SilverRock Resort - Arnold Palmer Classic

Greens: Bermuda
Golf Season: Year Round

GPS: Yes

Practice hole: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire must be worn at all times. Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times. Men's shirts must have collars and sleeves.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, MC, AMEX

Tees | Layout

Silver 72 7578 yards 76.3 139

Average Rating 4.4 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city near local attractions   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views a bucket list/top 100 pick   Challenges include bunkers water hazards forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Worth The Splurge!!"

ThatGolfGuy's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2016
First time playing Used cart Good weather

Absolutely fantastic golf course!! You have to play this one if you get the chance! Rivals the rest of the expensively hyped courses too. Absolutely great views. Some of the best looking par 3's ive seen.

I normally play golf on a budget, so spending more than $45 is usually tough for me. This one was about $20 north of that and because of a bonus at work the week prior I just went for it. I left with a smile, feeling like I got my monies worth! Comp. range balls. Comp water bottles & good overall service. The course was in absolutely great shape, especially for the time of season. Everything was green and pretty lush. I mean, for mid September after the hot summer we just had, this course was in better shape than most courses are during peak season. I admit, I did my homework before hand and read a lot of the reviews here on golf advisor, a must when travelling to play golf, so I knew it was in good shape prior to showing up. I made the mistake of not doing my research last year when I made my annual trip to Palm Springs (I always go in September) and paid the price.

The views are stunning and the creative layout makes for a great round. I was fortunate enough to play with a local guy who gave me tips and showed me where to play to, etc... we had a great time.

Player Tip: Some blind shots on this one. Dont be afraid to go for it. Remember the ball generally flies further in the desert.

"Marshsll"

paulgolfa's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2016

Course was fine but Marshall/ambassador did not seem to know what he was doing

We were s twosome playing 10 minutes

Per hole. He comes to us asking us to pick it up ad we were 1.5 holes behind

The group in front of us, s dingle!! He teed off 40 minutes or so in front of us!!

He said there were 4 foredoomed behind us

That could not keep pace with i

Us'

Why even talk to us? This goy had no

Clue how to move people around a course!'

I wish he had asked us to leave as he kept

Showing up every other hole

I will never play there again! Very unftienfly

Commented on 09/26/2016

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you did not enjoy your experience at SilverRock. Please reach out to us at silverrockresort@gmail.com so we can further discuss your experience. Thank you for your feedback!

"Spectacular"

chad8477181's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2016

First desert golf experience and it just so happened to rain! No worries though, because the course took the water like a champ. Greens still rolled true although they were a little slow as expected. The views of the hillside and mountains are amazing. I'm a 5/6 HC and decided to play the tips. I would say not to be intimidated by the 141 slope and 7500 yards. It was definitely a challenge, but if you're hitting the ball decent, you should be able to scrape by with a good round. The club house and restaraunt are nice but nothing special. The Cobb salad was bomb!

I took a long time to decide which course I was going to play during my time in the area. My buddy said to play PGA stadium, but I read a review that someone played PGA and SilverRock and liked SilverRock better. I've never played PGA but I was definitely not disappointed with my decision!

Commented on 09/26/2016

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your round at SilverRock. We are glad that you decided to give our course a try and were not disappointed. We hope to see you back soon for your next round!

"SR"

nickesquire's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/12/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Played the Blues (72.1/131/6658) in 4H. The weather was clear, breezy and well over 100. Love this fun layout that is away from any houses with Big Horn Sheep grazing on the course along the mountain. There are a decent amount of lakes, canals and native areas to keep you on your toes. The Bermuda tees were lush and well maintained. Only the par 3's needed divot repair. Both the Bermuda fairways and rough were mostly lush, with a few thin spots here and there. Nicely maintained and good to play from. The sand traps were in excellent condition. Good quality sand that was heavy and tough to play from with large lips and long carries if you short sided yourself. The Bermuda greens putted medium speed, were firm but held shots well. Not a huge amount of contour on these greens, no tiers. Reasonably smooth for Bermuda. The layout offers many tee shots that are nicely camouflaged with a large amount of both fairway and green side traps. Numerous driving areas appear tight. However, this is not a tight course overall with generous fairway landing areas for the most part once you get around bends and look back at the tee. The customer service was outstanding, from the complimentary range balls all the way to the cart guy cleaning your clubs after the round under misters. The playing conditions were very good bordering on excellent across the board. Excellent course, definitely recommended.

"SilverRock"

nickesquire's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/11/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

Played the Blues (72.1/131/6658) in 4.5H with mendel, Rick & Randy, then replayed as a 2some with mendel in 4H. The weather was clear, breezy and 109. This is a fun & pretty layout with Big Horn Sheep grazing on the course along the mountain. Definitely my favorite Palmer course, I come away more impressed after each round here. The playing conditions were very good bordering on excellent across the board. The Bermuda tees were lush and well maintained. Only the par 3's needed divot repair. Both the Bermuda fairways and rough were fairly lush, with a few thin spots here and there. Nicely maintained and good to play from. The traps were in excellent condition. Good quality sand that was heavy and tough to play from with large lips and long carries if you short sided yourself. The Bermuda greens putted medium speed, were firm but held shots well. Reasonably smooth for Bermuda. The break lines usually stood out to me, not a huge amount of contour on these greens. Love the layout, it's completely away from any houses. Decent amount of lakes, canals and native areas to keep your attention. Many tee shots that were nicely camouflaged by Palmer with tons of both fairway and green side traps. However, this is not a tight course overall with generous fairway landing areas for the most part. The customer service was outstanding, from the complimentary range balls all the way to the cart guy cleaning your clubs after the round under misters. Bill the Marshall especially stood out, making the rounds enforcing POP with a smile and delivering citrus smelling ice towels so you could cool down. Great course, definitely recommended.

"Stunning"

tonyrnunez's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/11/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

So beautiful. great layout and views of the mountains.

challenging but fair. probably the nicest course I've played. We played the Dunes and Stadium course on this trip also and this was by far the nicer course. Can't wait to play again

Commented on 09/16/2016

Thanks for your review! We are thrilled that our course was not too challenging and that you enjoyed your experience at SilverRock! We look forward to having you back again soon!

"Silver Rock"

moppo's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/07/2016

Course was in great shape, pace of play was excellent. We were lucky to get paired up with Ty and Dane, course employees who provided excellent course tips and were great guys. Don't skip this course if you're in the area!

Commented on 09/12/2016

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your overall experience with us at SilverRock. We are glad that Ty and Dane were able to give you some tips. We hope to see you back again soon for your next round!

"Nice Course"

pukeinabucket's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2016

Well manicured course. Fairly open fairways augmented with bunkers. Has water to hit over and comes into play if errant. Greens were slow, but it is the end of August. The greens rolled true. Great staff. Our handicaps are 4 & 8.

Commented on 09/08/2016

Thank you for your review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your round at SilverRock. We hope to see you back again soon for your next round with us!

"Fantastic shape"

larry1young's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

The summer time is the best time to play SilverRock because the rates are very affordable. During the winter, the rates tend to be too pricey. You can't get more for your money in the desert than this course.

Commented on 09/08/2016

"Challenging course and consistently in great shape"

sunk1putt's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Love to play here. Lots of challenging holes with many sand bunkers and a fair share of water hazards. I always look forward to playing here.

Player Tip: Keep the ball in the fairways here off of the tee, even if you have to give up some length on your shot by cutting down on your swing aggressiveness.

Commented on 09/08/2016

Thank you for your review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your round at SilverRock and that you look forward to playing us with again. We hope to see you back again soon for your next round with us!

"Incredibly long and incredibly challanging"

rdnakatani's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

Course was great. The gold tees are plenty, played a mix between silver and gold and it was torture at 7,400 yards. Don't play it all the way back unless you are B. Watson, Jay Day, D. Johnson or you would like to shoot 110.

Commented on 09/08/2016

Thank you for your review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your round at SilverRock. We hope that then length of the course doesn't keep you from returning. We hope to see you back again soon for your next round with us!

"SilverRock"

nassauplayer121's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2016

Beautiful course, great condition , sand traps very tough, all in all a lot of fun to play. I was hooked up as a single with another single and we got along famously, vistas are fantastic. Littlebhot

Commented on 09/08/2016

Thank you for your review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your round at SilverRock. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our course condition as well as the single you were paired with. We hope to see you back again soon for your next round with us!

"silverock"

jruvio1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Great staff, course was in very good condition for the middle of summer. With the mountains so close and the holes designed for the professional golfer, the course has a lot of memorable holes. Definitely worth playing.

Commented on 09/08/2016

Thank you for your review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your round at SilverRock. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our course condition as well as our staff. We hope to see you back again soon for your next round with us!

"I enjoy playing this course."

jrm4299's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

Course was in pretty good shape for July.

"Awesome course"

Pklee's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2016

Great course. Very challenging. Lots of bunkers. Definately will again. Loved the Big Horn Sheep on the course

Pklee,

We are happy that you will be back! We want to thank you for playing with us!!

See you soon!

Best Wishes,

"Beautiful Course"

rbrozer's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2016

I had heard a lot of great things about this course and I wasn't disappointed. Challenging, beautiful views, and for summer conditions the course was a pleasure to play. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Definitely a must play if you're down in the desert.

rbrozer,

Thank you for choosing to play with us. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the course and had amazing conditions! Please come back again for another great day out on the course! Until then, all the very best!!

Sincerely,

"Fantastic Mountain Views"

Matthiashaeusel's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2016

Played the course in the middle of summer and the conditions were great except for the patchwork they call the 17th green.

If you can't hit it 245 straight off the tee this course will get you.

If your driver has abandoned you on this particular outing (not that I would know anything about that...) you're going to struggle, unlike some desert courses where it's "hit your 4 iron of the tee all day long and score".

Pace of play was whatever we wanted it to be.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Fairways were in great shape and the green for the most part rolled well.

Will definitely be back; after I have some words with my driver.

Matthiashaeusel,

We appreciate your review and feedback of the course and your time with us! We want to thank you for playing with us and hope that you can make it back again soon for another great day with us!

Best Wishes,

"Diabolical Greens"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

It had been over a year since I played SilverRock. The clubhouse continues its inexorable decline, the greens are among the worst in the Valley (bordering on the unputable andd running at 2 on the stimpmeter) and the fairways recently airiated. As I compose this message, I am trying to find one or two redeeming features of the overall facility, but, alas, I cannot conjure even one in my mind. This is a club which is supposed to be one of the premier ones in the Valley. Instead, I would rank the condition as one of the worst.

Commented on 06/30/2016

Thank you for your review and comments regarding your experience at SilverRock on June 25, 2016. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your round of golf and had a negative experience. It is our goal to provide a positive and memorable experience to every golfer throughout the year. SilverRock is a premier golf course in the Coachella Valley with a 93% customer satisfaction rating over 12 years of operating. We take every comment very serious and pride ourselves on being one of the best golf courses in the Coachella Valley.

During late spring and early summer time, golf courses in the Coachella Valley start to transition from cool season grass to warm season grass. Some golf courses transition quicker than others depending up grass types, soil profiles and mother nature. At SilverRock , we schedule our 1st aerificaiton the 3rd week of June to help with this transition which allows the Bermuda grass to breathe & help alleviate compaction. Unfortunately, you played our golf course 2 days after the entire course was aerified. As a result, the greens were/are slower than normal but is common following any aerificaiton. SilverRock is currently going through its transition now and will take several weeks to complete. As a result, we lower our green fees to 1/5 of what we charge in the season. Many golfers take advantage of the lower prices but understand that the golf course may not be in pristine condition like it is in the winter or prime seasonal months.

We would have gladly refunded your money if you were not satisfied with the course after you played a hole or two and noticed the condition of the course or greens was not to your expectations. As a gesture to regain your business, we would like to invite you out again as our guest. Please contact, Randy Duncan, General Manager/Director of Golf to coordinate or to share any other comments from your round of golf. 760-777-8884 ext. 4

Thank you again for your feedback and comments.

"breathtaking views"

rdelbo11's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Played by myself because the group that I was supposed to play with took off early without me. I get the hint,people don't want to play with strangers. Course was in great shape with the exception of 17 green which was completely lost I'm assuming because of the heat. I had the pleasure of being accompanied by about 30 or so big horn sheep throughout the day. One of them stood 8 feet from me as I teed of of 17th hole and could care less if I was there or not! Spectacular views of the mountains. One of the desert's finest courses .

Commented on 06/21/2016

Thanks for the review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your round. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

"Great course, great experience!"

Kim1854660's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2016

Great Course and in perfect condition. Played in under three hours!

Commented on 06/21/2016

Thanks for the review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your round. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.