Baytowne at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Sandestin Golf Academy"

Dress code: No Denim, Collared Shirt and Bermuda Shorts Required
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is at a resort near local attractions convenient to the city   Great for a weekend splurge advanced golfers playing multiple courses   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks

"Great vacation coure"

Jeffery7478403's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

Multiple tees allowed a 6 handicap to play with his 87 year old mother and both enjoyed the game joined a third and finished in less than four hours

Luis8192483's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

"Sandestin Baytowne"

Rickjanis's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

Awesome course, great staff will definitely be back.

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 09/20/2017:

Our staff appreciates your 5-star review of Baytowne!

"Baytown CC"

Raymond6837737's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/11/2017

Course was in great shape. Friendly staff. I play there at lease 3 times a month. Never disappointed

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 09/19/2017:

Always nice to hear from a loyal golfer at Sandestin! Thank you for golfing with us and providing a 5-star review on course conditions and friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you again!

jeffreysfiles's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2017

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 09/12/2017:

We enjoy hosting your round of golf! Thank you for the 5-star review. See you soon!

"Highly overpriced for a course in bad shape"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017

I played this course about 8 years ago and it was in fantastic shape. I was in the area again and decided to give it another shot. I should have picked any of the other many courses in the area. We paid right at $100 per player and feel it was about $75 too much. Greens are in terrible shape as are some of the fairways. The back nine was in much worse shape than the front. My playing partner even remarked to me that it was as if they ran out of money to take care of the back nine. Spend your money elsewhere if you are in the Destin/ Ft Walton area.

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 09/14/2017:

Thank you for golfing with us at Baytowne Golf Club! We’re sorry to hear you did not enjoy your round due to course conditions. Please feel free to reach out to the pro shop so we can further discuss how we can improve your next experience. The Links and Raven are two other courses you can check out while on property! We look forward to seeing you again.

"Greens need some work"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/31/2017

Their greens are in need of some attention. VERY bumpy, tons of poa annua grass growing in them, burnt out in quite a few places. When I pay close to $100 for a round, my expectations are a little higher.

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 09/12/2017:

Thank you for golfing with us! Our staff is working hard to keep greens conditions in top playing condition. Your feedback is appreciated.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2017

Staff was not very friendly. Rained so requested a rain check, was only given credit for 1 hole (was finishing #8 when lightning started), paid an 18 hole rate quoted by course on golf now for 4:00 pm tee time. Was told that that fee was their normal 9 hole fee and that they would only give me a raincheck for 1 hole not played vs the 10 that they should have given me. I tried to explain that this was for 18 holes on golf now but they did I not care! There were only 2 other groups that I could see on the hole course! The greens had recently been aerated which is normal. It the grass on the greens is in poor shape. There are numerous other courses here in Destin that are nicer and have staff that are happy to have you play their course. I will never play the Sandestin courses again!

Commented on 08/25/2017

Hello Sir.

My name is Liam Branagan, the Head Golf Professional for Baytowne and Raven Golf Clubs at Sandestin. I have read your review and followed up with my staff in regard to your experience here at Baytowne Golf Course. Please accept my apologies for the error we made in improperly reimbursing your green fees when it rained on Monday. I do believe that this was an honest error, and know that my staff did reach out to you to correct the mistake prior to seeing this review. I believe that what you deem to be an uncaring staff member was someone confident in the transaction they had made, however wrong it was. I hope that the staffs recognition and efforts to correct their mistake were to your satisfaction, and sincerely hope that you will return and allow us to earn your trust and patronage as a customer back.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 08/23/2017:

We're happy to hear you enjoyed Baytowne! Thank you for golfing with us.

"STL Mo rednecks"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/31/2017

Course was very amateur friendly, but challenging for the experienced golfer( we had a mix) fairways were great, greens a bit small but taken care of, we had a great time, thanks to Baymount Golf

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 08/10/2017:

We're happy to hear you had a great day of golf during your trip from Missouri. Thank you for recommending the course!

"Disappointed in the greens"

clbotts's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/27/2017

The layout of the course was confusing, however I made my way around with a friendly couple who knew the course. Many of the greens had what appeared to be crabgrass growing in them. With that said they were mowed and rolled pretty well. The greens were slower than I expected and was a slight let down. With that said, my overall experience was a good one. The staff and patrons were all very friendly. This could be a very nice course, I think I may have arrived at a challenging time of year (peak season with 95 degree temperatures and lots of play).

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 08/09/2017:

We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us. Playing with another pair with knowledge of the holes can definitely help during your first time. Next time, our goal is a 5-star experience!

"Awesome course, but crowded on a Sat. Morning"

jl12's avatar
Age:  Under 25

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Love getting to play on a golf course this nice. This was my second time getting to play Baytowne and the course was in great condition.

It was pretty hot, but can't complain too much for a morning in the middle of July. And they had a cart selling beverages come by probably 3-4 times during our round and another cart with Ice Cold towels came by twice.

Only negative thing of the day was a pretty slow pace of play. It took close to 5 hours to get 18 holes in. At each hole, we were waiting on the group in front of us to hit their second shot and then as soon as we hit off the tee the group behind us would be waiting on us.

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 08/09/2017:

Our staff is happy to fully accommodate our golfers on these hot summer days. We're sorry to hear pace of play was inconsistent during your round. Saturday mornings can be busy, but we still monitor play very closely. Thank you for the 4-star review!

"Nice"

Karol4459213's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/14/2017

I'm not the best golfer but we got a hit deal on this course. Close to hotel which was awesome. it was a really nice course. It rained a lot so it was cart path only which slowed the pace but it was fine. Great day of golfing. Very nice staff too. Book it!

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 08/09/2017:

Thank you for the recommendation! We're happy to hear from our golfers staying in nearby hotels. Our staff appreciated the comments on friendly customer service. See you soon!

Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2017

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 08/15/2017:

Thank you for the 5-star review! Always a good day when we hear from golfers enjoying their round of golf. See you soon!

"Poor conditions-disappointed"

DWC32459's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2017

Baytown is not in good shape. The greens have weeds growing and the bunkers have grass in them. Choose another place to play in Destin.

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 08/09/2017:

We're sorry to hear course conditions were not up to par on this particular day. We hope you can try The Links or Raven before deciding on another course in Destin.

"Not worth the price"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

I played here while on vacation during the week of July 4th. The layout of the course is great and the rough is very playable; however, the greens were in terrible condition in my opinion. They were extremely bumpy with poa grass coming through. For $100 I would expect the course to be in better shape. If the greens were smooth, then I would say it's worth the money. Otherwise, I wouldn't play it again.

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 07/19/2017:

Thank you for golfing with us! We're sorry to hear greens conditions were not up to par during your visit. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

"Florida greens and fairways."

bzn6vx1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Pretty typical Florida course, with sand, some water, very nice greens and fairways. Course was challenging but fair, a little tight in places where Condo sprawl has crept in.

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 08/09/2017:

Thank you for the 4-star review and recommendation! We look forward to your next round with us.

"Great Day"

TSM1714's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

2nd time to play this course and will play it again when we visit the area. The fairways are wide open and well kept, rough area is not to high and easy to play out of as well. Greens seemed to be a little fast and most of them were in perfect condition. Staff was great at the course and starter offered helpful hints for playing the course too. I liked the front 9 better than the back 9, back 9 is little more challenging than front. Course goes from bay side to ocean side, worth every bit of money to play there in my book.

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 07/19/2017:

Thank you for the 5 star review! Our staff is proud of current course conditions. We're happy to hear you'll be back to play with us again. See you soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2017

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 08/09/2017:

Thank you for the 4-star review and recommendation!

"Awful Pace of Play"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017

Waited on every shot....our group chalked it up to summer and being a resort course not a big deal. People relaxing. We drove off at the 4 hour mark which was after putting out on the 14th hole. Drove around the group in front of us waiting on the 15th tee par 5. Group in fairway....two couples on the 15th green. 16...17 and 18 not a soul on those holes! I kid you not. One group backed the entire course for the whole round. Really!

Response from Sandestin Resort and Club Management on 06/12/2017:

We're sorry to hear about inconsistent pace of play on the course during your round. This is not our standard and we hope to see you back so we can improve your 2 star experience. Thank you for golfing with us!

Commented on 06/12/2017

Club management comments...... "inconsistent pace of play". Get the course rangers. Only saw the beverage cart person. Not 1 players assistant.

. People... I speak the truth....comfortable with waiting on every shot and 5 hour round....enjoy.