SilverRock Resort - Arnold Palmer Classic

Greens: Bermuda
Golf Season: Year Round

GPS: Yes

Practice hole: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire must be worn at all times. Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times. Men's shirts must have collars and sleeves.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, MC, AMEX

Tees | Layout

Silver 72 7578 yards 76.3 139

Average Rating 4.4 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near local attractions   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views a bucket list/top 100 pick   Challenges include bunkers water hazards forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Awesome course"

Pklee's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2016

Great course. Very challenging. Lots of bunkers. Definately will again. Loved the Big Horn Sheep on the course

"Beautiful Course"

rbrozer's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2016

I had heard a lot of great things about this course and I wasn't disappointed. Challenging, beautiful views, and for summer conditions the course was a pleasure to play. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Definitely a must play if you're down in the desert.

"Fantastic Mountain Views"

Matthiashaeusel's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2016

Played the course in the middle of summer and the conditions were great except for the patchwork they call the 17th green.

If you can't hit it 245 straight off the tee this course will get you.

If your driver has abandoned you on this particular outing (not that I would know anything about that...) you're going to struggle, unlike some desert courses where it's "hit your 4 iron of the tee all day long and score".

Pace of play was whatever we wanted it to be.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Fairways were in great shape and the green for the most part rolled well.

Will definitely be back; after I have some words with my driver.

"Diabolical Greens"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

It had been over a year since I played SilverRock. The clubhouse continues its inexorable decline, the greens are among the worst in the Valley (bordering on the unputable andd running at 2 on the stimpmeter) and the fairways recently airiated. As I compose this message, I am trying to find one or two redeeming features of the overall facility, but, alas, I cannot conjure even one in my mind. This is a club which is supposed to be one of the premier ones in the Valley. Instead, I would rank the condition as one of the worst.

Commented on 06/30/2016

Thank you for your review and comments regarding your experience at SilverRock on June 25, 2016. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your round of golf and had a negative experience. It is our goal to provide a positive and memorable experience to every golfer throughout the year. SilverRock is a premier golf course in the Coachella Valley with a 93% customer satisfaction rating over 12 years of operating. We take every comment very serious and pride ourselves on being one of the best golf courses in the Coachella Valley.

During late spring and early summer time, golf courses in the Coachella Valley start to transition from cool season grass to warm season grass. Some golf courses transition quicker than others depending up grass types, soil profiles and mother nature. At SilverRock , we schedule our 1st aerificaiton the 3rd week of June to help with this transition which allows the Bermuda grass to breathe & help alleviate compaction. Unfortunately, you played our golf course 2 days after the entire course was aerified. As a result, the greens were/are slower than normal but is common following any aerificaiton. SilverRock is currently going through its transition now and will take several weeks to complete. As a result, we lower our green fees to 1/5 of what we charge in the season. Many golfers take advantage of the lower prices but understand that the golf course may not be in pristine condition like it is in the winter or prime seasonal months.

We would have gladly refunded your money if you were not satisfied with the course after you played a hole or two and noticed the condition of the course or greens was not to your expectations. As a gesture to regain your business, we would like to invite you out again as our guest. Please contact, Randy Duncan, General Manager/Director of Golf to coordinate or to share any other comments from your round of golf. 760-777-8884 ext. 4

Thank you again for your feedback and comments.

"breathtaking views"

rdelbo11's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Played by myself because the group that I was supposed to play with took off early without me. I get the hint,people don't want to play with strangers. Course was in great shape with the exception of 17 green which was completely lost I'm assuming because of the heat. I had the pleasure of being accompanied by about 30 or so big horn sheep throughout the day. One of them stood 8 feet from me as I teed of of 17th hole and could care less if I was there or not! Spectacular views of the mountains. One of the desert's finest courses .

Commented on 06/21/2016

Thanks for the review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your round. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

"Great course, great experience!"

Kim1854660's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2016

Great Course and in perfect condition. Played in under three hours!

Commented on 06/21/2016

Thanks for the review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your round. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

"Great value in the summer but...."

bgmoore's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2016
First time playing Used cart Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

have heard this course was awesome, but didn't get a chance to play it in prime time; played at the end of May. The fairways were in great shape, but I have never seen so many unrepaired balls marks on greens, ever!! I would say they were in attrocious shape. And these were on all the greens, not just the back nine that they are planning to redo. I sure hope they are in better shape in the winter.

Commented on 06/07/2016

Thanks for your review and feedback about the course! We appreciate your input about the conditions of the ball marks and will work to address this. We hope to see you back on the course!

"Good time was had"

legsmonahan's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2016

First of 4 new courses this trip, by far the best experience, put it on your list, can't miss, you'll enjoy it, even if you play poorly

Commented on 06/07/2016

Thanks for the excellent 4 star review! We're so glad you enjoyed the course and your round! Hope to see you soon!

"What an incredible experience."

Gregory8374745's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2016

Everything about the round was extraordinary. Course is in pristine condition. Loved the close up Mountain views and so many big horn sheep. We will be back very soon.

Commented on 06/07/2016

Thanks for the great review! The course does have some pretty amazing views, glad you enjoyed! See you soon for another fun round.

"Beautiful Course"

ambit1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2016

If your looking for a beautiful course right next to the mountains this is one of them. 5 sets of tees for all levels. Water, sand traps and scenery that is unique. In my top 5 in Palm Springs area. Lots of mountain sheep grazing on the mountain side of the course. If I had a knock, some of the greens were burned? Parched? Definitely will return.

Commented on 06/07/2016

Thanks for the excellent 5 star review! We're glad you enjoyed everything the course has to offer. Come see us soon!

"Course was beautiful"

pmwoodard's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

This was a great course. The GPS was helpful. The fairways tended to be a little hard. The hidden water made for a poor score but I know where to go next time. Courses down here need flowers. Service at the 19th Hole was slow.

Player Tip: Watch to GPS to insure you knw where the water is in play.

Commented on 06/07/2016

Thanks for the review and feedback about the course! We hope to see you again soon.

"Awesome experience great course"

BWickett's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2016

Played Silverrock for the first time with some friends on our latest trip to Palm Springs and booked through Golf Now and got a great rate. Played the combo tees which was a nice mix for all of us. Course was in great shape and offered a great mix that will challenge any golfer yet still allow you the opportunity to score well as there are some generous landing spots available. If I had to find something critical to say (which was hard to do) the greens were quite grainy with plenty of top dressing, however that was understandable as the summer season was upon them. Staff were amazing, very courteous and very knowledgable. Overall awesome experience and will definitely play again.

"Tough layout..."

Chromate9's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2016

not for 20+ handicaps. Need to play it a few times. Bunkers are steep hard to get in and out of; need railroad tie steps or the like. Pace of play 4 hr 40 min marshals did nothing. Typical "not offend" slow players attitude from marshals.

"Beautiful course"

gtassone001's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2016

Located along the base of a mountain, it presents one stunning hole after another.

"Watter, Sand, Sand, and More Sand"

danturl's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2016

If you like playing out of 8 foot bunkers - at least 1 (usually twice or more), on every hole then this is a course for you. If you are not in a bunker you'll most likely be in a pond, lake or creek.

Course Layout: Poor

"A great day of golf"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2016

Great day of golf.

After golf a very friendly happy hour. Great day.

Greens and fairways were in great shape.

Starters was friendly, great driving and practice facility

"Missed the Big Horn Sheep this Year!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2016

We love this golf course! We come back and back each year. Last year there were many big horn sheep on the back nine. Very fun to see so up close. However, this year there was a new fence - understandable.

"Challenging layout"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2016

I really enjoyed this course. Lots of tees from which to choose, with a combo set to fill the large gap between the blues and whites. Fairways and greens were in excellent shape. Lots of bunkers and waste areas to avoid and just enough water to keep you honest. Undulating fairways give a lot of uneven lies. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

"enjoyed it"

bigtipper's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

This was a top ten golf, scenery, staff and club house. I can't wait to play again next week. I can not imagine any other golf venue being better. I have played the so called top ten and this one is #1.

Player Tip: make sure you have the correct distance.

"Very enjoyable"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2016

The price was right, course was in great shape and all the views around the course where great . Good practice area also