The Creeks at Ivy Acres

4.1212000000 4.1 stars from 5 (33)

• N3594 Market Road, Hortonville, WI 54944, Outagamie County
  • www.golfthecreeks.com

Year built: 2001
Architect(s): Bob Lohmann (2001)
Type: Public
Style: Links
Greens: Bent Grass
Fairways: Bent Grass

Practice bunker: Yes
Practice hole: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire is required.

Average Rating 4.1 stars from 5
Course Layout: No ratings so far

Location is worth the drive   Great for wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include undulating greens bunkers forced carries

"Amazing Course"

u671251971's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2015

One of my favorite courses. I golfed a lot of different courses in WI and this course is one of the top courses. Course conditions are excellent and the course is challenging.

"Great time Eagle Creek"

wayne5833482's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/31/2015
Previously played Played with a group Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Enjoyed my round greens were in excellent shape and fairways were great. Playing from the correct tees makes all the difference. Will definitely play next time in area

"What a shame"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2015

This used to be one of the nicest public courses in the area. I wish I could say that now. I'm not sure where to start. It took me two attempts to find a golf cart that would make it to my car to pickup my clubs. The first one wouldn't stop idling unless you took turned it off with a key. We got to the first tee box early and promptly waited 15 minutes past our tee time to tee off. They moved the white tees up last year for some reason so now the first plays as an iron layup before going over the creek. This backs everyone up. Also although the scorecard shows black, blue, green, white, gold and red tees someone must've stolen the black and red tee markets on every hole. After taking 45 minutes to go 3 holes we figured it was time to see a beverage cart and get a refreshment. That never came because there wasn't one. But that didn't become knowledge to us until we finished the first 9 and I went inside the "clubhouse" and waited several minutes for the one employee working to come back inside. I saved the you know it would be helpful to say: "there's no bev cart on the course, would you like to purchase anything here" line as it probably would've fallen on deaf ears. I was told by a guy sitting at the bar they weren't going to have extra employees if there weren't any golfers. The parking lot seemed to be pretty full when I showed up. I can imagine all the lost beverage revenue this place is losing must add to its woes. So I asked if I could get two waters and was told to buy them outside in the vending machine. Back to the course; while the fairways were in good condition the greens were rough. It looks like the course doesn't fix the ball marks the people who golf here fail to. There was also damage in several greens and fairways which looked like it was from equipment. This is a shame. I've played this course since it opened as the creeks at Ellington. While far from perfect the people seemed to care at that point. I'm not sure if I can say the same now. I probably won't be back for a long time.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"Great Course"

brettbubolz's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/17/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

Love the course but was told there was a bev cart on the course so decided to wait to get a drink on the course. We did not see the bev-cart for our entire 18 holes. I would suggest more attention to detail in this area.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"Great Course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2015

A lot of neat holes. Great condition. Greens are very nice.

"Eagle Creek"

Andy1962558's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/23/2015

Love this course very challenging. Plays very long, has nice big challenging greens. Very well kept. My only complaint would be that for the most part all of the sand traps need to be worked up. They were all very hard packed.

"Beautiful Course"

gmjaguar's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Fairways and greens were in excellent condition. Lots of carries over hazards on some of the holes. Some holes #4, 7, 17 had bunkers in middle of fairways, which made you think where to hit your drive. I Loved that.<br/> Links style, very well designed course. Hole #2 & 11sharp dogleg left. Big hitter beware.<br/> Highly recommended. Plan on returning soon. The man in pro shop was very nice. Did not have chance to try food.

"Links Golf, nice change"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2015

I don't often golf links courses so this was a nice change. Overall the course is enjoyable and I would recommend it. High handicappers such as myself are challenged by some of the carries that are required but it is an enjoyable course.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Great Shape for October!"

GaryKilgas's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/12/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

We played late in the day on Sunday and were able to get in 15 holes in 2.5 hrs. The course is still in fabulous shape given mid-October. Fairways were well cut and two levels of rough as well. Greens had not been aerated yet. Minimal leaves from trees even where greens were tight to wooded areas.

Eagle Creek is our favorite local course to play with challenging fairways, plenty of sand and water and a good layout.. They take pride in having a well groomed course throughout the year and that is a plus.

"great"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/26/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Great course would love to play again. Great staff also great challenge especially the greens.

"Nice afternoon at the links"

u011319584's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/08/2014

Played 18 with my son on a beautiful day. He lost four balls on the front, but improved on the back. Course in good shape - lots of mosquitoes after the weekend rain. Greens were tough as usual - maybe a little slow compared to other courses.

"Many challenging holes. Makes you use all of your clubs."

Kpin's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Very nice track. The course was in wonderful condition even after heavy rains for several days. I would encourage the club to put some empasis on dressing things up some. This course is a gem and some window dressing would make it even better.

"This course will challenge you"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

This course is awesome! Worth the time. This course has a "Happy hour" both at the club house and on the course!

"Good course"

Age:  Under 25

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2014

The only reason I didn't rate the course higher is because of the amount of winter kill on the greens. Other than that - and the foursome in front of us who wouldn't let our twosome play through, this course is fantastic!! VERY challenging greens and pin placement, beautiful surroundings, and friendly staff make this course worth the drive from Green Bay

"Links style"

williambyrd49's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Second time playing here. Links style, lots of blind shots, and forced carrys. Front nine plays the harder of the two nine hole. First hole is tough if you don't get a layout book. Course wonders all over. Cart paths need gravel or mulch. All recessed and mud covered. Greens are very undulating Take you bug spray, lots of low swamp areas. Could be a very good course.

"Not Again"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

We (2-total played) arrived about 45-minutes before our scheduled t-time and the counter person did not smile, look us in the eye, etc. and said "you got your schedule on line and that is when you play". NO one was on #1 and saw no one down the fairway. O.K. we waited than played. We finished 9 and there were several groups of league players on 10 waiting to begin. Poor course management. We quit. Oh, the sand traps were hard as rocks and not maintained.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

Commented on 07/15/2014

unfortunately I have to agree. I played the course 5 times but they act like it's the best course in the world, there are plenty of other nice courses to play in the area. Poorly managed workers need to be nicer!

"Good challenging course"

pinoygolfs's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2014

Links style course. Good challenging course with great views. Peace of okay was good.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Golf course with a great layout."

mikestuder's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

This is a top notch golf course. With lousy weather course is not in mid-season form. Alot of the greens were not pretty, although putts rolled fairly true. Green speed was down somewhat I would think. I would absolutely recommend the course and would love to play it again in mid-July or August.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Mow the greens please"

wandergolf's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2013

This is great course overall and I golf her 2-3 times per year. The biggest complaint was with a tee time after 8:30 there was not one green cut today. The dew was thick until 11:30. So if you like your ball hydroplaning on the green it is a great course. Not sure where the grounds crew was, but it was not a good situation today.

"Great design"

Matt2642886's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/8/2013

Enjoyed playing this course again. Built on relatively flat land, this is one of the best designed courses around the area. Very challenging course even for low handicaps. The course was well conditioned which added to our enjoyment.