Bear's Best Golf Course

• 11111 W. Flamingo Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89135, USA
  • (702) 804-8500, (702) 605-0649
  • www.clubcorp.com/Clubs/Bear-s-Best-Las-Vegas

Year built: 2001
Architect(s): Jack Nicklaus (2001)
Type: Resort

GPS: Yes

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Paul Wilson Golf School"

Tees | Layout

Average Rating 4.0 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Nice, if you like waiting."

glennlv's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/01/2016

Bear's Best is a nice course in a great location, but the pace of play was horrific. The first four holes went well, but when we reached the fifth tee there were three groups on the tee, a group in the fairway, and a group on the green. All on one par four! As we approached the waiting line at the tee, a marshall, or maybe just a course employee because we never saw him again, was driving by. We flagged him down and questioned him about the delay and his response was that he had no idea. He smiled politely and drove away. We never saw him again. After that we had to wait for at least one group on every tee. So, be prepared. This is a challenging and enjoyable course but I can't recommend it because the pace of play is excruciatingly slow.

"Nice layout"

Jbjoie53's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/10/2016

Great mountain views with beautiful unusual homes

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 11/14/2016:

Thanks for the 5 star review! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We look forward to having you back again soon!

"Buyer beware"

4glf4s's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/09/2016

Should have read other reviews first. Bunkers are like Cement. Greens were just OK. Staff was cordial. Cart prices ridiculous. U know you are in Vegas. No Marshall. 5 hour plus round. Playted in with the group behind us so we could all finish before dark. Not impressed. There on line apologies are all the same. they do nothing to improve the situation.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 11/14/2016:

Thanks for your review! We apologize that you did not enjoy your round with us. Pace of play is a top priority for us and we truly do appreciate your honest feedback. We would appreciate it if you could reach out to us at bearsbestlv1@gmail.com so we can speak to you more on this matter. We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

"very scenic layout"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/01/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Greeted as soon as we pulled up. We manicured, tough bunkers but good condition, tricky greens.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 11/03/2016:

Thanks for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your experience at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We hope to have you back soon for another round with us!

"A Great Nicklaus Golf Course"

CarnesBob's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

This is my first review of the course and I would recommend it to anyone. My wife and I played it with a single and had a great time. Pace was great and the tees to greens were in great shape again. Obviously, they have a great grounds team.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 10/27/2016:

Thank you for your 5 star review! We're so glad that you and your wife had a great time at our course. Nothing makes us more happy than when our guests enjoy every aspect of our course. We can't wait to have you and your wife back soon!

"Beautiful course ,Bad experience"

rockit4's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather

Beautiful course however the pace of play was painfully slow. Three and half hours and 11 holes complete we never saw a ranger, That was enough called it quits and headed in, However what we did see was UNBELIVEABLE beyond the group in front of us there was FIVE groups of FIVESOMES having a good ole time, When I got to the clubhouse I spoke about this issue to the staff. There response was oh yea we had a tournament today REALLY !! It was like they could care less about us, Maybe because we got a Hot Deal, thanks for nothing Bears Best

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 10/24/2016:

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you did not enjoy your round at Bear's Best Las Vegas. This is not the type of experience we want to provide our guests. We appreciate your feedback and will make sure to address the issues that have been brought to our attention. Again, we are so sorry and thank you for your review!

"Better courses in Vegas for less money!"

libby18's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/06/2016

Probably the worse conditioned Nicklaus course I've played. They overseeded and opened before it recovered.

GolfNow price was $190, way too much for the condition. Call before you go to check on conditions.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 10/11/2016:

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you did not enjoy your experience at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will come back and try us out again once the course has recovered. Thank you again!

"Overpriced"

WalkingPar's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/03/2016

We paid $139 and we were all extremely disappointed with the course conditions especially after we were told it was in great shape. There was fertilizer all over the course which I give them a pass on but the patchy fairways, inconsistent sand depth and poorly laid sod rolls around the greens made the slow play feel about right. It felt more like a glorified muni than a course Nickalus would put his name on.

Commented on 10/05/2016

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you did not fully enjoy your round at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We recently went through an overseeding program, so the course is still in the process of recovering. The course is still in good shape compared to others currently going through overseed now. We hope you will give us another try once our course is fully healed!

"BB"

bizzybecknd's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2016

Staff is unfriendly and pace of play is awful.

Commented on 10/03/2016

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you did not enjoy your experience at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We would like to hear more about your experience. Please reach out to us at bearsbestlv1@gmail.com so we can further discuss. We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

"Great option for a Vegas break"

Gamercer1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/29/2016

I had a free afternoon in Vegas and decided to book a tee-time on GolfNow. Bear's Best is a bout a $15 Uber/Lyft ride from the strip. Rental clubs $50, nice clubs but no balls provided (as some other courses do). Paired me with 1 local and 1 other tourist. Staff was very matter-of-fact and didn't really seam to go out of their way to accommodate. But none-the-less this is an excellent course to get off the strip for a nice afternoon outside. Pace of play was extremely slow and the local guy said that is usually the case. Didn't help that it was cart-path only. Course could have used a marshal to help move things along. But overall the quality of the course and facility was excellent.

Commented on 10/03/2016

Thank you for your review! We are pleased that you enjoyed our course. We apologize for the pace of play and that we are cart path only. We will make sure to address these points. We hope to see you back for your next round with us!

"Beautiful course, just needs a bit more love"

Ralong1037's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/29/2016

Bears best was a tough challenge but course was in good condition , but mgmt decided not to allow carts on course, so evened up w a 5 hr round

No Marshall to help

Commented on 10/03/2016

Thanks for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed our course. We apologize for the pace of play and that we are cart path only. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back for another round at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

"Great Value for a Great course"

shupezml's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/19/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

We paid $39 on golf now for Bear's Best - wow, what a steal. Fantastic golf course and very fun to play. I'd go back there in a heartbeat!

Commented on 09/23/2016

Thanks for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your round at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We are glad that you found a great rate and that you loved our course layout. We look forward to having you back soon for your next round!

"Great Course - a Top 5 for value and excellence!"

dougmacnamara's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/14/2016

This course has great variety - the best holes from Nicklaus courses around the world. I played just after 3week closure at end of summer and with top dressing still; however it was still great. Lots to challenge an experienced golfer, forgiving enough for an intermediate golfer. Homes surrounding the course are far enough away to not cause any concern (unlike some other courses in the area where you feel you could easily hit someone's window). I would definitely play again and bring my hard-to-impress friends! Impressive views of the mountains and desert landscape in the area!

Commented on 09/19/2016

Thank you for your review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your round at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We are pleased that our recent maintenance did not affect your round too much. We look forward to having you back soon with your hard-to-impress friends!

"We liked that the holes were from other coursrs"

phillipshj's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/11/2016

Should be noted that carts are path only,

Commented on 09/16/2016

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your round at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We apologize that you were not notified of the cart path only. We hope to see you back soon for your next round with us!

"Awesome Course with spectacular views"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/09/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I loved playing Bear's Best. The only disappointing thing was that it was cart path only and had to walk from cart to ball in fairways as they just had been over seeded. I will return and look forward to playing again. I would highly recommend playing this course when in Vegas

Commented on 09/27/2016

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We are pleased that our recent overseed didn't put too much of a damper on your round. We look forward to having you back for you next round!

"Luck of the draw."

enradatslob's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/11/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Luck smiled on me several times during my round at Bear's Best, from getting a few nice bounces back into the fair way to the beer cart girl showing up just as I ran out of water on this 105 degree day but mostly that luck was in the two-some I was paired with for the day. They are members at Bear's Best and were great about giving me good information about how to play holes, targets to aim at, and inside info like, "Park in the shade any chance you get. It's not good to get your buns toasted out here on a hot seat." The course, I was told was closing on Aug. 22 so my members said things weren't as immaculate as usual but the only issue I had was the condition of a few of the tee boxes, either too shaggy or burnt to a crisp. Other than that the course was in great shape. I most appreciated the practice facilities having not played in a while it was great to have range balls included in the greens fees, the chipping green was adjacent to the driving range for convenience and the putting green gave me a good feel as to what I would find on the course. I enjoyed myself immensely at Bear's Best and would recommend it to friends.

Commented on 08/29/2016

Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We love that our members gave you the ins and outs of the holes, as well as useful general information. We hope to see you back again soon for your next round!

"Awesome experience"

pmack8's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2016

The course was in really good shape. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. I wIill play Bears Best again next time we are in Vegas.

Commented on 08/14/2016

Thanks for the review! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and our staff. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Las Vegas area!

"Great course"

4larasgolf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2016

Great course, friendly staff, challenging great layout, replicating the holes from different courses was fun . Will play here again

Commented on 08/14/2016

Thank you for your review! We are happy that you enjoyed our course layout and our staff. We look forward to seeing you back for your next round at Bear's Best!

"Awesome course"

Brettnia's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2016

Excellent summer conditions , excellent and very interesting layout . One of the best in Vegas

Commented on 08/14/2016

Thanks for your review! We're please you enjoyed our course and are thrilled you consider us one of the best in Las Vegas. We can't wait to have you back for your next round!

"Very over rated"

ser4558's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/22/2016

We had a 1:10 tee time. Practice area is poor - no grass to hit off unless you want to practice hitting off ultralight lies. They started us behind a group of six foursomes who were ultra slow even though the course marshals could care less. It took one hour and forty five minutes to play six holes. All three of us decided to quit as the pace of play was horrible and not what you want when the temperature was 112F. Course is extremely over rated and hole layouts (for at least the first 6 holes) was pretty boring. Jack was having a bad day when he designed this place. Taking our group of 40 golfers for next months outing to another venue.

Course Layout: Poor

Commented on 07/28/2016

Thank you for your review. We apologize that you did not enjoy your experience here at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We understand that pace of play is a big part of the experience.

Please email us at bearsbestlv1@gmail.com so we can further discuss. Thank you!