The Classic Club

Type: Public
Greens: Bermuda grass

Caddies: Yes
GPS: Yes

Dress code: Collared shirts are required. Shorts must be 'bermuda'-length. Inappropriate Attire: Tank tops, T-shirts, Denim Jeans, Cargo shorts and Cut-offs.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, Master Card, American Express

Tees

Purple (W) 72 5300 yards 73.2 132

Average Rating 4.4 stars from 5
Overall Condition: 4.7 stars from 5
Food & Beverage: 4.5 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers a bucket list/top 100 pick wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"NO RESPECT"

nwebb's avatar
Age: 35-44

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2014
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Very disappointing because of 1 person, the Superintendent. He was jumping in front of me and turning the water on before, or even while, I played the hole. It was the afternoon and I only saw one other golfer on the course. He was 2 or 3 holes ahead of me and no one was behind me. But the Superintendent would get between me and the other golfer and water! WHY NOT WAIT UNTIL I PLAYED THE HOLE AND THEN TURN THE WATER ON? NO ONE WAS BEHIND ME! Water(ing) was an issue on at least 4 holes on front.

As I headed to #10 the Superintendent drove in front of me and began soaking the 11th tee boxes. I couldn't even pull up to the 10th green because of the water. I went back to him and asked him "why don't you wait until I play the holes and then turn the water on?" Superintendent says, "Oh, ok. It won't be on anymore." The water was on on the next Tee Box!

I'm not sure what the % is but most golfers repair their ball marks, fill their divots, rake out the bunkers, don't drive past the No Carts signs, etc. Why then shouldn't we be treated with the same respect? When I started to think about this I packed up and left.

The layout of the course is awesome and the course was in fair condition. The rest of the staff were very great, helpful, and apologetic. They offered to refund my green fee.

Course Difficulty: Moderate

"Excellent"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2014

From A to Z is awesome love this place it's amazing to deal with multiple employes and all you get is great service great food great course conditions and excellent prices

"Beautiful course"

eyedocca's avatar
Plays: Once a week

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2014
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

Better be on your game...plenty of bunkers & water but a beautifully groomed course. Greens are fair & true to putt on.

Overall Condition: Excellent

"Get the course and food Seperate!"

jkleinow's avatar
Plays: Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2014
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Excellent course, I really love the classic club. Was behind a two some and infront of a single. I really took my time on every shot and on the green. Played the course in 2hrs40min.

I payed $79 thru the golf now deal and it gave m ea $15 food and beverage voucher.

I could have got the $59 tee time and used $20 towards food and beverage so that was a little upsetting.

I did get another Classic Club Micro Fiber towel which is great to bring to the green to clean your ball.

Course Difficulty: Somewhat Challenging

"I Was Disappointed - Again..."

Age: 45-54

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2014
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

The last time I played and reviewed this course, I gave it 4-stars. My main issue with the course at that time were the rock-hard sand traps and "iffy" fairways. Well, the fairways were a bit better, but the sand traps are still rock-hard, and now the greens are rock-hard too! Only 9-irons and wedges held the greens at all. All lower lofted shots landing on the greens first took a 15-20 foot BOUNCE, and then ran off the back of the green (with draw or fade). O.K., time to play a little links-style golf - right? Not possible! The green complexes had hundreds of pounds of sand on the green aprons! So, shots landing on the greens would not hold, and shots landing short would not release! My first round at the CC the greens were absolutely horrible. My second round the greens were better, but I experienced the rock-hard sand traps, and the fairways were average at best (areas under repair - and very hard and dry). This time the green complexes were almost unplayable. The only comment from the staff on my issue with the greens was, "you should play this course during the season". So, the only time the conditions of this course are nice is when you have to pay $125+ to play it??? This should be a 5-star course. But, I have not seen course conditions even close to 5-stars.

"Pristine"

carlstrand81's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2014

The classic club is a very fun test of your course management skills and, should you choose, will also require you to bring the heat on the majority of its holes.

The grass is so lush that you'll wonder whether you'd rather want to hit off of it or kick off your shoes and just stroll through it. The Palm Springs/Coachella area in general seems to have great courses with very pristine greens and fairways but the Classic Club is amongst the top tier caliber of golf courses. Very well done and thank you very much for the great golf and extremely accommodating and friendly service.

"Classic for sure..."

sandgallan's avatar
Plays: Once a month
Handicap: 10-14

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2014
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

the course was in very good shape and is always a pleasure to play. multiple tee boxes ensure the right fit for your handicap, it challenges you but does not beat you up too badly.
great practice area and very friendly staff.
clubhouse is huge and the food very good.
a must play in the Coachella Valley!

Course Difficulty: Somewhat Challenging

"Gorgeous Course, Great Service"

marcusjbarry's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

I'd been holding off on playing the Classic Club because of the cost (especially with all of the huge discounts available at other courses for those willing to brave the mid-day desert sun in late June) but I'm so glad I played it.

I played with my son, and the course conditions and service were fabulous. The overall experience, from check-in, to the young woman on the cart, was amazing!

This is a really beautiful and superbly-run facility.

"Excellent Course..Wonderful Staff"

Handicap: 10-14

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

On a golf vacation, we've played a number of courses in the Coachella Valley and this is the finest facility so far. With the exception of one fairway that was being aerated, the course was in great shape and the greens were true and smooth, although not too fast. We played on a Tuesday morning and seemed to have the course to ourselves. The staff was friendly and very helpful. An excellent value and a thoroughly enjoyable round. We will definitely be playing Classic Course again.

Course Difficulty: Moderate

"Great Course!"

thomascarstens's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2014
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

This was my first time playing the Classic, it's great course and very challenging. I played in the off/hot season so things were a little dry, but the course stil looked nice. The safe was friendly. I'll definitely play again if I can get a good rate.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

Course Difficulty: Extremely Challenging

"This is a great course"

rickberg99's avatar
Age: 65+

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

The pace of play was slow, especially in the 108 degree heat. The golf course staff were outstanding in all phases of our visit. The course is an world class design and thoroughly enjoyable to play. It's one of our favirites in the Coachella valley.

18 Hole Pace of Play: 4 3/4 hrs

Course Difficulty: Somewhat Challenging

"Classic Club....Classic great course"

ninik's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2014
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

This course offers a great challenge to any golfer. There are multiple sets of tees so you can play at an appropriate yardage and difficulty for your handicap.
Nice variety of hole layouts and challenges on the approach shots. I would put this course on your must play list if you are in the Palm Springs area. It is truly " worth the price of admission". I would definitely play it again.

Player Tip: Due to the extreme heat, the greens were very firm and did not hold. So, hit less club and let it run to the hole.

"Great deal!"

Handicap: 0-4

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2014

Great time and value. Staff worked us out in front of a shotgun tourny. Excellent practice facilities.

"sandbunkers sucked"

lilwavedave's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

course was nice price was good. the staff was friendly and nice.but the sand bunkers were hard terrible sand like rocks. course was good for all types of golfers having five sets of tee boxes. fairways were wide open with not of trouble . green were very nice and rolled awesome.

"OUTSTANDING COURSE"

hitomichan's avatar
Age: 55-64
Gender: Female
Plays: Once a week
Handicap: 20-24

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

The name "Classic Club" indicates the course's quality and design which make this course different from the other good courses. I strongly recommend this course for the golfer who seeks outstanding quality of fun and new experience in the desert. You will not see any condos or houses along the fairways and greens. The natural beauty was fully enhanced throughout the course and I really wished to have a picture taken on several holes. The greens were very true and the fairways were just gorgeously maintained. As long as you keep your ball on the fairway, you'll have a good score, but many bunkers and water keep your focus away from your game. All of us enjoyed a 3-putts of challenging game in a nice breezy desert day!

"great course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2014
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Verified Purchaser

but wind comes into play! Second time playing and was warned about the wind. if there is even a slight wind on the "other side" of 10; then it's howelling on the other side!
Course was one of the best I played

Course Difficulty: Extremely Challenging

"Great track in so so condition with cold reception in the pro shop."

LCoburn's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2014

Enjoyable, scenic, challenging course but the greens were slow and the bunkers crusted with very little sand. The reception at the pro shop when checking in was less than cordial when I let them know I booked through Golf Now. Not a great experience for a course with such a good reputation.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

Overall Condition: Average

"Beautiful Course"

jcheid's avatar
Plays: Once a month

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Beautiful course and facilities! Visually stunning with very natural water features. Challenging, especially with the wind. Green have subtle undulations and are tough. Really enjoyed the day.

Course Difficulty: Extremely Challenging

"Excellent Course & Customer Service!"

jhbiddle's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2014

My wife and I have played golf from Hilton Head to Hawaii and Canada to Costa Rica. As well as many courses in the Coachella Valley. Having driven by Classic Club for years, this was our first round there. Why did we wait!?!
No slight to any of those other courses but The Classic Club has the finest Customer Service we have ever experienced, anywhere.
From Bag Drop, to Pro Shop, to Cart Staging to Starter to Waitress - Kudos to you all!

The course is beautiful & challenging.
You play in 4 hours or less.
You have to finish before 4:00 and have the blackened mahi-mahi sandwich.

I will not continue my positive rave, but in the case of Classic Club, just do as Old Tom Morris on the commercial says "Go Play"!
It will be a most excellent adventure.

(All this is said even in light of playing like a hack and shooting 10 strokes over my handicap!!!)

"Windy and expensive"

bobhealy's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

They charge a lot of money to nonresidents and a lot of blind shots. Does not compare well with Indian Wells course. Glad I played it once and in the morning before the wind really came up.

Player Tip: Play early in the morning.

Overall Condition: Average