Bear's Best Las Vegas

GPS: Yes

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Paul Wilson Golf School"

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Goat Ranch"

jdrittenburg's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

I am a local avid golfer and golf every Sunday with my buds. I received a 2 for 1 and was psyched knowing we were playing Bears Best one of the best courses in The Valley. Not so on 8/20 it was a goat ranch and should have been closed. The amount we paid should have been $18 a dollar per hole and that's being kind. The owners should be ashamed as they admitted to us they were closing the course for overseeding today 8/21. Bears Best is better than this and the worst of it is that, right after they oversees they expect to charge $75 are they kidding!!

Wait 3 months and you will have a much better time and see the course when it is lush.

"Check in Person AWFUL AND RUDE!!!!!!!!!"

jeff5479994's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

I booked our tee time online, got to the course just to find out it was in awful condition for over seeding. No where on their website did they say they were over seeding. I asked the person checking us in about it and he said "that's the breaks when you book online" really so this is how it is playing a Jack Nicholas course. He told me this is what all the golf coursed in Vegas are like this time of year. I live in Las Vegas not a tourist playing and not all courses are like this. I will never go back to this place. By the way we ended up playing another course that day and they were extremely nice and the course was in great shape. Management should take a hard look at how you treat people that are not members. Terrible service.

Course Layout: Poor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2017

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 08/21/2017:

Excellent! Glad you enjoyed your time with us at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

isklein's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2017

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 08/16/2017:

Fantastic! Come back soon!

"Always a good course to play"

bigdrive11's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/09/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Course was in good shape for August. As always a challenge. Great value if you can get a deal.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 08/15/2017:

Wonderful! We're glad that you enjoyed our course conditions and the challenge our course presented. We hope to have you back again soon!

Izzy3918919's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 08/14/2017:

Outstanding! Come back soon!

"Have to play once"

Ceriost's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2017

A very challenging layout that will have you a bit apprehensive of the tee. If you are a bit wild off the tee you will be in trouble. The course was in decent shape for the weather (106 degrees) but there were some spots on the greens that needed some attention. The fairways were in good shape and surprisingly there were a lot of dead spots in the rough. I made my tee time through golf now ($60 x 2; plus $35 for spectator) and it was a bit pricey for the time of day. I was able to play Spanish Trails for a better price ($38 x 2) and they gave my spectator a cart for free.

The practice facilities is very nice and is included in the green fees. The range is huge with minimal number of targets. I would suggest more targets between 120 and 200 yards.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 08/04/2017:

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout and our course conditions. We appreciate your feedback on our targets on our driving range. Hope to have you back soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 08/01/2017:

Outstanding! Come back soon!

"Play this course now!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Had a 7:20 tee time and pace of play was around 4:45 round. Before we reached the first tee we realized my playing partner was missing his putter. He went into the pro shop and they didn't have a loaner club so the guy in the pro shop (Jason) loaned us his out of his own bag. Now that's service. So off we went to the 1st tee.

The course was in great shape and proved to be challenging (we played the green tees). My home course is by a river and has similar tempatures as Vegas in the summers but due to the dry heat my ball carried farther here (10-20 yards). I started making puts once I cut my break in half from my initial read. Lots of bunkers on the course and my group played our fair share of them. I think at least one time all three of us were in the same bunker. The front 9 beat us up.

We made it around to the 13 hole and I got a hole-n-one. Man was I excited!!!! After we finished our round I made my way onto the pro shop. I was bummed to find out they don't offer any commemorative items for a hole-n-one anymore (was hoping for a flag or something) so I settled for a clean score card to frame and they gave me 25% off the hat I was buying.

Our round came with a free lunch and drink as a promo for the British Open. The food was great but the margaritas were even better. Probably the best in Vegas.

So in a nut shell. The staff was friendly and went above and beyond. The course was amazing! The food was great and the dinks even better. I got a HOLE-N-ONE!!!! Sorry I'm still excited about that one.

So what are you waiting for? Book a round of golf and have a great day like I did (hole-n-one not guaranteed).

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 07/26/2017:

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We're pleased that our Jason and the rest of our staff left a great impression on you, that our course met your expectations, and that you enjoyed our menu. We're thrilled that you got a hole in one as well! We can't wait to have you back for your next round with us!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/20/2017

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 08/01/2017:

Wonderful! Glad you enjoyed your experience at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

"Great Experience"

RetiredCoachAZ's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

I am not sure of my exact price as we were guests of a ClubCorp member. We found the course to be an excellent experience. 18 of Jack's better holes on once course. The pro shop staff was curt and professional, while the grill staff was matter of fact. The warm up facility was large and well stocked with golf balls. The course itself is in better than reasonable condition considering June and July have been hot and dry in LV. The bunkers were not in prime condition. Greens were fast and hard. A must play when in Sin City.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 07/25/2017:

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed your first time at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We're pleased that our staff left a great impression on you and that our course conditions met your expectations. We hope to have you back again soon!

elfoldo's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2017

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 08/01/2017:

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course conditions and we hope to have you back again soon!

"Good value"

hilltomtx's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2017

In Vegas, not easy to find a reasonably priced golf course. After a 15 minute uber ride from Encore, the course is very scenic with mountain and strip views. Staff was very nice and the course was fun. Greens had been punched a few weeks earlier but were decent although pretty slow. I d like to play again when healed.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 08/01/2017:

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We're pleased that our staff left a great impression on you and that you enjoyed the layout and scenery of our course. We look forward to having you back again!

"4 Star Course"

golfing1836's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2017

Pros: Fairways and bunkers are in excellent condition. Fun and unique golf holes. Love the black sand bunkers on like 2 of the holes.

Cons: Cut your greens, they were the slowest I played this week when compared to other courses in the Las Vegas area.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 07/05/2017:

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our fairways and our bunkers as well as our unique layout. We do apologize that you were not a fan of our greens. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have you back soon at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

"Always a Good Round"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/01/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Bears Best is well managed and the course is in very good condition. We were a three-some in a sea of foursomes and we paced out at just under four hours , which is awesome on a weekend. The refreshment cart circled us four times, so we never had to wait for refreshments or a snack.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 08/01/2017:

Excellent! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course conditions and that you were able to play at a good pace. We can't wait to have you back at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

"Jack's West Coast courses. Challenging"

ballardjm1958's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/29/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

It was over 105 degrees when we played. The greens were actually a little slow, to save the grass. Being Jack's West Coast holes, it was challenging. Very enjoyable and challenging golf. Definitely will play again.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 07/13/2017:

Excellent! We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our course despite the heat. We can't wait to have you back at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

ruesenberg's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 08/01/2017:

Outstanding! Come back soon!

"Bears Best"

nand79's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2017

The course and the layout are both very good. The only downfall I found were the greens are in bad condition. Tons of ball marks are they are super slow. Just now them down and this could be a great course. Too much money for the shape of these greens

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 06/20/2017:

Thanks for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and layout, but we apologize that our greens did not meet your expectations. We do our best to make sure all of our guests know to repair their own ball marks as well as go through and fix any that are missed. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will come back in the future and give us another try!

"Great Shape/Challenging Course"

dnico33's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

But all water stations were empty and tee box markings were at times confusing. All that takes is a little effort. Very disappointed not to be able to access water on the course on a 90* plus day.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 06/16/2017:

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course conditions as well as the challenge of our layout. We do apologize that you were not able to get water from our water stations. We appreciate your feedback on our tee box markings and we hope to have you back soon!

"Great deal"

dgross23's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2017

My first time at a Nicklaus course. Starter was very helpful and accommodating. Paired w local which was a great help. Great layout. Wonderful views. Can't wait to get back.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 06/14/2017:

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your first time with us and at a Nicklaus course. We're pleased that our staff left a great impression on you and that you enjoyed the challenge of our course. We can't wait to have you back for another great round!