SilverRock Resort - Arnold Palmer Classic

Greens: Bermuda
Golf Season: Year Round

GPS: Yes

Practice hole: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire must be worn at all times. Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times. Men's shirts must have collars and sleeves.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, MC, AMEX

Tees | Layout

Silver 72 7578 yards 76.3 139

Average Rating 4.4 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city near local attractions   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views a bucket list/top 100 pick   Challenges include bunkers water hazards forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Silver Rock"

Rags123's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/17/2017

Great golf course, great weather, great pairing - my favorite golf facility in the Palm Springs area.

Response from SilverRock Resort on 02/20/2017:

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you had a great day of golf with us at SilverRock. We're so honored that we are your favorite course in the Palm Springs area and we can't wait to have you back for your next round!

"Outstanding golf experience"

Roblove's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2017

It plays long so choose the correct tees.We played combo and it was a great day.

Beautiful scenery and the mountains are really close.

Definitely a must play golf course in this area

Response from SilverRock Resort on 02/20/2017:

Wonderful! We're glad that you had a great experience with us and that you enjoyed the challenge our course presented. We're also pleased that you enjoyed our views and scenery. We hope to see you again soon for another outstanding day of golf!

"Beautiful but at a price!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/15/2017

Beautiful golf course.

Conditions were great and everything about the course itself was fantastic.

The pace of play was ridiculously slow...there is no excuse for 5 plus hour golf rounds.

Never saw a Marshall once until the 18th green so the course doesn't care...they pack every tee time anyway so they are making their money.

Just a shame they sacrifice the enjoyment of their patrons by not enforcing a pace of play policy.

Response from SilverRock Resort on 02/17/2017:

Thanks for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed our course conditions but we apologize that the pace of play was not good. This is an issue that we are working on and we appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again in the near future!

"Must play if in La Quinta"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/14/2017

If you're playing golf on the value must play silver rock . It has spectacular views the grounds are well-maintained the greens will give you a challenge and he stop for lunch you will be pleasantly surprised

Response from SilverRock Resort on 02/16/2017:

Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us at SilverRock. We're glad that you enjoyed your meal with us as well. Thank you for considering us a "must play" and we can't wait to have you back for another great day at SilverRock!

"Very slow"

DRW1905's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/13/2017

Nice course but pace was very slow. Turned what should have been a beautiful golf day into an average game.

Response from SilverRock Resort on 02/15/2017:

Thank you for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed our course, but we apologize for the slow pace of play. We understand how a great day of golf can turn into an average game when pace is not maintained. We will make sure to work on this for the future. We hope you'll come back soon for another round!

"Pace of play was horrible"

uklorif's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/13/2017

There were either too many players or poor ranging. We had to wait on almost every shot. Not worth the money even though it's a stunning course.

Response from SilverRock Resort on 02/15/2017:

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you did not enjoy your round with us. We know how important pace of play is to the game and we strive to maintain a good speed at our course. We will make sure to work on this matter and we appreciate your feedback. We hope you'll give us another try in the future!

"Has beautiful views..."

texasmb's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/09/2017

Very challenging course, must have a well played tee ball...Really like the layout...

Response from SilverRock Resort on 02/15/2017:

Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge our course presented as well as the views that is has to offer. We hope to have you back for another round soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/04/2017

Response from SilverRock Resort on 02/07/2017:

Awesome! Glad you enjoyed your experience with us!

"Good course but bad staffs"

alliecho's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/29/2017

We were harassed by the aggressive marshall who were out of his line to interrupted the day's play unnecessarily. I never experience such an unprofessional way which ruined beautiful Sunday. He was all over the place regardless of what the player was doing. He was even driving towa Es my husband when he was hitting!! The head pro was not receptive to our complaints and was dismissive at the best. Why should you spend so much money when you have so many choices in PS?

Response from SilverRock Resort on 01/31/2017:

Thank you for the review and feedback from your round of golf on 1/29/17. We are very sorry you had a negative experience at the Rock. SilverRock is a championship style golf course that can be challenging to most golfers and we do our best to make everyone’s round of golf a great one by enforcing pace of play. Pace of play is a challenge here and in the golf industry in general; we try to push our early morning golfers so they can set the pace for the rest of the 200 plus golfers behind them. Our marshals/rangers have a difficult job but do a great job pushing play so that everyone on the course can have an enjoyable day. We hope that you will return to SilverRock in the near future.

"Nasty Marshall and manager"

markmsong's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/29/2017

Today, Sunday, we went out at 8:36 am for four of us in great mood. I played even on first nine holes. I didn't pay much attention to the Marshall when he first came up to us on sixth hole telling us to keep up. But we were on pace eventually playing 4 hours and 15 minutes for 18 holes. The same Marshall approached me and my friends three more times even when I was about to hit! Very rude and brushy guy with bad attitude. I lost my ball under his cart directly coming toward me. Got a triple, there!

When I complained to the manager, he had the same attitude like "That is his job to push you." Not even an apology.

Beautiful day and company and paid hefty money but bad service and staff ruin your day!! Not worth it!

"slow play"

ALMcInnis's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/27/2017

Never saw a course marshal. Group ahead of us played 7600 yd. tips-far too difficult for them. Marshal should have moved them forward. We were on 10th tee box after 3 hrs. This course puts too may players on the course without maintaining a reasonable pace of play. There is far better value at other courses in the Valley.

Response from SilverRock Resort on 01/31/2017:

Thank you for the review and feedback from your round of golf on 1/27/17. SilverRock is a very popular golf course and we do our best to give every golfer a great memorable experience. I’m sorry you did not see a marshal; we actually had 2 marshals working on Friday, January 27, 2017. For the day, pace of play averaged between 4 hours to 4 hours 40 minutes (slowest time). On average, we tee off groups every 8.5 to 9 minutes. Occasionally, we have slow groups but our marshals do their best to push them along. We hope that you will return to SilverRock in the near future.

"Beautiful course"

slushpump's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/25/2017

Nestled up against the mountains, gorgeous views at all times. Big horn sheep come down and occassionally graze on the course. Bring your "A" game as the course is challenging. Highly recommended for the average to low handicap players. High handicappers will struggle.

Response from SilverRock Resort on 01/30/2017:

Excellent! We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge our course presented as well as our views. We hope to have you back again soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/09/2017

Response from SilverRock Resort on 01/11/2017:

Thanks for the 4 star rating! Glad you enjoyed your time with us at SilverRock!

"Amazing...One of the best"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/07/2017

I have lived here, winters only, for 5 years. Whenever I have guests I always bring them to Silverock. It is my favorite. In fact, I logged on to make a tee time for myself and an out of town guest, and saw a few bad reviews. That's nuts. That is what prompted me to write this review. I have played this course literally dozens of times and always have a pleasurable experience. It is a fabulous course. With that said, it is probably not for the new golfer, or someone who cannot maintain pace of play. I am a serious golfer, but even a weekend hacker will love this course. But if you can't keep up, then pick up.

Response from SilverRock Resort on 02/07/2017:

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words. We're extremely pleased that you love our course as much as we do. We appreciate you taking the time to review us and we look forward to having you and your guests back for many years to come!

"Outstanding experience. Visual treat!"

Novid's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/15/2016

Many places get it mostly right, Silver Rock gets it ALL right. Bag drop circle is perfect, sign-in a breeze, the driving range and putting green were solid, a very professional and cordial way to call you to the first tee, outstanding golf course throughout, and spectacular scenery. From the young men working the bag drop/cart area, to the pro shop staff, to the golf starters.........all were exceedingly professional, and at the same time genuinely friendly. The fact that this is an Arnold Palmer course makes it even better. Keep up the good work!

Response from SilverRock Resort on 12/19/2016:

Fantastic! We're so glad that you had an awesome experience with us at SilverRock. It's nice to hear when we are doing things right, so thank you so much for your feedback. We love when our guests love our course as much as we do. Can't wait to have you back for another great day of golf soon!

"Another great day at SilverRock"

frostdelay's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/08/2016

The course condition is great even this soon after re-opening from overseeding, fairways are full and the greens are full and running true, but a bit slow but I'm sure as they mature the speed will improve. We were joined by a small group of mountains goats on a couple of holes, that was very cool, and completed the experience. A great day !!!!

Response from SilverRock Resort on 12/12/2016:

Awesome! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at SilverRock. We can't wait to have you back for another great day of golf!

"Great track"

rscarrera's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/08/2016

Have played it several times. Just remember if you play it in the afternoon the sun completely disappears behind the mountain at 3pm this time of year. Lighting become somewhat difficult also a little Chilly.

Response from SilverRock Resort on 12/12/2016:

Thanks for the review! We're glad you enjoyed your round with us at SilverRock. We hope to have you back soon!

"Hutton xmas play"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/07/2016

As soon as we got to the golf club the gentleman out front extremely efficient pleasant everything was excellent as we checked in in the clubhouse gentleman took care of everything explained a few things to us off we went the starter was excellent. All I can say there was five of us golfing it was excellent even the food was good and the drive home which was an hour and a half thank you

Response from SilverRock Resort on 12/12/2016:

Fantastic! We're so happy that you and your group had a great experience with us. We can't wait to have you back again for your next round!

"Casillas lands at Silverock"

Ed6731259's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/23/2016

I've played many course's in the Palm Springs area. This is truly a treat to be able to play here. Every place you look could be a Screensaver on someone's computer. The fairway layouts are really creative and well groomed. Early morning visits from the local Bighorn sheep and the occasional roadrunner's make the outing enjoyable.

Silverock Rock's!

Ed Casillas

Response from SilverRock Resort on 11/28/2016:

Ed,

Thank you so much for your review! We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at SilverRock. We're pleased that you not only enjoyed our beautiful views, but our course layout as well. We cannot wait to have you back for another round soon!

"Great course, slow play was an issue"

andyrose007's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/11/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

We played this course as the first of 7 on a golf vacation. Starter said it would be the best we played, it wasn't. Course was in good shape but not as good as two others we played (Classic & Westin Mission Hills). Staff were professional but very business like. We had no previous experience of Palm Springs and daylight hours. So I question why we were given 4 tee times for 16 golfers starting at 12.23? As we found out, we were never in with a chance of completing our round, especially given that the group in front of us had a walker!

Response from SilverRock Resort on 11/22/2016:

Thank you for your feedback! We're apologize for the pace of play. Good pace of play is very important to us and we will make sure to address this. We would love to hear more about your experience at our course as well as the other courses you visited. Please email us at silverrockresort@gmail.com so we can further discuss. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!