Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Sandestin Golf Academy"

Dress code: No Denim, Collared Shirt and Bermuda Shorts Required
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Average Rating 4.1 stars from 5

Location is at a resort near local attractions convenient to the city   Great for a weekend splurge advanced golfers playing multiple courses   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks

"Awful Pace of Play"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017

Waited on every shot....our group chalked it up to summer and being a resort course not a big deal. People relaxing. We drove off at the 4 hour mark which was after putting out on the 14th hole. Drove around the group in front of us waiting on the 15th tee par 5. Group in fairway....two couples on the 15th green. 16...17 and 18 not a soul on those holes! I kid you not. One group backed the entire course for the whole round. Really!

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 06/12/2017:

We're sorry to hear about inconsistent pace of play on the course during your round. This is not our standard and we hope to see you back so we can improve your 2 star experience. Thank you for golfing with us!

Commented on 06/12/2017

Club management comments...... "inconsistent pace of play". Get the course rangers. Only saw the beverage cart person. Not 1 players assistant.

. People... I speak the truth....comfortable with waiting on every shot and 5 hour round....enjoy.

"Scenic Course, in Great Shape!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017

Baytowne at Sandestin has a very nice, scenic layout. The fairways were in excellent shape. The greens are smallish, and rolled very true considering they had been punched about a month ago.

The staff was extremely friendly. The nice driving range with no additional charge for range balls is a plus. I'm going back tomorrow!

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 06/11/2017:

We're happy to hear you decided to play with us again the very next day! Thank you for the 5 star review and recommendation of the course.

"Ok"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017

I paid$30 on golf now no way is it an $80 course

No rangers to spend up play saw the cart girl twice the 2 time on 18

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 06/11/2017:

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! We're happy to hear you found a good value for your round. Thank you for golfing with us!

"Fantastic Course"

abtatum42's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2017

This was my first time playing Baytowne and I really enjoyed it. The staff was very friendly and the course was in remarkable shape. Definitely will be back. I would love to try their other courses

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 06/09/2017:

We would love to have you try all of our courses! Thank you for the 5 star review. We're happy to hear you played with remarkable course conditions and received friendly customer service. See you soon!

"Control the driver."

MoLock16's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2017

Overall this seems like a great course. Keep control of your driver or long shots and you should really enjoy the course. It's not very forgiving. The greens were aerated a week in advance but still haven't greened up enough to get good rolls when putting. Probably would give this place a 4.5 out of 5 with better greens. But I would play this course again.

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 06/09/2017:

Thank you for the 4 star review and recommendation! You provide great advice off the tee and we look forward to your next round with us!

"kc guys"

mauriceokeefe19's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2017

Thanks to the staff for squeezing us in on such a busy week. Its good to know that this course goes out of their way to help people that are in a bind with tee times. We play across the country and customer service can be lacking, but not with the people at SanDestin. From a guy in our group to hit a hole in one, to our 75 year old 24 handicapper, we all had a super experience. We will remember this course and staff as one of our favorites!!!

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 05/04/2017:

Hi mauriceokeefe19,

Good to see you were able to review Baytowne as well! Our staff really enjoy providing excellent customer service to all of our golfers to make a great day on the course. A hole in one? That's special. See you soon!

"Disappointed"

kbinkley82's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2017

First let me say I have been playing the Sandestin Courses for years. I almost always play twice when we come down for our family vacation. The Raven is one of my personal favorite courses.

But after today I will not be spending my money with them anymore. There are two reasons for that.

First the course was not in very good condition. The greens were slow and soft and the fairways, especially on the back, were spotty at best. Not what I expect from a resort course with resort pricing.

Second I booked the earliest time I could so I could make it back to the family for beach time, which was 7:15. When arriving I was told I was with another single. When he no showed I went off by myself.

Here is the rub. I was cruising along without interruption until I got to 15. That's where the decided to shotgun some groups for the next three holes!

After waiting 20 minutes for the first group to tee off I gave up and quit. It would have taken at least an hour and a half to finish.

I went to voice my complaints to the starter. Got even more irritated when first there was no apology and second it was pointed out that I played really fast and that's the reason I caught up to them! Who gives that explanation at a nice resort course?!

And of course not a ranger in site the whole round. I was informed he had just arrived.

This is long winded review to say that there are better options in Destin area for same or less money. My run of playing Sandestin courses is sadly over after the way I was treated today.

Commented on 04/28/2017

Mr. Binkley

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Baytowne Golf Club at Sandestin. We always appreciate feedback.

My apologies we did not live up to your expectations.

In your particular case we clearly misjudged pace of play to start the day. The Shotgun you reference went out at 9:15am. Since you arrived at the 15th hole about the same time they started, it means you were on a pace to finish in 2 hours and 20 minutes. Honestly, we accounted for 3 hours for these lead groups starting the day. Again, my apologies on this error.

As for the course itself, I respectively disagree with your assessment and feel the course is in great condition. In fact our Golf Advisor scores reflect this with a rating of 4.2 out of 5 Stars. Additionally, our percent to recommend is 93% for the past 12 months and an excellent 96.1% for the past 6 months. I follow these scores closely and hold staff accountable for results. Currently I am very pleased.

I hope you will reconsider your statement to never play Sandestin again and we welcome you back at any time.

Thanks and have a great day!

REH

Rick Hileman, PGA

Director of Golf

"Fun and Challenging!"

David2835385's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2017

Nice layout. A few holes definitely had some tricky water hazards that you would not know about on your first time out. Driving range was very nice and included in green fees. Plenty of space and nice grass! The pace was a tad slow but I have seen worse. I will be back next time I'm in Destin.

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 05/04/2017:

Hi David2835385,

Good to hear you'll be back to visit us! A few of the holes can be tricky with the water hazards, but it sounds like you were up for the challenge! We look forward to your next round.

"Good Course/ Terrible POP"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

Course was in good condition, friendly staff, great resort. Pace of Play was ridiculous- 6 hours

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 05/03/2017:

Hi u2286263,

Thank you for golfing with us and providing a 4 star review! Great to hear about excellent course conditions and friendly staff, but we're sorry about the inconsistent pace of play on this particular day.

"Sandestin Baytowne"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017

Always a treat to come to Sandestin . Beautiful place

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 05/03/2017:

Hi u000003667274,

Thank you for the 4 star review! It's always a treat for us as well to provide a great day of golf. See you soon!

"Course needs better customer service!"

bobpoetz's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2017

We own a condo on this property and never feel welcomed here. The staff never seem engaging with their customers.....like they would rather be somewhere else.

The golf is good.....but not great like some of the other courses we play nearby. We go back because it is so close to the condo.

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 05/03/2017:

Hi bobpoetz,

Thank you for golfing with us! We appreciate your review and general recommendation for the course. Quality customer service is one of our top priorities here at the facility. Your feedback will help us improve as a course, especially for our residential golfers such as yourself. See you soon!

"Holiday 2017"

rossborden's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

Layout is fine. Course is very dry. Not much grass under the ball . Most greens are in good shape. Good driving range.

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 04/25/2017:

Hi rossborden,

Your review and recommendation of the course is greatly appreciated. We're happy to hear you had a good day of golf, but we would like to provide an even better round next time. We hope to see you again soon.

"Excellent Destin course"

Mary6645413's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

We played Baytowne for the first time and were really impressed. Read some so-so reviews before booking (which were inaccurate and super picky) but due to convenience and price took a chance. It was a great experience from dropping out bags to finish.

Course was in great shape, staff were professional and very friendly. Driving range was nice and part of the green fees. Not as challenging as the Raven course, which we had played before, but it was interesting and pace was perfect. Felt like we got a great value and both of us (my partner is fairly new at the game and I have played for 30 yrs) would highly recommend Baytowne.to any level of golfer.

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 04/25/2017:

Hi Mary6645413,

Thank you for the 5 star review! Our staff really enjoys hearing from our golfers, especially with an experience such as this one. It is our goal to give a 5 star round from start to finish. See you soon!

Kreese13's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2017

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 04/25/2017:

Hi Kreese13,

Thank you for the 5 star review!

"Great course"

Lhuff's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2017

Storms the previous day made it cart path only but it still was great. Greens great. Crazy thing was we had a serious storm the day before but my tee time was 11.00 and there was absolutely no debris on the course. Staff was terrific. I have played the Links and now Baytowne. Wonderful.

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 04/22/2017:

Hi Lhuff ,

Thank you for golfing with us and providing a 5 star review! Our staff is thrilled to hear about your great golf experience on the Links and Baytowne. See you soon!

"Was a very good experience."

dennisbartlett's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2017

Greens were very good. Range balls were included in greens fees. Would play there again.

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 04/05/2017:

Hi dennisbartlett,

Thank you for the 5 star review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the greens and range balls included with your tee time. See you soon!

"Decent value"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2017

Greens were in very good condition. Fairways were a bit sparse in late March making most lies tight lies. I prefer lush fairways where the ball sits up just a bit. Courtesy driving range comes with green fees. Overall it was a good experience playing here.

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 04/05/2017:

Hi u000005113286,

Thank you for the review and recommendation. Fairways will be more lush as we head into Spring. See you soon!

"Great morning of golf!"

vrizzotto's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2017

First golf round in Destin. Course recommended by a frequent golfer in the area - i was very pleased. The course and staff were both great!! Highly recommended!!

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 04/05/2017:

Hi vrizzotto,

Thank you for the 4 star review! We're happy to hear we met all expectations for your round and were able to recommend the course. See you soon!

1285gf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 04/05/2017:

Hi mtgt128,

Thank you for the 4 star review!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/23/2017

We love playing San Destin Courses. We visit six or seven times a year.

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 04/05/2017:

Hi u595676273,

We love to hear from our return golfers! Thank you for coming back to golf with us again and again. See you soon!