Rams Hill Golf Club

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is worth the drive at a resort   Great for wildlife/ scenic views a bucket list/top 100 pick a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens water hazards   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Best course in So Cal"

Samtheman852's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/05/2017

Not a single complaint about this course. Everything was top notch staff was amazing. Jasper and Mike in the pro shop were very helpful and knowledgeable. I will be recommending this course to a lot of San Diego golfers. You'd have to go to Palm springs to find a course in this good of condition usually so save yourself 2 hours of driving and go to Rams Hill.

Commented on 12/12/2017

Thank you Samtheman852 for the wonderful five star review! We hope to see you again this season at Rams Hill!

"Extremely Windy....."

varadarajansriram's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/03/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

The course is in immaculate shape, hats off to the greenskeeper for taking such good care, every course in San Diego could benefit from the skill possessed by these guys.

Suggestion, do not play this course in the afternoon, the wind makes it practically impossible to play. Pay the extra few dollars and play early morning, do not be fooled by the $80 afternoon rate. overall, like many have said there isn't a course in San Diego that can match the condition/stunning views this course has.

Commented on 12/06/2017

Thank you varadarajansriram for the review and feedback from your recent visit at Rams Hill. We hope the wind doesn't keep you away from playing the course this season. Hope to see you hit the greens with us again!

"GREAT COURSE!!"

mmcneill's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/01/2017
First time playing Used cart

Staff extremely friendly - course is in fabulous condition. No. 18 is one of the prettiest holes I have ever played. This course is a treat - wouldn't hesitate to make the 1 hr+ drive again.

Commented on 12/05/2017

Thank you mmcneill for the five star review! We are happy to hear you had a great time at the course! See you again this season.

"Great course"

Schoneberg's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/30/2017

Rams Hill is an absolute treat to play. The greens are fabulous, the course layout is interesting and is in awesome condition. The staff could not be more helpful and pleasant.

Commented on 12/05/2017

Thank you Schoneberg for the five star review! We are happy to hear your course experience with the greens and staff met your expectations.Hope to see you again this season.

"Rams Hill Golf Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/27/2017

Very good design. Outstanding course conditions. Wind blew up to 45 mph but it didn’t take away from the day. 18 into the wind is a big boy hole, pull your pants up and buckle up. Would play again without reservation.

Commented on 12/05/2017

Thank you u000005783106 for the five star review. We are happy to hear the windy conditions didn't take away from your course experience. Hope to see you again soon!

"Great course"

alanforgolfing's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/26/2017

Worth the drive - we stayed for a few nights at the Casa del Zorro Hotel: the best way to enjoy the golf courses in Borrego Springs. It's just a pity that these great new courses are designed by architects that are NOT INTERESTED in creating a course that is walkable - too far green to tee.

Commented on 12/05/2017

Thank you alanforgolfing for the five star review and feedback. We hope to see you again soon at Rams Hill this season.

"Well worth the drive"

hacksalot03's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/25/2017

Course has come out of the summer in great shape. Was able to pick up a Hot Deal which made it a good value. Pace of play was good in the front, little slow on back, but finished in 4:10. Well worth the drive and would absolutely play again.

Commented on 11/27/2017

Thank you hacksalot03 for the five star review! We are glad you enjoyed your holiday weekend at Rams Hill! Come back and tee off with us again this season.

"Beautiful Course"

bubba727's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/24/2017

Loved the course. Pretty and fair. Just too slow. 5 hours. The staff was wonderful but it was really slow. If you are a resort golfer you will love it. I've played them all and it clearly is NOT the third best course in California. K

Commented on 11/27/2017

Thank you bubba727 for the feedback regarding your recent visit. We hope to see you again soon and tee off at Rams Hill with a fresh perspective.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/22/2017

Commented on 11/27/2017

Thank you coolm365 for the five star rating!

"Absolutely Stunning"

Michaelmatranga's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/21/2017

When you drive though the gates of the facility the beauty starts right away! Everything about Rams Hill is stunning, the view, the clubhouse, and especially the course. Most definitely is a course I’d Play again.

Commented on 11/27/2017

Thank you Michaelmatranga for the five star rating and review from your recent visit with us! See you again soon this season!

"Always an experience"

LifeofStylin's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/21/2017

Rams Hill is worth the drive no matter where you’re coming from! This course is always in spectacular condition and yesterday was just another day! I love this layout, it brings every club out of your bag and you have the confidence to hit every shot because no matter where you are, the lie is going to be pristine. I love how you can be creative with the greens, no matter where the pin is you can work the ball in and use the slopes and really play some cool golf shots! I would play this course everyday and almost feel like I’m plahing a different course because of the slopes and different ways to play it off the tee! Thanks again Rams Hill for an amazing day of golf!

Commented on 11/27/2017

Thank you LifeofStylin for the five star review! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at the course and hope to see you on the greens again this season.

"Rams Hill Never Disappoints!"

DanChelius's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/19/2017

Back for a second time and I almost forgot how much of a treat this golfing experience is. Absolutely gorgeous landscape with the desert mountains as a continuous backdrop. Completely lush and green from the rough to the fairways and greens. Not a single burnout spot to be found. Greens very rolling pure and smooth at about 11 on the stimp. There was some waiting on a few tee boxes but the pace of play was still kept to under 4:30. Jasper was very nice and friendly at the pro shop check-in. Driving range was in just as good shape as the course, stocked with ProV1's. Definitely worth the short 2 hour drive from San Diego. Hope to be back again soon!

Commented on 11/27/2017

Thank you DanChelius for the five star review and sharing the great pictures with us. We are pleased to see you had an awesome time at Rams Hill. Come back and tee off again this season.

"Simply Amazing!!!!!"

tcroom's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2017

I played this 72 holes this past weekend here at Rams Hill for a friends 40th birthday (18 Friday, 36 Saturday and another 18 on Sunday) and couldn't be any happier.

First off the staff is extremely inviting, friendly, and accommodating to all your needs. Secondly, the practice facilities are the best in Southern California with multiple chipping greens, ProV1 range balls, and large putting greens to help anyone warm-up and practice properly. Lastly, there aren't enough words to describe the immaculent conditions that this course was in. There wasn't a blade of grass out of place, and the Fazio design allows for a very fun day. The pace of play was exactly 4 hours each day too! We played 72 holes and with varying winds and changing up tee boxes throughout the weekend, it allowed for a rewarding trip and I'll come back to this place in a heart beat.

If you are in San Diego County and want to play the best course around, then make the trip out to Rams Hill! P.S. Way better than Torrey Pines and cheaper if you're not a resident. Thanks Mike and Renee for a great weekend!

Commented on 11/21/2017

Thank you tcroom for the five star review! We are pleased to hear that our staff was welcoming and the course conditions met your expectations. Come back and tee off with us again soon!

"Fun but slow"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/17/2017

Course is unbelievable but pace of play was really slow. We teed off at 12 and finished at 515 or so. The last two holes we struggled to see the ball. We also got unlucky with insane wind conditions. At least 30-40 mph winds made the play insane. The director compensated the slow play with drink vouchers which was nice. Overall love this course would come back definitely.

Commented on 11/21/2017

Thank you u803389743 for the five star review! We are pleased hear your time at Rams Hill was great even though weather conditions got in the way. Come back and tee off with us again soon!

"Thank You"

Sean6779718's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/16/2017

Played last week and it was wonderful. Me and my coworker from Arrowood Golf Course in Oceanside were given the industry rate and it was an honor to play at Rams Hill. Great conditions, very picturesque.

Pace of play on back nine was a little on the slow side but that’s no wonder, it’s such a beautiful course that people wanted to take their time and so did we. Thanks again for having us out. The General Manager was very friendly and the entire staff was accommodating and welcoming to us.

"Secluded but pristine"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/14/2017

We had an 11:00 teetimes but was paired with another twosome at 11:30. That was disappointing. Overall a beautiful course but totally in no mans land. So many gorgeous courses in the Palm Springs area in the same great shape. Not worth the drive.

"My favorite course in Southern California"

1Alliesdad's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/14/2017

The reason for this review is to let the golf world know what they might be missing out on here in Southern California.

I found this gem a few years ago and have told everyone that will listen how wounderful this course is to play. More then half of my men’s club now make the trip to play here as well as our womens club love to play here. We make the drive for the Palm Springs Area.

Rams Hill is as scenic as it is fun to play. The vistas from every tee box/green or in some cases the hazards are just remarkable.

This Fazio course is laid out in conjunction with the slop of the of the mountain that it rest near. Seamlessly flows along the side of the plateau. The front nine will you find yourself playing in to the mountain and the backside plays moving down the plateau and back to the clubhouse.

Each hole is unique in its layout and playes well with its environment. The many water features and creeks flow well with the course layout.

The greens at Rams Hill are by far the best in this part of California and I’d put them up against any I’ve ever played. Getting the slope and speed rite could be a challenge for some but once you understand how the ball falls to the valley floor then it’s just a matter of getting the ball rolling on you target line and watching it go in the hole. The greens are just that pure!

The fairways are wide and fair not a blade of grass longer the the other. The course conditions from the front gate to the 18th green are just excellent.

So if your ever in Borrego spring or Southern California and have a few hours to play do yourself a solid and give mike the head pro a call. He will be more then happy to work with you! Very responsive guy and wants all to enjoy his gem of a course.

Great place to play!!! We got through the round today in 3 house as we were first out today. However we’ve never played a round out there that’s longer the 4:15 minuets in the 3 years I’ve been playing there.

Disclaimer!, I’m just a golfer that plays 3 days a week and I’m an 11 index. I don’t work for Rams Hill just stay and play there and or drive there every so offten.

I truly believe you owe it to yourself to make your way to one of the best track you’ll find in all of California.

3parace, Ransford Mitchell.

Commented on 11/15/2017

Thank you Ransford for the five star review of your Rams Hill visit. We always enjoy to hear the wonderful experiences our golfers have at the course. Tee off with us again this season!

"Birthday round"

swordfish235's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2017

Great day loved the course, but teed off at 12:10pm barely got 18 holes in...was slow play and didn't see a Marshall out there. I will definitely be back. Also understand that it gets dark early this time of year. Great course

Commented on 11/15/2017

Thank you swordfish235 for the four star rating and feedback! We were glad to be a part of your birthday celebration. See you at the course again soon!

"I must be in goofff heaven"

pilipopj's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2017

Could the next hole be as good as this hole? We kept saying that for 18 holes! How many golf courses have I played.? Many, but this is in the top 5%. Tight fairway lies? No way fellow golfers. Easy to get a 3 or 4 wood in the air. Greens very undulating but a true read; might be a trade mark of Tom Fazio. I have an 11 handicap and played the white tees (5824 yds). Feeling so good I’ll return and play the blues. $80.00 on Golfnow...go play this course...wow

Commented on 11/15/2017

Thank you pilipopj for the five star review! We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent visit with Rams Hill. We hope to see you again this season!

"Worth the drive from Palm Springs..........."

Jonnybear's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2017

Great layout with some very pretty holes, especially the back 9 with some great changes in elevation. Greens very good and no cart restrictions which makes it worth the drive from Palm Springs as all the courses there are CPO due to recent overseeding. Very generous off the tee so high handicappers would enjoy as well as better golfers. Booked on golf now and got a great rate but there was a mix up with the tee time so would recommend you either book direct or call the course to reconfirm your tee time. The starter did slot us in so it was not a problem.

Commented on 11/15/2017

Thank you Jonnybear for traveling from the UK to tee off at Rams Hill! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again hitting the greens in the near future.