The Classic Club

• 75200 Classic Club Blvd., Palm Desert, CA 92211
  • (760) 601-3601, (760) 601-3600
  • www.classicclubgolf.com

Year built: 2006
Architect(s): Arnold Palmer (2006)
Type: Public
Greens: Bermuda grass

Caddies: Yes
GPS: Yes

Dress code: Collared shirts are required. Shorts must be 'bermuda'-length. Inappropriate Attire: Tank tops, T-shirts, Denim Jeans, Cargo shorts and Cut-offs.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, Master Card, American Express

Tees | Layout

Purple 72 5279 yards 66.2 118
Purple (W) 72 5279 yards 71.9 132
Orange 72 4219 yards 60.7 105
Orange (W) 72 4219 yards 65.7 116

Average Rating 4.5 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near local attractions   Great for advanced golfers a bucket list/top 100 pick a weekend splurge   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views patio dining

"Great Course,"

rkolanko's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2016

I really enjoyed my round of golf. Visually stunning course layout. On par with Indian Wells Resort Course. Greens were a little slow, but it was week or so after overseeding. Well worth +$100.

"A must visit - best course we played all week"

andyrose007's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/17/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

We played this as the last course of 7 over the week and what finale it was! From the moment you arrive you are met with warm, friendly and appreciative service. Free ball marker, pitch repairer, golf towel and lunch voucher. Course is absolutely stunning - never taken so many pictures on a golf course. Free water bottles every 3 holes. Layout and condition were superb. Greens were a touch slow due to overseer but very true and will be up to speed in about a week. Staff and service in the clubhouse is without fault. We will play this course again if we return

"Beautiful course, good value"

mkdavies's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/06/2016

We've skipped playing this course on previous visits to the area as we were told it gets very windy here. We had a morning tee time on a windless day. This is a beautiful course. There is water on most holes so it is challenging but not too daunting for the average golfer. Even with overseeing planned in less than a week the course was in great condition. The grill and other amenities are top class. We'll definitely be back.

"WET AND LONG!!!"

TheGolfDr's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I am sorry I cannot give a higher rating, but here goes...

I gave Pace of Play 5 stars since I was pretty much alone. I detest this category and cringe at the very phrase, since it has become more important than fixing divots, raking bunkers, and especially fixing ball marks.

Course conditions were wet and not rolling at all. From the tips made it very long thus the extremely difficult, but had it been a little drier then it would be somewhat challenging.

Bunkers wet and compact with water in most.

Greens were very slow, but true. I left 3-4 putts a few inches short. Just could not hit them that hard.

Overall a good experience, but the course was TOO WET! The overall 3 stars is because it IS all about the course after all.

"Classic Club"

nickesquire's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/11/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

Played the Blues (6711/72.9/135) in less than 3H as a single using my last Troon Rewards certificate. Around 110, clear with a little breeze. Knowing the greens were poor from playing here previously, it was still an easy call to come back and use a Troon certificate because in September the "cost" is 1 Troon certificate, but that goes up to 3 Troon certificates in the October-May in prime season. Having seen the Palmer design once before was a definite plus. Several holes the trouble is either 50 yards farther or closer than it appeared to me. Much like SilverRock, Mr. Palmer did a masterful job of giving the illusion that a driving area that is normal size or even large looks extremely tight from your tee shot view. Long, challenging and demanding layout that is basically SilverRock on steroids, I see many similarities in the style of the holes. Several tees are spaced from the last green, rolling hills and the heat would make this a challenging course to walk. The Bermuda tees were very nicely maintained with only the par 3's needing divot attention. The Bermuda fairways were semi lush, firm and mowed close which produced lots of roll. Some brown areas, but good overall. The Bermuda rough was lush and nice to play from with medium to short irons. Just long enough to make longer clubs a chancy play. The sand traps were excellent. Very nicely maintained with good quality brown sand. The deep vericutt on the greens was a little better than yesterday but still really affected putting. No large mounds or tiers but there was rarely a straight putt anywhere with lots of undulations producing subtle breaks. Medium speed, firm and bumpy. The customer service was superb from everyone encountered. Complementary water and range balls on a 1st class grass practice facility. Cart gal out making numerous rounds, as was the very visible Player Assistant. Everything about this facility was great. It is not worth the $99 rack with mediocre greens, but still recommended if you can get a discount. Definitely one of the top 10 favorite layouts I have ever played where par on almost any hole is a good score for me. Great way to conclude a week in Palm Springs where I managed to get in 19 rounds of golf in 8 days, over a dozen of which were enjoyed with various different GKers.

"Incredible course"

u000005193646's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/09/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I always see the white walls of the classic club when I am visiting my parents, so I decided to play with my dad the last time I was in town and we were both very impressed. The design of this course is one of the best I have played. They incorporate water on 15 of the 18 holes so it is a challenge but the views and condition of the course makes up for it. The workers are spectacular as well. Very nice to have valet too. We have played most courses in the coachella valley and this ranks up there as my favorite. We will be back.

"Pure as always"

stevecastillo9's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2016

This course never lets down, from the layout to the staff. Greens were not completely heeled from their maintenance but definitely playable. No complaints here love this must play course in the desert.

"Great day of golf at Classic Club"

bcmcbride's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2016

Had a great day of golf at Classic Club. We played from the white tees and were sufficiently challenged. Great practice facilities and clubhouse. Definitely will return to play again on next trip.

"One of the nicest courses I have ever played."

David1353040's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/18/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

This course is one of the top 5 courses I have ever played. I played in the height of summer so it was hot, 116 or a little hotter with no wind. But the course itself was in excellent shape. The fairways were plush and the greens rolled true. The sand could have been raked but i managed to stay out of most of it. There were a couple of brown spots on a couple of the fairways but for this time of year here in the desert they were excellent. The staff were exceptional. Friendly and helpful when ever they could be. If i could rate this course higher than 5 stars i would. Definitely a course to play when you come to the desert.

Player Tip: Water comes into play on allot of the holes and the ball will tend to seek it out once it starts rolling so be warned.

"Home-Classic"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/31/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

It is Always a Joy and a Great day to have the opportunity to Play this course. personally I think this course is the jewel of the Valley. The Staff are very nice and have a great attitude and very accommodating. If the visitors don't like the Hot weather or some breezy moments or days time to time so be it! Me & my Buddy played with a couple guys from Europe and they just loved it which was great!. The Grill at ground level has the best food too!

"Staff Not in Sync"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/31/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Poor weather Verified Purchaser

Great Course. Nice layout. Very humid and sticky, but that's typical for this time of year. The bag drop was not open and the cart staff seemed a bit out of sync. Was not given clear direction as to where the practice range was. Clubs were loaded on the wrong cart. Had to ask many questions just to find my way around the place. I play frequently at Desert Willow and Indian Wells Golf resort. The Classic Club staff could take some lessons from them relative to customer service. Aside from that, the course itself, was challenging but the greens were horribly slow.

"Come ready to play"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Verified Purchaser

I haven't play this course in several years but was glad to come back again. The course is in great shape for the summertime in Palm Springs area. Be ready to hit good long shots. The course is challenging but playable with enjoyable landscaping. I look forward to playing it again.

"A top 5 course in the Valley"

joe4golf69's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/20/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Beautiful layout with a lot of bunkers and water framing holes. Great sight lines with tees for every ability. The staff is very welcoming and helpful. Practice area may be the best in the area. Food was outstanding.

"Leave this course for the pros"

pmwoodard's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

We played the course in just over four hours. There was nobody ahead of us. The course was pretty to look at but hard to play. The greens were fast and the slope changes made reaching the greens in regulation difficult so our scores were low. The bunkers were deep and the slopes seemed to feed our balls into the water or a sand trap. This was not my favorite course. The Marshall said this was a PGA level course and I say let them have it. We came back this year as this course used to be a good value but not so anymore.

"Heavy winds possible."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2016
First time playing Used cart Poor weather Verified Purchaser

This a great, tough track. If the wind is blowing, like it was for me, good luck! 4 club winds the day I played it. If you cant hit the ball 300 yards, do not play from the tips.

"This course was amazing!"

Tbradford1010's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Not only was the course itself in great shape, but the staff was so helpful and friendly. The amenities on the course were absolutely spectacular. The service could not have been better and it really felt like we were members at a very nice country club.

"Challenging Course"

Emettedwards's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2016

Course was nice and quite a challenge. Wind will require you to bring your A game. Few negatives were the grounds crew turned on the sprinklers while we were on the 18th tee box. All of us got soaked as did our carts which had our phones in them. Also when we checked in we were told we could buy cases of Pro V's for $30. When we tried to buy the Pro V's when leaving we were told you had to buy them when we checked in.

"Awesome Experience"

stevesavard's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2016

Incredible course, great layout. Previous reviews complained about pace of play. We got it done in 4 hrs. Perfect day of golf no wind and great staff

"Wish I had played better!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Great course with all needed amenities.

"A Classic"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2016

Great venue; you will use all 14 clubs ! Greens are laced with subtle breaks! Wind will give you gray hair and a real challenge!!!