SilverRock Resort - Arnold Palmer Classic

Greens: Bermuda
Golf Season: Year Round

GPS: Yes

Practice hole: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire must be worn at all times. Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times. Men's shirts must have collars and sleeves.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, MC, AMEX

Tees | Layout

Silver 72 7578 yards 76.3 139

Average Rating 4.4 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city near local attractions   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views a bucket list/top 100 pick   Challenges include bunkers water hazards forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Casillas lands at Silverock"

Ed6731259's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/23/2016

I've played many course's in the Palm Springs area. This is truly a treat to be able to play here. Every place you look could be a Screensaver on someone's computer. The fairway layouts are really creative and well groomed. Early morning visits from the local Bighorn sheep and the occasional roadrunner's make the outing enjoyable.

Silverock Rock's!

Ed Casillas

Response from SilverRock Resort on 11/28/2016:

Ed,

Thank you so much for your review! We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at SilverRock. We're pleased that you not only enjoyed our beautiful views, but our course layout as well. We cannot wait to have you back for another round soon!

"Great course, slow play was an issue"

andyrose007's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/11/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

We played this course as the first of 7 on a golf vacation. Starter said it would be the best we played, it wasn't. Course was in good shape but not as good as two others we played (Classic & Westin Mission Hills). Staff were professional but very business like. We had no previous experience of Palm Springs and daylight hours. So I question why we were given 4 tee times for 16 golfers starting at 12.23? As we found out, we were never in with a chance of completing our round, especially given that the group in front of us had a walker!

Response from SilverRock Resort on 11/22/2016:

Thank you for your feedback! We're apologize for the pace of play. Good pace of play is very important to us and we will make sure to address this. We would love to hear more about your experience at our course as well as the other courses you visited. Please email us at silverrockresort@gmail.com so we can further discuss. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!

"great course conditions"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/11/2016
Previously played Used cart Good weather Verified Purchaser

should not put foursomes out with only lest then 10 minutes between them--it stacks the course up and you wait at ever tee box

Response from SilverRock Resort on 11/14/2016:

Thank you for your feedback! We apologize that you did not enjoy your experience at SilverRock. We apologize that the pace of play was slow. We will make sure to address this issue immediately. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have you back out soon!

"Great Golf - Poor Customer Service"

bmcconachie's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/11/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

We play SilverRock every year on our annual Palm Springs vacation and love the course. The layout and conditioning are top notch. Unfortunately the level of customer service doesn't match the quality of the course. The pro shop staff seem to begrudgingly check us is, the starter is aggressively disinterested in being helpful and the on course marshals may as well not even be there. We waited 5 minutes on every tee box, there were large gaps between groups and the marshals just drive around not talking to anyone about it. We were told on the 1st tee that pace of play is important, and then staff do absolutely nothing to keep things moving. Might be time to find a new course to play, there are lots of courses in the valley that make you feel like a valued customer rather than an inconvenience.

Response from SilverRock Resort on 11/14/2016:

Thank you for your review! We are deeply sorry that you did not enjoy your round with us. We take our customer service very seriously and we hate to hear that your experience with our staff was less than great.

We are also sorry about the pace of play. This is also a top priority for us, so you can be sure we will address this issue immediately. Please reach out to us at silverrockresort@gmail.com so we can further discuss your experience. Thanks!

Commented on 12/01/2016

Looks like you have some real issues here regarding pace of play and stacking golfers. I was planning on booking for Christmas Holidays but reading these reviews I don't think so.

"GREAT COURSE"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/10/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

This course is a must play. Great scenery and a challenging layout.

Response from SilverRock Resort on 11/17/2016:

Awesome! We're thrilled that you consider us a must play course. We're glad that you enjoyed our scenery as well as the challenge our course presented. We can't wait to have you back soon!

"Always a great test of golf"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/09/2016

always a fun test of golf....

Response from SilverRock Resort on 10/12/2016:

Thank you for your review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your round with us at SilverRock. We are glad that you had a fun time at our course. We look forward to having you back soon for your next round with us!

"fun course"

Gord3386823's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/05/2016

Great course and in good condition. Moved briskly for the first 9 holes then came to a standstill. Stopped at the range after the round and was berated by a staff member for doing so as I got to my car.

Response from SilverRock Resort on 10/10/2016:

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your round with us at SilverRock. We are glad that you enjoyed our course conditions, but we apologize that you were berated by one of our staff. We will look into this matter immediately and we hope to see you back soon for your next round!

"Fun in the sun"

golfwithjohn11's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/04/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Verified Purchaser

Enjoyed the course and backdrop of the mountains.

It has a few blind shots but GPS helps with club

selection. Will be back. Staff was very helpful with first timer.

Response from SilverRock Resort on 10/10/2016:

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your round with us at SilverRock. We are glad that you enjoyed our course conditions as well as our staff. We look forward to having you back soon for your next round with us!

"Love It"

20openroad12's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/03/2016

Considering the time of year, the course was in great condition. Had a great time. Love playing this course. Always offers a challenge. One thing I would say: Tee boxes need some work. I understand tee boxes are usually crowned but some (50%) of yours need some work. I do love the course and will be back again, again and again.

Response from SilverRock Resort on 10/10/2016:

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your round with us at SilverRock. We are glad that you enjoyed our course conditions and we appreciate your feedback on the tee boxes. We look forward to having you back soon for your next round with us!

"A must play for Palm Springs trip"

ondermi1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/03/2016

Course was in great shape and layout is challenging but fair. Fairly forgiving fairways for drives. The scenery is worth the price of admission. You are literally steps from the mountains

Commented on 10/05/2016

Thanks for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your round at SilverRock. We are glad that you enjoyed our course conditions and our scenery. We look forward to having you back for your next round soon!

"Beautiful Course!"

Tbradford1010's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/01/2016

Loved the course, Bermuda greens so you have to hit the ball hard on them. Great layout, classic Arnold Palmer course. Loved it!

Commented on 10/05/2016

Thanks for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your round at SilverRock. We are glad that you enjoyed our course conditions and our course layout. We look forward to having you back for your next round soon!

"Fun Day"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/29/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

Fun day. Big Horn Sheep all over but not in way.

Great course.

Commented on 10/03/2016

Thanks for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at SilverRock. We are glad that the sheep didn't interfere too much with you round. We look forward to having you back for your next round with us!

"Worth The Splurge!!"

ThatGolfGuy's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2016
First time playing Used cart Good weather

Absolutely fantastic golf course!! You have to play this one if you get the chance! Rivals the rest of the expensively hyped courses too. Absolutely great views. Some of the best looking par 3's ive seen.

I normally play golf on a budget, so spending more than $45 is usually tough for me. This one was about $20 north of that and because of a bonus at work the week prior I just went for it. I left with a smile, feeling like I got my monies worth! Comp. range balls. Comp water bottles & good overall service. The course was in absolutely great shape, especially for the time of season. Everything was green and pretty lush. I mean, for mid September after the hot summer we just had, this course was in better shape than most courses are during peak season. I admit, I did my homework before hand and read a lot of the reviews here on golf advisor, a must when travelling to play golf, so I knew it was in good shape prior to showing up. I made the mistake of not doing my research last year when I made my annual trip to Palm Springs (I always go in September) and paid the price.

The views are stunning and the creative layout makes for a great round. I was fortunate enough to play with a local guy who gave me tips and showed me where to play to, etc... we had a great time.

Commented on 09/28/2016

Thanks for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at SilverRock. We are glad that you enjoyed our course conditions as well as our course layout. We're pleased that we did not disappoint and we look forward to having you back the next time you are in town!

"Marshsll"

paulgolfa's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2016

Course was fine but Marshall/ambassador did not seem to know what he was doing

We were s twosome playing 10 minutes

Per hole. He comes to us asking us to pick it up ad we were 1.5 holes behind

The group in front of us, s dingle!! He teed off 40 minutes or so in front of us!!

He said there were 4 foredoomed behind us

That could not keep pace with i

Us'

Why even talk to us? This goy had no

Clue how to move people around a course!'

I wish he had asked us to leave as he kept

Showing up every other hole

I will never play there again! Very unftienfly

Commented on 09/26/2016

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you did not enjoy your experience at SilverRock. Please reach out to us at silverrockresort@gmail.com so we can further discuss your experience. Thank you for your feedback!

"Spectacular"

chad8477181's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2016

First desert golf experience and it just so happened to rain! No worries though, because the course took the water like a champ. Greens still rolled true although they were a little slow as expected. The views of the hillside and mountains are amazing. I'm a 5/6 HC and decided to play the tips. I would say not to be intimidated by the 141 slope and 7500 yards. It was definitely a challenge, but if you're hitting the ball decent, you should be able to scrape by with a good round. The club house and restaraunt are nice but nothing special. The Cobb salad was bomb!

I took a long time to decide which course I was going to play during my time in the area. My buddy said to play PGA stadium, but I read a review that someone played PGA and SilverRock and liked SilverRock better. I've never played PGA but I was definitely not disappointed with my decision!

Commented on 09/26/2016

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your round at SilverRock. We are glad that you decided to give our course a try and were not disappointed. We hope to see you back soon for your next round!

"SR"

nickesquire's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/12/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Played the Blues (72.1/131/6658) in 4H. The weather was clear, breezy and well over 100. Love this fun layout that is away from any houses with Big Horn Sheep grazing on the course along the mountain. There are a decent amount of lakes, canals and native areas to keep you on your toes. The Bermuda tees were lush and well maintained. Only the par 3's needed divot repair. Both the Bermuda fairways and rough were mostly lush, with a few thin spots here and there. Nicely maintained and good to play from. The sand traps were in excellent condition. Good quality sand that was heavy and tough to play from with large lips and long carries if you short sided yourself. The Bermuda greens putted medium speed, were firm but held shots well. Not a huge amount of contour on these greens, no tiers. Reasonably smooth for Bermuda. The layout offers many tee shots that are nicely camouflaged with a large amount of both fairway and green side traps. Numerous driving areas appear tight. However, this is not a tight course overall with generous fairway landing areas for the most part once you get around bends and look back at the tee. The customer service was outstanding, from the complimentary range balls all the way to the cart guy cleaning your clubs after the round under misters. The playing conditions were very good bordering on excellent across the board. Excellent course, definitely recommended.

Commented on 09/28/2016

Thanks for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your round at SilverRock! Thank you so much for the in depth analysis. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and layout. We look forward to having you back soon for your next round!

"Stunning"

tonyrnunez's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/11/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

So beautiful. great layout and views of the mountains.

challenging but fair. probably the nicest course I've played. We played the Dunes and Stadium course on this trip also and this was by far the nicer course. Can't wait to play again

Commented on 09/16/2016

Thanks for your review! We are thrilled that our course was not too challenging and that you enjoyed your experience at SilverRock! We look forward to having you back again soon!

"Silver Rock"

moppo's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/07/2016

Course was in great shape, pace of play was excellent. We were lucky to get paired up with Ty and Dane, course employees who provided excellent course tips and were great guys. Don't skip this course if you're in the area!

Commented on 09/12/2016

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your overall experience with us at SilverRock. We are glad that Ty and Dane were able to give you some tips. We hope to see you back again soon for your next round!

"Nice Course"

pukeinabucket's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2016

Well manicured course. Fairly open fairways augmented with bunkers. Has water to hit over and comes into play if errant. Greens were slow, but it is the end of August. The greens rolled true. Great staff. Our handicaps are 4 & 8.

Commented on 09/08/2016

Thank you for your review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your round at SilverRock. We hope to see you back again soon for your next round with us!

"Fantastic shape"

larry1young's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

The summer time is the best time to play SilverRock because the rates are very affordable. During the winter, the rates tend to be too pricey. You can't get more for your money in the desert than this course.

Commented on 09/08/2016