Bear's Best Golf Course

• 11111 W. Flamingo Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89135, USA
  • (702) 804-8500, (702) 605-0649
  • www.clubcorp.com/Clubs/Bear-s-Best-Las-Vegas

Year built: 2001
Architect(s): Jack Nicklaus (2001)
Type: Resort

GPS: Yes

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Paul Wilson Golf School"

Tees | Layout

Average Rating 4.0 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"In the middle"

tnitopi's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/18/2017
Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

I live in Las Vegas part time. I have played all of the courses in the Summerlin area. BB is a great course at a reasonable price. You can play better courses and you can play for less but BB is right in the middle. It's a great course to play at a great price.

"Good course to play"

Rod5652917's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/10/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

For mid Jan, the course and greens were in good shape. There was some waiting despite the course not being very full.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 01/13/2017:

Thanks for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed our course conditions and we apologize that you had to wait a bit during your round. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you in the future soon!

"Amazing place"

leclerc's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/07/2017

Greens were a little rough, but it's January so expected some of that! Overal, great experience and the staff were very friendly.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 01/09/2017:

Awesome! We are so glad that you had a great time with us at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We appreciate your feedback on the greens and we hope to have you back soon for another great round of golf!

SandHawk's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/01/2017

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 01/03/2017:

Thanks for the 4 star rating! Glad you had a great time with us at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

"Greens"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/28/2016

Course was great but the greens were a little bumpy

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 01/04/2017:

Thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback on our greens. Hope to see you back soon!

"Really Fun Golf Course"

TeeJ757's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/27/2016
Previously played Used cart Cold weather

I'm a ClubCorp employee from 2,500 miles away (Virginia) and this was my second time playing this course. Both times were unforgettable!

This round started with a frost delay so we teed of about an hour after our tee time and I really thought we would have an issue finishing. We finished on time and never had to wait or got pushed. The tee's, fairways, and bunkers were in excellent condition! The greens rolled pretty good but were really beat up from ball marks. The staff was great! They kept us informed with the frost delay and one of the marshals on the course fixed my cart GPS because it wasn't working.

Don't have anything bad to say about this place!

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 01/09/2017:

Awesome! We're thrilled that you made it back out our way and that you had another great experience with us. We're also glad that the frost delay didn't hold you up too long or make your round too much longer. We're glad that you got to come back and visit us and we hope to have you back real soon!

"My Wife schooled us all!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/23/2016

I was so excited to finally get out to Vegas to play this course.I do admit it would probably be much better to play when its warmer and whole course is green but none the less a seriously challenging course.When we tee'd off the two gentlemen we were paired with play there frequently and were great players and said they would caddy for us jokingly at first tee.By 6th hole my wife had 2 birdies and 2 pars and was taking us all to the cleaners.From them on these two gentlemen took a whole different perception of her from when we began.By the end of our game she was 6 points ahead with 4 birdies and 6 pars and these two guys were simply dumb founded...Great day for my wife she played simply amazing given the difficulty of the course and layout.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 01/03/2017:

Fantastic! We're so glad that you and your wife were finally able to come out to Bear's Best Las Vegas. It sounds like it was a superb day on the course for your wife and we're glad that our regulars were fun to play with. Maybe next time we'll pair you with some other regulars and your wife can show off her skills some more! :)

"Challenging but very fair."

rmyok's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/13/2016

Course in great shape. Challenging but very fair. No surprises. Fairway is wide and trouble on one side or the other. Very women friendly course. My wife loved it .

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 12/18/2016:

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you and your wife both enjoyed the challenge our course presented. We hope to have you both back very soon!

"Slow"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/08/2016

Very slow play and never saw a Marshall to help.

Over 4 1/2 hour round.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 12/12/2016:

Thank you for your review! We apologize for the pace of play. We will definitely address this matter. We would love the opportunity to discuss your experience in more detail. Please reach out to us at bearsbestlv1@gmail.com so we can further discuss. Thank you again!

"Follow Up to Previous Review"

glennlv's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/01/2016

I previously reviewed this course and said that I would not play it again due to pace of play. I stand by that statement. However, my warning is that for every negative review that you see on golfadvisor, Bear's Best responds with a message providing an email address and asking you to contact them. If you send an email to the provided email address, you get no response. Trust me, I sent three of them. I believe it is an auto response making it seem like they really care what you think; however, that is just a ruse. Good luck getting a response from Bear's Best! There are many other great courses in Las Vegas, pick one of them.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 01/09/2017:

We apologize that we did not get back to your email. We appreciate you taking the time to respond and we will be emailing you no later than by end of day today. Again, we apologize for the delay and we will speak to you soon. Thank you!

"Nice, if you like waiting."

glennlv's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/01/2016

Bear's Best is a nice course in a great location, but the pace of play was horrific. The first four holes went well, but when we reached the fifth tee there were three groups on the tee, a group in the fairway, and a group on the green. All on one par four! As we approached the waiting line at the tee, a marshall, or maybe just a course employee because we never saw him again, was driving by. We flagged him down and questioned him about the delay and his response was that he had no idea. He smiled politely and drove away. We never saw him again. After that we had to wait for at least one group on every tee. So, be prepared. This is a challenging and enjoyable course but I can't recommend it because the pace of play is excruciatingly slow.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 12/05/2016:

Thank you for your feedback! We apologize for the pace of play that you encountered. We want all of our guests to have a great experience and pace of play is a big part of that. We would love the opportunity to discuss your experience in more detail. Please reach out to us at bearsbestlv1@gmail.com so we can further discuss. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!

"Nice layout"

Jbjoie53's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/10/2016

Great mountain views with beautiful unusual homes

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 11/14/2016:

Thanks for the 5 star review! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We look forward to having you back again soon!

"Buyer beware"

4glf4s's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/09/2016

Should have read other reviews first. Bunkers are like Cement. Greens were just OK. Staff was cordial. Cart prices ridiculous. U know you are in Vegas. No Marshall. 5 hour plus round. Playted in with the group behind us so we could all finish before dark. Not impressed. There on line apologies are all the same. they do nothing to improve the situation.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 11/14/2016:

Thanks for your review! We apologize that you did not enjoy your round with us. Pace of play is a top priority for us and we truly do appreciate your honest feedback. We would appreciate it if you could reach out to us at bearsbestlv1@gmail.com so we can speak to you more on this matter. We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

"very scenic layout"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/01/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Greeted as soon as we pulled up. We manicured, tough bunkers but good condition, tricky greens.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 11/03/2016:

Thanks for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your experience at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We hope to have you back soon for another round with us!

"A Great Nicklaus Golf Course"

CarnesBob's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

This is my first review of the course and I would recommend it to anyone. My wife and I played it with a single and had a great time. Pace was great and the tees to greens were in great shape again. Obviously, they have a great grounds team.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 10/27/2016:

Thank you for your 5 star review! We're so glad that you and your wife had a great time at our course. Nothing makes us more happy than when our guests enjoy every aspect of our course. We can't wait to have you and your wife back soon!

"Beautiful course ,Bad experience"

rockit4's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather

Beautiful course however the pace of play was painfully slow. Three and half hours and 11 holes complete we never saw a ranger, That was enough called it quits and headed in, However what we did see was UNBELIVEABLE beyond the group in front of us there was FIVE groups of FIVESOMES having a good ole time, When I got to the clubhouse I spoke about this issue to the staff. There response was oh yea we had a tournament today REALLY !! It was like they could care less about us, Maybe because we got a Hot Deal, thanks for nothing Bears Best

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 10/24/2016:

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you did not enjoy your round at Bear's Best Las Vegas. This is not the type of experience we want to provide our guests. We appreciate your feedback and will make sure to address the issues that have been brought to our attention. Again, we are so sorry and thank you for your review!

"Better courses in Vegas for less money!"

libby18's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/06/2016

Probably the worse conditioned Nicklaus course I've played. They overseeded and opened before it recovered.

GolfNow price was $190, way too much for the condition. Call before you go to check on conditions.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 10/11/2016:

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you did not enjoy your experience at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will come back and try us out again once the course has recovered. Thank you again!

"Overpriced"

WalkingPar's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/03/2016

We paid $139 and we were all extremely disappointed with the course conditions especially after we were told it was in great shape. There was fertilizer all over the course which I give them a pass on but the patchy fairways, inconsistent sand depth and poorly laid sod rolls around the greens made the slow play feel about right. It felt more like a glorified muni than a course Nickalus would put his name on.

Commented on 10/05/2016

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you did not fully enjoy your round at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We recently went through an overseeding program, so the course is still in the process of recovering. The course is still in good shape compared to others currently going through overseed now. We hope you will give us another try once our course is fully healed!

"BB"

bizzybecknd's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2016

Staff is unfriendly and pace of play is awful.

Commented on 10/03/2016

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you did not enjoy your experience at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We would like to hear more about your experience. Please reach out to us at bearsbestlv1@gmail.com so we can further discuss. We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

"Great option for a Vegas break"

Gamercer1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/29/2016

I had a free afternoon in Vegas and decided to book a tee-time on GolfNow. Bear's Best is a bout a $15 Uber/Lyft ride from the strip. Rental clubs $50, nice clubs but no balls provided (as some other courses do). Paired me with 1 local and 1 other tourist. Staff was very matter-of-fact and didn't really seam to go out of their way to accommodate. But none-the-less this is an excellent course to get off the strip for a nice afternoon outside. Pace of play was extremely slow and the local guy said that is usually the case. Didn't help that it was cart-path only. Course could have used a marshal to help move things along. But overall the quality of the course and facility was excellent.

Commented on 10/03/2016

Thank you for your review! We are pleased that you enjoyed our course. We apologize for the pace of play and that we are cart path only. We will make sure to address these points. We hope to see you back for your next round with us!