Lost Marsh Golf Course

Clubs: No

Walking allowed: No walkers on weekends until 1pm.
Dress code: Proper golf attire is required at all times. No tee shirts, tank tops, jerseys or denim.

Tournament 72 6803 yards 73.6 132
Championship 72 6370 yards 71.6 127
Player 72 5859 yards 69.2 122
Player (W) 72 5859 yards 74.2 127
Regular (W) 72 4972 yards 69.3 117

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers locals wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards forced carries thick rough   Great for 19th hole scenic views drinks patio dining

"Some good, some not so good"

jimpetroskey's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

First of all, let me start by stating that Lost Marsh is one of the nicest courses in the Region, a great layout, with fine conditions. When we arrived, we found out that all of the carts were out on the course, so the lady gave each of us a ticket for a small bucket of balls. Classy! We finally loaded our carts up and teed off (slightly late), due to the massive no. of people playing that day. Course was in great shape, but several of the greens were saturated with leaves, making putting pretty difficult, if not unfair. My cart began to lose its charge, and when I called, someone came out and switched me into another cart on the 6th hole. Pace of play was terrible. After 4 and 1/2 hours, we had only played 15 holes, and decided to quit. Also, the 2nd cart I had was also losing steam, and would not have made it through another 3 holes. I love the course and will return, but never again on a week end.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 10/24/2017:

Hi, Jim. Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed the course layout, value, and our staff. These are all things we work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Your comments about our greens, carts, and pace of play are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Lost Marsh Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

"Great Course but pace of play ridiculous"

schofir's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/13/2017

I played this course a week ago and it was in great shape but a little soft. Heavy rains meant a couple of balls plugged in the fairway on a good drive. That happens. I honestly love this course and the facility is beautiful. However, we never saw a marshal and the pace of play was fine until we got to #9. We watched a single tee off followed by a twosome, then my twosome. We waited for 10 minutes there on for the tee shot and the approach. It got unbearable, my scores started to suffer and we skipped four holes, played #18 and left. A morning weekday round should not have taken that much time. I will hold off on going back until I hear they are doing a better job keeping guys moving.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 10/19/2017:

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and value to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Lost Marsh Golf Course, we hope to see you again soon.

"Great challenge"

snyderj's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2017

Great test. Target golf At its finest. Very helpful with extra player. Staff was willing to help us. Will be back.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 10/03/2017:

Thank you for leaving a review and rating us 5-stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off.

"Intimidating front nine"

algrouprc's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2017

You better hit your ball straight on the front nine or you will need more golf balls.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 10/02/2017:

We appreciate the 4-star review. Your feedback will be used to notify our team so they can continue to provide an enjoyable experience but also make changes to hopefully earn 5-stars next time. Thanks for playing with us!

"Great Spot!"

eveslow's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Lots of water! Play target golf. Very good conditions throughout! Worth the stop.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 10/02/2017:

Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 5-stars and are going to notify the teams responsible, so they know their hard work is paying off. We hope to see you for another round soon. Thank you for playing Lost Marsh Golf Course.

"Great course but staff doesnt know what they are doing...."

Jonathan3376292's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Great course but staff doesn't know what they are doing. No starter when we teed off so there were multiple twosomes that were slowed by extremely slow foursomes. Called into the shop 3 times first time we were told to go in front of them, second time ranger came out and had a group in front of us play through them. Finally the ranger came back out so we were told to skip around the last 5 holes. Very disappointing they would allow bad habits on the course.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 09/27/2017:

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and layout to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Lost Marsh Golf Course, we hope to see you again soon.

"Lost Marsh is a Refreshing Challenge"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2017

I was pleasantly surprised with the playability, condition, and overall fun of the layout at lost marsh. The diversity of the holes and the shots required was what I really enjoyed about the course. There are two to three risk-reward short par 4s that are driveable for longer players. The few longer par 4s are relatively open off the tee, but demand a strong approach shot. Again, the par 5s offer a great risk-reward set up both off the tee and into the green. Hole 4 is one of the tougher holes in the area. The par 3s could use some mixing up (all played between 135 and 170 the day I played from silver tees). Really other than that, I have no complaints; the greens rolled fairly true, rough was appropriately long, and the pace of play was great despite every tee time being booked with foursomes.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 09/26/2017:

Rifraff1962's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 09/27/2017:

"Worth the Drive!"

uDTFM1906DT's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017

Greeted by the friendliest pro shop ever.

What a gem! Played in under 4 hours and waited to hit on the first five holes. Had a great time! Layout was a little strange but excellent conditions!what a deal on golfnow! Definate replay even with the traffic (dan ryan expressway).

Well worth it! Won't get lost in my favorite courses to play.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 09/22/2017:

Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 5-stars and are going to notify the teams responsible, so they know their hard work is paying off. Our staff works hard to start your experience off right when you walk into the shop. We hope to see you for another round soon. Thank you for playing Lost Marsh Golf Course.

"I recommend this track!"

CookDaddy's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

If you want a unique golf experience then I recommend playing here. It's certainly lived up to its billing as a target course, as opposed to the wide-open links courses that I typically prefer. This brings out a whole new mental part to the game and ensures that only a strategic hitter is successful. For me I found this to be refreshing and a whole lot of fun! The fairways and greens were really well maintained. Oh, and the beer is cheap! I'd play this course again any day!

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 09/20/2017:

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 5-stars! We are going to pass on your feedback to our team, so they know their hard work is not going unnoticed. It is great to hear that the efforts we have put in helped provided a memorable and enjoyable experience for you. Thank you for playing Lost Marsh Golf Course, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

"course is in great condition."

uJFED4199JF's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/14/2017

really helps using GNow GPS on this course especially for the first few holes where water comes into play often.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 09/18/2017:

Thanks for the review! We are glad you enjoyed your round and that the GolfNow App provided you with a helpful GPS during your game. We look forward to seeing you at Lost Marsh again soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/13/2017

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 09/18/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to review us 5-stars! We are glad you had a memorable and enjoyable experience. See you again soon!

"Play"

demccloskey's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017

Course is great. Pace of play sucks. It would have taken over 5 hours to get a round in. Will not go again

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Club on 09/05/2017:

Hello, Dennis. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and layout to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Lost Marsh Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

"Course"

mfkrope's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2017

A great course to play, the only criticism is that the carts need gps due to all the water in front and the sides especially the first 4 holes.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 09/05/2017:

Hi, Mark. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5-stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We are also going to escalate your comment about the GPS in the cart to our team in charge to see what changes can be made before your next round.

"2nd try - Too Crowded"

dooder's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2017

2nd try in a few years at this course. Staff was friendly enough and the clubhouse is spectacular. Skipped the range. Knew first 4 holes were murder and while somewhat interesting they create a real log jam right out of the gate with the par 3 second hole. Why courses make the second hole a three makes no sense. So many hazards and chances for lost balls on those first four the group just loses its enthusiasm for playing. After that it gets more enjoyable but what really bothers me is how close the greens and tee boxes are. It's actually scary. Teeing off on 10 you have groups firing rockets off one almost right at you. Italian beef at the 8/12 snack shack made up for a lot. The last 4-5 holes are well designed despite the ugly storage tanks and make you enjoy the course overall. I can put up with the crazy starting 4 but my group said they're done with this course. Waited in every single tee, but still finished in 4h30m starting at 7:30 on a Sunday. Don't see how they can ever speed up play with trouble on almost 100% of shots on the first 9. Back far more playable.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 08/29/2017:

Hi, Jason. Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed the back 9, overall course conditions, and the snack shake. These are all things we work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. As you can tell from past reviews, not all feedback is created equal. Your comments about our front 9 and pace of play are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Lost Marsh Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

"Target golf course in excellent condition"

TheoV's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2017

Lost Marsh may be in the best course condition shape in years. This is a target-oriented golf course that plays tough from the back 2 tee boxes (Silver - 6370 & Black - 6803 yds). The yardage is not long but the tightness of the course makes it play longer. The course's defenses are hazards (water & marshes), the wind, and the layout with strategic tree locations. Couples of tips - 1) Do not use driver off the tee at holes 1, 4, 5, and 15: not necessary and brings more hazards into trouble without any good reward. 2) Holes 7 & 12 have strategic tree lines to avoid on the drive or they make your 2nd shot impossible. OTHER STUFF: The snack shack is very convenient as you can visit after holes 8, 11, or 13. The clubhouse is beautiful with a good bar, restaurant, and locker room. The bar also has an outdoor patio area overlooking the course and the Chicago skyline. Good course that tests your accuracy of your shots. Good Luck!

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 09/05/2017:

Hello, Theodore. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 5-stars! We are going to pass on your feedback to our team, so they know their hard work is not going unnoticed. It is great to hear that the efforts we have put in helped provided a memorable and enjoyable experience for you. We also appreciate your in-depth overview of the course so that new golfers reading your review can truly get a grasp on what they can expect. Thank you for playing Lost Marsh Golf Course, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 08/14/2017:

Hello, Michael. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5-stars. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off.

"Pace of play ruins experience"

18notenough's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2017

Played course three weeks ago. 5 hour, 42 minute round. As it was a 90+ degree day, chalked it up to the warm day and an anamoly.

Gave course another chance yesterday. 5 hour, 36 minute round in high 70s, low 80s temps.

Despite reading management's responses that they are addressing pace of play concerns, it would appear that nothing is being done to correct the situation. If the course wants to keep the two rangers on payroll, then it may be better served having them do something else to earn their keep because they are certainly not doing what they are supposed to be doing, which is to keep groups on track in accordance with the course's suggested pace of play. On the two days that I played, the rangers seemed more interested in keeping their carts moving in pursuit of AVOIDING any groups than to approach groups needing a little nudge.

Lost Marsh is a fun course with its fair share of challenges. Unfortunately, until it TRULY cleans up its act on pace of play, there is very little value in what they ask the public to pay and is a recommended stay-away.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 08/15/2017:

Hello, Jon. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We apologize that the pace of play during both of your visits was less than ideal. We are working hard to make these changes. Teaching our loyal league of golfers, who consistently visit during the good weather, to move faster is easier said than done. You noticed that we now have two Rangers, which we have increased from the single one we used before. This change, along with others, helps us better the pace. We appreciate you giving us a second chance and can assure you that we will correct this issue. Thanks for playing Lost Marsh Golf Course, we hope to see you again.

"Lost Marsh on windless day"

rdober237's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/31/2017

Played this course when there was hardly any wind. This is a great course but due to its closeness to Lake Michigan it can get fairly windy. This is a pretty tough track and combining it with the wind factor it magnifies the difficulty. Got to truly enjoy it yesterday. Course is in great condition. First 5 holes are a true test of your ability. You gotta play it.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 08/03/2017:

Hello, Russell. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 5-stars and are going to notify the teams responsible so they know their hard work is paying off. We hope to see you for another round soon. Thank you for playing Lost Marsh Golf Course.

"Lost Balls"

Rickfiore1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017

This course has potential. Too many tricked up holes that need to be changed. Some holes after going around the lake were more classic and a good combination of links and wooded holes. Several holes were difficult because you can't see where to hit your drive and sometimes second shot. This really slows down play.

Response from Lost Marsh Golf Course on 08/02/2017:

Hi, Ricardo. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Lost Marsh Golf Course, we hope to see you again in the future.