SilverRock Resort - Arnold Palmer Classic

Greens: Bermuda
Golf Season: Year Round

GPS: Yes

Practice hole: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire must be worn at all times. Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times. Men's shirts must have collars and sleeves.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, MC, AMEX

Tees

Silver 72 7578 yards 76.3 139

Average Rating 4.4 stars from 5
Overall Condition: 4.3 stars from 5
Food & Beverage: No ratings so far

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near local attractions   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views a bucket list/top 100 pick   Challenges include bunkers water hazards forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Beautiful surroundings - Bighorn Sheep"

cdauch's avatar
Handicap: 10-14

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/20/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Worth playing. Get ready for the most majestic Bighorn Sheep you've ever seen. Challenging course. One of the prettiest in the Palm Springs area.

Course Difficulty: Somewhat Challenging

"Play Earlier Rather Than Later"

poppopjohn's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/15/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

SiverRock has an excellent range and pre game area. Its nestled near the mountains.You lose daylight & temperature quickly once the sun goes behind them. This slows play. Finshed the round in semi darkness at 5:10 after a 12:38 tee time. Greens can be hard to hold even with higher irons and longer pitch shots. Need to play it once or twice to know where the canal comes into play. Good track but takes some experience to know how to play it.

Course Difficulty: Extremely Challenging

"Great course"

mikeyschmidt's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/08/2016

Many of the courses are rated 4 or more stars in the Palm Springs area. This course actually deserves it!! We really enjoyed it!!

Overall Condition: Excellent

"First Class in every way!!"

uJUNN3964JU's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/27/2015

The moment you drive in & glimpse the emarald green bueatifully conditioned fairways that await you & see the majestic mountain backdrop you know you have arrived for someThing magical for which is known as PALMSPRINGS if your from out of town. My 14 yr old son & I played 5 rounds visiting Nana for Christmas in PHOENIX & played TROONNRTH, BOULDERS,QUINTARO: 3 of the top 5 in AZ. The SILVERROCK staff offered a junior rate even though the i had asked in AZ & was denied eachtime. This course is topnotch in everyway; tees level, fairways like carpet& greens true&fast,Bunker sand of pro quality, Routing a challenge&FUN w/ some WATER.Saw a family of BIGHORN SHEEP on ROCK faced MOUNTAINSIDE. A GREAT day with my SON- by the way he beat me again!!

"Challenging course"

rankpos88's avatar
Age: Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/23/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

This is one of the more challenging courses in the area. The front nine is the easier of the two. Holes 15,16, and 17 could make or break your score. Overall, a beautiful course worth the money.

Player Tip: Stay in the fairway.

Course Difficulty: Somewhat Challenging

"This course is a great challenge."

Colin4427419's avatar
Handicap: 10-14

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/08/2015

Read the reviews and booked an early morning round. Locals Tom & Kevin guided me around like seasoned caddies, suggesting site lines & club selections. Fantastic track with more than enough length at sea level. Fairways are in great shape and the greens running fast for a public track in the valley. I haven't even mentioned the views. A must play if you haven't.

"Gem in La Quinta"

randyabe's avatar
Plays: Once a week

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/04/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

One of my favorite courses in La Quinta...tough and usually in good shape. Staff is friendly and keeps things moving. 5 sets of tees...gold were great for me as a 6 index, as well as others of different skill levels. Need to make shots to score well. Saw mountain goats and red tail hawks on back nine. Great views of mountains.

"Golfer's track"

Michael3445798's avatar
Age: 35-44

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/27/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

Staff is awesome.

Best greens in the desert.

Really tough par 5s. Relatively easy par 3s. 7500 yard tees are ridiculously long. Challenge on this course is off the tee -- there are plenty of really tough driving holes. Beautiful backdrop. Greens are fairly tame and roll extremely well.

Add this to your must play list in the desert.

"Great surprise"

Andrews1998's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Love this course! conditioning was great even though overseeing still growing in. Interesting mix of holes, wonderful scenic course.

Only complaint was a silly Marshall who told us to pick up the pace when we were a hole ahead of the group behind us and finished our round in 4:20 despite cart path only requirment. Would highly recommend this course.

Course Difficulty: Moderate

"Beautiful"

nmalden's avatar
Handicap: 15-19

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2015

Most beautiful course of those I've played in the valley. A must play. Tough test with some very long holes even from the whites. Walkable.

"Fun Course"

Stephen9979134's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2015

Great condition with a nice variety of holes. Many different tee options that can fit any golfer.

"Worth every penny"

Plays: Once a week

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/07/2015

I am local and this is one of my favorite courses in the valley. I took my uncle here yesterday and man was this place immaculate. Beautiful fairways, crisp but buttery greens, with a painted view to match. My uncle said, kinda hard to keep your eye on the ball with a backdrop like this one! This course is a 12 out of 10 in our book.

Overall Condition: Excellent

"Good course, poor pace of play, Marshalls did nothing"

Uclaasudad's avatar
Handicap: 0-4

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/03/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Had 9:45 tee time with 3 friends for my birthday. Have played before and expected a fun day. Course in good condition, hole 17 green is real bad, almost unplayable. Rest of course in good shape, be prepared for a few quirky holes, like the par 5 on back side that measures 567 but with water river bed running out on first tee shot you can't even hit 3 wood without it going into river! Hole does not allow good player to reach in 2! But our groups big issue was pace of play at 5 hours! There were 2 Marshalls on the course and we talked to them on hole 9 about the issue and one said ok and the other just drove away seemingly not concerned about our comments. We saw them again individually of the rest of the round but there was NO communication or even stopping t by us to ever address our previous comments! We are decent players and we waited every single shot on the course which does not support a good day or round! I always have said I will not play a public course on a weekend because of the pace of play issue, but this was a gift birthday experience my step dad and friends wanted to share with me. Too bad it was less than totally enjoyable because of the time! FYI, the bar/cafe closes at 2, no drinks afterwards!!

"Nice location"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/03/2015

We were all very impressed by the location being next to rugged mountains but the course does not play like a mountain course. We drove our cart past two beards of mountain sheep making for a very special experience.

"Salmon42"

Salmon42's avatar
Gender: Female

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2015

Great course , I've played this course 3 years ago and I wanted to play it again and I can tell you it was fabulous as I played in the middle of the day and the temperature was around 106 , the other twosome I played with were locals and very friendly they made experience great . The course was in great shape minus- #17 green . I've played lots of course in the area and I still think this is my favorite .
Thanks Silver Rock

"A Great "Challenge""

golferdude26's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2015

This course is a great test of your overall game with many aspects of ones game tested. The variety of types of holes is very good and doesn't allow for any boredom. It is very visually intimidating and difficult to judge, but a very enjoyable round of golf. The scenic beauty of the course up against the desert mountains is very stunning and impressive along with the big horn sheep roaming the course. Play it, and you'll truly appreciate the perspective of PGA difficulty through a public golf course. This is a "winner"!!

"Great golf course"

smittamd's avatar
Age: 45-54
Gender: Female

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2015

The golf course was a sight to be seen, it was so amazing. It was a great round until the marshalls started dogging us after the second hole, we were the third group off and they said we was falling behind, the funny thing was we played in 4 hours!! So it turned a great round of golf into a round that wasn't so fun. And made it where I don't think we will go back.

"Stunning course"

Rondeanna's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

Set right into the rock face - this course is unique and beautiful. Every hole has an amazing view. Our only compliant was the pace of play. It was a 5 hour round and it just seemed like the tee times were too close together as no one around us was playing slow.

Course Difficulty: Somewhat Challenging

"Very Hot day, course in fair shape"

jimbob44f's avatar
Age: 65+

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2015

Unfortunately we played this course on a day when we had extremely high humidity and very hot. Maybe its why I rated it lower.

There is one absolutely DEAD green, the 17th hole that should be, but is not being repaired. There are a couple of just plain stupid holes, like a par 4 that is 453 yards long from the "regular" tees. Also a lot of burned out areas, some expected for late September. I just did not like the layout all that much. This is probably an OK course to play in the spring time.

Course Difficulty: Somewhat Challenging

"Fun Track, challenging yet enjoyable"

c3retired's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2015

Course offers multiple tee options and scenic views. Greens run true. Course layout allows for risk taking or bailout areas on majority of holes. Pleasure to play.