Great mountain views with beautiful unusual homes

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 11/14/2016:

Thanks for the 5 star review! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We look forward to having you back again soon!

"Buyer beware"

4glf4s's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/09/2016

Should have read other reviews first. Bunkers are like Cement. Greens were just OK. Staff was cordial. Cart prices ridiculous. U know you are in Vegas. No Marshall. 5 hour plus round. Playted in with the group behind us so we could all finish before dark. Not impressed. There on line apologies are all the same. they do nothing to improve the situation.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 11/14/2016:

Thanks for your review! We apologize that you did not enjoy your round with us. Pace of play is a top priority for us and we truly do appreciate your honest feedback. We would appreciate it if you could reach out to us at bearsbestlv1@gmail.com so we can speak to you more on this matter. We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!