Shale Creek Golf Club

Dress code: Collared shirt required

Green (W) 71 5043 yards 68.8 118

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for advanced golfers a weekend splurge locals   Challenges include bunkers water hazards forced carries   Great for drinks dinner 19th hole scenic views

robertross123's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/26/2017

Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 11/01/2017:

Hello Robert, thank you for giving our course, Shale Creek Golf Club, in the Medina area, a five-star review! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our course layout and that you found our course to be in great shape! We appreciate your feedback, and we'll see you out there soon!

"Fall Golf"

smyers0609's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/26/2017

The course was in great condition, including the greens. The pace of play was also perfect. Can't beat weekday golf in the fall!

Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 11/01/2017:

Hello, thank you for giving our course, Shale Creek Golf Club, in the Medina area, a five-star review. We are thrilled that you had a perfect round of golf at our course and that you found it to be in great shape! Thank you for playing with us, and we'll see you on the course!

"Overrated"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/25/2017

Course conditions were good and the greens were fast, but that's the only good thing I can say about this golf course. The layout winds through a residential neighborhood and you are liberally playing in someone's backyard on almost every hole. On one tee box a dog was about 40 feet away and barked at us continually. There is no scenic beauty and very few trees. I just don't understand why people like this course. Not my cup of tea. I won't be back and honestly wouldn't play it again if it were free. There are much better options in the area.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 11/01/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Shale Creek Golf Club, in the Medina area. We are sorry to hear that our course was not to your liking, but we are glad to hear that you found our course to be in good shape. We appreciate your feedback!

Ron2217886's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/22/2017

What a great course. Would play this again, sand traps were great and greens ran true.

Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 10/26/2017:

Hello Ron, thank you for giving our course, Shale Creek Golf Club, in the Medina area, a five-star review! We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience at our course, particularly in regards to our course layout and our excellent course conditions. We appreciate your feedback, and we'll see you out there soon!

"Perfect Day at Shale Creek"

poper15124's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/13/2017

Drove out from Pa on a two day buddy trip and played at Shale Creek. We had perfect weather for mid October. The course was a little wet from some midweek rain but in Very nice shape. Very Friendly staff and a Great experience. We will be back when we return to the area.

Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 11/01/2017:

Hello, thank you for giving our course a five-star review! We are happy to hear that you found our course to be in good shape and that you had a great time out there with your buddy. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

ronpiko's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/11/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 10/16/2017:

Hello Ron, thank you for giving our course a five-star review! We are thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable time at our course the other day. We are especially happy to see that you enjoyed our course layout and that you found our course to be in great shape. Thank you for the review, and we'll see you again soon.

"Best public-available course in Medina area."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/09/2017

Tee boxes, fairways, greens all in great shape. Most holes are not too difficult. Plenty of sand traps and rough to make it interesting, but, the fairways are wide enough to avoid trouble.

Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 10/13/2017:

Hello, thank you for giving our course, Shale Creek Golf Club, in the Medina area, a five-star review! We are glad to hear that you had a fantastic time at our course, particularly in regards to our course layout and conditions. Thank you for the review, and we'll see you out there soon!

"An OUTSTANDING experience!"

clyde2jan's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

I found this gem on the Golf Now website. The course starts and ends on magnificent holes. All sixteen holes in between are filled with unique challenges. The community through which the course winds is surprisingly by no means a distraction. No two holes are alike and each hole was a joy to play. I have played golf in every state and many countries. I rank this one among the ones that I am eager to play again. 5 stars are not enough.

Response from Shale Creek Golf Club on 09/21/2017:

Hello Clyde, thank you so much for the outstanding 5-star review of our course, Shale Creek Golf Club. We are ecstatic to hear how much you enjoyed your round and we hope to see you again very soon!

"Great track / conditions"

rdhawk05em's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

Busy day on Labor Day. Got off right on time. Course was in great shape, and staff was attentive.

Response from Shale Creek on 09/07/2017:

Thank you for spending a part of your Labor Day weekend with us. We're glad that you had an enjoyable day and we hope you book another tee time with us soon. Be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.

"This course makes you think"

anthony9867519's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/23/2017

I play Shale Creek as often as I can. Position is key. I never even bring a driver when I play here. Several doglegs require an iron or hybrid to tee off. You have to take your time and think about the shot on almost every hole but is very playable. Shale Creek is always in great shape and so much fun. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The best cheeseburger around. It really feels like you are on vacation when you enter the parking lot.

Response from Shale Creek on 09/07/2017:

Thank you, Anthony. Your kind words and 5-star rating are much appreciated and we look forward to you booking another round with us soon.

"Everything"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2017

This course was everything that I had heard about it and more. The community around the golf course is lovely. The course layout is everything that I had heard as far as play ability. At the turn the have a snack bar and at the end a 1st class eatery with everything you need for the 19th hole. I loved it.

Response from Shale Creek on 09/07/2017:

Awesome! Sounds like you had a great day and we appreciate you sharing your kind words. Book another round with us soon.

"Infuriating pace of play."

Marc8753206's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017

I played the back 9 first and loved it. Really enjoyed it. Then after the first nine it hit the slowest 3 ball I've ever been behind. I watched them tee off on every hole. They were not very good which is fine but have some decency or some golf etiquette and allow quicker better golfers to play through. Rangers should enforce this. Course was in good shape and looked nice. Would I play here again???? I don't know.... I was so angry at the pace of play on 17 I picked up my ball and drove back to club house. 8 holes took 2hrs:40mins. Ridiculous.

Response from Shale Creek on 09/07/2017:

Thank you for your review and kind words about the golf course, Marc. We apologize if the pace of play on the back nine took away from your overall enjoyment of the round. We hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

"A wet day at Shale"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017

Love this course but had a slightly wet start and rain during. I want to get back and play it again on a dry day. Great course

Response from Shale Creek on 09/07/2017:

Thank you for your review. We're glad that you enjoyed the course even though it rained during your round. We hope you join us again soon and hopefully with some sunny weather.

"Open course"

23Jarrell's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2017

Open coarse in good shape greens fast some of pin placement difficult can be very challenging but playable enjoyed our round

Response from Shale Creek on 08/03/2017:

Hi David, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Shale Creek. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the staff, conditions, and layout. We hope to see you back soon for another 5 star round in the Cleveland area!

"It was not much better than expected"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/27/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Actually. I really wanted to play golf at this golf course.

but it was not much better than expected.

greens and fairways are little bit hard to make good approach shot near greens. and some of holes are very challeging but also others are little bit moderate and boring.

Response from Shale Creek on 08/03/2017:

Hi Kangwoo, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Shale Creek Golf Club. We appreciate your business and the 4 star review. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience with our staff, layout, and pace of play. We hope to earn your business again in the future.

"nice course"

Urgist7's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Very nice staff who take your clubs, give you a fresh bottle of chilled H2O and send you to the driving range after you check in. Have heard lots of things about the course. Only drawback was the greens were only fair in my opinion. they have taken a lot of play and poor repairing of ball marks.

Response from Shale Creek on 08/03/2017:

Hi George, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Shale Creek Golf Club. Your feedback is very helpful to us regarding the conditions. We appreciate the 4 star rating and hope to see you soon.

"Has potential to be excellent!"

mtjaskiewicz's avatar
Age:  Under 25

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2017

Shale Creek is nice. Obviously one of the nicest courses in northeast Ohio and any local golfer would agree. I just think it has potential to be even better than it is. The only complaint I have is that the greens were very slow relative to how I would have expected them to be. The grass on the greens was much longer than it should have been which made the greens tough to get used to. The layout is great, though. Challenging holes, but nothing impossible. Try not to make mistakes that cost shots early on a hole because you won't be able to make them up on the greens!

Response from Shale Creek on 08/03/2017:

Hi Matt, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Shale Creek. We are so glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience. We hope to see you back for another round.

"My Experience"

glbaughman's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2017

First time to play the course - played during the week with a 11:20 tee time as a single. Got to the course early, told starter I could go whenever - he said everything was booked until my time. Went to first tee, I am a single - they put the twosome out 20 minutes ahead of me! There I was - playing behind groups of 4 - 2.5 hour front nine. Played front again just to get golf in - too many good choices in this area to play there again!

Response from Shale Creek on 08/03/2017:

Hi Gary, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our course, Shale Creek. We regret to hear that you didn't have a favorable experience. Your thoughts have been noted for future improvements. We hope that you give us the chance to earn your business again in the future.

Commented on 08/04/2017

I'm not sure how long you've been playing golf, but if it's been awhile then you should know that unfortunately, Aces have no rights. While it's annoying, I don't see anything wrong with what the golf course did. You should have asked if you could play with the twosome.

"Great course!"

brian4132472's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2017

Great course! Front nine is wide open but the rough is deep so if you hit off the fairway you are still in trouble. Lots of sand and water, most of the back is position shots because of the dog legs. The course is in great shape with big green that are kept up and play fast with good rolls. They have 5 different tee boxes, so it doesn't matter the level of the player, there's one fir your game.

Response from Shale Creek Tee Times on 05/23/2017:

"brian4132472" thank you for the 5 star review! We are excited to hear that the course was in great shape for your round and you enjoyed that it was playable for all skill levels. We hope to see you again soon for another round!

"Love the course."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2017

Shale Creek is one of our favorite courses to play. They need a ranger out on the course to tell slower golfers to pick up pace. Skipped two holes to pass up slow groups that would wave us through.

Response from Shale Creek Tee Times on 05/18/2017:

We apologize for any poor experiences you may have had with pace of play during your round. However, we are happy to hear that Shale Creek is one of your favorite courses to play! We look forward to seeing you again soon for another round.