Siena Golf Course

Fairways: Rye

GPS: Yes

Tees | Layout

Average Rating 3.8 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers locals wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers forced carries water hazards   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views amazing food

"Challenging, beginners stay out"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/23/2017

Your experience with Siena starts with the staff. They guys at the bag drop are so efficient and friendly! They have beautiful grounds including a stunning clubhouse. I enjoyed the course as well. Bring extra balls if you aren't confident in your pitching skills because the course WIlLL test them!

"Not an elite course"

dwkerk's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/23/2017

The green fee would make you assume this is an upper end course. They think they are, but the reality is no they aren't.

No gps in carts, serious rabbit issues, dropping everywhere greens included, dirty bathrooms on the course, staff stuck up and unfriendly.

"Never again"

stevegiandalia's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2017

Will never play this course again, unless I want to go through a 6 hour round. After 3 hours we finally made the turn, when I complained at the pro shop they really could care less, after all it's March Madness week, yes that's what they said, also that the Marshall said it was on pace? If a 3 hour 9 is on pace they should post pace of play prior to charging you $85 to play. Like I said they could care less.

Response from Siena on 03/23/2017:

We certainly care about your experience with us and we're sorry to hear that pace of play was unacceptable during your round, we understand that can be frustrating when you're trying to enjoy a smooth round of golf. We do hope you return as we will be addressing these concerns at the course and hoping you will see our improvements next time around. Your feedback is very important to us.

Commented on 03/24/2017

Update on feedback, Thom the Regional General Manager reached out to me, had an excellent conversation. He was very gracious and apologized for our experience. I appreciated the fact that he took the time to track me down when most people would have just let it be. He has restored my faith in great customer service at his facility and based on my conversation I will give Sienna a second chance.

"Fails to honor tee tines"

Gordonaubuchon's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/11/2017

Siena overbooks their course. We arrived 45 minutes in advance of our 1:15 PM Tee Time and we're allowed to start at 2:15 PM, 1 hour late. This, plus pace of play resulted in us having to skip 3 holes on the back nine.

Gordon

Response from Siena on 03/13/2017:

We understand pace of play was an issue during your round and we apologize your round was cut short due to this. We hope you come back soon we are working on pace of play issues daily to ensure tee times are adhered to. We thank you for leaving your feedback.

"Early season?"

deanchar's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/06/2017

As I am not a local I believe that it is early season in Vegas and the course is being shaped into form. It is still in fair shape and very playable.

Response from Siena on 03/13/2017:

Thanks for playing at Siena! We are in the midst of in-season now, we hope you're loving the course and we thank you for visiting!

"Good Course bad conditions"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/06/2017
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

The is a good course with really tough greens. The extreme winds the past 2 days dried them out and nothing would stick. Also, the pin placements were always on angles so if you missed your putt you ended up with a 5-8 ft. putt. I'd like to play this course again in better conditions.

Response from Siena on 03/08/2017:

We hope to see you again later this season. Glad to hear you found the greens to be an exciting challenge!

"Who is loverloking the quality of the course?"

Milemarker18's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2017

Las Vegas local. Been golfing Siena for 8 years and never seen it in worse shape. The tee boxes seem that they haven't been groomed in over a month. Broken tees and divot chunks all over. Dead fairway edges, and the A typical Siena sand traps will ruin your clubs. Love the soccer golf holes at the end of the fairways. Really? The pin flag poles have broken advertisement sleeves on them, however the greens were probably the best kept parts of the course. The whole course seemed dirty and unkept. Not a typical day in years past golfing Siena. Very disappointed.

Response from Siena on 03/06/2017:

We appreciate your feedback and sorry to hear that the conditions may not have been up to par. We have informed our staff and crews on the matter and are working hard to rectify the situation and make this the best Las Siena Golf Club possible for your next round. We are working to bring all conditions including bunkers and tee boxes and more, back up to tip top shape. Come back and see us again we look forward to your visit!

"Overpriced"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

We were really looking forward to golfing at this course but soon discovered that this was a very poorly maintained course. The tee boxes were awful, it seemed liked they had not been cut in well over a week with the womens tee boxes particularly bad. Lots of bunkers on this course which is fine but there wasn't much sand in the bunkers. They were hard as concrete with about 1/2" of sand on top which was filled with rocks.

Overall, very overpriced for what you got, they did advertise $20 rounds for locals which was about what the course was worth but not $120 US which is what we got charged

Response from Siena on 03/06/2017:

We thank you for playing at Seina Golf Club and taking the time to review our course and the facility. We hope to see you again and we're working towards patching up anything we may have missed. That includes the sand bunkers and the tee boxes, we hope to see you again and you notice all the improvements we have or will make to the course. Thank you for letting us know!

Inspect9's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2017

Response from Siena on 03/06/2017:

We thank you for rating our course, let us know when you're back here how we can make your experience more than exceptional. See you again soon!

"EXCELLENT FOR INTERMEDIATE GOLFERS"

Plays:  Once a year

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

NICE, EASY COURSE. NICE CART GIRLS. GOOD GREENS & GRASS.

Response from Siena on 03/06/2017:

So glad you loved the course and it presented enough of a challenge for your enjoyment!

"Decent course, but overbooked"

blome's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/02/2017

I have played here many times, but this most recent booking it was so overcrowded that I was forced to play with strangers and couldn't start until 35 minutes late. I was only able to get in 14 holes before dark. As we waited to tee off we noticed Siena was still booking tee times online. At some point, a course should stop booking, and take care of their backed-up reservations.

Response from Siena on 03/06/2017:

We appreciate the feedback here and are working towards making pace of play ideal for your next round. We will voice your feedback here to our starters and staff. See you again soon!

"Great views and fun course to play"

dcrossinmg's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Enjoyed playing the course. The number of sand traps makes it very difficult, and unfortunately they were not in good condition. New , soft sand is needed! Pace was very slow, mostly due to the time searching for balls in the desert.

Response from Siena on 03/06/2017:

We are working towards making the sand traps in the best conditions possible, we thank you for your honest feedback and glad you had a wonderful time at our course!

"Excellent time!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/09/2017

Course was beautiful - Staff were all very accommodating and pleasant!

Pace was a little slow but that was great for me since I am a newbie and didn't have to feel rushed since we were waiting on next shot anyway....

fantastic day on the course and was paired with a single who was a great player and a great guy as well! Couldn't have asked for a better day!

Response from Siena on 03/06/2017:

We're so glad your experience with us was stellar! We'll pass your compliments on to our staff as well. See you soon!

"Patches"

19Andrewrubini48's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/06/2017

Greens read true

BUT--- patches of new truf in the fairways and on the greens. Had to replace the ball off hard dirt. And the hard dirt was not in the out of bounds area.

Response from Siena Tee Times on 02/08/2017:

Glad you loved the greens! We are working towards patching up the few spots that we missed. Thanks for looking out and for playing at Siena Golf Club!

"Worthy course, terrible buinkers"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/06/2016

Lovely, worthy course, except in bunkers. The course has not paid any attention to the sand in the bunkers in many years. The sand is never loosened up or refreshed resulting in poor to ridiculous packed sand to play from. The only conditioning is from players OCCASIONALLY raking.

Response from Siena Tee Times on 02/08/2017:

Thanks for letting us know about the bunkers. We have informed our staff and crews to ensure your next experience is stellar.

"Just another subdivision course in the Burbs"

4glf4s's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/12/2016

Course is similar to the others in Summer Lin. Has a few interesting holes. Bunkers are same as other courses. Hard with almost no sand over the clay base. Suggest you pick it from the bunker. Otherwise expect to skull it out of the bunker. Decent Greens. Ran firm, smooth with lots of break. Playted with a local couple which made it round bearable from a time view point. 5 hours plus and we were already 15 minutes behind when we teed off at 11:15

"Just great"

BradleyGH's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/05/2016

Played this course on my birthday and was not disappointed. THE layout, pace of play and views were excellent. Greens were good and decent roll. Amazed by the 100's of rabbits on every hole on the back 9, YES I said 100's. THEY did not interfere with the game and ran when you got to close. 1st time ever seeing that.

"Slooow Play"

SpartyMilty's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/04/2016

If you like 5 1/2 HR rounds this course is for you!! Played it twice with same results. Members play slow and they get the best tee times and ranger doesn't say anything to them so if behind them you are stuck. Course is in very nice shape but nothing makes up for the slow pace of play.

"Friendly Staff"

u000001461931's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/31/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

The service at this golf course is outstanding., especially the starter Lady Pert was real nice and accommodating she did a good job paring me up with the right group. I will definitely go back when i am in Vegas.

"Wonderful Experience"

GlennArchinoff's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/23/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Very playable but challenging course. Great layout. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this course. Great value for the money and a lot less expensive than some other local courses.