Bear's Best Golf Course

• 11111 W. Flamingo Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89135, USA
  • (702) 804-8500, (702) 605-0649
  • www.clubcorp.com/Clubs/Bear-s-Best-Las-Vegas

Year built: 2001
Architect(s): Jack Nicklaus (2001)
Type: Resort

GPS: Yes

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Paul Wilson Golf School"

Tees | Layout

Average Rating 4.0 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Great Value for a Great course"

shupezml's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/19/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

We paid $39 on golf now for Bear's Best - wow, what a steal. Fantastic golf course and very fun to play. I'd go back there in a heartbeat!

Commented on 09/23/2016

Thanks for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your round at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We are glad that you found a great rate and that you loved our course layout. We look forward to having you back soon for your next round!

"Great Course - a Top 5 for value and excellence!"

dougmacnamara's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/14/2016

This course has great variety - the best holes from Nicklaus courses around the world. I played just after 3week closure at end of summer and with top dressing still; however it was still great. Lots to challenge an experienced golfer, forgiving enough for an intermediate golfer. Homes surrounding the course are far enough away to not cause any concern (unlike some other courses in the area where you feel you could easily hit someone's window). I would definitely play again and bring my hard-to-impress friends! Impressive views of the mountains and desert landscape in the area!

Commented on 09/19/2016

Thank you for your review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your round at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We are pleased that our recent maintenance did not affect your round too much. We look forward to having you back soon with your hard-to-impress friends!

"We liked that the holes were from other coursrs"

phillipshj's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/11/2016

Should be noted that carts are path only,

Commented on 09/16/2016

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your round at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We apologize that you were not notified of the cart path only. We hope to see you back soon for your next round with us!

"Awesome Course with spectacular views"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/09/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I loved playing Bear's Best. The only disappointing thing was that it was cart path only and had to walk from cart to ball in fairways as they just had been over seeded. I will return and look forward to playing again. I would highly recommend playing this course when in Vegas

"Luck of the draw."

enradatslob's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/11/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Luck smiled on me several times during my round at Bear's Best, from getting a few nice bounces back into the fair way to the beer cart girl showing up just as I ran out of water on this 105 degree day but mostly that luck was in the two-some I was paired with for the day. They are members at Bear's Best and were great about giving me good information about how to play holes, targets to aim at, and inside info like, "Park in the shade any chance you get. It's not good to get your buns toasted out here on a hot seat." The course, I was told was closing on Aug. 22 so my members said things weren't as immaculate as usual but the only issue I had was the condition of a few of the tee boxes, either too shaggy or burnt to a crisp. Other than that the course was in great shape. I most appreciated the practice facilities having not played in a while it was great to have range balls included in the greens fees, the chipping green was adjacent to the driving range for convenience and the putting green gave me a good feel as to what I would find on the course. I enjoyed myself immensely at Bear's Best and would recommend it to friends.

Commented on 08/29/2016

Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We love that our members gave you the ins and outs of the holes, as well as useful general information. We hope to see you back again soon for your next round!

"Awesome experience"

pmack8's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2016

The course was in really good shape. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. I wIill play Bears Best again next time we are in Vegas.

Commented on 08/14/2016

Thanks for the review! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and our staff. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Las Vegas area!

"Great course"

4larasgolf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2016

Great course, friendly staff, challenging great layout, replicating the holes from different courses was fun . Will play here again

Commented on 08/14/2016

Thank you for your review! We are happy that you enjoyed our course layout and our staff. We look forward to seeing you back for your next round at Bear's Best!

"Awesome course"

Brettnia's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2016

Excellent summer conditions , excellent and very interesting layout . One of the best in Vegas

Commented on 08/14/2016

Thanks for your review! We're please you enjoyed our course and are thrilled you consider us one of the best in Las Vegas. We can't wait to have you back for your next round!

"Very over rated"

ser4558's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/22/2016

We had a 1:10 tee time. Practice area is poor - no grass to hit off unless you want to practice hitting off ultralight lies. They started us behind a group of six foursomes who were ultra slow even though the course marshals could care less. It took one hour and forty five minutes to play six holes. All three of us decided to quit as the pace of play was horrible and not what you want when the temperature was 112F. Course is extremely over rated and hole layouts (for at least the first 6 holes) was pretty boring. Jack was having a bad day when he designed this place. Taking our group of 40 golfers for next months outing to another venue.

Course Layout: Poor

Commented on 07/28/2016

Thank you for your review. We apologize that you did not enjoy your experience here at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We understand that pace of play is a big part of the experience.

Please email us at bearsbestlv1@gmail.com so we can further discuss. Thank you!

"Always a joy!"

daslinker's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

Great conditions, excellent, fun course to play. Not extremely difficult, but enough choices to enjoy making you think instead of just banging away. The greens are always in great shape, and although there's only water water on two holes, the placement and variety of sand, waste and treacherous desert areas can cost you shots if you get too wayward. The rough is seldom penal, but there are some nasty patches that they let grow and will swallow your ball forever if you're unlucky enough to get in them. At any rate, it's always been a user-friendly place to play and an enjoyable round of golf- even when you play as bad as I did today. Wish I could afford to play there more often!

Commented on 08/14/2016

Thank you for your review! We are pleased you enjoyed your round with us. We look forward to having you back for your next round!

"Nice course"

Richard6202276's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2016

Enjoyed playing this course. It was in good shape with diverse and interesting holes. Would definitely play again.

Commented on 08/14/2016

Thanks for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your round with us. We look forward to seeing you soon again at Bear's Best!

"Fun course"

Richard6202276's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2016

Overall had a great time. Staff was excellent. The course was in good shape!

Commented on 08/14/2016

Thanks for your review! We're happy you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon at Bear's Best!

"Great Layout"

robertblathan's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2016

This course tests your ability to adjust from hole to hole. It is a great change up, and gives you an opportunity to work on different shots based in the signature holes from around the world.

Commented on 08/14/2016

Thank you for your review! We're glad you enjoyed the layout of our course. We hope to see you again soon for your next round!

"Hot breezy day in Vegas at a fun course"

apinzon23's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Play this course every time I visit Las Vegas because it's challenging and has an interesting layout of Jack's favorite holes. It was not too busy so pace of play was good and customer service was excellent. Greens were above average; at times in the past they have been slow and bumpy, but this time they were ok. A few places around town have aerated and I think they may have done so a few weeks prior.

Commented on 08/14/2016

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us at Bear's Best. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Las Vegas!

"Typical Nicklaus"

Tommy4435522's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2016

Pick the correct tees for your game and bring your "cut" shot. In typical Nicklaus layouts, the approach shots lean towards playing a fade. Very good overall condition. Some sneaky and shot changing elevation requirements. Very good bunkering as well as thought provoking par three challenges. From the correct tees, a very enjoyable round.

Commented on 08/14/2016

Thanks for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your round with us. We look forward to having you back again soon!

"has nice views of Las Vegas Strip and the Mountains"

vdub62's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

really nice course.The group in front of us was really slow bout 11 holes. Before they pick there game up. Wasn't that really hot in Vegas that day. So turned out to be a good day of golfing in Las Vegas. For this time of the month

Commented on 08/14/2016

Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed our course. We hope to see you again soon for your next round at Bear's Best!

"Great course"

jknight88's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2016

Great course fun layout to play

Commented on 08/14/2016

Thanks for your review! We're glad you had an enjoyable round at Bear's Best. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Very nice course"

johnammon's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Great course. Even though they had punched the greens a few day's before we played so they were slow it is a very nice course. great service. We will go back. Typical desert course so the rough is sand, dirt rock and cactus but not to hard to stay out of.

Commented on 08/14/2016

Thanks for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your round at Bear's Best. We hope to see you soon for your next round!

"Slowest round of golf I have ever played"

zhfrench's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2016
First time playing Walked Played 18 holes Poor weather

First of all we play on a day when the winds were blowing at 30-60mph all day so right off the bat it wasn't perfect. First two holes were fine. Great layout good shape. Then on the par three 3rd hole there are FIVE groups waiting on the tee FIVE. So after that three groups bailed. We called the club house and they said they would send a ranger right out. Nothing... So after the first nine we let the group in front get a hole and a half lead. We caught up to them in about two holes. Still the slowest pace I have ever seen. On the 15th the cart girl says she will get the ranger right on it again nothing happens. She also promises they will "take care of us when we get back."

So after our 6 hour round of golf we ask do you even have a ranger? All the guy says is yes we do... I told him well we just played a 6 hour round and didnt see anyone other than the cart girl once. He just walked away from me. Not even a sorry or anything.

Course is really cool great views and cool layout. But AWFUL staff poorly run.

Player Tip: Do not play here unless you enjoy playing a six hour round, with no ranger in site.

"Nice track but ?"

lyle3022134's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2016

Nice course greens very fast and good condition fairways in good shape too It was very windy so even more tuff at times but played well. Only one gripe I have they wanted to charge my wife 38 bucks just to ride and watch me Golf? Really I didn't pay anything the day before at Rio Secco which in my mind is more better course by far. So don't advise to take your wife along here or anyone at that matter it be half the price of tee time ? Don't get that and it turn me off about here no matter how nice it is.. They need to be a little more realistic about a cart price ..

Commented on 08/14/2016

Thank you for your review. We apologize that you did not enjoy your experience here at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience.