Bear's Best Las Vegas

GPS: Yes

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Paul Wilson Golf School"

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

Haiyen's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2017

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 10/17/2017:

Outstanding! Come back soon!

gasantos4's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2017

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 10/16/2017:

Awesome! Glad you enjoyed your time with us at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

"A birthday gift to my Boyfriend"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/03/2017

I surprised my boyfriend with a round of golf at Bears Best and he was not disappointed! We loved everything about this course!

Everything about the course was beyond my expectations! From the friendliness of the staff to how beautiful the course was and how it was maintained!

We definitely will be back and I highly recommend Bears Best when one is in Vegas!

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 10/06/2017:

Terrific! We're thrilled that you and your boyfriend enjoyed his birthday round with us. We're pleased that our staff left a great impression on you and that you enjoyed our course conditions. We can't wait to have you back for another great day at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

"Beautiful Course"

reylafuente's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2017

I read a few bad reviews about the course conditions, so I was little worried about playing here, but I must say.. me and my buddy were pleasently surprised of the overall conditions, the only thing I would sugest is that being that it was cart path only

because of overseeding, they should put sand bottles in fairway for players to fill divots, there were alot of them. other than that I hghly recomend this course.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 09/27/2017:

Excellent! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course conditions despite our recent course maintenance. We appreciate your feedback regarding filling divots and we will definitely make sure to discuss this. We look forward to having you back again soon at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

"Good course typical Nicklaus"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2017

Overseeded greens were fine. Fairways were thin

Worth playing

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 09/27/2017:

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed your round with us and we appreciate your review. Hope to have you back again soon!

"Windy conditions"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2017

Great views but course was unplayable in my opinion. Requested a rain check after 3 holes but were rudely told they could not grant a raincheck because we had booked thru Golf Now. Very disappointed. Quit after 9 holes. We did not ask for any green fees back. Just the chance to play it under reasonable conditions.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 09/29/2017:

Thank you for your review! We apologize that we did not provide you with the customer service we strive to provide all of our guests. We'd love the opportunity to speak with you more about your experience. Please reach out to us at bearsbestlv1@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to speaking with you!

"Great time!"

mariochapa1123's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

Another great time here! The course is difficult with a great scenery. Always try to play this course when I vegas. Only thing I would say is hit it close to the cart path...both times we played has been cart paths only and you could be for a little hike to hit your next shot.

Highly recommended this course

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 09/20/2017:

Outstaning! We're thrilled that you enjoyed the challenge our course presented. We appreciate that you try and play our course every time you are in the area. We can't wait to have you back the next time you are in Las Vegas!

"Nice course!"

Jared7865740's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

Second time playing this course and it is a recommended place to play. While the course was a little shaggy since they are just coming out of their overseeding in August it is still a nice layout and the greens were in pretty good shape. However, they need to remind the players to fix their pitch marks and stop dragging their feet on the greens. My divot tool got a workout and that was on top of the ones I made myself. The round took a little longer than normal due to the cart path only but overall still a great day at Bear's Best.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 09/18/2017:

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course conditions despite our recent overseeding. We're also pleased that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout. We do stress to our guests that they are responsible for fixing their ball marks. We appreciate your feedback and will make sure to stay on top of this. Thank you again and we look forward to having you back for another great day!

"Great value, fun course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/15/2017

Got a great deal with GN while on a business trip. Course had been overseeded so cart path only, but conditions were much better than TPC Vegas which I played the day before. Pace was good, even as a single until last 5 holes. Then it really backed up. But as a single, couldn't complain. Course is unique as it's a combo of holes from numerous golf courses Nicklaus has designed. Views were awesome. I would definitely play here again.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 09/18/2017:

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course despite our recent course maintenance. We're also glad that you were able to play at a good pace. We can't wait to have you back at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

"CART PATH ONLY WHEN WE PLAYED"

Greg8761924's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/14/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Booked this round on the internet, at time of booking no one told me it would be cart path only. One man in our group is 91 years old anyone who has played this course knows at 91 years old you cant walk this course. It was not much fun the rest of our group after we found out we would be walking most of the course. We are not upset because of the golf course maintenance, but why did they not tell us when we booked it would be cart path only?

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 09/19/2017:

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you were not aware that we were cart path only. We strive to make sure all of our online tee times have cart path only notes and icons present. We will make sure to communicate to our pro shop staff that they should strive to inform all of our golfers when they check in that we are cart path only. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you back in the future!

"Yes!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/12/2017

I read the reviews posted by those who played Bear's Best in August 2017, many were very negative. Understandable. For top courses in LV, that isn't surprising. We played after the overseading and this course right now is an 8 on it's way to a 10. If you are considering playing BB after 10/1/17 don't miss out!!

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 09/14/2017:

Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed our course despite our recent overseeding. We can't wait to have you back once the course is back to a 10!

"stay on car path"

deddave818's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2017

tee boxes sucked fairways were all ruff guy in pro shop should told me the truth instead of luring to my face when I ask the course was...

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 09/14/2017:

Thanks for your review! We apologize that it was not clearly communicated that we had recently overseeded. We appreciate your feedback and will make sure to address this moving forward. Thanks again and we hope to have you back soon!

"My home course"

vegasbob13's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Bear's Best has been my home course for ten years which should say it all. From the tips it challenges the best. Even from the forward tees, you have to be on your toes. The course just came out of over seeding and it looks really good. By the end of the month, everything should be lush.

Many of the staff members have been there for years and they are all great. I sometimes go to the grill even if I am not going to be playing that day.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 09/14/2017:

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and the challenge that it presented. We're honored that we are your home course and we're pleased that our staff made a great impression on you. We look forward to seeing you back for another 10 years at least!

"Beautifully challenging layout"

Veronica5273390's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/08/2017

Though the grass was thin in spots, you just remember you are playing in the desert. Very challenging but great fun. The staff were very accommodating. Great food and drink at the snack bar. I will continue to return whenever I'm in Vegas.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 09/14/2017:

Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed the challenge our course presented. We're also pleased that our staff and menu left a great impression on you. We can't wait to have you back the next time you are in Las Vegas!

bigdrive11's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/23/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 09/14/2017:

Great! Glad you enjoyed your time with us!

"Bear's Best ...."

Retawraelc's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

....that really says it all. I wish they flashed the story of the hole and where it came from on the GPS. In my rope 3 Cegas courses.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 09/14/2017:

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed your round with us at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We appreciate your feedback on our GPS and we can't wait to have you back again soon!

"FORE The record"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

With the hype of supposedly being best in Las Vegas, I quickly jumped on the opportunity to play a round there. The grass on the practice range was closed off. My tee time was 25 minutes over what it was scheduled. The tea boxes and fairways were an awful condition brown long grass dirt patches everywhere. It took 5 1/2 hours to complete around because of over crowded bookings. The only good thing I could possibly say is the greens were in good shape. Strongly recommend don't play here.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 08/28/2017:

Thanks for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your round with us. We're sorry that your tee time was delayed and that our course conditions did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another try in the future!

"Goat Ranch"

jdrittenburg's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

I am a local avid golfer and golf every Sunday with my buds. I received a 2 for 1 and was psyched knowing we were playing Bears Best one of the best courses in The Valley. Not so on 8/20 it was a goat ranch and should have been closed. The amount we paid should have been $18 a dollar per hole and that's being kind. The owners should be ashamed as they admitted to us they were closing the course for overseeding today 8/21. Bears Best is better than this and the worst of it is that, right after they oversees they expect to charge $75 are they kidding!!

Wait 3 months and you will have a much better time and see the course when it is lush.

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 08/24/2017:

Thank you for your review! We apologize for the course conditions during your round and that we did not do a better job in our communication explaining our preparations to make the course ready for our overseed. Please contact us directly, to give us an opportunity to re-earn your trust in us. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you!

"Check in Person AWFUL AND RUDE!!!!!!!!!"

jeff5479994's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

I booked our tee time online, got to the course just to find out it was in awful condition for over seeding. No where on their website did they say they were over seeding. I asked the person checking us in about it and he said "that's the breaks when you book online" really so this is how it is playing a Jack Nicholas course. He told me this is what all the golf coursed in Vegas are like this time of year. I live in Las Vegas not a tourist playing and not all courses are like this. I will never go back to this place. By the way we ended up playing another course that day and they were extremely nice and the course was in great shape. Management should take a hard look at how you treat people that are not members. Terrible service.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 08/24/2017:

Thank you for your review! We apologize for the course conditions during your round and that we did not do a better job in our communication explaining our preparations to make the course ready for our overseed. We're also sorry that we did not provide you with the customer service we strive to give all of our guests. Please contact us directly, to give us an opportunity to re-earn your trust in us. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you!

Commented on 08/25/2017

Your response says to call you directly, not sure whom I am calling directly since I have no name. I called the pro shop directly and was told they have no idea whom I would speak with. I will assume the person answering the phone is the same person I had problems with the day I was there. Not to be difficult but do need a name.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2017

Response from Bear's Best Las Vegas on 08/21/2017:

Excellent! Glad you enjoyed your time with us at Bear's Best Las Vegas!