Arroyo at Red Rock Country Club

GPS: Yes

Dress code: No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

"Call before you go!"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/16/2017

My wife and I were in Vegas for the week. She played 3 courses with me and I played 2 more on my own. 2 average courses and 3 upscale. We belong to a club at home that is a TPC course. Upscale courses played were Arroyo, TPC Summerlin and Bears Best. The 2 average courses were Primm Valley and Mountain Falls. Rates on the green fees are $45-$70. TPC Summerlin is private, Bears best is $130 rack and Arroyo is $150 rack, which is why I called those 3 upscale. Summerlin and Bears Best were in excellent to pristine condition as expected. Mountain Falls was in excellent condition and Primm Valley was in good condition (new company took over, half the course has been redone and they are still working on the other half, very satisfied with experience).

Arroyo at Red Rock was a HUGE disappointment.

#1. They are in the middle of reseeding with a cross cut method instead of the usual hole aeration. I would never take a star off for this since every course must do this at least once if not twice a year. BUT, I am tired of courses not notifying golfnow of aeration. There is NO EXCUSE for this, PERIOD! If I am booking a tee time, I should not have to call the course and double check the conditions, you should notify golfnow so we are aware.

#2. The rest of the course was average at best. Range was horrible…weeds growing in the sandtraps…bare spots on the greens. This is not the condition of a $150 golf course. I booked a hot deal for $88 each, quit after 9 and called golfnow asking for a credit, they could not be more helpful.

The staff could not be any nicer…the head pro was very polite, but told me that he did not think the course was in that bad a shape...I respectfully disagreed. Golfnow called the head pro and he said that nobody else complained…well, that is outright lie, I am sorry. I specifically heard 3 groups on the range saying this was the worst condition they have ever seen a range in. On our way out, there was another group coming off that was complaining to the cart guys that this course needs help badly, and the cart guys agreed…I am not exaggerating…I am not one of those people that complains about 3 blades of grass out of place.

If your in the middle of maintenance, I completely understand…but ADMIT IT! If I would have paid $150 to play there last week, I would have demanded a refund. Very disappointing course on my vacation.

2 stars for the layout and views.

Response from Arroyo at Red Rock Country on 11/10/2017:

Thank you so much for your review and feedback on our golf course. We apologize for the conditions of the course as our staff is working hard to get everything back up to par. Please come back and see us again once all the new changes settle in a bit.

"Great Views!"

mriemer01's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2017

Course winds through the hills & gullies of the western LV suburbs with Red Rocks as a backdrop. It was very challenging with many elevation changes. Very pretty course! Course had been over-seeded, but kind of spotty so you had to move your ball to hit off new grass. The bunkers were very difficult. They were like soft concrete with a little sand sprinkled on top (seems weird not to have sand in the desert). Other than that it was a very enjoyable round. (We finished at rush hour & were staying in Lake Las Vegas so traffic across the city was bad)

Response from Arroyo at Red Rock Country Club on 11/10/2017:

Thank you mriemer01 so much for your 4-star review and feedback on our golf course. Please come back and see us again soon!

"One Word to describe "Unbelievable""

mshafi's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/19/2017

This course is truly "Unbelievable". Course was in such immaculate shape. Greens rolled true. Fairways were lush green. The first few holes were very challenging. You have to hit the ball long and in play. Bunkers are strategically placed so tee shots have to be accurate. Every hole seemed cut out of a magazine. The rough was so evenly cut, that you had decent still a decent shot onto the green. Every hole I played, I was simply amazed on how beautiful it was. The most memorable hole was a 190 yard par 3 with a 30 foot drop in elevation (all carry). And in the background was the Strip. I would surely revisit this course on my next trip back to Vegas.

"A great day!"

mstankey's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/17/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Great layout which can be considerably more challenging based on tees selected. Beautiful shape...accommodating staff getting our twosome out in front of a large (slow) group. Perfect weather....great day! I'll be back if I can get good prices through Golf Now.

"Disappointing"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

I figured for $100 the course would be a gen compared to the last two courses we played. Both of the others were great by the way. My two biggest shocks were the condition of the course and the lack of service. The tee boxes did look like they had been mowed in days. I mean long scraggley grass! The fairways were pretty beat as well. greens were OK. We say the cart girl on like the first hole and then on the 15th! since there is no return to clubhouse at the turn that was a long time. And it was a Saturday! Then she no food on the cart. None. I hate to dis a place but this was my least favorite course in the area.

"Great Golf Experience"

KEWileySr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2016

I was surprised to learn this is an Arnold Palmer Design. I really enjoyed playing this course. Course conditions and pace of play were both excellent. For the Golfnow rate, you can't beat it. The layout is a little confusing as there is alooking a private course as well. Paired with 3 great gentleman and we were able to keep pace with the twosome out in front of us.

"Great improvements in the course"

LVRob129's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/07/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

The previous time I played here was about 5 years ago and the course had some issues with conditioning, and heavy play. Fast forward to this year. Played with a group of 8 friends for a birthday celebration. The golf course was in great shape. Greens had some issues with golfers not fixing ballmarks, and some spike marks, but other than that they rolled very good. They had just overseeded and the roughs were a good 3" deep so that made missing the fairway *which I did often) a real challenge. Overall this place has improved a lot since the new golf course management team has come on board.

"Decent course for the money"

Smaxson5's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2015

I have played many courses in Vegas. The greens are quick 11 on stump. Rough is thick. Only downside is if you play later there are a lot of slower golfers that haven't heard of pace of play

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"NEVER AGAIN...AWFUL EXPERIENCE"

ChugMulligan's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/18/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

One of the most unpleasant golf experiences I've ever had. There is no excuse for a 5+ hour round on a Weds afternoon with a 12:30pm tee time with carts on a resort course. Tee times were stacked too close together, starter could have cared less, and while there seemed to be plenty of marshals hanging out chit chatting at the clubhouse, none were to be found on the course, even after we called the pro shop when there were 4 groups backed up on the SECOND hole. I will never play this course again.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair