Kissimmee Golf Club

3.5197000000 3.5 stars from 5 (431)

Gift this Course

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Tees | Layout

Championship 72 6563 yards 73.0 126

Average Rating 3.5 stars from 5

Location is near the airport convenient to the city near local attractions   Great for locals seniors beginners   Challenges include water hazards bunkers narrow fairways   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

"Great course"

Lisecordsen's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

It was our 6 round of golf in Orlando and most of the courses had been very dry with no grass or brown grass. The weather has beboere very hot and no Rain for a long time. We were therefore supprised to se a golf course with fairly green fairways and very good greens. Interresting layout and not many players. Our round took only 3 hours

"Off the beaten path"

buckeyetoo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Main complaint was that I was a single and showed up before my tee time by about 30 minutes and was on the number one tee for about 15 to 20 minutes amongst a group who were having a tournament. Finally the starter showed up after I had hit my tee shot down the right center and he proceeded to tell me I could not play and interrupt the flow of the tourney members. I had to pick up and go off the tenth tee by myself again. I was finally paired up with a couple of gentlemen at the 11th tee my round with them

"Good course for all levels"

rhb50's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I've played here before and like the layout around the airport. There are no houses anywhere which is unusual for Florida. Good variety of holes. The course is suffering like all the rest of Florida courses from the lack of any rain, yet the greens held OK. The tee boxes and the fairways are ok, but they are hard as a rock. Like most of the courses in this area the ball can roll an unexpected distance, 10 yards off line could turn into 20 or more. I played at noon, there was no starter so I joined another single. Play was extremely slow, 5 hours. This was by far the worst pace of play I've ever experienced here. Check in is always extremely slow. Plan to arrive a little early. Definitely will be back.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

"Pretty good course"

philbryan's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

We played 2 consecutive days on April 19 & 20 and were quite pleased with this course. The course is in much better shape than many of the others in the area. Fairways are mostly greened up and even and the greens are generally not patchy. Pace of play was very good on both days. On course bathrooms are not in good shape. Being next to the airport was also kinda neat. We would definitely recommend KGC.

"Course is coming along nicely"

Deenyr's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017

This course is going to be spectacular. They are currently working diligently to get the fairways all manicured. The putting greens are great! You can see there is new management in here and making fantastic strides. For the value this place is excellent. There is an enthusiastic golf pro willing to address your every need. I would send anyone asking along to them for a great day of golf!

"A Hidden Gem"

Ckulb7820's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2017

I've been coming to Florida for spring break for 15 straight years now, since I was 11. We stay at a timeshare resort in Kissimmee. I began playing golf when I was 10 years old.

My dad and I began playing in Florida in 2004, when he picked the game up and I was 13. We've played some courses a bunch, others once or twice, and others not at all.

We found KGC in 2007. We love that it's not a resort-style course, it's not pricy, and it's great quality for what you really receive.

You won't be met by someone who takes your clubs out of your cart, you won't get free range balls, and you won't get hot towels in the cart. You will have to put your own clubs on your cart, and you'll even have to bring your own tees. For $19.99 in April, I don't know what more you could ask for.

It seems that a lot of courses in the area are not as great as they once were; The Legends at Orange Lake, Mystic Dunes, and even the Disney courses have fallen off in the last 10 years while KGC has only minimally changed.

I remember in the 2007-2010 years when there was a full pro shop, a club pro, and even logo balls for purchase. That is no longer, however it is still what it should be - a golf course. The beer is cheap and cold, the staff is friendly and accommodating, and the course is in great shape.

For this round, the greens were slightly furry - they must have not been cut that morning. However, they were very true, and the course was the greenest around. The area has gone through a huge drought, and it shows at almost all the other courses in the area.

I'm a huge fan of KGC for the course's layout, the numerous alligators that live in all the ponds, the price, and the location. It's cool in my opinion to be able to hit a tee shot on a hole and see a biplane take off 400 yards away.

We will continue to come back to Kissimmee Golf Club for years - and I want to give a huge thank you to the staff that has been so great to us for 10 years.

"Great day at Kissimmee Golf Club"

davidarnar's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2017

Me and my son played a round of golf here, the course is challenging with its many doglegs and somewhat small and hard to hit greens. That said the greens are quite receptive, though a little slow when putting. Trees come into play on both the front and back (more on the back), and the airport sits somewhat in the middle of the back nine (as OB).

On the front nine we were around 1,5 hrs, and approx 2 on the back nine, pace of play was excellent. Our tee time was 14.20. We really enjoyed our round.

b1qvgk74's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

"Nice value priced track to knock the dust off your game."

golfdealseeker's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2017

We were a bit speculative on our drive from the resort areas of Florida as this course is located near both an airport and trailer parks. When we arrived the young lady working the counter was friendly and cordial. It is not the type of place where there are bag attendants and starters awaiting to great you.

The course itself was fun and fair and coming from "up north" it was a perfect place to get out and knock the rust off.

The greens rolled fast and true, the tee boxes were level and well taken care of. When we played Florid is going through a drought and the course was firm and fast? It was not lush by any means but it also was not as burned up as I thought it could have been.

We played for$20 on a golf now hot deal and we played late in the afternoon and pretty much had the course to ourselves.

Definitely worth the drive if you are looking to save a few bucks and whack it around.

alan559nash's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2017

"Good course layout"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2017

The course and greens were good but the tee boxes need to be repaired or replaced. The pro shop was friendly but the lady running the snack bar was rude.

"Favorable review"

Nimblett's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Pace always pretty good, very friendly players to play with, course in good shape even though we are in a drought stage..Are on vacation & will play again next time we are in the area next March & April.

"Decent course"

irishmike27's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2017

My wife and I enjoyed our round. Greens were nice, understandably the rest was pretty dry. Good value.

Ilrath22's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2017

lsacco's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2017
First time playing Used cart Verified Purchaser

Very disappointed with the course. The fairways are in poor condition and the greens are in need of repair. The overall appearance of the course and condition is poor.

Commented on 04/02/2017

Dear Isacco,

Firstly, thanks for playing with us. We are not used to getting such a low star review Isacco. The team at KGC works hard to provide excellent customer service and fair playing conditions. In fact, several golfers that played in the same time frame you have, had much nicer things to say about the facility. No question we are in the middle of a drought and things are a bit drier than we would like. Our greens are still getting rave reviews from most? Is there anything else we let you down on to encourage you to leave a 1 star review? If you would give us the opportunity to contact you and discuss why the review came through the way it did we would appreciate it.

Kimo Figueroa

Operations Manager

kfigueroa@kissgolfclub.com

"A Real Golf Course in Florida."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2017

I was in Orland for a week. I golfed four different courses and I liked this one the best so I came back on day five. It was the only course that had fairways that weren't burnt to a crisp. The staff is chill. My only complaint is that they let a five some out in front of us and they held up me and my partner. This is a golf course, no bouncing shots off houses or driving through parking lots to get the next hole.

"Love the planes"

garyharker's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2017

As long as airplane or helicopter noise does not bother you, you will like this course. We loved the airplanes and helicopter taking off and landing. The course layout is fine but had some trouble knowing where to go next. Greens were in better shape than most courses we have played in the area in the last 5 weeks. Couple more restroom options would be nice. We saw an array of planes from military jets, corporate jets to small private prop planes taking off and landing. We even saw someone taking flying helicopter lessons. We found all of this as an added bonus to the golf. Could the course be in better condition, sure but the same can be said for any course in the area including the Omni Champions Gate courses.

"Play"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2017

Someone could check pace of play we know it's busy but the 3some in front of us were more into getting balls out water and on the airport when the group in front were off the green on a par 4 if u need balls go to garage sales

"Love the Planes!"

carter15's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2017

Great layout but a bit dry. We loved all of the planes that took off and landed.

Great friendly staff helped make this a better round.