Siena Golf Course

GPS: Yes

Average Rating 3.8 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers locals wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers forced carries water hazards   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views amazing food

mark42750's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

While this course is known for most bunkers, I only visited the "beach" twice and was able to escape with one shot.

Response from Siena on 06/21/2017:

Now that's talent! We're so glad you were able to face the many challenges here at the course. We look forward to seeing you back, thanks for enjoying the course with us.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017

Response from Siena on 06/21/2017:

Let us know how we can make your next experience with us a 5-star one. We look forward to seeing you back again.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2017

Response from Siena on 06/21/2017:

Awesome! Glad you loved playing here, see you again soon!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2017

The staff is friendly. The course is in good shape. Unfortunately it took 3 hours to play 9 holes. Turning the back nine there were 3 groups backed up on the 10th tee so I quit. 3 hours for 9 holes is ridiculous.

Response from Siena on 06/06/2017:

We regret to hear the pace was not up to your liking for your round. We will inform our staff to make sure your next round with us is more timely.

"Siena golf club"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2017

Great location. Challenging course. Beautiful setting.

Response from Siena on 05/31/2017:

Awesome! So glad you loved the location and the challenge of the course!

"Good Course. Useless Tee Time."

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2017

The course itself is in good condition. The greens are bumpy. Fairways are nice. The layout is good with nice elevation change. The worst part was I made a tee time online for 1:01. I head to the tee at 12:57. Then I'm cut off by a twosome that didn't make a tee time and tee off right in front of me. I ask them what time their tee time was and they say "uhh I duno I think it was around 1:00 or something". So I was stuck behind them all day as they threw down extra balls for numerous shots. I never saw a ranger. So planning ahead of time and making a tee time doesn't give you any benefit at this course.

Response from Siena on 05/18/2017:

We are sorry to hear you were cut in front of by some of our guests who were not paying attention to their correct tee time, and thus your pace of play was affected. We will notify our rangers to have more of a presence and attentiveness to a situation like this, please let us know next time you're here the situation if that happens again so we can be of help at the time of the issue. We do hope to see you back soon.

"FUN!"

Ashtonishing's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2017

the greens were in great shape and the roll on them was pretty true I like that they are a little fast i would say 10 or 11. The bunkers on the other hand are horrible! Like concrete, they need sand very bad. Nice driving range.

Response from Siena on 05/18/2017:

We are working towards the best conditions possible, we're sorry to hear the bunkers did not live up to expectations. We understand that can be detrimental to the game if you get caught in a bunker. We're glad you loved every other aspect and most of all had fun!

"Really a gem"

kenb237's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2017

Fun course, fun layout. Greens were reasonable. Fairways were wide enough. Bunkers galore! The only draw back are that the green side bunkers really need more sand. Not many golfers have a club that can get the ball up in the air off of concrete. Very pleasant experience.

Response from Siena on 05/18/2017:

We're so happy to hear you loved your overall experience with us! We are working towards the best bunker conditions possible, we have our staff and crews notified of this. Glad you had fun out here, come back soon!

"A fun day at Siena!"

mdcarper6's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2017

My wife and I enjoyed the course, the layout, the condition, the staff and the facility in general. The course layout did penalize errant shots. Only 3 criticisms: 1) the traps had very little sand in the bottom- club bottomed out quickly 2) my wife found very little in the way of women's clothing in the pro shop. 3) we could have used a gps or yardage book at times since we were new to the course and it was difficult to tell where to hit the ball. All things considered we would certainly play it again.

Response from Siena on 05/11/2017:

We're delighted to hear you loved the course layout, conditions, and staff too! We'll pass along the compliments. We're working hard to address the san bunkers, ensuring they are the correct consistency. We thank you for leaving your honest feedback and glad you loved your day with us!

"Beautiful Course"

Travis3642569's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Course was well maintained. Pace of play was pretty awful. Had a great round, cant beat the price. I will be back.

Response from Siena on 05/17/2017:

Great! We're so glad you loved the conditions were on point We regret to hear that the pace of play was not ideal, we are working towards upholding the best possible pace for your next round. We hope you do return. Come back and see us!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2017

Response from Siena on 04/26/2017:

We loved having you at the course, glad you enjoyed yourself and your round!

"Really nice design"

apanozzo77's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

This course is perfect. It is well thought out and difficult but not super long. You'll need every club in your bag to have a good day here.

Response from Siena on 04/25/2017:

Awesome, we're so glad you loved the course layout and found it a great challenge!

"Fun Round"

aichdot's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

The wind was gusting 35, but the Round was enjoyable. The course was interesting with varied hole configurations. The course condition was good and the staff was friendly and helpful. We hope to play again in less windy conditions.

Response from Siena on 04/25/2017:

We're so glad your round worked out nicely and your overall experience was memorable. We hope you return soon once the wind dies down.

"Nice golf course for a reasonable price"

John1781577's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

The course was in great shape - except for the greens which had very recently been aerated. Other than that the course was really a lot of fun to play. It was fairly crowded the day we went and play was a little slow - but not unreasonably so for a busy Saturday morning round. Overall, I enjoyed it a lot and plan to return to golf here again.

Response from Siena on 04/24/2017:

We are looking forward to seeing you again and so glad you loved the course and had fun!

"Challenging"

Mark1049130's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

Challenging course. They recently punched the greens so putting it's pretty much a joke.

Response from Siena on 04/24/2017:

We hope you come see us again once we are fully healed. Glad you loved the challenge though, we can't wait to see you!

"This is why the cost was low"

Michael3189222's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2017

Went to Vegas just for early year golf, saw Siena online, looked ok with low(er) comparative rate ($100 per at 10AM). However, you get what you pay for, this rate attracts a lot of locals (one of whom says he bought 3 rounds at Costco for $80, yes Costco) and a lot of first time golfers. Course is target golf with the deepest bunkers I have ever seen. That means a 5 hour round. Will pay more for better next trip.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Siena on 04/24/2017:

Thanks for your feedback it is important to us. we regret to hear that some of the play here was not up to your preferences, but we do hope you come back and see us again soon. we want to make sure you get the best value out of playing here.

"A course to play."

Bobsullivan's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2017

Course in great shape. Fairways were perfect. Greens rolled true. Pace of play can be an issue... not on our round today.

Response from Siena on 04/24/2017:

So glad you enjoyed the conditions and the pace wasn't too bad for you on this round. We can't wait to see you!

"Challenging, beginners stay out"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/23/2017

Your experience with Siena starts with the staff. They guys at the bag drop are so efficient and friendly! They have beautiful grounds including a stunning clubhouse. I enjoyed the course as well. Bring extra balls if you aren't confident in your pitching skills because the course WIlLL test them!

Response from Siena on 03/30/2017:

So glad you loved the challenge and the course too. Looks like our staff took good care of you, happy to see it!

"Not an elite course"

dwkerk's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/23/2017

The green fee would make you assume this is an upper end course. They think they are, but the reality is no they aren't.

No gps in carts, serious rabbit issues, dropping everywhere greens included, dirty bathrooms on the course, staff stuck up and unfriendly.

Response from Siena on 03/30/2017:

We're sorry to hear you didn't see good value playing here and the course did not meet your expectations. We will address these concerns here at the course and ensure our staff and crews are maintaining the course diligently.

"Never again"

stevegiandalia's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2017

Will never play this course again, unless I want to go through a 6 hour round. After 3 hours we finally made the turn, when I complained at the pro shop they really could care less, after all it's March Madness week, yes that's what they said, also that the Marshall said it was on pace? If a 3 hour 9 is on pace they should post pace of play prior to charging you $85 to play. Like I said they could care less.

Response from Siena on 03/23/2017:

We certainly care about your experience with us and we're sorry to hear that pace of play was unacceptable during your round, we understand that can be frustrating when you're trying to enjoy a smooth round of golf. We do hope you return as we will be addressing these concerns at the course and hoping you will see our improvements next time around. Your feedback is very important to us.

Commented on 03/24/2017

Update on feedback, Thom the Regional General Manager reached out to me, had an excellent conversation. He was very gracious and apologized for our experience. I appreciated the fact that he took the time to track me down when most people would have just let it be. He has restored my faith in great customer service at his facility and based on my conversation I will give Sienna a second chance.