Siena Golf Course

Fairways: Rye

GPS: Yes

Tees | Layout

Average Rating 3.8 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers locals wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers forced carries water hazards   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views amazing food

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2017

Response from Siena on 04/26/2017:

We loved having you at the course, glad you enjoyed yourself and your round!

"Really nice design"

apanozzo77's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

This course is perfect. It is well thought out and difficult but not super long. You'll need every club in your bag to have a good day here.

Response from Siena on 04/25/2017:

Awesome, we're so glad you loved the course layout and found it a great challenge!

"Fun Round"

aichdot's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

The wind was gusting 35, but the Round was enjoyable. The course was interesting with varied hole configurations. The course condition was good and the staff was friendly and helpful. We hope to play again in less windy conditions.

Response from Siena on 04/25/2017:

We're so glad your round worked out nicely and your overall experience was memorable. We hope you return soon once the wind dies down.

"Nice golf course for a reasonable price"

John1781577's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

The course was in great shape - except for the greens which had very recently been aerated. Other than that the course was really a lot of fun to play. It was fairly crowded the day we went and play was a little slow - but not unreasonably so for a busy Saturday morning round. Overall, I enjoyed it a lot and plan to return to golf here again.

Response from Siena on 04/24/2017:

We are looking forward to seeing you again and so glad you loved the course and had fun!

"Challenging"

Mark1049130's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

Challenging course. They recently punched the greens so putting it's pretty much a joke.

Response from Siena on 04/24/2017:

We hope you come see us again once we are fully healed. Glad you loved the challenge though, we can't wait to see you!

"This is why the cost was low"

Michael3189222's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2017

Went to Vegas just for early year golf, saw Siena online, looked ok with low(er) comparative rate ($100 per at 10AM). However, you get what you pay for, this rate attracts a lot of locals (one of whom says he bought 3 rounds at Costco for $80, yes Costco) and a lot of first time golfers. Course is target golf with the deepest bunkers I have ever seen. That means a 5 hour round. Will pay more for better next trip.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Siena on 04/24/2017:

Thanks for your feedback it is important to us. we regret to hear that some of the play here was not up to your preferences, but we do hope you come back and see us again soon. we want to make sure you get the best value out of playing here.

"A course to play."

Bobsullivan's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2017

Course in great shape. Fairways were perfect. Greens rolled true. Pace of play can be an issue... not on our round today.

Response from Siena on 04/24/2017:

So glad you enjoyed the conditions and the pace wasn't too bad for you on this round. We can't wait to see you!

"Challenging, beginners stay out"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/23/2017

Your experience with Siena starts with the staff. They guys at the bag drop are so efficient and friendly! They have beautiful grounds including a stunning clubhouse. I enjoyed the course as well. Bring extra balls if you aren't confident in your pitching skills because the course WIlLL test them!

Response from Siena on 03/30/2017:

So glad you loved the challenge and the course too. Looks like our staff took good care of you, happy to see it!

"Not an elite course"

dwkerk's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/23/2017

The green fee would make you assume this is an upper end course. They think they are, but the reality is no they aren't.

No gps in carts, serious rabbit issues, dropping everywhere greens included, dirty bathrooms on the course, staff stuck up and unfriendly.

Response from Siena on 03/30/2017:

We're sorry to hear you didn't see good value playing here and the course did not meet your expectations. We will address these concerns here at the course and ensure our staff and crews are maintaining the course diligently.

"Never again"

stevegiandalia's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2017

Will never play this course again, unless I want to go through a 6 hour round. After 3 hours we finally made the turn, when I complained at the pro shop they really could care less, after all it's March Madness week, yes that's what they said, also that the Marshall said it was on pace? If a 3 hour 9 is on pace they should post pace of play prior to charging you $85 to play. Like I said they could care less.

Response from Siena on 03/23/2017:

We certainly care about your experience with us and we're sorry to hear that pace of play was unacceptable during your round, we understand that can be frustrating when you're trying to enjoy a smooth round of golf. We do hope you return as we will be addressing these concerns at the course and hoping you will see our improvements next time around. Your feedback is very important to us.

Commented on 03/24/2017

Update on feedback, Thom the Regional General Manager reached out to me, had an excellent conversation. He was very gracious and apologized for our experience. I appreciated the fact that he took the time to track me down when most people would have just let it be. He has restored my faith in great customer service at his facility and based on my conversation I will give Sienna a second chance.

"Fails to honor tee tines"

Gordonaubuchon's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/11/2017

Siena overbooks their course. We arrived 45 minutes in advance of our 1:15 PM Tee Time and we're allowed to start at 2:15 PM, 1 hour late. This, plus pace of play resulted in us having to skip 3 holes on the back nine.

Gordon

Response from Siena on 03/13/2017:

We understand pace of play was an issue during your round and we apologize your round was cut short due to this. We hope you come back soon we are working on pace of play issues daily to ensure tee times are adhered to. We thank you for leaving your feedback.

"Early season?"

deanchar's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/06/2017

As I am not a local I believe that it is early season in Vegas and the course is being shaped into form. It is still in fair shape and very playable.

Response from Siena on 03/13/2017:

Thanks for playing at Siena! We are in the midst of in-season now, we hope you're loving the course and we thank you for visiting!

"Good Course bad conditions"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/06/2017
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

The is a good course with really tough greens. The extreme winds the past 2 days dried them out and nothing would stick. Also, the pin placements were always on angles so if you missed your putt you ended up with a 5-8 ft. putt. I'd like to play this course again in better conditions.

Response from Siena on 03/08/2017:

We hope to see you again later this season. Glad to hear you found the greens to be an exciting challenge!

"Who is loverloking the quality of the course?"

Milemarker18's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2017

Las Vegas local. Been golfing Siena for 8 years and never seen it in worse shape. The tee boxes seem that they haven't been groomed in over a month. Broken tees and divot chunks all over. Dead fairway edges, and the A typical Siena sand traps will ruin your clubs. Love the soccer golf holes at the end of the fairways. Really? The pin flag poles have broken advertisement sleeves on them, however the greens were probably the best kept parts of the course. The whole course seemed dirty and unkept. Not a typical day in years past golfing Siena. Very disappointed.

Response from Siena on 03/06/2017:

We appreciate your feedback and sorry to hear that the conditions may not have been up to par. We have informed our staff and crews on the matter and are working hard to rectify the situation and make this the best Las Siena Golf Club possible for your next round. We are working to bring all conditions including bunkers and tee boxes and more, back up to tip top shape. Come back and see us again we look forward to your visit!

"Overpriced"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

We were really looking forward to golfing at this course but soon discovered that this was a very poorly maintained course. The tee boxes were awful, it seemed liked they had not been cut in well over a week with the womens tee boxes particularly bad. Lots of bunkers on this course which is fine but there wasn't much sand in the bunkers. They were hard as concrete with about 1/2" of sand on top which was filled with rocks.

Overall, very overpriced for what you got, they did advertise $20 rounds for locals which was about what the course was worth but not $120 US which is what we got charged

Response from Siena on 03/06/2017:

We thank you for playing at Seina Golf Club and taking the time to review our course and the facility. We hope to see you again and we're working towards patching up anything we may have missed. That includes the sand bunkers and the tee boxes, we hope to see you again and you notice all the improvements we have or will make to the course. Thank you for letting us know!

Inspect9's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2017

Response from Siena on 03/06/2017:

We thank you for rating our course, let us know when you're back here how we can make your experience more than exceptional. See you again soon!

"EXCELLENT FOR INTERMEDIATE GOLFERS"

Plays:  Once a year

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

NICE, EASY COURSE. NICE CART GIRLS. GOOD GREENS & GRASS.

Response from Siena on 03/06/2017:

So glad you loved the course and it presented enough of a challenge for your enjoyment!

"Decent course, but overbooked"

blome's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/02/2017

I have played here many times, but this most recent booking it was so overcrowded that I was forced to play with strangers and couldn't start until 35 minutes late. I was only able to get in 14 holes before dark. As we waited to tee off we noticed Siena was still booking tee times online. At some point, a course should stop booking, and take care of their backed-up reservations.

Response from Siena on 03/06/2017:

We appreciate the feedback here and are working towards making pace of play ideal for your next round. We will voice your feedback here to our starters and staff. See you again soon!

"Great views and fun course to play"

dcrossinmg's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Enjoyed playing the course. The number of sand traps makes it very difficult, and unfortunately they were not in good condition. New , soft sand is needed! Pace was very slow, mostly due to the time searching for balls in the desert.

Response from Siena on 03/06/2017:

We are working towards making the sand traps in the best conditions possible, we thank you for your honest feedback and glad you had a wonderful time at our course!

"Excellent time!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/09/2017

Course was beautiful - Staff were all very accommodating and pleasant!

Pace was a little slow but that was great for me since I am a newbie and didn't have to feel rushed since we were waiting on next shot anyway....

fantastic day on the course and was paired with a single who was a great player and a great guy as well! Couldn't have asked for a better day!

Response from Siena on 03/06/2017:

We're so glad your experience with us was stellar! We'll pass your compliments on to our staff as well. See you soon!