Forest Greens Golf Club

Championship 72 6839 yards 71.8 129
Middle 72 6318 yards 69.5 126
Other 72 5842 yards 67.5 117
Forward (W) 72 5007 yards 68.7 117

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive convenient to the city   Great for locals wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks

Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2017

"Saturday Golf Outing"

Overbyar's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/09/2017

Perfect except they had aerated the greens and didn't inform us. The greens rolled ok. Would have been greatly disappointed if we had paid full price. Staff was great and a pleasure. Will return because the course is great to play.

"Beautiful and tough"

Eduardo5145355's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2017

Course is great but could use a face lift. It's a beautiful course with great layout and lots of elevation changes and dog legs but the greens are hard to read and the sand bunkers are rocky. Other than that, the course is fun and provides plenty of challenges.

swjwoh's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/02/2017
Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Commented on 08/30/2017

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is always encouraging to see our guests are happy with the experience here at Forest Greens.

"Always in the rotation"

abbaker's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2017

I've played Forest Greens pretty often over the years. At this time of year, the fairways play firm and fast and you normally get a very good lie in the fairway. The greens were ok but a little bumpy. That's probably more due to people not fixing ball marks rather than the course itself. I wish there were sand buckets at the tees to encourage people to fill their divots. Biggest issue I had was many of the bunkers basically had dirt and rocks in them...no sand. Perhaps they are being worked on. I know you aren't supposed to hit in there but if you do, you may want to institute your own rule and make sure you won't be hitting rocks. Staff was very friendly all around. I'll book here again without hesitation.

Commented on 08/30/2017

Thank you for the feedback on your recent visit with us. We certainly want to provide the best conditions we can. The ball marks and divots are an ongoing battle we will undertake weekly. The bunkers are being looked at for reconstruction in the future, you can note bunkers on #8 have been rebuilt to specs we hope to have in the future.

Commented on 06/20/2017

We appreciate your candor and feedback on the visit with us recently. The bunkers are a work in progress, and we have recently rebuilt the bunkers on Hole #8 with the Better Billy Bunker. We would love to hear what you think about them.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2017

Commented on 06/20/2017

Thank you for the recent feedback on your visit with us. We look forward to you next round to see what you think of our recent improvements. There are some new bunkers to try out on hole #8.

"Fun course"

Lay8139199's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2017

Bang for your bucks and pretty good condition except for the bunkers

Commented on 06/20/2017

We appreciate you taking the time to provide some feedback on your visit with us. The course is fully out of dormancy, and is in fantastic shape. The newest update for FGGC is we have new bunkers on hole #8 for you to try out. We recently installed Better Billy bunkers on that hole for future consideration for the rest of the course.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2017

Commented on 06/20/2017

Sounds like you enjoyed your visit to the course. I think you would be more impressed now that the Bermuda is growing hard in the fairways. We also have some new bunkers on our #8 par five hole to test out. Thank you for the comments.

ugur5949162's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2017

Course is in a terrible condition, hardly any grass on the fairways, weed everywhere including greens, rough is taken over by clover. They did not even bother to blow greens which is covered by tree drops, impossible to putt without brushing off your putting line. Cart paths are mostly destroyed, be careful driving on them especially if you have bladder problem :) So disappointed.

Commented on 06/20/2017

Thank you for the comments on your visit. With the mild winter we have seen some heavy rains, as opposed to snow. These rains have taken much of the thatch cushion from our dormant Bermuda fairways. These will always come back when temps stay above the 60 degree mark. I am sure you would see different conditions if you were to come for a visit now. We hope we can host you again for another round.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2017

Commented on 06/20/2017

Thank you for the feedback regarding the course and staff on your visit to the course. We always appreciate comments on what we do well, and what we can improve upon. We look forward to seeing you soon for another round at Forest Greens.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/06/2017

Course in pretty good shape for early March. Minimum stAffing on course. No drinking water on the course and the snack bar closed! No good support for the golfers.

Commented on 03/23/2017

Thank you for you input regarding you last visit to the course. The course has had a lot of play with a mild winter, and with the turf being dormant it is impossible for it to fully recover until spring temps come. I am sure if you come back for your next round this spring when the bermuda comes out of its winter nap you will not be disappointed. Thank you

"Par for the course"

William8498558's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2017

It was the middle of winter basically so I would not expect the course to be in fantastic shape. With that in mind, the fairways were decent but the greens were a little rough and very fast.

This course is a reasonable challenge and fun. One of my local favorites.

Commented on 03/23/2017

William, thank you for the feedback. Our Super and his team work very hard to provide excellent playing conditions. With warmer weather coming you will see the winter wear and tear recover to the level you are accustomed to at Forest Greens. We look forward to your next visit.

"Forest Greens Round of Golf"

golferdean's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/23/2017

I found my round of golf at Forest Greens to be very enjoyable and a good bargain for the money. They course was challenging, but fair and in pretty decent shape for being the middle of February. The fairways were brown, but what do you expect for this time of year. I will play this course again in the future and recommend it for golfers of all skill levels.

Commented on 03/23/2017

We are happy to hear your experience was a good one. You are correct that the dormant bermuda fairways are brown during the winter. When warmer temps come they will come out of the winter sleep to an emerald green. Please come back this spring when the entire course is in full bloom.

"Struggle to finish 18 with 1:36 tee time"

Joshua2260116's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/20/2017

Overall good round and great value. Cart BARELY made it through 18 though. Greens were VERY hard to read.

Commented on 03/23/2017

Johsua, thank you for your feedback on your recent visit. We apologize for the sluggish cart, they are getting close to the point where we will have a new fleet. The present fleet has gone around a few times. We hope to see you again soon at the course.

"Awesome course!"

sixona26's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/11/2016

I'm mid handicap golf player & I love coming to this course. The course conditions overall is great & well-maintained. It's also challenging but also fun playing it. I highly recommend this course.

Commented on 03/23/2017

Thank you for your comments on our course. We look forward to hosting you again int eh spring.

"Great Mountain Course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/19/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

A must-play mountain course in DC area. It is nicely designed and well maintained. Not very long but pretty challenging. Wish there was a marshal to speed up the pace.

Commented on 03/23/2017

On behalf of our staff we would like to thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon at Forest Greens.

"Great value"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2016

This is a challenging course at a great value. I don't know the slope rating but I rarely had a flat shot.

For $53 on a Saturday morning I will definitely play here again.

Only comment is the greed could have been in slightly better shape, but it's getting to the end of the season.

Commented on 10/18/2016

Thank you for your review, we look forward to your next visit to Forest Greens.

"Have to play again when it has been dry and the greens heal."

clmaudsley1492's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/12/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Most of the course is in good, just a few bunkers and the greens need help. The greens have been punched recently, are very bumpy and need time to heal. A few traps were full of water and unplayable. These are the two main reasons I wouldn't recommend it to a friend. In time both should improve considerably.

Commented on 10/18/2016

Thank you for the review. The course is in wonderful shape with greens fully recovered, and all bunkers manicured since last round of thunderstorms. We look forward to seeing you soon.

"Play it"

golfvakidd's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/12/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Although I donated some balls here, I feel it was a fair test of golf skills. Majority of the course is in good shape and considering the time of year is still this good says something about management.

Commented on 10/18/2016

Thank you for the positive feedback. The fall has provided ideal temps for full recovery from our hot/humid summer. If you liked it last time, I am sure you would love it now. We look forward to seeing you again at Forest Greens.

"Great Course!"

jkenneally1390's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather

First time playing Forest Greens but it certainly won't be the last. The staff was very friendly and helpful with the range balls and when I was getting food at the turn. Lots of places I've been to don't show the same kind of friendliness which was a nice experience. The grass range was a good addition but just like the tee boxes throughout the course, it needed some repairs. The course was in great shape overall. The greens were nice and the fairways were even better. Riding through the course was great with all of the creatively designed holes and gorgeous views. Even though the temp was over 100 when I played here, I'd gladly go back and most likely will. Definitely recommend this course!

Commented on 10/18/2016

Thank you for the feedback in your review. The fall has been a time of recovery form a very challenging summer for turf. Although we held up well as you note, we have also recovered this fall. I think you would really enjoy it if you can get back out for another round before winter hits.