The Legacy Golf Club

• 6808 South 32nd Street , Phoenix, AZ, 85042
  • www.golflegacyresort.com

Year built: 1999
Architect(s): Gary Panks (1999)
Type: Public/Resort

Pull-carts: No
Caddies: No
GPS: No

Dress code: Collared Shirt required

Location is convenient to the city near the airport at a resort   Great for advanced golfers locals entertaining clients   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens elevation changes   Great for drinks patio dining brunch

fgagne001's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/20/2017

"Fresh grass"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2017

We got on the course for the first day no longer restricted to cart path. Grass was in great shape. Course can be challenging but rewarding. I keep coming back to this course because the course itself is awesome but also because of the staff. Location is great for me as I live in Phoenix and don't have to drive very far.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 11/22/2017:

Wonderful! We're glad that you enjoyed our course conditions and the challenge that our layout presented. We're also pleased that our staff left a great impression on you. We look forward to continuing having you back at The Legacy!

"Legacy Lives Up to the Hype!"

enchilara's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/16/2017

I've live here for almost 4 yrs & yesterday was the first time playing Legacy. Don't ask me why! This course is definitely in my Top 10 public course/resort list! The wife is gonna love spending a weekend here too!

The greens are still on the slowish side but they'll be 9-11 come the weekend! Lot's of subtle breaks in the greens; the whole course is just an emerald! DEEP bunkers! Beware!

Only drawback was cart path only and the way I played, I got A LOT of exercise! Cold brew in the very nice clubhouse bar took some of the pain out!

Definitely will be back!

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 11/20/2017:

Wonderful! We're thrilled that you finally played our course and that you have a great time. We're also pleased that you enjoyed the challenge that our course presented. We're honored that you consider us one of the top 10 public courses you have played. We can't wait to have you and the wife back more in the future!

"Very Good Resort Course"

gvvarg91's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/15/2017

Well maintained resort Course with good layout for all level golfers. Very friendly and accommodating staff from bag drop to Pro Shop to restaurant staff. Try the Course if visiting the area or if you live in the area. Good value for the the “Total golf experience “

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 11/20/2017:

Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout and that our staff left a great impression on you. We're pleased that you found us to be a good value and we look forward to having you back again soon!

uK1QV4352K1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2017

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 11/15/2017:

Outstanding! Come back soon!

"Great course, conditions almost there"

Jova95's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2017

Love the layout at Legacy, it's one of my favourite. Conditions aren't quite there yet however, that's to be expected with the time of year (and their reseeding schedule). Pace of play was quite bad, carts solely on the cart path doesn't help. We thought at 1:52pm a two some would have no issue finishing however, we were cut 2 holes short. Probably the first time in 5 years I didn't finish a round due to light.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 11/15/2017:

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge that our course presented, but we apologize that the pace of play was a little slow. We appreciate your review and hope to have you back again soon!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/11/2017

Almost always a five hour round and it seems like the staff doesnt care or have the availability to move the pace of play.

The problem starts at thr first hole and gets worse. When a starter has tp walk over to the driving range to get the golfers to the tee is just a time delay.very poorly designed and since the dollars keep rolling management doesn't seem to care.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 11/20/2017:

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you did not enjoy your round with us due to the pace of play. We understand how important good pace is our staff does their best to make sure that everyone is playing at a good speed. We are constantly working on improving this and we appreciate your feedback. We hope you will give us another try in the future!

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/10/2017

Another LONG AND LABOUR'S play, quit after14 holes. They just keep cramming them in and no sort of organization. Then to top it off went in to eat and the washrooms were out of soap. How cpuld the help wash their hands after they used the facilities? Left.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 11/13/2017:

Thanks for your review! We apologize that you did not enjoy your experience with us. We understand how important pace of play is and we strive to make sure everyone is able to play at a good pace. We also apologize for the lack of soap in the bathrooms. We appreciate your feedback and will make sure to address these issues. We hope you will give us another try in the future!

"Very nice course"

mkozelj's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/10/2017

Beautiful course in south end of Phoenix. Course was in excellent shape. Diffferent from a desert type course where you actually have trees along the fairways. Course was in excellent shape for beginning of November. Would definitely play again.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 11/13/2017:

Wonderful! We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you back again soon at The Legacy!

"Great Course and Love the Layout"

marbros1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/07/2017

Excellent experience. Great practice area and huge practice green. Starter was informative and a marshal was seen a couple of times but since it was cart path only it was slow.

Course is plush and the greens were ok as they were just out of over seeding. They do put true and much better than some others in the same green fee area.

It is a classic course with challenges for any handicap. Highly recommend.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 11/09/2017:

Excellent! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us. We're pleased that our staff left a great impression on you and that you enjoyed our course conditions. We look forward to having you back again soon at The Legacy!

"Great course"

mroane's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/05/2017

Great course, good layout. Course was over seeded so the fairways were slow and it was cart path only.

It will be excellent this winter.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 11/07/2017:

Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course conditions and our layout. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to having you back later this year!

"Good Value, Decent Course"

rcpunjabi's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/05/2017

This is a nice course, in good shape with wide fairways. Some challenging holes, but not that difficult overall. Great value for what you are getting.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 11/07/2017:

Great! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course conditions and the challenge that our layout presented. We're also glad that you found us to be a good value. We can't wait to have you back again soon!

"Great AZ Golf Exoerience"

Fiddler55's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/04/2017

I like the Legacy course. As a senior, it's harder than 12 years ago, but beautiful and in great shape. Its a little long for me as I play now, but the greens are true. It is a good test for all, but you will enjoy it more of your handicap is under 20. Don't be discouraged if you have a higher handicap, because the test is fair for everyone. Enjoy the experience.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 11/06/2017:

Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed our course conditions as well as the challenge of our layout. We appreciate your review and hope to have you back again soon!

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/03/2017

The course is always in good condition. BUT they always over book and it's usually a five hour round. It's very poorly run they should take a page out of their neighbors course, The Raven, to see how to operate a golf course. Way to many outings which I understand that is where their bread and butter is, but when they don't have an outing move pace along, which I have commented to the staff inside and I might as well talk to the grass.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 11/06/2017:

Thank you for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed our course conditions but we apologize that the pace of play was slow. Our staff does their best to ensure that all of our guests are able to play at a good pace. We appreciate your feedback and would love the opportunity to further discuss your time with us. Please reach out to us at legacygolfclubaz@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

toney2017's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/27/2017

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 10/30/2017:

Excellent! We're thrilled that you had a great day with us at The Legacy and we can't wait to have you back for another great day!

"Legacy has lax security"

Legacygolfer1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/26/2017

The Legacy is a great course to play and a great place to live however, the staff over there are irresponsible at best. They have multiple companies running things, golf, time shares, events, etc. None of which claims any liability for allowing people to be walking on the course during daylight and after hours, who are not players, they may be with dogs both on and off leash or with kids but all are trespassing. The Legacy has been advised of the safety issues but continue to let this to happen daily. When a law suit finally hits them for somebody getting hit out there they might clean up their act but I highly doubt it.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 11/06/2017:

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course but we apologize that our staff did not leave a great impression on you. We do our best to make sure that our guests have a great experience with us and are following our rules. We appreciate your review and will make sure to use your feedback to help us improve. We hope to have you back again soon!

"Great course"

lewain's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/17/2017

Son has home in community so I have played course over a number of years. I have found the course to be in excellent condition every time and the fairways are especially lush.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 11/06/2017:

Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your round with us. We're pleased that our course conditions met your expectations and we hope to have you back again soon!

"Bad game, good course"

Dshabby's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Firstly, I didn't golf a very good game here but it was all swing mechanic issues I was not able to fix that day. The fairways are wide and generous so there should be no excuse not to hit the fairway even if your a little off.... I played that poorly.

The course was being prepped for overseeding so the fairways and greens were fast and a little messy. Tis the time of year so understandable.

The tee times were running a 1/2 hour behind due to a course management issue so pace of play was slower than expected.

The course layout is great, and there were water stations along the way. Nice driving range and great putting practice areas. Staff was friendly and helpful. A course I would like to have another crack at to prove to myself I can do better.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 10/19/2017:

Great! We're pleased that you enjoyed our layout and that our staff left a great impression on you. We're sorry that you didn't play your best round and that the pace of play was a little slow. We appreciate your review and we hope you will come back to take another crack at our course!

"NIce Course...Overbooked & Too Slow"

Garald2092754's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I would like to start by complimenting the staff, very friendly and seemed to care about the guest/golfer experience.

Having said that, they grossly overbooked the facility - morning tournament, afternoon tee times off both 1 & 10, closed the putting green for paying golfers for some putting event, range was crowded and short on stalls and balls, and crews were already starting to tear down the course for over-seeding including the practice areas.

I've been to this facility before, with a pleasant experience, but the lack of advance notice as to course conditions, pace of play and over-seeding schedule was just not acceptable.

Nice course, nice people, need to get a little better with your pre-tee-time communications.

Thanks.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 10/19/2017:

Thank you for your review! We're pleased that our staff left a great impression on you. We do apologize that you were not given advance notice to the course updates there were taking place. We also apologize that the pace of play was slow. We appreciate your review and will use this to help us improve moving forward. We hope you will give us another try once the course has recovered from overseeding!

"Always in great condition"

Smoman74's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/12/2017

Great layout in great condition and a good value. Unfortunately, five hour rounds are tolerated by management. Course msnagers need to improve the pace of play.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 11/07/2017:

Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed our course conditions, layout, and that you found us to be a good value. We apologize that the pace of play was slow and we appreciate your feedback. We will make sure to use your review to help us improve. Thanks again and we hope to have you back soon!